Kali's Court Seafood Restaurant
1606 Thames Street
Baltimore, MD 22231Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Kali's Court Seafood Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.kaliscourt.com/
- Phone: 4102764700x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thu: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Fri: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
Sat: 4:00 am - 12:00 am
Sun: 4:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Kali’s Court can create a wonderful menu and experience at a location of your choice.
- Private Party Facilities: Kali’s Court is a full service restaurant with the capabilities to create a wonderful menu and experience in our private dining room accommodating up to 120 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Losin 4102764700x
A word from Kali's Court Seafood Restaurant
Kali’s Court specializes in tapas, small plates and impeccable seafood with a Mediterranean influence. We feature fresh whole fish from around the world, award winning crab cakes, and our daily chef’s features.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Kali's Court Seafood Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fells Point ›
Kali's Court Seafood Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (59)special occasion (55)great for outdoor dining (40)fit for foodies (32)neighborhood gem (26)scenic view (22)notable wine list (20)hot spot (8)good for groups (6)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014It was crowded and noisy. Unfortunately we were seated near the bar and under a speaker that pumped in music. We asked our waitress if the music could be lowered to allow conversation and she agreed to ask the manager. Nothing changed. Upon ordering we were notified that they were out of several of the "small plates". Everyone in our party ordered fish with a bottle of Pinot Grigio for the table. Upon returning our waitress informed us they were out of Pinot Grigio (the white wine list was very limited . . . maybe seven or eight selections). My Red Snapper fish was very dry although our small plates were tasty. Kali's Court is a beautiful restaurant but the food, service and noise level makes it very mediocre.Special Features:
- PerfectionLuv2DineDined on 8/10/2014Dinner was beyond our expectations. Service was impeccable. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- First visitKnowWhatILikeDined on 8/10/2014Kali's Court is a delightful spot on a warm evening. They open the windows wide to a walled, flower garden and fountain. The delicately-seasoned lamb melted off the bone. The service was very attentive. It was a fine, first visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableTime2DineDined on 8/10/2014We enjoyed a wonderful meal with excellent service. It was just a tab bit loud for us as we like a little more quite and intimate settings. We were, however, seated near the bar and a large group was behind us. Still, it was a very nice dinner in a very nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent food served in lovely setting. Helpful and friendly waiter added to great service. Very relaxed atmosphere even in the midst of Restaurant week.Special Features:
- Disappointed. AgainFinedinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014Went for restaurant week to give it another chance. Just reminded that the servers have too many tables assigned to give good service to anyone! No more tries thereSpecial Features:
- Restaurant Week victimSgbaltimoreDined on 8/9/2014I came to Kali's Court for restaurant week, which I know is taking a chance since places tend to get swamped, but nonetheless.... The various cocktails from the bar were very good. The service was extremely slow. Slow for drinks, ordering food, receiving food, and paying the tab. We finally gave up and walked the bill in to pay at the bar. The most unfortunate part was the food was generally mediocre. The beet salad, bronzini, crab cakes - all got negative reviews from the table. The mussels and the lamb shank got good reviews. The desserts small/hors d' oeuvres style and were all fairly bad. I get Rest. Week is like herding cattle but I was hoping for a lot more. The inside and outside dining space is very nice.
- Grave disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Overrated, overpriced, underportioned, overcoooked. We chose this restaraunt specifically due to the extensive menu listed online. We arrived to discover that restaurant week meant there was only a set menu selection - that honestly, was bland. When we asked about the online menu, we were told it was terribly out of date and did not reflect the current menu selections at all. Prtions were slivers and seemed to be made up days ago. The filet, a $10 additional surcharge, was tiny and over cooked. The wait staff missed just about everything, like bread plates for the bread and ice waters and needed to be continually asked for service. The food was fair at best, and the desert sampling was stale. Altogether, a gravely disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Soft shell failure; good recoverybillDined on 8/8/2014I had a bronzini and I loved it. My wife ordered the soft shell crab; it was over-cooked, mushy and over-sauced. When she told the waiter, he apologized and said he could supply another bronzini quickly. She accepted and was pleased with the change was quick! We remained happy campers and will return to this excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Overall DissapointmentBestSeafoodDined on 8/8/2014Service wasn't very good. Our server was quick and snooty. Never asked if we wanted another glass of wine or not and seemed overall not interested in us.
- Never disappoint.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014I have been to Kali's Court on many occasions and have never been disappointed with my meal, service or ambience. Great place to dine.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Date NightartichokelustDined on 8/7/2014The food was delicious, the server gave us excellent recommendations. The one low part of the evening was waiting at the table for an HOUR before our first course hit the table. GRANTED, it was Thursday evening and they were PACKED and thus slow/understaffed that evening. Once the crowd died down, we received excellent service, and complimentary port! I would definitely go back, though maybe not during restaurant week....Special Features:
- Kali's CourtDanLinDined on 8/7/2014We arrived early and did not have to wait for more than a few minutes to be seated. All of the staff was very friendly especially our waiter Jonathan. The food was delicious and we were never rushed. They had a great menu for restaurant week and we will definitely go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip itDineoutalotDined on 8/7/2014Had been wanting to try this restaurant for a long time because of reputation. It is over rated. Went during restaurant week so maybe it is different at other times. There are a lot of better choices. Caesar salad that was tasteless, my gaspacho was good but a lot of oil floating on top, husband had puff pastry app but the pastry was not flaky. Son's fiket mignon dry, my fish was really oilly and husbands seaford pasta was just ok. Desert was really an insult. We were given 3 tiny pieces of pastries to share, none of which were very good. The original wine we ordered was out of stock. And although they claim an outstanding wine list there were very few at reasonable prices. Waiter ok but missed refilling our wine was a bit of a snob.
- Food was good, but...gildaVIPDined on 8/7/2014This is the only restaurant we have encountered that offers ONLY a restaurant week menu. They did accommodate a special request for an item not on the restaurant week menu. The maître d was cordial the waiter was borderline surly.Special Features:
- Really wanted to like it moreBoatsAndOsDined on 8/6/2014We went here for my mom's birthday - she's always commented on how nice it looks when we walk past, so we thought it would be nice to take her here (she's also a pescatarian, so a seafood restaurant is perfect). The food was good, not great. The mussels and beet appetizer (separate dishes) were very good. My softshell crab was on the soggy side of fried, but had good flavor. The seafood pasta had great flavor but was there was almost no sauce. All in all, the dinner was nice. A little disappointing based on expectations, but nice. The biggest drawback was the service. It was a weeknight during restaurant week, so maybe it was busier than usual, but dinner took 2.5 hours - a lot of waiting around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceMsTravelerDined on 8/6/2014The venue and the food was perfect. Unfortunately, we had bad service. I think our server stereotyped us for being females on restaurant week. He was bothered when we asked him to go over the menu, he made a rude comment about a question I had on the menu, never checked on us (never replenished our beverages). Every customer should be treated equal, no matter of the gender or promotion. To answer our server's question- Yes, I have been to Kali's Court many times on a non promotion night.Special Features:
- Great seafoodmp6283Dined on 8/5/2014We went during restaurant week so the place was unusually crowded for a Tuesday and the menu was limited. I can't fault the food which was excellent but service was very slow. This really just seemed to be a product of a very busy night as, when we did see the waiter, he was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekpmrthirdVIPDined on 8/5/2014Thoroughly enjoyed restaurant week at Kali's Court. The Prince Edwards Mussels were fantastic in a cream broth. The softshell crabs were good (I have had better, one wasn't cleaned inside). Regardless, they were enjoyable and loved the atmosphere as well as well food. Limited wine selection for a place of this caliber; however, the Shiraz that I ordered was great and just what I was looking for. Great place, great food, and service was extremely good.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceMarkDined on 8/4/2014We've got warm welcome, were seated at one of the best tables in the house. Waiter, Tony, was professional courteous and informative. Overall, we had first class birthday dinner. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Nice- just thatbaltimoregirlDined on 8/4/2014My boyfriend & I went here for restaurant week. We had early reservations and were sat in the very corner of the restaurant at a very small table. We asked if we could sit outside and the waiter told us, it was out of the question. The table was small and it was very dark in the restaurant. There was still sunlight coming in from the windows but made the atmosphere very hard to see. The food was good, it wasn't great but it was restaurant week. I have been here several times before where the food was amazing. It was ok.Special Features:
- Good foodOperaFanVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a little issue with our first waiter probably because it was restaurant week and busy. But our second server, Michael, was great. I was looking forward to the Halibut I saw online but unfortunately only the restaurant week menu was available. But I was not disappointed because the filet mignon was delicious. Thank you Michael for taking such good care of usSpecial Features:
- Restaurant WeekTGVSDined on 8/1/2014Although usually an unbeatable meal, the main course choices for restaurant week were not impressive. They removed the swordfish option, which was delicious in the past. I ordered the seafood pasta and was very disappointed. Canned tomatoes were used in the sauce and the pasta was overcooked and dry. The seafood in the pasta was overcooked and had no flavor. I would go back for a non-restaurant week meal, but not for the promotion.Special Features:
- Over ParChipito1VIPDined on 8/1/2014The Restaurant Week menu is superb with selections for everyone's palate. Gazpacho, lamb shank, grilled fish, soft crabs and dessert trio was wonderful. Well worth the trip downtown.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week DinnerKirkDined on 8/1/2014Dinned the third time at Kali's Court and this was the second bad meal. The fish was burned totally black on one side, tasted burned and had bones all through the filet. The seafood paste lacked any flavor and lacked shelled seafood to boot. The 3rd course, desert, was poorly done and nothing but pure sugar Greek standards.
- Somewhat disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Our recent visit to Kali's was not what I had come to expect from previous. Service was marginal; although the waiter was nice enough, he was not well-versed in the wine list and then delivered the glasses in reverse of what we had ordered (I received my wife's and vice-versa). We asked for lemon for waters, but after a couple of tries had to ask someone else. Bread was not baked in-house (was a frozen brand that we buy) and was served cold. No longer does Kali's serve an olive plate like they used to some time ago, and the dessert plate seemed to simply be from their sister cafe down the street vs. freshly prepared. Although the value of our prix fixe dinner was good for what was served, would not spend much more at normal prices.Special Features:
- Left hungryJrosVIPDined on 7/27/2014Came for a 8:30 dinner reservation left after 10 with no dinner in sight! Problem in kitchen but only informed by later after we have our food was. Management should have got front of this. Our daughter ordered two entrées first was told they were out of it and then they claim they messed up the second one in the kitchen. Hugely disappointed would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Manager offered to pay for our dinner but we were very tired and it was very
- A fantastic experienceLizV2014Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I were seated outdoors and had a fabulous view of the harbor. We enjoyed the beautiful breeze, a decadent surf and turf dinner, and wonderful service. Sharon, one of the hostesses, is a true gem who was a pleasure to see and speak with. I highly recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodFoodieDined on 7/26/2014The food was very good, and our waiter was attentive, but he clearly was overworked. He did a great job while trying to manage what felt like the entire restaurant. I will certainly go again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Nothing special at a fairly high price. Disappointing. Server left a lot to be desired. Food was nothing out of the ordinary.
- A Must SeeKaliLoveDined on 7/25/2014Kali's Court is and will always be one of my favorites in the heart of Fells Point! From the romantic and elegant environment to the amazing mouth-watering food, Kali's is a long-standing gem. Service is great and the menu has many great selections. I will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- Good but Did Not Meet ExpectationsJulesDined on 7/19/2014I had very high expectations. I ordered a soft shell crab. It had too much batter and was not served as a sandwich, which seemed unusual. The mussel appetizer was outstanding. The service was very professional and formal, but slow. I had a table in the courtyard which was beautiful. For the price and atmosphere, I was overall somewhat disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great dinnerAaronVIPDined on 7/19/2014This place has been hit or miss with my--depending on service. It's either really good or it totally sucks. Last visit was good.... I had the waiter from the Green Mile. The prices are high but the food and ambiance are worth it. Thanks for a great dinner.Special Features:
- Warm Service & Mediocre Pricey FoodReady2eatDined on 7/13/2014Maitre D, gracious & welcoming sent complimentary flutes of champagne for our anniversary. Waiter, Tony, unpretentious, knowledgeable, friendly, made good recommendations, timed meal well, unobtrusively on top of every detail such as replacing of silverware, refilling water glasses, bringing a taste of two wines before ordering bottle & energetically making us feel as if we were guests in his own home. The food didn't match the service. The appetizer trio, though tasty was a scant portion for the price, both entrees [monkfish with polenta & linguini with seafood] were prepared properly but both were overwhelmed by salt. Monkfish portion miniscule. A few brussel sprouts for $9! Pear Salad a delight. Ambience was romantic & restrained.Special Features:
- A great treat!KnoxieDined on 7/7/2014We went to celebrate our engagement, and were treated like royalty. The food was excellent, and the service was superb. They went out of their way to make is feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not as good as Ouzo BaymattDined on 6/27/2014Food was good but the whole fish isn't as large or nicely prepared compared to Ouzo Bay. The grilled calamari is a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014We went with high expectations, and we're not disappointed . I took my wife and daughter, both are very discerning diners, and they raved about the place. Everything from the service to the meal were perfect, Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehJessinBmoreDined on 6/21/2014Nothing was bad. Nothing was great. We were disappointed. We expected more from $35+ entrees.Special Features:
- Excellent to UGLY!!!k2alanVIPDined on 6/15/2014In BAL for a conference, needed restaurants to entertain potential customers. I dined here on Sunday, with 3 customers-I would've given them 5 stars in all categories! Andrew our server was outstanding! Food on time, cooked perfectly, wine glass never empty. I recommended to my colleagues for final dinner on Thur, dinner for 6. OMG, the server was LAME!! I think he was Greek? Cocktails came out great, all down hill from there. We had 3 orders of oysters and one hot appy(grilled trio). After 45 minutes I inquired about our appys, the waiter mumbled he was waiting for something. Our oysters came out on H2O! The ice had long since melted-indicating to me it wasn't the kitchen's fault. We arrived at 8:40 and left around 11PM. DISMAL SERVICE!Special Features:
- Great Meal in Wonderful Settinggr8foodDined on 6/15/2014We had a wonderful Father's Day dinner at Kali's Court. The ambiance was perfect with beautiful flowers surrounding us in a garden setting. Fresh seafood - crabcakes were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.