Kanpai - Sushi Asian Bistro
4593 washinton ave
Evansville, IN 47714Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Kanpai - Sushi Asian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mykanpai.com/
- Phone: (812) 471-7076
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Fusion / Eclectic, Asian
- Executive Chef: Jayson Munoz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We will make your event great!
- Entertainment: Live Music Wed nights!
A word from Kanpai - Sushi Asian Bistro
Kanpai is a restaurant best known for its sushi; we have over 55 beers in house that change on a weekly basis. We have $15 bottles of wine all day every day and we also have a new kitchen menu for a taste of the very best in Asian inspired dining. If you enjoy great food and a great atmosphere, Kanpai is a unique Evansville restaurant to visit for lunch or dinner. We are right off of Green River Road if you’re looking for something near Evansville’s east side. Every time you stop in could be a different experience, as we may have live music or a craft beer tasting. If you’re hungry and in a hurry for carry-out or a large business delivery, Kanpai now offers the simplicity and accuracy of online ordering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Kanpai - Sushi Asian Bistro - Best Restaurants in Evansville ›
Kanpai - Sushi Asian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (6)hot spot (6)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Good fun foodjdinerDined on 11/8/2014This was our 2nd trip to Kanpai. The food and service is excellent. It is a small place so be prepared to wait if you don't reserve ahead. It is well worth the wait though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Sushi in town!ShagNwoodDined on 11/1/2014Great place to enjoy delicious Asian foods and drink cold beers. Thank you for bringing "Big City Flavor" to the Evansville food scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AveragehvyrepsDined on 10/18/2014Was just average sushi, very small dining area. It wasn't bad nor great. Just average.
- Food and funsushi4lifeVIPDined on 10/14/2014This place is definitely in the top 5 of places to go in Evansville...The food and drink selection are tops! Make sure to save room for dessert as the cookie dough egg rolls are fantastic! Great staff!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a great exoeriwmceFdubofdwDined on 10/4/2014We are from out of town and this is where my fiancé and I came on our first date and we came back again on Saturday night and he proposed to me! The server brought us over a delicious desert to celebrate and congratulated us! It was a perfect proposal and dining experience! Thanks kanpai!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 59 reviews are from the Kanpai - Sushi Asian Bistro reviews archive.
- first visittedsoneDined on 7/25/2014Heard great things about Kanpai but had never been. Finally had the chance to go and it was well worth it. Excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skunkyDined on 7/22/2014I'm 76 and I met my 23 yr old grandaughter here for lunch at her suggestion. The lunch menu had many options at a reasonable price. The Thai seasonings were exquisite. I arrived early and was welcomed. Service was prompt and friendly but not intrusive. We chose to sit and chat for a while after we finished and were not hurried out the door! I just wish it was not a 3 hr drive from my home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Sushi FanIlovefoodDined on 7/19/2014This was my first time eating sushi,and it was excellent. Kanpai came highly recommended by my sister-in-law and brother. I was trying to think if something different to do for my 30th birthday, and Kanpai was it. Everything we ordered was delicious and looked neat and appetizing on the serving plates. My favorite was the Yum Yum Roll. The King Kong Roll was great, too. Even our bowl of rice was delicious. The waitress was very nice and patient as it did take us all a while to make our selections. Kanpai served me a free birthday dessert, and we were given coupons for free crab Rangoon to use when we return. I definitely will be going back soon and can't wait to try other items on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014I had a good time and experience at kanpai. The staff was friendly and informative. The sushi wasn't the best I've ever had but it was fresh and certainly tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time with friends!kathyrs60Dined on 7/1/2014Food was great! Love the crab rangoons and my new favorite is cookie dough egg rolls. Great place! Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SUSHICiCiBickDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant is great for the beginner or advanced sushi eater! I wasn't afraid to try something different because EVERYTHING tasted excellent! Great drink specials too. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Always greatTomDVIPDined on 6/15/2014Can't beat the sushi or drink specials. We go often. Vegetarian choices as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceTP1970Dined on 5/23/2014Been to Kanpai twice, one time for lunch and one time for dinner. Food and service both were great each time. Will be back again. I would recommend Kanpai to anyone who likes sushi and Asian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi was awesome!Bigkat122Dined on 5/3/2014We got the Godzilla roll (it's deep fried), the volcano roll (chunks of jalapeño on it, very spicy) and your basic spicy tuna roll. We also shared the crab Rangoon (always delicious here) and the general tso's chicken (kind of dry, but pretty decent). I would definitely recommend eating here and I will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just awesome!EagledudeDined on 5/3/2014We love this place! Our server, who we had both times, is amazing! The food is tremendous and the dessert was the perfect ending to a perfect meal. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sushi heavensteveDined on 4/24/2014Fresh exquisite food. Saki was not bad either. They need a larger restaurant though so there is less waiting. Build it and they will come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food As Always!!WeLuvSushiDined on 4/18/2014This is one of our favorite Sushi restaurants. The food is always fantastic and the service is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicesoloajDined on 4/9/2014Service was excellent. Noise level was very high, however. All else was superb.Special Features:
- Great FoodmscholzDined on 3/29/2014Food was amazing. The General Tso's chicken was the best I've had. We ordered 3-4 kinds of sushi and all was phenomenal.Special Features:
- Best for EvansvilleSRJ03Dined on 3/16/2014This is a great little place! It would be good in any city but compared to other Evansville offerings this is as good as it gets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/5/2014So glad we made reservations as it was busy since it was Wine Wednesday ! We got right in with hardly any wait, comfy red chairs, right in front of the singer. The host made sure we were taken care of and the food was excellent! Our waitress was friendly and had good recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best in EvansvilleEUDadVIPDined on 3/2/2014If you like sushi, you will love this place. My daughter is a sushi lover - as am I. Took her for a Sunday early afternoon birthday lunch and we both left very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eville GemEtownDined on 3/1/2014Love this restaurant! A friend took me here about 9 months ago and I now make it a regular spot to dine. My boyfriend and I love the sushi, tapas - especially the Tuna trio dip and Pow Pow shrimp. Recently tried the dumplings and YUM. It's a great place for a date or a night out with your girls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jayson Muñoz and his KanpaiGoodFoodFanDined on 3/1/2014Jayson Muñoz and his Kanpai team continually provide outstanding service with top quality flavors and variety. We enjoy everything on the menu and can't get enough Kanpai or CKB over in Henderson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great valentine's dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Kanpai was packed because of the holiday. Food was great. My husband and I will return.Special Features:
- We love Kanpai. The food isabouchieDined on 2/14/2014We love Kanpai. The food is always good and the beer selection is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamieDined on 1/28/2014Wonderful food! I love the selection they offer as well. There is something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the only real restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013This is the only real restaurant in Evansville. It has a dynamic menu, amazing specialty items you cannot find anywhere else, and menu gems like sushi pizza (trust me, it's amazing). It really is the best place in town by a mile. They also have an extensive beer list.Special Features:
- Our FavoriteaezrenDined on 11/22/2013Kanpai is our go to date night restaurant for my wife and I. Food is always excellent and service is great. The owner is often walking around to make sure everything is perfect. Great local business. Can't recommend it enoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!Paulasue77Dined on 11/8/2013We love Kanpai! Sushi is wonderful and the service is always exceptional. The restaurant is small so it can get kinda loud but never so much that you can't carry on a conversation. If you have neve been it is a must try if you like Asian food.Special Features:
- Sunday SushiMikeJulieDined on 9/22/2013We frequently find ourselves at Kanpai on Sunday afternoons. Not only are we fond of Kanpai's sushi, but the Sunday special of $1 longnecks is especially appealing. We also make it there on Thursday's because of work schedules. This particular week, Kanpai had posted a picture on Facebook we wanted to try. Our waitress explained that it was simply a picture of someone's order, and there wasn't necessarily a special. We started with our meal with the brussel sprouts, as always. They are a particular delight for us. We then ordered 4 rolls which we hadn't before. We keep a running list of what we've ordered, and are determined to eventually try them all. We then ordered two more to top our appetites off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SushiNoraboraDined on 9/14/2013Me and my friends love this restaurant! Such a great place! The space is small however so worth the wait. I recommend making a reservation if you don't want fo wait fo long or have a big party. In my option, best sushi in Evansville!Special Features:
- Good food for allkathyrs60Dined on 8/16/2013This was my second visit to Kanpai. Service was excellent. Crab Rangoons was amazing, egg rolls were a tasty appetizer. My daughter enjoyed her sushi. My husband had seared tuna. He ate it all!!! Will definitely be back for another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in EvansvillekittygirlDined on 7/29/2013Kanpai is rapidly becoming our favorite Asian restaurant in Evansville. The sushi is excellent, and other dishes, such as the lettuce wraps and spring rolls, are filled with fresh ingredients mixed in a flavorful combination. The restaurant had a wide variety of craft beers. The desserts are creative and worth the money. The only problem on our latest visit was the fact that the server forgot our salads, but remembered to put them on the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inexpensive, High QualityhappydinerDined on 7/7/2013Kanpai is a go-to for inexpensive but delicious meals. It's low-key atmosphere is great, especially with kids, and the service and food are top-notch. The drink specials and craft beer selection are also a draw.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!HeatherDined on 6/21/2013Went for a birthday dinner for my husband. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and fun?sushinutDined on 6/15/2013The sushi is phenomenal, but the waitresses...not so much. They put off a very disinterested vibe, and gossiped openly right next to our table. They rolled their eyes when talking about customers, etc. Probably will find another sushi joint in town with a better atmosphere. The food was EXCELLENT, but not worth the bad service. I felt uncomfortable the entire time.Special Features:
- Love Kanpai!irishcassDined on 6/14/2013I always thoroughly enjoy going to Kanpai for lunch and dinner. I like it because it stays open all day, and does not close from 2 to 4 like some other sushi restaurants in town. It's a small place with a hip atmosphere. The staff is very accommodating and always very nice. The food is wonderful!! Sushi AND the other menu items. My personal favorite is the cumin tuna with avocado salsa. Even my boyfriend, who is a meat and potatoes man, liked it! I do recommend Kanpai to those wanting a quick bite for lunch, a girls night out, a nice dinner for two, or even a party of 10! Give it a try, you won't be sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as alwaysSarahsaysyumDined on 6/4/2013I LOVE Kanpai and opentable only makes it better!! Never bad service, always great food! And $2 beers on a Saturday, unheard of!!Special Features:
- Great food and service. SpaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013Great food and service. Space is limited, and noise level was loud. Everything else was good.Special Features: