901 Hausten Street
Honolulu, HI 96826Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://karaicrab.com/
- Phone: 8089526990x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Chef Miles Miyamoto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bring a little taste of Karai Crab your home or office. Let us create a menu that will have your guests thinking you're a culinary master. Let us do the work!
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrate any occasion and enjoy the privacy of one of our sister restaurant, the Willows exclusive banquet rooms. Lavish buffets served with Aloha, and comfortable, air-conditioned private rooms are sure to create that lasting memory for your special guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jon Shimotsukasa 8089526990x
A word from Karai Crab
Karai Crab is a fun and spicy restaurant. Enjoy spectacular seasonings with your favorite seafood. Garlic Butter King Crab, Lemon Grass Shrimp, Miso Sake Clams to name a few. We also offer delectable appetizers and daily specials like Salt & Pepper Shrimp, Fried Catfish, Sweet Potato Fries, Etouffee, and Cioppino. Mild, Medium, Spicy, and Ghost Pepper Spicy...we offer it all!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Karai Crab reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (6)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (3)special occasion (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Quality seafood & great serviceMarissaVIPDined on 8/12/2014I was browsing through OpenTable looking for somewhere to take my brother to dinner for his birthday. I hadn't heard of Karai Crab before (and we love crab) and the reviews were good, so I took a chance and booked it. It was great! Service was friendly and patient with our order; food was yum! We had the combination and added snow crab. The quality of all the seafood (clams, mussels, shrimp, and crab) was great (very fresh, which was a pleasant surprise). I would go back.Special Features:
- Bring on the crabLovesYummyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Consistency is important in keeping a great rating. The food at Karai Crab was great as usual, especially the miso sake clams. The servers were very observant and attentive. Noise was moderate, even with kids around-----they were pretty well behaved. It was just a wonderful experience and we left the restaurant smiling with content.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service and great portions!GoneDiningDined on 7/28/2014I keep coming back to Karai Crab because it's a great restaurant overall! The seafood portions are generous and the service is ALWAYS amazing. We enjoy the small lanai they share with The Willows but beware, there are a couple mosquitos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafoodloverVIPDined on 7/21/2014Delicious fresh seafood--hard to beat it! Messy, but isn't that half the fun?Special Features:
- Fresh SeafoodJaXoNDined on 7/12/2014What I really liked about the food was that the clams, the shrimp, the mussells were REALLY fresh. So on that front, we really liked it. The sake-miso clams were excellent! Overall, a great experience.
- Wonderful food and serviceSassypharmDined on 7/10/2014I had read good things about it in the paper, but the food exceeded all my expectations. My husband and I went for our usually dinner night out. We try lots of places, lots of cuisines, high$$$$ to strip mall joints. This got to be one of my favorite funds in three years. Amazing tasting food and such friendly staff. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's crabtime!LovesYummyVIPDined on 7/9/2014We'd been to the Karai Crab before it joined OpenTable so we were delighted to find it joined. The place is not a large one but it is cozy and there is an outdoor section looking out on a pond which is nice on warm days. Something on its menu that is unique and very tasty is the "miso sake clams." Their "karai sauce" on the crab is very good. "Karai," in Japanese, means "spicy," and the "karai sauce" can be ordered at different "heat" levels. We will definitely be coming again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Restaurant!SeafoodLoverDined on 6/28/2014Karai Crab was a pleasant surprise. The food and service were both exceptional. The staff took their time to build a level of rapport with my friend and I. Initially our reservation had to be moved and the manager called us immediately and gave us a discount for the inconvenience. It was overall a really great experience and it had a personal, local touch to it that can't be imitated. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone who comes to visit town or even the people who currently reside in Hawaii.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Karai Crab reviews archive.