Kamuela Provision Co.
69-425 Waikoloa Beach Dr.
Waikoloa, HI 96738Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Kamuela Provision Co.
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com/dining/kamuela_provision_company.cfm
- Phone: 8088861234
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:30pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Charles Charbonneau, CIA
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
A word from Kamuela Provision Co.
KPC"s menu is a tour of the Big Island's local farmers, ranchers, and fisherman. Specializing in freshly caught fish and USDA Prime steaks served at your front row table to one of the world's most beautiful sunsets. From Hamakua Mushrooms to Kekela Greens, from Kona Gold Lobsters to Uncle Lloyd's pork, from Waimea Strawberries to Kona Coffee; we bring the Island's farms to your table in new and imaginative ways. With over 170 selections in our wine cellarContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Kamuela Provision Co. - Best Restaurants in Waikoloa ›
Kamuela Provision Co. reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (111)romantic (102)great for outdoor dining (99)special occasion (87)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (16)good for groups (13)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014Family gathering of 8, with 2 birthdays included. Great food and atmosphere, with attentive service. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply spendidOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014We celebrated my 60th birthday here. Make your reservation about 45" before sunset. We requested outside seating but did not reserve it with the additional $25. We each had a lovely grilled local fish filet on lobster risotto. We shared Kona mussels appetizer. We had a bottle of Ken Wright Pinot Noir. The sunset was so beautiful over the Pacific! The service was perfect. We come to this restaurant every time we stay at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club and have never been disappointed. There is always a special occasion to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location bad foodrotorBugDined on 9/25/2014Great service bad food. My steak tasted like it had gone bad I could only eat 2 bites. It had the texture of liver! The vanilla pudding for the lobster was so bad. Taste like dipping your lobster in vanilla pudding! Only my lobster soup was goodSpecial Features:
- Superbly romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014One of the greatest experiences ever! Superior dining! Beautiful ocean view with an exceptional sunset! Service was outstanding and very nice wines! We were looking for a romantic view and found one!!Special Features:
- Beautiful Dining ExperienceSolveitmanDined on 9/19/2014This is our first time to Hawaii and the Big Island. This restaurant was everything we hoped for in terms of food quality and view. We were fortunate to sit at a table for 2 on the edge of the veranda closest to the Ocean. We had a 5:30 reservation which was perfect for seeing the sunset. Our server was a true professional and extremely knowledgeable of the food. The food was amazing! KPC is the real deal, not just a tourist site, and has our highest recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok if you want ambience not foodFoodieinvernessDined on 9/16/2014The service was mostly very attentive and the view lovely, but the food was a huge disappointmentSpecial Features:
- Dinner with the SunsetLinRich74Dined on 9/15/2014Great culinary experience, the food was exceptional, service impeccable. I opted for guaranteed table setting, we were not disappointed, front row seat to the greatest show on earth, a Hawaiian sunset. Mahalo, AlohaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Experience!pnay8o8Dined on 9/14/2014From the moment my family and I walked through the doors, the customer service was superb! Everyone was nice and very efficient with their service. The food was ono and the view was breathtaking! We will definitely come back and recommend others to this terrific place of food, service, and view!Special Features:
- Good but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014KPC fish dishes were delicious and drinks were festive ($13 lava flow) but expensive (avg $60+ per person) . Special occasion & 1st time in Hawaiii for my Mom, so we felt confident food would be good-and it was. Rest of vacation all the other meals were compared on the price vs quality benchmark set by Kamuela Provision Co.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Other than the food, the sunset was spectacular! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view - average ffodnoknicknameDined on 9/4/2014We sat on the lanai for the view of the sunset which was fabulous. The appetizer was macadamia - crusted shrimp was was delicious. I ordered the NY Strip, my wife got the filet. Both steaks were cooked correctly (medium rare) but seemed a little charred in spots. Flavor was average. Dessert was great. All in all we were happy with our visit. At the end of the day go there for the view and set your expectations a little lower for the food and you'll be thrilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views, but that's about itBusterswtDined on 9/3/2014My new bride and I made reservations for this restaurant many months before our arrival. Upon arriving, we had to wait fifteen minutes for a table and sat at the bar. We were sat outside at dusk, and quickly found the lamps were not sufficient to light the near pitch black outdoor seating area once the sun disappeared. The breeze was nice, and the sound of the ocean was soothing. We waited ten minutes for a server to greet us. She took our order on the next visit fifteen minutes later. Their ribeye was priced at $59 dollars, and was seriously overpriced for the quality. Same goes for the Mahi Mahi. Poor service and high prices - I can get that anywhere. I expect better in Hawaii! Ruth's Chris prices that deliver Golden Corral quality.Special Features:
- Still the best sunset in HawaiiAirmanDanDined on 9/3/2014Dining on the patio at KPC is always an excellent choice for a romantic dinner on the Big Island of Hawaii. The service is first rate and the fish is fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing View!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014Worth the extra $25 for a seat on the lanai. The view is absolutely spectacular!Special Features:
- First time at KPCjenmilDined on 8/29/2014Beautiful lanai right in the water. Excellent fish dishes. Very friendly & knowledgeable staff. Great dessert. Enjoyed it very much with husband and college age step son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service with food & beverageAkshatDined on 8/22/2014Me and my wife went for our last nights stay dinner at KPC - and were amazed with the service at the restaurant - very attentive, friendly staff who were knowledgable about the food and beverage and also recommended items well. Food quality was good overall and portion size was good for us. We thought to order 3 courses but actually 2 were more than good for us. Beverages selection was good and we tried some cocktails which were very satisfying and good look and feel. It was a dinner so the wind was high, but the outdoor seating is recommended. In case expecting heavy winds then better inside. We sat outside and were very happy with over all ambiance. Would definitely recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointingLiza07Dined on 8/20/2014This restaurant is too expensive for the quality of the menu. On top of that, the service is just bad.Special Features:
- JTD3Dined on 8/19/2014Nothing to complain about about except it is a little pricey even for Hawaii.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KPCOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent food with a spectacular view. Recommend outside dinning at sunset. The award winning dessert is worth the try. Great spot for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I want MORE!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The food was excellent!! We had the Mauka to Makai I was 100% satisfied. Everyone in my party was satisfied with the food!! The Caesar salad was like no other, the steak was soft and juicy, the lobster was sweet, and desert was perfect. We had a 9 PM reservation, so the place was pretty empty while we dined. I'm in love and can't wait to come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014I planned this dinner with family for my birthday which was the day we attended. It rained earlier that evening but stopped by our reservation time. I selected this resturant for the view. It was very disappointing that the resturant made no accomodations to clear tables and reopen the patio sesting. I also make it known it was my birthday which was not acknowldged in any way during my dinner. Even the most basic of resturants acknowledge birthday celebrations.Special Features:
- Great settingsHiloDined on 8/13/2014The food and service was great. I would highly reccomend this restaurant to anyone looking for great food with a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KPCEJHREVIEWDined on 8/11/2014Restaurant was very accommodating -- had large group -- 12 including 3 children under 8. Have eaten there 4 to 5 times over the past couple of years and each experience has been favorable.Special Features:
- KarenVIPDined on 8/10/2014Wonderful dining experience! The ambiance of the restaurant was beautiful! The food was outstanding!Special Features:
- Could be Great...FoodieChapVIPDined on 8/8/2014Menu selection was terrific, service could have been a bit better. Tons of bus people standing around rather than tending to tables. Our server seemed overwhelmed with all the tables she had to handle especially as it got busier. Wasn't highly engaged either. Of course that has to be offset by the awesome view even with the threat of raindrops. Of the 3 establishments like this, I think Ray's down in Keahou is the better pick for overall service, scene, and price.Special Features:
- Nice but ExpensiveTheEDined on 8/6/2014We enjoyed the meal and the view on the outdoor patio was spectaular at sunset. The food was "fine" - not exeplary and not bland either. It was expensive at well over $200 for family of 4 (2 childs meal) and we did not order a bottle of wine. (On the Check: The adults ordered an appetizer and salads in addition to the entrees and then we all shared 2 deserts.) Keep in mind that this is Hawaii and not New York so things are usually expensive. Service was good - perfectly adequate.Special Features:
- Luv2dineLuv2dineDined on 7/26/2014We always take our guests here for a lovely sunset view farewell dinner. It's expensive but worth it. The food and service have been consistently great which is unusual in a resort setting. I love that they don't rush you and the staff is more than willing to accommodate picture-taking since it's such a wonderful ocean-view location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ocean Front DiningPinotPaulVIPDined on 7/23/2014Wonderful meal at the waters edge. Note they only seat couples on the walkway by the water, four-tops are one row or more back. Regardless, it's a killer unobstructed view. Food is very good, albeit expensive at over $40 for a fish entree; however, on par with other resort restaurants. Only downside was our dishes arrived warm, not hot. Obviously they need to tighten up kitchen-to-server communication. No excuse in a restaurant that charges this much for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat customerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/21/2014Spectacular views, even when you don't think the sun will pull through with an awesome sunset, it finds a way!! Excellent food choices and great service. Outdoor seating is wonderful!!Special Features:
- Happy Birthday!rozzyDined on 7/21/2014KPC went out of their way to make my daughter's 11th birthday extra special by baking her a cake. Our waiter did an excellent jobs! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ocean Sunset ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Great Food, Great Service and they provided ample time to slowly enjoy our meal and the view. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealFoodGalDined on 7/19/2014We went here on our first night in Kona. The view is amazing and we found the food to be delicious. Our server was good but seemed distracted during service. When I made the reservation, I noted that we were celebrating a birthday but this was not acknowledged. Other than that, this was a very nice meal.Special Features:
- honeymooners last nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014KPC was our last meal while staying at the resort; they gave us an awesome table right on the edge of the balcony with a beautiful view of the ocean. Our waitress welcomed us right away and we got some oysters; the oysters were good, not the best but still worth a try. This is when we had some small issues- it took our waitress about 20 min to come back to take our food order, and about another 15 min to get us our wine. We tried searching for her or really anyone to give us some attention but to no avail. Our waitress finally came ober, and once we got the orders in our meals came out quickly and the rest of the night was lovely. Other than that lil hiccup- it really was an awesome night with some amazing food.Special Features:
- Beautiful view!Irish2014Dined on 7/17/2014Outstanding restaurant. Fabulous outdoor seating for sunset. Great food & service. Most memorable dining in Hawaii. Most indoor seating looks as if they provide good views as well.Special Features:
- The view is great but...SgerbVIPDined on 7/15/2014The restaurant is at prime location. The view is spectacular and very romantic. However, food is just meh. Not impressed by it at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great site and staffSeashoreDined on 7/14/2014Wine list great but pricey at 2x Evan 5 star restrauntsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect first night in HawaiiwelshcakeDined on 7/13/2014Stumbled on KPC by chance, walking around Hilton comlex by the sea. Looked very inviting, so made reservations for sunset. Myself, wife, 13 year old son. Quite expensive, worth every penny. Son had lobster and filet, I had mongchong (sp?),and wife had opa. Seasoned and cooked perfectly. Table outside amazing view. Friendly, attentive service, although took a bit long to get check when finished. We couldn't ask for better meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Set UpmamasanDined on 7/13/2014Having a dinner at the terrace offers beautiful romantic setting. It was very relaxing. But the food was rather disappointing. It was totally overpriced for the food they serve. I was expecting a lot better quality. Salad, for example, was just an ordinary salad with ordinary dressing, nothing special. I was hoping to be surprised, but that did not happen. Not that the food was bad, but for that price, I would expect more interesting and exciting yet delicate flavor. Overall, view was fantastic but the food was okay.Special Features:
- Went for our anniversary, lovely iDelmerfoodiesDined on 7/12/2014Had champagne and oysters for apps. They split a tomato salad. And shared grilled kappa hi (a local fish) with lobster risotto. Asparagus.washed down with Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay. No room for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful sunset dinnerlauriepDined on 7/11/2014The view from our table provided an absolutely gorgeous view of the sunset. Our meals were wonderful. I had the special, Ono with crab, mashed potatoes, and steamed vegetables. It was a delightful dinner with a beautiful presentation. My husband had the ribeye steak and he was disappointed in the quality of the steak for the price he paid for it. For the most part we had a wonderful dining experience and definitely recommend this experience.Special Features: