617 N. Wells ST
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
LebanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kanzamanchicago.com/
- Phone: 3127519600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00PM - 4:00PM, Sunday: 3:00PM - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00PM - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Middle Eastern, Lebanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Entertainment, Takeout
- Catering: We would love to cater your next event!
- Entertainment: Come enjoy belly Dancers every Friday and Saturday nights @ 9pm!
A word from Kan Zaman
A Chicago Lebanese Restaurant where fringe-beaded lamps, a long shelf of Middle Eastern knicknacks and dolls make for an exotic, upscale-casual vibe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kan Zaman reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (6)romantic (4)great for lunch (3)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Best Middle Eastern foodkate5130Dined on 8/2/2014Last night was my 2nd time at Kan Zaman and the food was better the second time around. The prices are very reasonable and the cork fees are low. There were several large parties going on that raised the noise level and at times I needed to raise my voice to talk to my friend across the table. The excellent food and very friendly staff made up for it. The belly dancing was great fun and was very entertaining. Kan Zaman will always be my recommendation for middle eastern food.Special Features:
- Great food, BYOB, and belly dancersJillybeanDined on 7/26/2014Excellent food, fun entertainment, BYOB, and very reasonable prices. Call to find out the time of the belly dancers. I would definitely return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lebanese river northGuillermo1215VIPDined on 7/25/2014Solid experience. Friendly staff- crowded with good energy- byob is great for pocketbook - the vegetable appetizer medley is very good- kabobs solid- big portions couple can probably share- good middle eastern outpost and a nice change of paceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodvipdinerVIPDined on 7/19/2014The food here is amazing! I really liked the chicken dishes and rice. I would come here again and highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Best middle eastern food in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Everything on the menu is great. Beef shish is a must-try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/10/2014Really good middle eastern food. Nice location downtown. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceArmenianGregg2Dined on 6/7/2014Just had my third visit to this restaurant. Every time it has been great! The food is wonderful. They understand the delicacy of blending and seasoning and always hit the mark. True to their greatness is the consistency of the food. You won't have a good outing and then a not - so - good outing. The staff is very friendly, very hospitable. The food was like what my grandma used to make. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 56 reviews are from the Kan Zaman reviews archive.
- Great food and great service.DavidRS4VIPDined on 4/16/2014Great food and great service. During the week it is very quiet and on the weekends it has great energy!Special Features:
- A good place for big groupsstasiaVIPDined on 4/12/2014I think this place is really fun if you have a big group of friends or family. I don't think it's very fun when you just want to do date night or small girls night. My friend and I went on a Saturday night-- thought it would be a good idea since it's BYOB and we like Middle Eastern food. My biggest issue is that they sat us at a dirty table in the hot, dark corner by the bathrooms.. so I asked for a clean table that was not tucked away. And the lady just put us at the next table over and said we couldn't sit in the main area (even though it was empty at 7pm..). It wasn't ideal, but we weren't going to make a scene. I've been here before with a big group and it was a blast, but we just had mixed-feelings about our recent trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great for large groupsfoodie727Dined on 4/4/2014Reserved a dinner party for 15 here, and Kan Zaman worked well with us! Service was great, food was good, I recommend this place for large groups.Special Features:
- food is greatDewiVIPDined on 4/2/2014appetizers are amazing... entrees are really delicious too... but i can eat their appetizers forever...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare to find BYOB in rivermlabellaDined on 4/1/2014Rare to find BYOB in river north.... The experience was unique however the main entre (chicken shwarma) was just average. The appetizer and dessert was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!AshandmVIPDined on 3/7/2014We really enjoyed our meal here. It seems we were the only ones that did not know this place was BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hookah was fun but they didOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/22/2014Hookah was fun but they did not tell us there is an extra charge if you have more than one flavorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and great staffjeremyhDined on 2/14/2014I went to Kan Zaman with my girlfriend for valentine's day for her first Lebanese restaurant experience and we weren't disappointed. They gave us a nice booth with pillows. The staff had everything ready for us including a bucket of ice for the wine I brought (BYOB is a great plus!) and we didn't have to wait long for our food. I would definitely recommend Kan Zaman.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/19/2014The food and service are always wonderful! Great food and a friendly staff. Very affordable and BYO.Special Features:
- Nice surprise!MelvinVIPDined on 1/4/2014Didn't know exactly what to expect and had a great experience. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful and genuinely pleased to have us there. Note: byob.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/3/2014BYOB. Now serving vapor hookah. Food is some of the best middle eastern/ Lebanese food I've ever had. Highly recommend the beef shish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forced to order entreesTizzyLoLoDined on 12/14/2013I have dined at Kan Zaman two prior times for my birthday. The food is easy to share, BYOB, weekend Belly Dancer. This last time I went there was a group of 5 of us. We ordered a lot of appetizers, probably the equivalent of two each. By 7:45 we were full from all the apps. and didn't want to hang around for another 1.25 hours waiting for the Belly Dancer. When we requested the bill, we were told we HAD TO order entrees. No where on the menu, on the website, on open table did I see anything about being REQUIRED to order entrees on a "show night". Our server tried to get the manager to waive this requirement but he refused. I found this very unethical and poor business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a unique experienceJS211Dined on 12/1/2013My wife and I have been to this place close to ten times. The food is great and the vibe is different from the standard. The price of the food is very reasonable. Also its BYOB (binny's is around the corner), which also keeps the price down.Special Features:
- Excellent food, atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2013I enjoyed most aspects of this place save for the service - when we first got in (I was with my partner) our host waved us to a table near the window (it was mostly empty when we arrived at 6:30 on a Thursday evening), but my partner spotted some lovely tables where you could sit on cushions round a table in the booth, so on our request they switched us there. I wondered if they were just doing this to us until I saw him do the same to another couple/group who came in later, who also spotted our style of tables. Perhaps they're harder to clean...? We ordered two appetizers and a main to split, which was good as the main dish (moussaka) was huge. Everything was delicious, maybe due to a large amount of added oil. Lovely dim lights & space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good hummusOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/7/2013The hummus was great and also the chicken veggie soup! Huge bowl and super tasty! The salads we had were not so flavorful. Maybe it was an off day, bc I have had this food before and it was better before.Special Features:
- Fun for a Fri/Sat with theTigluvVIPDined on 4/6/2013Fun for a Fri/Sat with the belly dancing show. Just be prepared to wait as service gets really slow when they are busy.
- Best middle eastern aroundMichaelScottVIPDined on 4/6/2013Excellent food, delightful service. Playfully cheesy decor.Special Features:
- Authentic Lebanese CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/3/2013Lebanese food prepared with authentic recipes and ingredients. A simple casual rewarding meal.Special Features:
- Great under the radar spot,DerekVIPDined on 2/8/2013Great under the radar spot, get the hummas and skirt steak - very tender and juicy!
- Awful.StefanieDined on 2/5/2013Rudest waiter I have EVER had at a restaurant. Not good food. Just a horrible experience.
- Good fun, good service, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2013Good fun, good service, great atmosphere (choice of a table with chairs or sitting on pillows). Belly dancers on the weekends are an added bonus. There are very few BYOBs in this neighborhood which makes this an even better "Find". There is a corkage fee ($3.00 per person) but we didn't mind as we had a great time overall.Special Features:
- Tastey, very casual, byob.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/16/2013Tastey, very casual, byob. The food could be a little more flavorful.Special Features:
- Went for a friends birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/5/2013Went for a friends birthday and it was the perfect spot to celebrate. Very fun and good food.Special Features:
- Delicious and Authentic Lebanese FoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/15/2012Excellent, authentic Lebanese/Syrian food. Service was very attentive and they were also very accommodating for our toddler who joined us for dinner. The kibbee is fantastic and so is the kafta!Special Features:
- good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/18/2012Food was good but not great. I had the Vegetarian Moussaka and lentil soup. Service was unfriendly- like the waitress did not really give a hoot and she had very little patience for answering our questions about the menu. The food was delivered on time though. I did like the booth we sat in, you sit cross legged, and I liked the atmosphere. I might give it another chance to see if we get a friendlier waiter and I would try a different menu item.
- There were only a few otherOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/3/2012There were only a few other tables full, so it was a bit quiet. The food was amazing and everyone loves a BYOB. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Super hot inside restaurant...notOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2012Super hot inside restaurant...not comfortable. Food was nothing to write home about. Mixed reviews on the Schwarma. Shrimp Kabob was not good. Hummus and Baba lacked WOW and pita was bland. House salad tasted off -- and just consisted of lettuce - so go figure.Special Features:
- Kan Zaman only good for belly dancecheFoodie4lifeDined on 7/21/2012The service was horrible! The server was a bit aggressive and rude. She had to yell at us to order because of the high noise level. She forgot my one friend's order after she made her order an entree because every person was "required" to order a dinner entree. It turns out that my friend's entree was sitting in the microwave. Our server then argued with my other friend, who is vegetarian, ordered vegetarian and took a bite out of her food to discover there was meat in it. Lastly, she got our check all mixed up and our friends and myself got over charged, but we gave up on arguing with her. We were forced to give her 18% tip because we had a large party but in our opinion she did not deserve it. Other wait staff was friendly!Special Features:
- They have live bellydancingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/14/2012They have live bellydancing performance on weekend evenings and the traditional seating option is great. It is also BYOB.Special Features:
- This place is amazing. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2012This place is amazing. The value is great with it being BYOB and only a $3 corkage fee. The food was very good, and the wait staff was very attentive. We did not feel rushed although we stayed in the restaurant for almost 3 hours finishing our wine and waiting for the belly dancer (they have a belly dancer on weekends).Special Features:
- Terrific Leb food. I loveTrixieVIPDined on 6/16/2012Terrific Leb food. I love the BYOB option. We will return.Special Features:
- Food was excellent, from appsBaronFamilyDined on 5/24/2012Food was excellent, from apps to meal through desert. The lamb and beef kabobs were the best we had in the city. Beef was tenderlion; well seasoned and like butter.Special Features:
- The food was pretty good butOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/6/2012The food was pretty good but the menu a bit limited. Although it is BYOB (with a $3pp corkage charge), we felt we did not get a very good value for the prices. Two kabobs served with rice for $14-$17 was a bit over priced in my option. It would probably be a great place for lunch.