KARMA Sushi Steakbar
346 Plaza Real
Boca Raton, FL 33432Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
KARMA Sushi Steakbar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.karmasushisteakbar.com/
- Phone: 5613613999x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday and Saturday 5:00pm-11;00PM
Happy Hour: Daily 5:00pm-8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Mike Ellis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Come for dinner and stay late on the weekends to relax and enjoy our late night crowd. Listen to some of the best music in South Florida, in a tony, trendy environment. Join us at KARMA Sushi Steakbar where eating is not just about exceptional food; it’s an experience!!!
A word from KARMA Sushi Steakbar
KARMA Sushi Steakbar, a modern American steakhouse, serves classic steakhouse cuisine, supplemented with an innovative sushi component, to create an exhilarating dining experience that invigorates all your senses. Our mouthwatering steaks, classic and creative side dishes, salads, and celebrated, creative seafood selection will give you a reason to dine at KARMA. Our exemplary and attentive service will keep you coming back. In addition to perfecting the standards that you expect at an exceptional steakhouse, experience our inspired, unparalleled dishes, including crispy free range boneless half-chicken, juicy-tender filet mignon, and inventive sushi rolls. Prepare to be enchanted by our Chef’s selection of the best quality produce, meats, home-made sauces, butters, and desserts. Enjoy Happy Hour daily at our full service island bar and experience our romantic outdoor dinning area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
KARMA Sushi Steakbar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Bad KarmaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2014I was very disappointed at the service and inattentiveness of the staff at this restaurant. For starters we waited for 20 minutes to be seated and we had a reservation, only to find out that the booth that we requested was still unavailable. The staff seamed very rushed. My chicken teriyaki was very sweet and salty. I ordered the chocolate cake as a dessert and when they brought it to me the cake was ice cold. In addition to that I was not furnished with any utensils to eat the cake with so I had to wait 5minutes until I saw someone that I could flag down and ask for spoon.Special Features:
- TrendyBocaresidentDined on 1/25/2014Great busy happening location. Food was good, I had the strip steak, sensible portions about 5 oz of steak. That was perfect. Sauce was super. We had lots of time to relax. Better than the usual. Good overallSpecial Features:
- ServiceLisaVIPDined on 1/25/2014Due to the poor service we will Not be returing to this place. Don't bother with the bread pudding for dessert. We sent it back. Tasteless!
- Karma has changed quite aBigBruceDined on 1/24/2014Karma has changed quite a bit. In the past, it was kind of obvious they were not as busy as they could have been. Now, they play today's popular music fairly loudly, and, cater to a younger crowd. That is fine, but, for some of us who are older, it is a bit loud now. But, their food continues to be excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodJenniferDined on 1/24/2014Karma fried rice is by far the best fried rice I have had with ton of flavor. I ordered it with the skirt steak which had a yummy cilantro sauce. Their Havana Roll is a MUST try!!! It has guava and cheese which goes great with their sweet eel sauce. Both times I went the servers were nice but could have been better.Special Features:
- Rolls were delicious, a littleMMEatsDined on 1/24/2014Rolls were delicious, a little overpriced. High energy vibe....Had a great time with firendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We finally had a chance toPoohgirlDined on 1/24/2014We finally had a chance to try Karmas and we were not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteKendojoVIPDined on 1/19/2014This is my new favorite restaurant. Food, service and ambience are all perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeKendojoVIPDined on 1/12/2014The food was spectacular, the best sushi I've had. The server was great, friendly and efficient. The place was really nice, we ate outside on a beautiful evening. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, great service,AnonymousVIPDined on 1/11/2014Delicious food, great service, eyes smoothing light. Bar seems to be vibrant. The place is set in from Real and is located between Villagio and Max's Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experience overalladamDined on 1/10/2014the waiter we had came over right away and got a drink order from us. Then when he came back with the drinks he took our app and dinner orders. So far so good until the apps came out and 30 seconds later the dinner plates were right behind it so we had a table piled with food and drinks. Not really complaining but we then felt like the evening out was now rushed because we had to eat all this food all at once so it would not get cold. The staff needs to make sure food comes out properly so the client is not rushed. I would come back and hope it was just an honest mistake that the wait staff made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night outHilaryEveDined on 1/10/2014This is a great place for a date night or dinner and drinks with friends. The atmosphere is great, the decor very nice and modern and the food was delicious. Just wish they'd have some better tasting Cocktails on the menu but overall great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Action at MiznerblueskiesVIPDined on 1/10/2014The sushi was as good as any in Boca but being able to sit outside in the atmosphere of a happening city is worth everything. The steak and the salmon were also very good. The rice was outstanding. The sushi rolls were different and very tasty.Special Features:
- Not so special sushiBaubieVIPDined on 1/6/2014Went out of our way to go to Karma & found it's sushi to be nothing special. The descriptions were great, the product was not too tasty. There were 6 of us & most agreed that for an upscale Boca restaurant they need to improve their service and product. The printed wine list was good, but they did not have the first 4 types of wine I ordered... so in fact I ordered their special martini and it was tasteless. Had I not been with a group, and suggested the restaurant myself, I would have sent it back. We asked them to split the 7 rolls in 1/2 because we were sharing at end of the table and they refused. A simple thing but not a helpful response, so we did it ourselves when the platters came. Not sure I'll return.
- Warm raw fishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/5/2014The sushi menu was very limited and when I ordered one of the only raw items on the sushi menu it came out slightly over room temperature... It was very very bland food... Even the wasabi was blandSpecial Features:
- We went to Karma Sushi steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/3/2014We went to Karma Sushi steakhouse for my fiance' birthday and we had an amazing waitress Stephanie who made sure the whole night went perfectly. The food was amazing. And atmosphere was better than any other restaurant i've been too. I think we found our new favorite spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SO DISAPPOINTED!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2014Karma is GORGEOUS! Kudos to the designer & it ends there. Service started out OK, but ended when a large party was seated (restaurant fairly empty). We were excited about sushi menu (LOVE sushi & always happy to try new places) but found it fair at best. We were overcharged & asked for a corrected bill. We were then presented with an itemized receipt (as opposed to a credit /bank card receipt), where they drew a line for us to sign on & told us to just write in the tip $ and everything would be fine. After several attempts, we asked for the manager who was SO NASTY and we're still waiting for the bank card correction. Good reason all the restaurants in Mizner Park are packed and Karma is empty. WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE AGAIN!
- Still a great experienceBigBruceDined on 12/31/2013We have eaten here many times before. So, we decided to go here for New Year's eve. The food was very good, as always. The service was a little off, but probably because it was a holiday. But, it did seem that the staff was trying to hurry us along so they could use the table again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boca Jewelvlo7413Dined on 12/31/2013Karma is my favorite pkace to dine in Boca. Friendly staff. Foid is great! Ambience is even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service in MiznerMichaelDined on 12/31/2013Lots of value and quality at Karma. The steaks are generous in size and were cooked perfectly. Definitely try the vegetable tempura.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay AwayKarmaIsTheWorstVIPDined on 12/30/2013While every other restaurant on the strip was bustling, this place was nearly empty. This should have been the first clue. The sushi is pure rice, the service was non-existent and the owner is absolutely clueless. This place is such a waste as it is pretty to look at but that's where the experience ends.
- No corkage fee allowedchrisliceyDined on 12/30/2013If you like to pair you sushi or sashimi with a wine of your preference the manager would not accommodate your need. It's pretty much take it or leave it. Also, even though my server was excellent and showed more interest that the manager of the restaurant, don't go to this place if you need to be somewhere else after dinner since they took forever to come up with two specialty rolls.
- waiter was very good, butLindzDined on 12/29/2013waiter was very good, but overworked handling indoor and outdoor tables. In season and Christmas week so pretty busy. I had the crab/shrimp bowl with lomein noodles, salty and needed veggies. my daughter had the skirt steak with tempura veggies and it was excellent. we had a spicy tuna roll to start that was just right amount of spice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very worthwhileJK1401Dined on 12/29/2013Great restaurant. Terrific food. Very nice portions. Best burger in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was extremely poor.bratgangDined on 12/28/2013Service was extremely poor. Sushi was good not great. Presentation was nice. Fries were amazing. Fries & the ambiance were the best part of the meal. They weren't that busy but they ran out of wine glasses so we had to drink wine out of snifters. They seemed a bit unorganized. We wouldn't go back.
- Honestly the worst experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013Honestly the worst experience I have ever had at a restaurant.
- best sushi in townsb1946Dined on 12/26/2013I went to KARMA because a co-worker recommended it and will be going there A LOT! I took my boyfriend who loved being able to watch the HEAT game on their TVs while we ate. He is very particular about his steak and he loved it and said it was a great deal. I tried a couple of different appetizers and they were all good. My favorite was the edamame which they make in a delicious and unique way. We also had their white chocolate bread pudding, which was the best bread pudding I ever had. It was such a large portion, we couldn't finish it. We loved their wine selection too. They have a few very good and inexpensive wines to pick from. We are going to be regulars!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So happy we found this placeFrequentDinerDined on 12/26/2013my husband and I just discovered Karma. What a find! We couldn't believe this place exists in Boca. First, it's gorgeous. Second, the food was amazing. I love sushi and tried 2 of their rolls. They were both outstanding. They offer brown rice rolls, and rice less rolls too. I had the vegan roll, which was awesome and the underwater roll, which had a ton of fresh tuna in it. My husband doesn't eat sushi so he had a beef and fried rice dish which he loved. The only regret I have is that we were too full to try one of their desserts. The table next to us ordered the chocolate cake which looked great. We'll have to save room for it next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - the worst serviceMccsabDined on 12/23/2013What a bummer; although the food was good, it was totally over-shadowed by the horrible service. We were 6 people sitting outside; it was not busy but it took an hour just to get our drinks and not all came to our table; it was only after we got up and asked what the heck was going on did they even respond. We finally asked they get another server and I asked to speak to the manager after we ate but he/she never came. Our second server seemed overwhelmed. I am not one looking for a hand out but after all that I was so surprised that the manager didn't have the decency to talk to us. NEVER AGAIN.
- FoodNattyDined on 12/15/2013I had gone with my daughter for her birthday! The food was just ok and the service was mediocre, the prices were high for sushi. I will not go back and would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantJAnddDined on 12/7/2013We went to Karma for our anniversary and really enjoyed it. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. I have already started recommending this restaurant to friends and coworkers.The restaurant is very nice inside and has modern high back booths. The atmosphere is modern, romantic, and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff were friendly and helpful.mcyamaVIPDined on 11/26/2013Staff were friendly and helpful. Eclectic menu items did not live up to expectations. Probably a fun spot for late nite party goers.Special Features:
- Service needs workMamaGVIPDined on 11/23/2013The food was great, but the service lacked. The waiter was nice, but rushed. I think he had too many tables and not enough help. The food was slow in coming out but no one checked to see if we needed anything. The servers who brought the food were very confused as to who got which meal. It was difficult to order a drink and then I had to ask where it was. We asked the bus boy to fix the wobbly table and he basically ignored us. The waiter did fix it.Special Features:
- Poor service with marginal foodCp7219Dined on 11/23/2013We had high hopes - menu looked great as did the restaurant - service was horrible - wife ordered a salad with vinaigrette dressing on the side - the waiter brought a bottle of vinegar and couldn't understand the difference - food was poor at best there were 4 of us and no one liked the food - when service is bad its hard for the food to make up for it
- bad overallchadDined on 11/22/2013Went there on a Friday night at 6pm. Waiter never came to the table to start and rarely checked back to see how we were doing. The fact that the entire place was empty made it inexcusable. We had two appetizers and a bottle of wine. The food was decent, nothing special at all. We quickly paid and went to another restaurant next door for dessert. WHAT A WASTE OF $86!!!!!Special Features:
- Keep coming backeat2beDined on 11/9/2013We love the food and the ambience. Service is great too. We love having a local restaurant that we can keep going back to and that is consistently good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was enjoyable and serviceNancyWestchesterDined on 11/5/2013Food was enjoyable and service very attentive. Menu primarily pan Asian. A big, but attractive restaurant space.
- Disappointed -disappointedDined on 11/2/2013We returned to Karma after being away for the summer. Their menu (lack of specials) was a surprise. The quality of the food and presentation were fine. The problem was the service - specifically it took about an hour for our food to be brought to the table! The waiter was quite pleasant - he kept coming over to tell us the food will be right out. Obviously there was a problem in the kitchen. Too bad . . .
- Fresh foodAOAOVIPDined on 9/12/2013We had the sushi and it was one of the better sushi meals I have had. Very fresh and delishious. Very big menu. Really recommend this place. Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2013Second time we ate here. Great service, delicious food, good karma!!Special Features: