205 South Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://kaisergrille.com/
- Phone: 7603231003x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:30pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Offsite or onsite catering available. Please call 760.424.6176 for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: We have semi private and private dining available, groups from 15-300.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Morcus 7604246176x
- Special Events: Private dining available. Please call 760-424-6176 for more information.
A word from Kaiser Grille
Kaiser Grille Palm Springs is a favorite downtown destination for casual upscale dining, offering seafood, steaks, chops, pizza, salads and an unbeatable Happy Hour. Fresh, top quality ingredients make each dish flavorful and healthy. We offer all natural, hormone and antibiotic free meats and organic produce wherever possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kaiser Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (25)good for groups (14)special occasion (14)neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (9)scenic view (8)romantic (8)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- thoroughly enjoyedpalmspringsvacationerDined on 9/26/2014This was a great place to enjoy dinner...service was excellent...food was great...portion size was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable UpscaleLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 9/18/2014Kaiser Grille is always a dependably pleasant experience. Handsome furnishings, open seating plan, great central bar, very well prepared and presented American cuisine selections, and friendly, capable service. A Palm Springs mainstay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed it!elyseDined on 9/13/2014Our first time here & we really liked it. Lovely setting. Perfect service (Fernando with support from others). Martini was full & strong just as it should be. Both our salads were great. My husband's sea bass rice & veggies were great. My pizza was good except for a so-so crust. We had enough to bring home for leftovers. We will dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINNER WAS VERY GOOD...EXCEPT THEKUUMELEDined on 9/7/2014THE MAC AND "WHATEVER" VERY POOR. THE "WHATEVER" THAT WAS ON THE MAC WAS TASTELESS. TOO BAD. THE BIRTHDAY PERSON WAS ONLY ACCKNOWLEGED BY THE HOSTESS. THAT WAS TOO BAD TOO. OVERALL, NICE PLACE AND THE REST OF THE DINNER WAS GOOD.Special Features:
- Good value and food,great serviceZackDined on 9/1/2014For a tourist location, Kaiser is a great value and worth the stop. Service was outstanding and food was well prepared. Lots of outdoor seating for outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently tasty food!DesertDaveDined on 8/16/2014I've eaten at Kaiser Grill at least 3 times in the past year. It's great central location in downtown Palm Springs, varied menu and friendly/professional service keep me coming back. We were seated promptly, offered several different table locations and greeted immediately by our waiter. The appetizers are ample size to share, and the crab cakes were delicious. Several of us then had salads as our entree; tasty, fresh and tasty! We never felt rushed, and all of the staff always greeted us with smiles. All in all, another very nice dinner experience!Special Features:
- Late night option on the main dragalohagourmetVIPDined on 8/9/2014One of the few restaurants open after 9:30pm on a Saturday night in the summer in Palm Springs!!! Sadly, few options. Many other restaurants advertised later hours but turned us away. Great location to watch the action on the street though and they had some healthy options as well.Special Features:
- not for elegant diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014I recently went here for my birthday thinking since this is a sister restaurant of the chop house it was gonna be an awesome dining experience. Not at all! Got all dressed up for nothing! People were walking in with tank tops and flip flops on! Since i live in the area the chop house and LG's are by far more elegant than this place. The menu was too overpriced. To me this restaurant is kind of a cross between Denny's and the chop house.Special Features:
- Nice on a summer nightKittyCityfoodieDined on 7/25/2014We decided on a Friday night out, impossible in season. The restaurant quite nice, but seemed overstaffed for the number of people coming in/out. Food was good, but the Mediterranean salad was too loaded with chickpeas. The pizza had a great crust and was quite tasty. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable. Nice place for a summer night.Special Features:
- A Must Have in Palm SpringsCarnivorousKittyDined on 7/13/2014Amazing food!!!! Definitely a place you must try when you are in the downtown area of Palm Springs. The service was fabulous. Kimberly was our server and Sir was also attending to us and they were the most kind and polite people. Also theanager personally made an effort to come to our table and thank us for dinning there. The filet mignon was cooked perfectly and my fiancées prime run was phenomenal. Needless to say this place exceeded expectations. And the misters they have in the patio were def a must in that desert heat. Definitely will eat there next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset dinnerPrincipalDDined on 7/12/2014We had the three course meal - outstanding food. Well seasoned and kept the water glass full the whole time. Very kind staff who were alert to the needs of our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableOc6283VIPDined on 7/11/2014Good food and good service it was a very nice experience. Staff was all very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food great- atmosphere so so.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/10/2014We traveled to Palm Springs as our Palm Desert Kaiser was closed. We had reservations for 7pm, but got there early and they were able to take us. We had a nice booth inside. Everyone was nice. Service was prompt. When we arrived, we saw that there was a sunset dinner that we missed. If we knew that existed, we would have come earlier. Waiter was nice, but didn't know his drinks...had to ask someone else. Dinner was super quiet; no ambiance. When we were leaving, noticed lots of diners outside, nightlife...etc. If we knew the nightlife was vibrant outside, we would have asked for a table out there. Communication from the restaurant would have been nice. It was just an ok evening experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot - and not in a good wayps760Dined on 7/3/2014IT was 106 degrees outside, and the same inside. We stayed because the server kept saying it would just be a moment until the A/C was fixed. Never came on. My steak and appetizer were just OK - roughly the quality you'd expect from a mid-rage chain restaurant. My dining partner liked the pasta. When we left, it was obvious why so many of the staff congregated around the front door area. It was nice and cool there! They didn't bother to say goodbye or thank you. In fairness, I should mention that my previous visit here was better. But won't risk another visit - especially for a special occasion dinner.
- A fine meal inside the dining roomDeanoDined on 6/22/2014A very good dining experience inside for a change (it was quite warm outside). Recommend the banquet tables, which are higher and offer a view both inside & out. The food was well-prepared and the portions generous. The Spaghetti Bolognese was made with a very thick noodle & large amounts of meat in the sauce, with enough for two servings. Our other entree was the Bacon Chutney Burger, which was done to the desired temp & very tasty. The staff was very personable & attentive and we enjoyed the more moderate noise level inside as compared with the street noise of the patio.Special Features:
- Will give it another shotCraigDined on 6/14/2014I had the prime rib, another had a burger sans the bun and the other party had a wedge and an appetizer. The Prime Rib was hearty, but kinda bland in the beef flavor arena. The horseradish and au jus was excellent. The haricot verts were done well. The burger without the bun was not fully consumed by the person that ordered it. The wedge could have used a liberal dusting of bleu cheese. The appetizer which consisted of prosciutto, toasted bread, brie and arugula was a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal on the patioNativeTexanVIPDined on 6/10/2014We enjoyed a lovely dinner on the patio. Food was good. Tuna seared rare with stir fried veggies was very tasty. My dining companion raved about the pork chop. Said it was just about the best he'd ever eaten. Service was sometimes slow and uneven. We enjoyed and will go back, but if the service had been better, it would have been a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KaiserDatenightDined on 6/5/2014Great service. Both meals were cooked to perfection. This spot is wonderful for visitors & locals throughout the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mis representationMJC123Dined on 6/4/2014Dine around advertised kaiser grill at 26.00 3 course .. They charged 38 for the 3 course very mediocre food .. Bill 112.00 with one drink I didn't drink .. In and out burger would have been 10 times better for 10.00 .. I would like compensation for false advertising . I could have gone to Spencer's and got good food for 38.00 per plate I was mad all night long ..
- The following 356 reviews are from the Kaiser Grille reviews archive.
- ExceptionalTwanDined on 5/31/2014If you love meat, The Kaiser is a fine dining experience. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialChuckVIPDined on 5/31/2014Another mediocre over priced dining spot. Nothing bad to say; but no reason to go back either.
- Excellent Dining ExperiencesushiloverDined on 5/31/2014Great food & service!! Ordered from the Restaurant Week menu and would absolutely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the Palm Springs area!Special Features:
- Service and foodSandyVIPDined on 5/31/2014We have not been to Kaiser's since the remodel. The ambience was casual and relaxing, food was good. Our waiter Ezequiel, did an excellent job. He was attentive and pleasant but not in your face.Special Features:
- Food not made as order.DBinPSDined on 5/24/2014The food was made as to how we order it. A steak was order well done, it was served med. A pizza was order with on onions, it come with onions on it. We keep the steak. The pizza was sent back to have dome right.Special Features:
- SherryDined on 5/18/2014Great restaurant during the summer months - not crowded and lovely inside dining area
- Happy to be therePSlocalDined on 5/17/2014Always excited to visit the Kaiser Restaurant Group of restaurants. They know how to treat customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious AhiLocalDined on 5/8/2014Food was delicious. Hostess/greeting staff was great. Server was ok but person that brought food from kitchen was "crabby" set food down with a plop. We encountered them at least three times; bread, food, extras and always the same plop and crabby persona.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot before theatrewifeofcarnivoreDined on 4/30/2014Not a rave but nice. Nothing special. All was fine but not memorable. It was nice to people watch and the restaurant is well located.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and fun menuLovesTruffleDined on 4/25/2014We chose this restaurant because we were looking for a casual dinner with reasonable prices. We were seated outside which was fun because a music festival was in town that weekend and the town was hopping that night. Even though Kaiser Grill is not a pizza place, per se, all four of us ended up having different pizzas and everyone enjoyed their choices (margherita, mushroom truffle, traditional meat, shrimp pesto). Nice wine selection (we had Sonoma Cutrer). Good service.Special Features:
- Pleasant DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014The Kaiser Grille is a favorite place for lunch. As mentioned above, the food, service, and ambiance are all outstanding. I had the fish taco wrap. The fish was a good size piece and deliciously prepared. Definitely will return when I am again in Palm Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMichaelDined on 4/18/2014Last year I was very disappointed with the sitting. Was sitted in the back close to the washroom, didn't like it at all. Good was great then and still great now. We ask for patio sitting and it changes everything. We love people watching and it's the great spot for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Street fairoregonVIPDined on 4/17/2014We book this for the street fair and sat outside to people watch. Would NOT recommend pizza except for vegatable. Others were extremely dry.Special Features:
- awesome foodbillDined on 4/12/2014This is one of my Dad's favorite when he goes to Palm Springs...I definitely agree, everything about this grill was A+++++...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent valuesunshineDined on 4/12/2014We had a group of 10 and we sat at the big table out on the patio. Great spot for conversation, watching the street activity and enjoying some great food. Our waiter was excellent, even made it clear the tip was included in our bill.Special Features:
- Lovely round table for nineLindaDined on 4/12/2014Lovely round table for nine people, attentive wait staff and good food. Price was great with the early bird specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location with a great patioValentinesDinnerDined on 4/10/2014The dishes we tried were pretty good and the service was solid but nothing terribly special, especially for the price. You're paying a lot for the location considering that you can have most of the same dishes across the street for 20% less. That being said, it was a good overall experience and if I had a hard time getting in somewhere else, I wouldn't be unhappy going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better late than neverTpgarciaDined on 4/5/2014Suggest you make reservations on the week end and leave early to find parking. We walked past people waiting for a table but there was while before our waiter arrived. He brought my wife the wrong type of wine and almost after reminders final brought her order. The place, the street was packed(spring break?LPGA)but we had to aske who much longer? Food was good, steak could have been cooked a little longer and the desert was good so alls well that ends well.Special Features:
- Almost thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2014We're been going to Kaiser for special occasions for years. The food is good and the service is attentive. Consistently, however, entrees take way too long to arrive. Drinks and appetizers arrive very quickly, but main courses seem to take forever. We've just gotten used to waiting, but it would be nice if this could be fixed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before the FolliesMarge4770Dined on 4/4/2014This restaurant has good food and is right down the street from the Follies. We enjoyed eating here. I think you will too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!steinyDined on 4/3/2014We arrived 15 min late on a very busy night because we could not find a place to park. The staff was awesome! We were seated outside and the food was super good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.