Kamuela Provision Co.
69-425 Waikoloa Beach Dr.
Waikoloa, HI 96738Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Kamuela Provision Co.
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com/dining/kamuela_provision_company.cfm
- Phone: (808) 886-1234
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:30pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Charles Charbonneau, CIA
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
A word from Kamuela Provision Co.
KPC"s menu is a tour of the Big Island's local farmers, ranchers, and fisherman. Specializing in freshly caught fish and USDA Prime steaks served at your front row table to one of the world's most beautiful sunsets. From Hamakua Mushrooms to Kekela Greens, from Kona Gold Lobsters to Uncle Lloyd's pork, from Waimea Strawberries to Kona Coffee; we bring the Island's farms to your table in new and imaginative ways. With over 170 selections in our wine cellarContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Kamuela Provision Co. - Best Restaurants in Waikoloa ›
Kamuela Provision Co. reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (80)great for outdoor dining (78)romantic (73)special occasion (68)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (15)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (6)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- GF/DF can relax and simply enjoy!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2014We are both gluten and dairy free. The staff was extremely well-educated on allergies and willing to adapt almost anything on the menu. Our meals were gourmet-quality and absolutely delicious! How much fun to be able to eat and NOT WORRY! Why we even enjoyed a delicious GF bread with garbanzo bean dip before our meal. Dining is seaside, complete with palm trees, tropical-style gas lighting, and a stunning sunset. Get there early on a weeknight for lanai seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousLizzDined on 11/17/2014This is now one of my favorite places on the island to eat. And the view was absolutely gorgeousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2014What a special evening! This is my 5th or 6th time and every time they hit it out of the park!-45Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JerseyDined on 11/10/2014Overpriced for quality of the meal The mild fish dish was overpowered by the ginger sauce. Short ribs were ok. But Mac and cheese was fair At the prices that were charged, should have had a salad
- Great view bad foodLovetoeatDined on 11/9/2014Great view but food quality is not what it should be for the prices. Food was room temperature and came out so quickly as to suggest it was pre-prepared. Great for wine and the view but not if you like good food.Special Features:
- KPC - Amazing view, okay foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014At KPC you can guarantee an epic view while you eat your meal...that is if you pay $25/person to reserve one out on their Lanai, which honestly may be worth it. I decided I'd gamble on the game of life and roll the dice and just request a lanai table and see what I ended up with. Not like many trips to the casino I've taken in the past I won this gamble and my wife and I were able to get a table so close to the crashing surf below the little cliff that I though I may need floaties to sit there! The view and ambiance of the restaurant would be hard to beat although the food was just okay. Nothing out of this world by any means but definitely not terrible.Special Features:
- Outstanding dining experience.BdubDined on 11/5/2014My wife and I dined at KPC during our stay at Hilton Waikaloa Resort. This was one our best dining experiences ever. We had the beef tenderloin and the New York strip steaks. Perfectly prepared, nearly fork tender, and delicious. Could be the best I've had. We opted for the upgrade to "guaranteed lanai seating" which got us the cliff side view, sparkling wine and appetizer. I highly recommend the upgrade. Restaurant is on the point between two bays. Make your reservation to coincide with sunset. Spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EveningFoodDocDined on 11/2/2014This was our 2nd time at KPC- the first time, 3 years ago, was full of noisy children misbehaving and it really colored our experience. This time we went a little later so we missed the sunset but the railside seating was still lovely with the waves lapping at the shore. Our server was knowledgeable and fun and the food was excellent. You pay for it but it is worth it. Wine list is a tad pricey with minimal options for more affordable choices but we knew it ahead of time so we weren't surprised. Our fish dishes were the best we've enjoyed yet with my husband's mongchong probably coming out on top. A romantic supper at a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long walk to restaurantNitinDined on 10/31/2014It is a long walk to the restaurant from the entrance of the hotel (Hilton). There is supposed to be a tram and/or boat to take you to the restaurant but they were not operating when we were there. Food was good. The torte that we ordered came to the table frozen solid like a rock. Not exactly what one would expect from a restaurant that wants to claim a certain caliber.Special Features:
- Fair food fantastic drinksDwrayDined on 10/30/2014I would recommend this restaurant for those who want to eat at the Hilton resort.
- Rockey2bDined on 10/25/2014Always great .good food ,great setting the sunset isn't bad eitherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Romantic DinnertastebudaddictDined on 10/22/2014We topped off our 25th wedding anniversary trip to Hawaii with dinner at KPC. The sunset could not have been more perfect and we caught the full effect with Lanai seating. The food was outstanding. My wife let me taste her ginger steamed Monchong and I was stunned by the flavor. Creme Brulee in a coconut shell was unique. A really romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Perfect meal in paradiseSharoncVIPDined on 10/19/2014Ate here twice while in the big Island. Both equally good. The lamb chops were cooked and flavored to perfection and the Opah special equally delectable. Friendly accommodating service. Pricey, but worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- u can buy better but u cant pay morRandBDined on 10/18/2014The food at KPC was fine. But for your money you can do a lot better in the area. I would go to Brown's Beach House or Merriman's in Waimea despite the 30 minute drive in a nano second before returning to KPC. My issue was price, price, price. Every thing was over priced. We were given a lousy table. ( It was raining so it forced inside dining and all the window tables ( except 2) were taken. IF I am going to spent $300+ for dinner, there are better places to spend it in the area.
- Romantic dinnerLovelyMayDined on 10/16/2014This is the first time to visit at Big-Island and visited Waikorona villedge. There are not so much resturants. We had great time there. We went to there for seeing Sunset! We satisfied with view!! We ordered Oysters, Mauka & Makai. They are very goods! This was my boyfriend's birthday. They provide Birthday desert plate as free..We'd like to order coffee for the desert. It has not come...It was pity.. we gave up to wait it..Special Features:
- my only disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014I paid $50 for a reservation on the ocean and when I called I was told I would recieve 2 cocktails and 2 appetizers. I was not told that it would be 2 glasses of champagne and an appetizer that they choose for us. It was misleading and very much disappointing. Just hope they rectify the situation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSagewiseLauraDined on 10/13/2014Service, Food and Atmosphere, all outstanding! It is good when we locals can bring out of area guests and how good we tell them it is, turns out to be true every time!Special Features:
- DisappointingDallasJVIPDined on 10/13/2014As to be expected for hotel fine dining, most of what you are paying for is the view. Unfortunately we were seated for our sunset dinner in a back corner of the restaurant with slivers of an ocean view. We should have just ended our experience after being seated. My meal of short ribs was bland and my wife's mahi mahi the same. We are used to fine dining in LA, Vegas and Dallas where you have some amazing meals and great flavor. I was just looking for something tasty especially for the price and didn't get it here. Our waiter was friendly but that's about the only real positive in my opinion.
- ExcellentMauiJDined on 10/11/2014I had a wonderful evening . Great table overlooking the ocean. Could not beat that view! Service was excellent! Great food and wine! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- sunset and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014KPC has a magnificent setting with wondrous sunset views. Service was highly attentive. Menu is pretty equally fish and meat. The pork chop I had wad large and well handled. My wife's lamb chops done medium rare and larger than usual I thought. Pricey, but a wonderful romantic dinner spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset Time1AnnaMariaVisitorDined on 10/6/2014Hard to beat looking out over the ocean at sunset in Hawaii. Very good menu featuring some locally produced products. Very relaxing venue we have enjoyed on many return trips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KPC at HiltonLuv2dineDined on 10/3/2014Great place for a special occasion. Pricey but the food is consistently good and the service is always great. Beautiful setting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KPC - WaikoloaSarahLVIPDined on 10/2/2014Beautiful scenic view right on the ocean! Food, Ono and Monchong, excellent. Wine list still blah. I will go here for view and romantic time, but if they could make it a little more foodie and wine special it would be worth the $140 for 2.Special Features:
- KPC DeliversCaynerVIPDined on 9/29/2014The food could be marginal and the location makes it worth it - however, the food is very good with a wide variety of your favorite proteins!Special Features:
- SunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/29/2014Wonderful spot to watch the sunset. Food is good, not excellent, but very over-pricedSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Family gathering of 8, with 2 birthdays included. Great food and atmosphere, with attentive service. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply spendidOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014We celebrated my 60th birthday here. Make your reservation about 45" before sunset. We requested outside seating but did not reserve it with the additional $25. We each had a lovely grilled local fish filet on lobster risotto. We shared Kona mussels appetizer. We had a bottle of Ken Wright Pinot Noir. The sunset was so beautiful over the Pacific! The service was perfect. We come to this restaurant every time we stay at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club and have never been disappointed. There is always a special occasion to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location bad foodrotorBugDined on 9/25/2014Great service bad food. My steak tasted like it had gone bad I could only eat 2 bites. It had the texture of liver! The vanilla pudding for the lobster was so bad. Taste like dipping your lobster in vanilla pudding! Only my lobster soup was goodSpecial Features:
- Superbly romanticbeautiful4diningDined on 9/24/2014One of the greatest experiences ever! Superior dining! Beautiful ocean view with an exceptional sunset! Service was outstanding and very nice wines! We were looking for a romantic view and found one!!Special Features:
- Beautiful Dining ExperienceSolveitmanDined on 9/19/2014This is our first time to Hawaii and the Big Island. This restaurant was everything we hoped for in terms of food quality and view. We were fortunate to sit at a table for 2 on the edge of the veranda closest to the Ocean. We had a 5:30 reservation which was perfect for seeing the sunset. Our server was a true professional and extremely knowledgeable of the food. The food was amazing! KPC is the real deal, not just a tourist site, and has our highest recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok if you want ambience not foodFoodieinvernessDined on 9/16/2014The service was mostly very attentive and the view lovely, but the food was a huge disappointmentSpecial Features:
- Dinner with the SunsetLinRich74Dined on 9/15/2014Great culinary experience, the food was exceptional, service impeccable. I opted for guaranteed table setting, we were not disappointed, front row seat to the greatest show on earth, a Hawaiian sunset. Mahalo, AlohaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Experience!pnay8o8Dined on 9/14/2014From the moment my family and I walked through the doors, the customer service was superb! Everyone was nice and very efficient with their service. The food was ono and the view was breathtaking! We will definitely come back and recommend others to this terrific place of food, service, and view!Special Features:
- Good but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014KPC fish dishes were delicious and drinks were festive ($13 lava flow) but expensive (avg $60+ per person) . Special occasion & 1st time in Hawaiii for my Mom, so we felt confident food would be good-and it was. Rest of vacation all the other meals were compared on the price vs quality benchmark set by Kamuela Provision Co.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Other than the food, the sunset was spectacular! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view - average ffodnoknicknameDined on 9/4/2014We sat on the lanai for the view of the sunset which was fabulous. The appetizer was macadamia - crusted shrimp was was delicious. I ordered the NY Strip, my wife got the filet. Both steaks were cooked correctly (medium rare) but seemed a little charred in spots. Flavor was average. Dessert was great. All in all we were happy with our visit. At the end of the day go there for the view and set your expectations a little lower for the food and you'll be thrilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views, but that's about itBusterswtDined on 9/3/2014My new bride and I made reservations for this restaurant many months before our arrival. Upon arriving, we had to wait fifteen minutes for a table and sat at the bar. We were sat outside at dusk, and quickly found the lamps were not sufficient to light the near pitch black outdoor seating area once the sun disappeared. The breeze was nice, and the sound of the ocean was soothing. We waited ten minutes for a server to greet us. She took our order on the next visit fifteen minutes later. Their ribeye was priced at $59 dollars, and was seriously overpriced for the quality. Same goes for the Mahi Mahi. Poor service and high prices - I can get that anywhere. I expect better in Hawaii! Ruth's Chris prices that deliver Golden Corral quality.Special Features:
- Still the best sunset in HawaiiAirmanDanDined on 9/3/2014Dining on the patio at KPC is always an excellent choice for a romantic dinner on the Big Island of Hawaii. The service is first rate and the fish is fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing View!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014Worth the extra $25 for a seat on the lanai. The view is absolutely spectacular!Special Features:
- First time at KPCjenmilDined on 8/29/2014Beautiful lanai right in the water. Excellent fish dishes. Very friendly & knowledgeable staff. Great dessert. Enjoyed it very much with husband and college age step son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.