Kamasutra Indian Restaurant and Wine Bar
1522 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, ON M4G 3B4Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Kamasutra Indian Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kamasutrarestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 4164894899
- Hours of Operation:
We will be open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week during Winterlicious from Jan 27- Feb 9 Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 - 2:30pm Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Navneet Bagga
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: At Kamasutra Indian Restaurant & Wine Bar you can trust our experienced staff to make your event stand apart. Whether it's an important business lunch or dinner, a small wedding reception or a group of friends getting together for a special occasion, we will make your occasion a memorable one.
- Private Party Facilities: At Kamasutra Indian Restaurant & Wine Bar you can trust our experienced staff to make your event stand apart. Whether it's an important business lunch or dinner, a small wedding reception or a group of friends getting together for a special occasion, we will make your occasion a memorable one. Guests have the option of booking a section of the restaurant or the entire restaurant for groups of up to 110 people.
- Private Party Contact: Navneet Bagga 4164894899
- Entertainment: Join us for a lovely evening dinner with live entertainment. Live performances every Thursday of the week.
- Special Events: Join us for our Winterlicious 3-course $15 Lunch or $25 Dinner Specials from Jan 27 - Feb 9 or enjoy an intimate 3-Course Valentines Day Dinner in an elegant and exquisite atmosphere with romantic live entertainment performed by members of the world renowned band ‘Autorickshaw’. $70/Couple
- Cross Street: Bayview & Eglinton
- Public Transit: Closest subway station is the Davisville subway station on the Yonge subway line. Take bus #11 from the Davisville subway station to the Bayview & Millwood bus stop. Our restaurant is located directly across the street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street park as well as a 30 car parking lot is located across the street from the restaurant.
A word from Kamasutra Indian Restaurant and Wine Bar
Join us for our Winterlicious 3-course $15 Lunch or $25 Dinner Specials from Jan 27 - Feb 9 or enjoy an intimate 3-Course Valentines Day Dinner in an elegant and exquisite atmosphere with romantic live entertainment performed by members of the world renowned band ‘Autorickshaw’. $70/Couple No stone is left unturned in our quest to provide you with a remarkable dining experience. All will be revealed as you feast your senses over the cornucopia of exotic and evocative eastern cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kamasutra Indian Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (15)romantic (10)fit for foodies (9)kid-friendly (6)special occasion (6)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Dine at nineYuminMytumDined on 9/6/2014The last time we went, service was a little slow because it was peak time for dinner. This time, we arrived at 9:00 p.m. and everything was great. If you like spicy food, chilli chicken was really good. Butter chicken was slightly too sweet though...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buddypile3Dined on 8/26/2014We go there often and are never disappointed. So much better than the other Indian in the neighbourhoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great indian Cuisine2luvitalianfoodDined on 8/16/2014The food at Kamasutra is of a particular high standard. The salmon, , Aloo goobi, mattar paneer, sufiyani salmon were excellent. We would definitely return. The white table cloths and excellent service definitely add to a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Best Indian CusineGBrownDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I have been to Kama Sutra Restaurant twice in the last month. And, both times we were blown away by the cuisine, the service and the atmosphere. We've tried different dishes and we have not been let down. I've had to restrain myself from licking my plate. The 'daal mahani' is superb. The staff was professional and friendly while not being intrusive during meals. This will definitely be our go to spot for Indian cuisine in midtown Toronto. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable, consistent, professionalOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/28/2014My friend and I had lunch here on a Monday. Because I had a groupon, we were not permitted to order from the lunch menu (which has better specials). We had the prawn pakoras to start, tasty but not the crunchier, plumper versions we remembered from years past. I had the malabar fish angoori, and my friend had the prawns madras, with plain rice and naan on the side. The highlight was the fish with its medium-hot sauce that still had a rich flavour. The madras dish was tasty but more one-note, with nice texture from the coconut flakes. Service was speedy and professional throughout.Special Features:
- Keep going back.....TOPSVIPDined on 7/19/2014This place has been one of my favourites. Food not very spicy but just enough to give it the spicy hot bite. Rich sauce and delicious curry. Their tandoori is awesome with the meat soft and juicy. I usually take visitors from out of town to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group DinnerSherDined on 7/12/2014For 8 people it is a wonderful restaurant to go for an evening. In the group were 3 vegetarians, and there was plenty for them to choose from on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Bird DinnerHeatherBDined on 7/4/2014I've had hit & misses with this place - this time around it was a hit! Service was friendly and attentive. Food is never a complaint - always love their butter chicken and naan. I wish there were more people in the restaurant as it creates more of an atmosphere. My reservations were for 6pm so it was an early bird dinner. This place has the potential to be a buzzing place I wish they would keep up the good and not fall short on occasion. I will be back though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Kama Sutra!LauraVIPDined on 6/21/2014We eat here pretty regularly and always love it. It's the best food of its kind in Toronto, in our view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is amazing!JNickDined on 6/6/2014Yum! Every dish was as good as the last. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 154 reviews are from the Kamasutra Indian Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Good mealHighlandCreekVIPDined on 5/10/2014We go to Kamasutra as often as we can, and really have never been disappointed. Our dinner was good, but the apps arrived cold and the server took forever to bring our drink refill. It arrived just as we were finished. The servers seem to congregate around the bar. This was our most disappointing visit. If it had been our first experience we might not be back...but we will because this was unusual.Special Features:
- Nice neighbourhood spotEatingOutPDined on 4/5/2014Always enjoyable, comfortable, quiet. Spice level can be adjusted to fit customer requirements.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Indian restaurantJudy13Dined on 4/4/2014This place has great service and food. Not your typical Indian restaurant. You must try the Brie pakora. Very suitable for vegetarians tons of variety for all tastes. If you can handle spice ask for it Desi style amazing just like moms home cooking. Great location ample parking across the street. I promise you won't forget this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic flavours in a comfortableeddieDined on 4/1/2014For people who want authentic Indian food without a buffet experience. This upscale restaurant has great food, exceptional service and a wonderful ambianceSpecial Features:
- Good quality Indian food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2014We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food. Well prepared and well spiced. A very good choice for mid price range Indian food. One drawback was that while the portion sizes were pretty good for sharing, the meat dishes had very few pieces of meat in them - barely enough for 4 people. The service was a bit slow, especially with kids' food. Overall, a good choice and likely to be back.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedCJCreggDined on 3/22/2014We went with a groupon for half off and were pleasantly surprised.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatBennyhadleyVIPDined on 3/6/2014Used a groupon as we've never been before - had a great meal and the service was quick and friendly Will definately returnSpecial Features:
- The lights are very dim whichMajesticDined on 2/22/2014The lights are very dim which is the prefect setting for a romantic dinner. The staff was outstanding with no feedback for improvement - they know how to look after their customers. I am a pro for briyani rice and have eaten at almost all the restaurants in Ontario and the rice at this location failed to meet the average standards. The tandoori and lamb was pretty good, average of what you will get at another restaurant. If the quality of food can be improved I would justify the price. Overall this place is over priced for the quality of food and this can be as a result of the restaurant location.Special Features:
- Winterlicious DisappointmentWinterliciousDined on 2/13/2014Went here for the Winterlicious menu on a Thurs night. The restaurant was full and it felt like they were not prepared to handle it. The service was very slow and between our party of four, we each had an instance of not receiving a food/drink item at the same time as the others. This was not simply the case of a server not having enough room to carry everything, as it was over a 5 min. wait in each instance. The butter chicken dish I had tasted like it was loaded with ketchup. The server brought out regular naan when we requested garlic naan and while he did eventually correct this, it was close to a 15-min. wait. The portion sizes of the appetizers and dessert were TINY and the I would never order those desserts again- they were not good.
- overall, decentLumiMoonDined on 2/13/2014since there was only 1 server helping us, so it took us 10 minutes or so to be seated... for the winterlicious menu of Pakora, it's definitely not the Pakora we are familiar with, we are so used to the fried dough style, not the calamari style, the least favorite part of winterlious meal... other than that, the Shrimp Masala and Lamb Curry with Plump were amazingly delicious... overall, great price with lots of food, we were happy to try this restaurant the first timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceKennedyDined on 2/12/2014We happened to be there for Winterlicious. It was a great menu with many different choices and at a reasonable price. We have had take-out before and really enjoyed the experience of eating in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WinterleciousFoodieVIPDined on 1/31/2014We went to this restaurant for the winterlecious dinner. Overall a pleasant experience, we had the vegetarian food, the taste and quantity was good and the presentation was good as well. Nan was very soft and stayed fresh till the end. The starter hara bara tikka taste was good but it was one of the smallest size ever we had. Basmati rice was extremely dry would have been better if biryani was served as an alternate. The deserts were underwhelming both in terms of presentation and taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly local Indian restaurantFoodloverDined on 12/17/2013My friend and I went for lunch and received excellent service from the minute we entered. Our waiter was kind, patient and thoughtful. The food was really good. When I returned home I told my husband that this was definitely a restaurant I would like him to try, so sometime in the next couple of weeks, I hope that we will be going there for dinner.Special Features:
- Service could improveFoodenthusiastVIPDined on 11/4/2013Service was friendly but not attentive when we last dined here. Food was excellent as always. Water glasses were almost empty before anyone noticed. Naan was delivered long after lunch plates arrived at table. Other times, the service has been fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay if you live nearbyBillyVIPDined on 10/7/2013The restaurant was quite busy on a Monday night and the food on customer tables looked very tasty. That being said, we ordered a butter chicken, chana masala, rice, and naan for two of us to share and were left underwhelmed. The butter chicken was okay, had the texture and flavour of a can of indian spaghetti-os with a bit of heat. Big pieces of boneless chicken were tender. The chickpeas (chana masala) was bland. Rice was a bit sticky and lacked anything special (some restaurants add cardamom or other herbs and spices) and the free garlic naan that was brought to the table at the beginning of the meal was nice. Servers were very friendly and pretty efficient but the food didn't impress like Copper Chimney, Banjara, or Jaipur Grille.
- Food's ok, service...TimWVIPDined on 10/2/2013Funny, I was just going there to pick up food, really. The server seemed to have an attitude, and when I presented my voucher for the food, his response to me was, "your name's not on there, bro". Here's a tip: in a restaurant where you have tablecloth... don't call your customers "bro". I found my name in 5 seconds, learn to read, bro. I've been here a couple times before. Food's solid, but after that experience, not sure if I want to go back.Special Features:
- Delicious ExperiencesurprisemeDined on 9/15/2013I recently took a friend to Kamasutra for dinner as a 'thank you'. I've been to this restaurant before, and because my friend enjoys Indian food and is a bit of an aficionado on this cuisine, I chose Kamasutra. She was delighted by the food, ambience and service. We'll both being going back!Special Features:
- Excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2013We were very impressed with Kamasutra! Most of us love Indian food and they did not disappoint. The food was delicious. They also had great specials/options for others who weren't big fans of Indian and the feedback on those dishes was very positive also. The service was prompt, friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great food, great service!!NaziaDined on 7/20/2013I am so glad I had decided to go to Kamasutra for dinner on sat night. We were trying to check out some new restaurents for the summerlicous event. Food was phenomenal. Every dish was very nicely presented and servers were very attentive. I had the sprig rolls and my bf had the shrimp appertizer. Both were great. My main course was the Chicken Lababdar dish and it was really good. We both devoured that dish. The lamb was good but not great. Desserts were pretty decent. I would definately go back again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food has always been outstandinjjvg1973Dined on 7/18/2013The food has always been outstanding at Kamasutra, I used to live in Leaside, and ordered in quite often. This was my first time dining in, and the food was great as usual! The live entertainment was quite good as well, although a little loud. The decor was nice, and the seating was quite comfortable. If you are looking for some really good Indian food, and some delicious wine, then make a point of dining at Kamasutra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2013Food was pretty good but restaurant was likely under-staff for lunch. Service was great, very pleasant when we first arrived and through our main but lacked for the last half of the meal. I will go again for dinner to see the difference in service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for a firstReviewDined on 7/12/2013Perfect place for a first date, very romantic, very quiet and private. Only thing is, my waitress wasn't so quick, the plates were on our table for so long before she came to ask if we needed anything else. Food was so yummy!Special Features:
- Excellent ExperiencePilsieVIPDined on 7/6/2013The restaurant does a great job of combining traditional Indian cuisine with the demands of tthe "foodie". Great cocktails and appetizers. Even something as basic as Nan bread was amazing. Not to be overlooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not spectacularJoolsDined on 7/6/2013First time at this restaurant. I booked through Open Table, I only had the choice of 6pm or 9pm. I took the 6pm as 9 was too late. When we got there the restaurant was almost empty. We left at 9pm, there were still plenty of empty tables so I don't know why we couldn't have had a table at 7.30pm. Our server was nice but not over the top. Appetizers - Harra Bhara Kebab, too much cumin. Coconut Shrimp, flavour good but the three shrimp are tiny, pineapple chutney was a thin sauce, not a chutney. Chicken Tikka Spring Rolls, ok, nothing special. Mains - all nice but only three tiny pieces of chicken in the chicken curry, plenty of lamb in the other two dishes. Desserts, two nice, the cream cheese flat cakes a miss both visually and taste wise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I were pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/25/2013My wife and I were pleased with our lunch at Kamasutra. The food, the wine and the service were all excellent. The dining room was clean and nicely decorated and the back-ground music was easy to listen to and not too loud or obtrusive. I would say that the value was also good and we would not hesitate to recommend this establishment to anyone.Special Features:
- The service was excellentFoodenthusiastVIPDined on 3/23/2013The service was excellent this time.. A few months ago were there and it was not good. The food is always very good quality. The staff were very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Excellent food and good valueDeanVIPDined on 3/16/2013Excellent food and good value -- portions are very generous. I have been to Kamasutra 4 times and every time the service has been excellent and food consistent.
- It is my favourite IndianJACKDined on 2/5/2013It is my favourite Indian restaurant. This time was no exception in their professional attitude.Special Features:
- Everything was just amazing,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013Everything was just amazing, the food, the service and the overall feel of the restaurant. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!!Special Features:
- The restaurant is lovely butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2013The restaurant is lovely but you can still see the old pub decor. We went for a winterlicious lunch and enjoyed the place. The service was a bit slow and the restaurant was empty. We were running late, big snow storm, so I called the restaurant and asked to change the reservation. I had to leave a message as no one answered. I arrived about 20 minutes late for the original reservation but 10 minutes early for the adjusted one. They had not checked their voicemail and informed me that they were about to cancel it as a no show. Given the weather and current technology, I think they need to figure out how to work the phone system a bit. If we had not been able to be seated, after that drive, i would not have been thrilled.