Kamehachi of Tokyo - Northbrook
1320 Shermer Road
Northbrook, IL 60062Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Kamehachi of Tokyo - Northbrook
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kamehachi.com/
- Phone: (847) 562-0064
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full menu & special requests for any occasion.
- Private Party Facilities: Kamehachi of Tokyo - Northbrook offers 3 semi-private rooms seating 16, 25 & 60 guests. Areas are not exclusive to other dining area sounds.
- Private Party Contact: Joann Danielo 8475620064x
- Entertainment: Contemporary background music at a conversation friendly volume.
A word from Kamehachi of Tokyo - Northbrook
Kamehachi of Tokyo - Northbrook is an award winning Japanese restaurant. They have been family owned & operated for over 40 years. Kamehachi offers full cocktail service & a friendly staff. The beautifully appointed restaurant is located across from Village Green Park.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Kamehachi of Tokyo - Northbrook - Best Restaurants in Northbrook ›
Kamehachi of Tokyo - Northbrook reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (10)special occasion (7)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (2)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- One of my favoiritesgramsVIPDined on 11/14/2014One of my favorite restaurants especially for lunch. the salad that has rice, fish and verious greens and comes with a ginger dressing is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacecolorsDined on 11/13/2014We had dinner here for the first time and were pleasantly surprised with the low noise level so we could converse while enjoying our tasty food. All four of our dinners were good and well prepared . The service was excellent and all of our questions were answered with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As great as its original location!MariaDined on 10/30/2014Great food, ambiance, and wonderful server! Nice dinner out with friends for a birthday celebration. Will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sushi in NorthbrookCarolDDined on 10/25/2014We went to Kamehachi on a Saturday night at 7:30pm and the restaurant was about 75% full. Not super busy but very comfortably busy and not too noisy. The wait staff was very attentive and the food was great. The fish was very fresh and the sushi rice was perfect. We liked the more simple maki rolls rather than the (overpriced) special rolls, but didn't venture off the sushi list. While we decided this is not our favorite sushi restaurant in the area, we would definitely come back again! It would be a great place for a small gathering or for a date night out. Check it out if you're in the Northbrook area!Special Features:
- Yummy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/15/2014The food was excellent. I will definitely be back to try another delicious dish. The service was amazing.Special Features:
- New items on menufriendVIPDined on 10/10/2014Reliably excellent. This time we tried 2 of the 4 new items. When you are a regular, you know when something is new. We loved them both and would order them, again.Special Features:
- MakakiloVIPDined on 9/30/2014Wonderful food as you would expect from Kamehachi and our server Zaya was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is not that goodBp562hsDined on 9/19/2014Although the place looked very busy on Friday night, we did not find the food tasty. Service and ambiance are very good, but it doesn't change the taste.
- We love it!friendVIPDined on 8/29/2014We always celebrate our son's visits with a trip to Kamehachi. He loves it, as do we all.Special Features:
- Wonderful!friendVIPDined on 8/21/2014We always find the food and service wonderful. But now we are into the "Wonderful" Rolls, too! Delicious!Special Features:
- Chalet133VIPDined on 8/21/2014One of out favorite neighborhood restaurants. Took our three teenaged children this time and everyone enjoyed sushi. Price wise very reasonable compared to other nearby restaurants of similar quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time for LunchRtinocVIPDined on 8/12/2014Kamehachi is our favorite Sushi Restaurant in the suburbs. We had the rare occasion to go for lunch on a Tuesday. Lunch menu is very reasonably priced and the quality is the same. great Steak Teriyaki!!!! Service is always excellent.Special Features:
- Consistently goodMRCIFRNDined on 8/2/2014We've been coming to Kamehachi for years and we always have delicious, fresh sushi. The staff are pros and the service never fails. That's all you need!Special Features:
- Neighborhood Japanese placecityplaceVIPDined on 7/30/2014Food is good but better in the city location. My granddaughter likes it so that's when we go. Sea bass is good. I hear that the sushi is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 192 reviews are from the Kamehachi of Tokyo - Northbrook reviews archive.
- decent choicesimonDined on 7/19/2014We ordered noodles and California rolls. The food was of decent quality, although nothing special. The decor and the environment were nice, and the price was fair. A good place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- A very positive dining experienceYummyDined on 7/19/2014Excellent food and delightful service. Our favorite Japanese restaurant in the Chicago area.Special Features:
- HappydinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014Food was just ok for the price. We've had better food for less expense.
- Great menufriendVIPDined on 7/11/2014We are regulars since we like the sushi here so much and the service is always great. But this time I tried a few new items and loved them. Great variety and everything is good, and beautifully presented.Special Features:
- ReliableGold1Dined on 6/28/2014I know that I can always count on fresh sushi and well prepared food at Kamahachi.Special Features:
- Consistently goodfriendVIPDined on 6/27/2014We always love it at Kamehachi. Great service. Great food.Special Features:
- NbkresidentDined on 6/23/2014Service was slow, which is not our usual experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiBkl33Dined on 6/21/2014Been here many times and I have never had a bad meal. Great sushi for me great steak for my husband and great appetizers for my kids!Special Features:
- foodieover40VIPDined on 6/21/2014We were disappointed in the food. We ordered 4 sushi rolls, most which were designated as "spicy" and they were all bland and lacked flavor. The Ramen soup was a generous serving (served 3 people easily) and was ok. There are better sushi places in the area and I would not go back to Kamehachi.Special Features:
- Our favfriendVIPDined on 6/20/2014I met one my former colleagues for lunch. We always love Kamehachi. It is consistently great!Special Features:
- Love it!friendVIPDined on 6/17/2014We always love it and we have come with many friends of various personalities over the years, who all love it, too.Special Features:
- OK sushi choice for NorthbrookmanoDined on 6/14/2014If you are looking for sushi in the suburbs, Kamehachi is a fair choice. They have an ok selection, but didn't have some of the items I usually like to have (no uni on the Saturday night I was there). The nigiri rice quality was not very good, and it fell apart too easily if you would ask me. I would say that there are better choices for sushi even in the suburbs. If there was a bright spot I thought that the service was good and there are many other menu choices for those who want something different.
- PurpleDined on 6/7/2014It's all about the food and the service. Wonderful fresh fish beautifully presented by a friendly server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!friendVIPDined on 5/30/2014We always love it here! Food, service, people -- always great!Special Features:
- always consistently goodfriendVIPDined on 5/23/2014always consistently good and we love to go there often. Friends have always loved it, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nicemarlainDined on 5/11/2014New to Japanese food, but enjoyed this very much. Large menu, delicious fish, very fresh food.Special Features:
- Always great!friendVIPDined on 4/22/2014It is always great! And was great once, again. We get great service, lots of fun, and excellent sushi!Special Features:
- Dependable sushiHighStyleonaBudgetDined on 4/12/2014Sushi was just fine, not a lot of choices but fresh.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food ruined by poor serviceFredoDined on 3/22/2014The food at this restaurant was excellent. Unfortunately the service was very slow. Some of the appetizers arrived promptly. However,we had to wait at least 30 minutes for the main course. The worst part was that the sushi appetizers arrived just after the main course. While the decor was quite nice the room was very noisy.
- Short Notice Grub HubJazzysandyVIPDined on 3/14/2014Found this spot on groupon. It was great for a short notice spot. Tables are kinda close together, so close that you can reach out and eat of the next person's plate. Forget about table conversation, the whole place could hear your conversation. But the food was sushi was good. they even had soy paper for those of you who don't like seaweed.Special Features:
- Sushi and moreBkl33Dined on 2/8/2014Took the whole family for dinner, even those who won't eat sushi. Everyone had a great meal!Special Features:
- excellentfriendVIPDined on 1/17/2014I always love the food here. I tried the Tempura Udon this time and it was great.Special Features:
- Reliable!RelaxedDined on 1/17/2014Always a good dinner here, and the staff give you time to enjoy a relaxing dinner.
- Still great after all these years!TolerBear1VIPDined on 1/16/2014Been dining here for almost the last decade; great good, service and ambience! The only thing that bummed me out was that they ran out of uni :-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch specialsArnieVIPDined on 1/16/2014I enjoy coming here for a leisure or group business lunch.Special Features:
- The food is ALWAYS great.LuvgreatfoodVIPDined on 1/4/2014The food is ALWAYS great. The place could use a facelift but us neighborhood people will continue to come regardless.Special Features: