Kali's Court Mezze
1606 Thames Street
Baltimore, MD 22231Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Kali's Court Mezze
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kaliscourt.com/
- Phone: (410) 276-4700
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thu: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Fri: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
Sat: 11:30 am - 12:00 am
Sun: 11:30 am - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Kali’s Court Mezze can create a wonderful menu and experience at a location of your choice.
- Private Party Facilities: Kali’s Court Mezze is a full service restaurant with the capabilities to create a wonderful menu and experience in our private dining room accommodating up to 120 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Andrew Bernstein 4102748847x
A word from Kali's Court Mezze
Kali’s Court specializes in tapas and impeccable seafood with a Mediterranean influence. We feature fresh whole fish from around the world, award winning crab cakes, and our daily chef’s features.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Kali's Court Mezze - Best Restaurants in Fells Point ›
Kali's Court Mezze reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (46)special occasion (44)fit for foodies (33)great for outdoor dining (30)neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (19)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (10)scenic view (9)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2014We ordered about 12 plates of food. They were all fairly tasteless, no seasoning, little flavor. The table, in a little side room was cramped. If you're selling small plates, you should allow for more table surface, no? The drinks were poorly mixed. They need a real bartender and more ingredients. Our waitress was spacey (I'm being kind.)
- Amazing!!!AryzonaVIPDined on 11/18/2014I love this restaurant. Whether you're going for a date night or looking for a bar w/a classy setting, this is the place. The FOOD is SPECTACULAR!!! The lamb is my favorite item on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, service was not goodPickyeaterDined on 11/10/2014I love Kali's Court - the food is always delicious and I love the ambiance. But, this particular night, surprisingly our service was terrible. The restaurant was packed, so that could have been the reason or we had an inexperienced server. Regardless, I plan to go back because this was really the only time out of many that the service was subpar. Bronzini was out of this world. We cleaned our plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dark, slow, and chaoticSushiLoverVIPDined on 11/8/2014There were several things that went wrong with our visit. 1. We asked our bartender if we could transfer the bar bill to our table and she said no. The couple next to us asked a different bartender if they could transfer the bill and she said yes. 2. We sat down and it took 40 minutes to order our food. At which point we were served our bread and was asked if we wanted another drink. 3. Surprisingly, it took only 10 minutes to get our meals. 4. One of our dishes was so salty that we sent it back after a couple of bites. My friend didn't even want to get another dish due to the chaos of the place. Let's say, our ordering process was longer than our meal process. 5. The place was so dark, we couldn't see a thing, including or menus.Special Features:
- Best restaurant!FoodyDined on 11/1/2014I has been to Kali's many times and every single time is a great experience. The food is outstanding so is the wine list. Everybody is very friendly. Kali's will make your dinning experience unique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu has ChangedMishaDined on 10/26/2014The service was very good. However, the menu has changed. They are offering a tapas style menu, and the quality of food is nowhere near what it was previously. Overall, it was a disapointment.
- Truly Extraordinary!Romantic1Dined on 10/24/2014Kali's Court has been our "go to" restaurant to celebrate our anniversary for several years. We always have looked forward to the grilled bronzini, which is so good, that we've not tried other items on the menu. It's very rare to find a restaurant that will offer grilled calamari and this too is a must order. Both of these offerings are a delight to the palate. There is a unique dessert made with kataifi (shredded phyllo), some kind of custard, and a side of ice cream - I'm not sure what it is called, but it is superb. The service has been reliably top notch and there's a nice candlelight ambiance and charm that completes that feeling of welcome. Kali's court is a treasure and sure to be on your short list of the truly extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was better last timeLindseyDined on 10/18/2014I had heard that Kali's court went in the tapas direction, and I was initially intrigued to try out multiple dishes considering our last experience at Kali's court was AMAZING! However, I left disappointed in the food. A few of the items were overcooked and dry. The management and hostess staff were great. I still love the ambiance & candlelight throughout. Wine list was good, too.Special Features:
- StavrosOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Well attended to. Felt very special. Owners came up to me and introduced themselves. Recommend this restaurant, especially the lamb!Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2014Kali's Court has changed their menu and staff. Waitress (Ipek) was inattentive and made numerous mistakes. After telling us the restaurant was out of 7 menu items, including crab cakes, I asked if there was lump meat in the Cream of Crab Soup. She said is was full of lump meat and even had some on top after pouring bowl. The soup was devoid of flavor and had one piece of lump in it. I sent it back after 3 spoonfuls, but they left it on the bill. They also charged a mandatory 20% gratuity on a party of six with one person paying the bill. Food was mediocre at best. On the plus side, restaurant is lovely inside. Way overpriced for the experience.
- 13th Birthday CelebrationProudMomDined on 10/10/2014My son & I went for dinner to celebrate his 13th birthday. It was excellent. My son wanted to dine at a fancy place and it was exactly what he wanted. He was truly treated like a young man. Thanks for making his day perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiting, and waiting, and waitingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Despite having a reservation, we had to wait 10min for our table to be cleared and prepared. Given this was a nice place it wasn't too hard a pill to swallow. After sitting down we waited for a server, and waited, and waited. Eventually my wife got up after 15min and asked the hostess and then the manager if we even had a server. A server was sent promptly, who came, took our orders for both drinks and food, and promised us that he would bring bread out shortly. 30min later no bread, no drinks, and no food. My wife and I left, we had a sitter and could not afford to go by Kali's schedule. We love Mezze and thought we love Kali's. Given our experience. We won't be back to Kali's... ever
- Wonderful food, ok servicebcoleman427Dined on 9/30/2014Our patio table for a 7:30 dinner was beautiful. The waiter was mostly attentive but the kitchen seemed slow. The restaurant was not overly crowded so I'm not sure what the problem was. My wife had the whole snapper. It was a little dry but had very good flavor. My bouillabaisse was one of my food highlights of three days in Baltimore. I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Bad service, decent foodCamiDined on 9/27/2014We were seated outside, on the balcony, and it was lovely, but also ended up meaning exile. The waiter must not have put our orders in. Though the interior of the restaurant cleared, and new people were seated and served, our small plates still didn't come, and we didn't get checked on much. The waiter came back at one point to ask us to remind him of what orders were still outstanding. To top it off, some weird thing happened with our gift card and it magically lost $100 between the bar downstairs and eating upstairs. The waiter tried to tell us that we didn't know what was on our card, and thank goodness we had a receipt from the bar that showed the correct balance. Food was decent - I recommend the tuna carpaccio.
- gone downRickDined on 9/27/2014I've eaten at Kali's Court a number of times through the years but, hadn't been there in two years until a few days ago . I found that the menu was greatly reduced and the service was poor. The food was very good if, you can deal with the poor service.Special Features:
- Very disappointedcrossroadsdocDined on 9/26/2014Kali's Court is considered a 'top' restaurant sw we decided to book it for a birthday, but the service was extremely slow-they were very short-staffed obviously for a busy Friday night. The wine decanter was left on the table for us to serve; noise level with loud music made it impossible for conversation. Despite advising the maitre d' on arrival that we were celebrating a special birthday (was also done at the time of making reservation on Open Table), there was no acknowledgement. The food was very good, but will not go back in hurry to this place.Special Features:
- Not the Kali's I rememberLooking4goodeatsVIPDined on 9/23/2014The evening did not start well as several couples waited over 10 minutes for someone to acknowledge that they were waiting to check in for a table let alone be seated. The fresh fish was over salted and dripping in butter that overpowered any flavor. Service was at best that of any national chain, not what one would expect for this type of restaurant. The place itself could use a bit of clean-up, everything showing its age and not in a good way.
- We enjoyed dinner at Kali's CourtJeffDined on 9/15/2014We've eaten at this restaurant a few times over the last year. We've never left feeling that we got less than we anticipated. We've also never left thinking that they delivered more than expected. To the second point, they have a display of fresh fish but even after asking about what was fresh the server never offered to take us over to the fish and promote anything. We could see the fish display and no one was ever escorted over to the display. I think this would be an easy way to take the service up a notch. Another point is that the grilled fish selections don't come with any sides. This is another opportunity for them to go over the top. But the dinner was nice and the food was good. No regrets and we'll visit again.Special Features:
- DisappointedVIPDined on 9/13/2014Kali's Court is no longer a seafood restaurant. They merged with their tapas restaurant, Mezze, and our dining experience was very bad. The mezzes, which we happen to like, were brought out of order, our server was not attentive, and our martinis were half full. we were disappointed and will not return. It is a loss for the area because we always considered Kali's Court as a very pretty special occasion restaurant.Special Features:
- It has been much betterPhilVIPDined on 9/13/2014It was disappointing. We ordered the spinach pie which lacked the sharpness that is usually provided by dill. The next dish was the crab and artichoke "crisp". This is simply a filo wrapped mixture. The sauce was bland and it saturated the filo to make it soggy. The dish that followed was the zucchini fritters. They were charred and greasy. Truly disappointing. The orzo was okay, but they were overcooked since they were overly soft. The final dish was the crab cakes which were good. The service was attentive and the general appearance of the restaurant is wonderful I hope they get the kitchen back to its past quality.
- DisappointedAvidFdeeDined on 9/7/2014After reading great reviews on Yelp, we decided to try out Mezze/Kalis Court Seafood Restaurant. Biggest let-down was that they didn't have two main entrees we were looking for (and had read about before we went) and we got pretty lame excuses for that. We asked for a table on the second level and we were told the table was reserved. When I went to the rest room half hour later, the entire second level was empty. The manager could have been honest and said that the upper level section was closed for dinner.
- Hectic Labor Day meal1sttimeKalidinerDined on 8/31/2014Greek style tapas restaurant. It was extremely busy over Labor Day weekend. Being tapas we had a number of dishes and they varied. I will list from worst to best. The calamari had a mix of small squid which was burnt and rings which was very good. I think normally this would be excellent. We didn't have to pay for the dish. We received a dish that wasn't what we expected and when the actual dish arrived we asked what the other was and found out we hadn't ordered it so we didn't have to pay for that either. The tuna carpaccio was ok not great. The roasted salmon was very good but it had a fairly strongly flavored sauce. The tabouli salad and the grape leaves were excellent. The duck confit and goat cheese stuffed roasted peppers were superb.Special Features:
- DisappointingBaltoandDCDinerDined on 8/31/2014It was crowded and noisy. Unfortunately we were seated near the bar and under a speaker that pumped in music. We asked our waitress if the music could be lowered to allow conversation and she agreed to ask the manager. Nothing changed. Upon ordering we were notified that they were out of several of the "small plates". Everyone in our party ordered fish with a bottle of Pinot Grigio for the table. Upon returning our waitress informed us they were out of Pinot Grigio (the white wine list was very limited . . . maybe seven or eight selections). My Red Snapper fish was very dry although our small plates were tasty. Kali's Court is a beautiful restaurant but the food, service and noise level makes it very mediocre.Special Features:
- PerfectionLuv2DineDined on 8/10/2014Dinner was beyond our expectations. Service was impeccable. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- First visitKnowWhatILikeDined on 8/10/2014Kali's Court is a delightful spot on a warm evening. They open the windows wide to a walled, flower garden and fountain. The delicately-seasoned lamb melted off the bone. The service was very attentive. It was a fine, first visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableTime2DineDined on 8/10/2014We enjoyed a wonderful meal with excellent service. It was just a tab bit loud for us as we like a little more quite and intimate settings. We were, however, seated near the bar and a large group was behind us. Still, it was a very nice dinner in a very nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent food served in lovely setting. Helpful and friendly waiter added to great service. Very relaxed atmosphere even in the midst of Restaurant week.Special Features:
- Disappointed. AgainFinedinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014Went for restaurant week to give it another chance. Just reminded that the servers have too many tables assigned to give good service to anyone! No more tries thereSpecial Features:
- Restaurant Week victimSgbaltimoreDined on 8/9/2014I came to Kali's Court for restaurant week, which I know is taking a chance since places tend to get swamped, but nonetheless.... The various cocktails from the bar were very good. The service was extremely slow. Slow for drinks, ordering food, receiving food, and paying the tab. We finally gave up and walked the bill in to pay at the bar. The most unfortunate part was the food was generally mediocre. The beet salad, bronzini, crab cakes - all got negative reviews from the table. The mussels and the lamb shank got good reviews. The desserts small/hors d' oeuvres style and were all fairly bad. I get Rest. Week is like herding cattle but I was hoping for a lot more. The inside and outside dining space is very nice.
- Grave disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Overrated, overpriced, underportioned, overcoooked. We chose this restaraunt specifically due to the extensive menu listed online. We arrived to discover that restaurant week meant there was only a set menu selection - that honestly, was bland. When we asked about the online menu, we were told it was terribly out of date and did not reflect the current menu selections at all. Prtions were slivers and seemed to be made up days ago. The filet, a $10 additional surcharge, was tiny and over cooked. The wait staff missed just about everything, like bread plates for the bread and ice waters and needed to be continually asked for service. The food was fair at best, and the desert sampling was stale. Altogether, a gravely disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Soft shell failure; good recoverybillDined on 8/8/2014I had a bronzini and I loved it. My wife ordered the soft shell crab; it was over-cooked, mushy and over-sauced. When she told the waiter, he apologized and said he could supply another bronzini quickly. She accepted and was pleased with the change was quick! We remained happy campers and will return to this excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Overall DissapointmentBestSeafoodDined on 8/8/2014Service wasn't very good. Our server was quick and snooty. Never asked if we wanted another glass of wine or not and seemed overall not interested in us.
- Never disappoint.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014I have been to Kali's Court on many occasions and have never been disappointed with my meal, service or ambience. Great place to dine.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Date NightartichokelustDined on 8/7/2014The food was delicious, the server gave us excellent recommendations. The one low part of the evening was waiting at the table for an HOUR before our first course hit the table. GRANTED, it was Thursday evening and they were PACKED and thus slow/understaffed that evening. Once the crowd died down, we received excellent service, and complimentary port! I would definitely go back, though maybe not during restaurant week....Special Features:
- Kali's CourtDanLinDined on 8/7/2014We arrived early and did not have to wait for more than a few minutes to be seated. All of the staff was very friendly especially our waiter Jonathan. The food was delicious and we were never rushed. They had a great menu for restaurant week and we will definitely go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip itDineoutalotVIPDined on 8/7/2014Had been wanting to try this restaurant for a long time because of reputation. It is over rated. Went during restaurant week so maybe it is different at other times. There are a lot of better choices. Caesar salad that was tasteless, my gaspacho was good but a lot of oil floating on top, husband had puff pastry app but the pastry was not flaky. Son's fiket mignon dry, my fish was really oilly and husbands seaford pasta was just ok. Desert was really an insult. We were given 3 tiny pieces of pastries to share, none of which were very good. The original wine we ordered was out of stock. And although they claim an outstanding wine list there were very few at reasonable prices. Waiter ok but missed refilling our wine was a bit of a snob.
- Food was good, but...gildaVIPDined on 8/7/2014This is the only restaurant we have encountered that offers ONLY a restaurant week menu. They did accommodate a special request for an item not on the restaurant week menu. The maître d was cordial the waiter was borderline surly.Special Features:
- Really wanted to like it moreBoatsAndOsDined on 8/6/2014We went here for my mom's birthday - she's always commented on how nice it looks when we walk past, so we thought it would be nice to take her here (she's also a pescatarian, so a seafood restaurant is perfect). The food was good, not great. The mussels and beet appetizer (separate dishes) were very good. My softshell crab was on the soggy side of fried, but had good flavor. The seafood pasta had great flavor but was there was almost no sauce. All in all, the dinner was nice. A little disappointing based on expectations, but nice. The biggest drawback was the service. It was a weeknight during restaurant week, so maybe it was busier than usual, but dinner took 2.5 hours - a lot of waiting around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceMsTravelerDined on 8/6/2014The venue and the food was perfect. Unfortunately, we had bad service. I think our server stereotyped us for being females on restaurant week. He was bothered when we asked him to go over the menu, he made a rude comment about a question I had on the menu, never checked on us (never replenished our beverages). Every customer should be treated equal, no matter of the gender or promotion. To answer our server's question- Yes, I have been to Kali's Court many times on a non promotion night.Special Features:
- Great seafoodmp6283Dined on 8/5/2014We went during restaurant week so the place was unusually crowded for a Tuesday and the menu was limited. I can't fault the food which was excellent but service was very slow. This really just seemed to be a product of a very busy night as, when we did see the waiter, he was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.