Kamuela Provision Co.
69-425 Waikoloa Beach Dr.
Waikoloa, HI 96738Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Kamuela Provision Co.
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com/dining/kamuela_provision_company.cfm
- Phone: 8088861234
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:30pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Charles Charbonneau, CIA
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
A word from Kamuela Provision Co.
KPC"s menu is a tour of the Big Island's local farmers, ranchers, and fisherman. Specializing in freshly caught fish and USDA Prime steaks served at your front row table to one of the world's most beautiful sunsets. From Hamakua Mushrooms to Kekela Greens, from Kona Gold Lobsters to Uncle Lloyd's pork, from Waimea Strawberries to Kona Coffee; we bring the Island's farms to your table in new and imaginative ways. With over 170 selections in our wine cellarContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Kamuela Provision Co. - Best Restaurants in Waikoloa ›
Kamuela Provision Co. reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (108)romantic (99)great for outdoor dining (95)special occasion (86)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (15)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (7)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (5)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Amazing View!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014Worth the extra $25 for a seat on the lanai. The view is absolutely spectacular!Special Features:
- First time at KPCjenmilDined on 8/29/2014Beautiful lanai right in the water. Excellent fish dishes. Very friendly & knowledgeable staff. Great dessert. Enjoyed it very much with husband and college age step son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service with food & beverageAkshatDined on 8/22/2014Me and my wife went for our last nights stay dinner at KPC - and were amazed with the service at the restaurant - very attentive, friendly staff who were knowledgable about the food and beverage and also recommended items well. Food quality was good overall and portion size was good for us. We thought to order 3 courses but actually 2 were more than good for us. Beverages selection was good and we tried some cocktails which were very satisfying and good look and feel. It was a dinner so the wind was high, but the outdoor seating is recommended. In case expecting heavy winds then better inside. We sat outside and were very happy with over all ambiance. Would definitely recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointingLiza07Dined on 8/20/2014This restaurant is too expensive for the quality of the menu. On top of that, the service is just bad.Special Features:
- JTD3Dined on 8/19/2014Nothing to complain about about except it is a little pricey even for Hawaii.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KPCOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent food with a spectacular view. Recommend outside dinning at sunset. The award winning dessert is worth the try. Great spot for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I want MORE!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The food was excellent!! We had the Mauka to Makai I was 100% satisfied. Everyone in my party was satisfied with the food!! The Caesar salad was like no other, the steak was soft and juicy, the lobster was sweet, and desert was perfect. We had a 9 PM reservation, so the place was pretty empty while we dined. I'm in love and can't wait to come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014I planned this dinner with family for my birthday which was the day we attended. It rained earlier that evening but stopped by our reservation time. I selected this resturant for the view. It was very disappointing that the resturant made no accomodations to clear tables and reopen the patio sesting. I also make it known it was my birthday which was not acknowldged in any way during my dinner. Even the most basic of resturants acknowledge birthday celebrations.Special Features:
- Great settingsHiloDined on 8/13/2014The food and service was great. I would highly reccomend this restaurant to anyone looking for great food with a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KPCEJHREVIEWDined on 8/11/2014Restaurant was very accommodating -- had large group -- 12 including 3 children under 8. Have eaten there 4 to 5 times over the past couple of years and each experience has been favorable.Special Features:
- KarenVIPDined on 8/10/2014Wonderful dining experience! The ambiance of the restaurant was beautiful! The food was outstanding!Special Features:
- Could be Great...FoodieChapVIPDined on 8/8/2014Menu selection was terrific, service could have been a bit better. Tons of bus people standing around rather than tending to tables. Our server seemed overwhelmed with all the tables she had to handle especially as it got busier. Wasn't highly engaged either. Of course that has to be offset by the awesome view even with the threat of raindrops. Of the 3 establishments like this, I think Ray's down in Keahou is the better pick for overall service, scene, and price.Special Features:
- Nice but ExpensiveTheEDined on 8/6/2014We enjoyed the meal and the view on the outdoor patio was spectaular at sunset. The food was "fine" - not exeplary and not bland either. It was expensive at well over $200 for family of 4 (2 childs meal) and we did not order a bottle of wine. (On the Check: The adults ordered an appetizer and salads in addition to the entrees and then we all shared 2 deserts.) Keep in mind that this is Hawaii and not New York so things are usually expensive. Service was good - perfectly adequate.Special Features:
- Luv2dineLuv2dineDined on 7/26/2014We always take our guests here for a lovely sunset view farewell dinner. It's expensive but worth it. The food and service have been consistently great which is unusual in a resort setting. I love that they don't rush you and the staff is more than willing to accommodate picture-taking since it's such a wonderful ocean-view location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ocean Front DiningPinotPaulVIPDined on 7/23/2014Wonderful meal at the waters edge. Note they only seat couples on the walkway by the water, four-tops are one row or more back. Regardless, it's a killer unobstructed view. Food is very good, albeit expensive at over $40 for a fish entree; however, on par with other resort restaurants. Only downside was our dishes arrived warm, not hot. Obviously they need to tighten up kitchen-to-server communication. No excuse in a restaurant that charges this much for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat customerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/21/2014Spectacular views, even when you don't think the sun will pull through with an awesome sunset, it finds a way!! Excellent food choices and great service. Outdoor seating is wonderful!!Special Features:
- Happy Birthday!rozzyDined on 7/21/2014KPC went out of their way to make my daughter's 11th birthday extra special by baking her a cake. Our waiter did an excellent jobs! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ocean Sunset ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Great Food, Great Service and they provided ample time to slowly enjoy our meal and the view. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealFoodGalDined on 7/19/2014We went here on our first night in Kona. The view is amazing and we found the food to be delicious. Our server was good but seemed distracted during service. When I made the reservation, I noted that we were celebrating a birthday but this was not acknowledged. Other than that, this was a very nice meal.Special Features:
- honeymooners last nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014KPC was our last meal while staying at the resort; they gave us an awesome table right on the edge of the balcony with a beautiful view of the ocean. Our waitress welcomed us right away and we got some oysters; the oysters were good, not the best but still worth a try. This is when we had some small issues- it took our waitress about 20 min to come back to take our food order, and about another 15 min to get us our wine. We tried searching for her or really anyone to give us some attention but to no avail. Our waitress finally came ober, and once we got the orders in our meals came out quickly and the rest of the night was lovely. Other than that lil hiccup- it really was an awesome night with some amazing food.Special Features:
- Beautiful view!Irish2014Dined on 7/17/2014Outstanding restaurant. Fabulous outdoor seating for sunset. Great food & service. Most memorable dining in Hawaii. Most indoor seating looks as if they provide good views as well.Special Features:
- The view is great but...SgerbVIPDined on 7/15/2014The restaurant is at prime location. The view is spectacular and very romantic. However, food is just meh. Not impressed by it at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great site and staffSeashoreDined on 7/14/2014Wine list great but pricey at 2x Evan 5 star restrauntsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect first night in HawaiiwelshcakeDined on 7/13/2014Stumbled on KPC by chance, walking around Hilton comlex by the sea. Looked very inviting, so made reservations for sunset. Myself, wife, 13 year old son. Quite expensive, worth every penny. Son had lobster and filet, I had mongchong (sp?),and wife had opa. Seasoned and cooked perfectly. Table outside amazing view. Friendly, attentive service, although took a bit long to get check when finished. We couldn't ask for better meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Set UpmamasanDined on 7/13/2014Having a dinner at the terrace offers beautiful romantic setting. It was very relaxing. But the food was rather disappointing. It was totally overpriced for the food they serve. I was expecting a lot better quality. Salad, for example, was just an ordinary salad with ordinary dressing, nothing special. I was hoping to be surprised, but that did not happen. Not that the food was bad, but for that price, I would expect more interesting and exciting yet delicate flavor. Overall, view was fantastic but the food was okay.Special Features:
- Went for our anniversary, lovely iDelmerfoodiesDined on 7/12/2014Had champagne and oysters for apps. They split a tomato salad. And shared grilled kappa hi (a local fish) with lobster risotto. Asparagus.washed down with Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay. No room for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful sunset dinnerlauriepDined on 7/11/2014The view from our table provided an absolutely gorgeous view of the sunset. Our meals were wonderful. I had the special, Ono with crab, mashed potatoes, and steamed vegetables. It was a delightful dinner with a beautiful presentation. My husband had the ribeye steak and he was disappointed in the quality of the steak for the price he paid for it. For the most part we had a wonderful dining experience and definitely recommend this experience.Special Features:
- DingeDined on 7/11/2014Celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary watching the sunset, eating a great meal with a fine bottle of wine. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made our celebration excellent!fmlyjwlsDined on 7/11/2014Excellent service, food and view - they provided a beautiful venue and remarkable experience for our parent's 50th wedding anniversary celebration dinner. Would go back again!Special Features:
- relaxing elegancetucsonDined on 7/11/2014Fabulous view of the ocean, great food and wonderful service. We had a meal here last year too and looked forward to our next visit. We were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KPC at Waikoloa HiltonLuv2dineDined on 7/9/2014We have many friends who visit us while we are here and we take them here for a special sunset dinner. The view is fantastic and the food and service have always been great. It's expensive but we've always had a great experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a view2HappyLocalsDined on 7/9/2014We absolutely enjoyed our dinner. Had a large group. The service was excellent and the food was amazing. A perfect view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/8/2014Nice view. Good food. Overpriced for what is provided Eat at Roys or Sam choysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewKsquaredDined on 7/6/2014We had a wonderful dinner of fresh monchong (a fabulous fresh fish) accompanied by a wonderful glass of Cabernet. The service was exceptional and the Mauna Kea dessert just put it over the top. Great food and service. We also got to view a phenomenal sunset!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seekayDined on 7/5/2014This place was lovely but not worth the cost in my opinion. Check the menu and prices before booking a table here.Special Features:
- Dessert!TrainerTVIPDined on 7/4/2014We couldn't afford much, as it is a very pricy menu...so we made a reservation for 9:30pm and had dessert there. It was impressive! I was very pleasantly surprised at the artwork on my plate. I had the award-winning Chocolate Crunch Torte. I will say, it was the first time I've spent $16 on an individual dessert! It was so beautiful, with a large chocolate butterfly on top. And it was delicious! My husband had the Coconut Creme Brulee, for $13. Once again...too expensive, but great presentation and delicious! The ocean-front table was wonderful and provided for a very romantic dessert before our walk on the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgettable Sunset DiningpeterDined on 7/4/2014Ocean sunset scenic was very very beautiful and dinner was so delicious. Staff service level was also satisfactory!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerkonacoupleDined on 7/3/2014Great food, outstanding service by a long time waiter, and what a sunset. A very special 30th wedding anniversary. The steak was one of the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real TreatballardgirlDined on 7/3/2014My guests and I were thrilled with the service, food, ambience and setting. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best experience of our vacation!CBardVIPDined on 7/1/2014View, service, and food were all perfect! We able to see te ocean for sunset, our waiter's was friendly and had very good timing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.