Kaiser Grille Palm Desert
74040 Highway 111
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Kaiser Grille Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kaisergrillepalmdesert.com/
- Phone: 7607799888
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Offsite or onsite catering available, with the menu of your choosing. For more information, please call 760.424-6176
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room for up to 36 guests, semi private for up to 100. Buyout of entire restaurant up to 240 guests
- Private Party Contact: Eric morcus 760 779 9888x
- Entertainment: Piano Bar, Live music most every night of the week!
- Special Events: Private Dining Room available. Please call 760.424-6176 for more information.
A word from Kaiser Grille Palm Desert
We offer California Happy Cuisine. Our affiliated restaurants are perenially voted Best Steaks in the Desert. Fine steaks and chops, butchered in-house and grilled the classic way, allowing flavors and tenderness to develop fully. We offer gluten-free options, fresh salads and vegetables, stone hearth pizzas, fresh pastas, steaks and wild/sustainable seafood.Continued
WINE CELLAR , FULL BAR, ENTERTAINMENT
WINE CELLAR , FULL BAR, ENTERTAINMENT
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kaiser Grille Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)special occasion (33)fit for foodies (26)vibrant bar scene (20)good for groups (19)romantic (12)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Dinner Review.BIGFELLOWDined on 10/18/2014This was a bad choice of restaurant. I am familiar with the Palm Springs restaurant. The enclosed nature of the Palm Desert branch makes for a very noisy atmosphere. The staff were attentive and the food good. Service was a little slow. My mistake in booking there.Special Features:
- Outstanding experience.cleardazedDined on 10/17/2014What a nice little gem. Food and service was top notch. My wife really enjoyed the jalapeno Margarita. The food was thoroughly enjoyed by us. Would highly recommend this to anyone in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/16/2014We were so fortunate to fall upon the Kaiser Grille in its new spot in Palm Desert. Dinner, atmosphere and service were fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm WelcomeScottyP69VIPDined on 10/16/2014Great service and super Stuffed Shrimp! We even stayed for desert... Very rare. Love the PS location... Happy to have them in Palm Desert!Special Features:
- Kaiser GrilleNickioVIPDined on 10/16/2014Food was excellent and the service was great! It was a pleasure dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014Excellent Meal, Service and atmosphere ! We will be back !Special Features:
- ElizaVIPDined on 10/13/2014The food was actually quite good, but the service was inconsistent and too many different servers asking the same questions. Horrible and this is our second time there with the exact same outcome. Mixed up orders, some served some waiting, etc., Horrible Horrible set up for waitstaff causing constant confusion. We probably won't go back...plus who wants to watch the traffic on 111. Is that supposed to be interesting?
- Mr. JMisterMarkDined on 10/11/2014Our first visit to the new Kaiser Grill after dining at the former Chop House at this same location for many years. The restaurant is now brighter with orange curtains/table cloths. The horseshoe booths were retained---nice seating. The service was excellent with Erik (owner) visiting twice for a nice chat. We took advantage of Sunset Dinner Menu as we arrived early. Stuffed sole and fettuccine w/spinach. I am sensitive to salt as I have Menieres Disease and the sole was a bit too salty but probably OK for those not on a low sodium diet.Special Features:
- Friday night light dinnerZolanytesDined on 10/10/2014We close salads - they were lovely, fresh and perfect. Kaiser Grille is consistently good and moderately priced.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/7/2014Food had improved 100% from the first visit. Will definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice redoSmittyDined on 10/3/2014Went their after the owners changed from Steak House to a proven winner, Kaiser Grille. Good quick and friendly service. Excellent menu selections. had White fish and one in our party had Pizza. Pizza was thin crust and very good. Prices are reasonable and we were checked on by busser and Manager as well as server. Would go back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy, noisy but funWendygrDined on 10/2/2014This restaurant has patio dining that sits right above the busiest street in Palm Desert. We ate here during the Thursday evening street fair, so the whole place had an atmosphere of 'fun dining' nothing too serious. One of us ordered the crab cake (delicious), the other had a steak sandwich with mushrooms and Gorgonzola cheese), good but the meat was a little tough in places. Still, we would go here again on our next trip through Palm Springs.Special Features:
- Great place!DTAPDined on 9/27/2014Happy hour was fun. Steve the bartender made our day fun. We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour is better than dinner...BeckieDined on 9/26/2014I would not recommend for dinner, it was extremely noisy and there were only 2 of us in a booth, when they re did the restaurant they removed all the carpeting so the sound has no where to go...the service was average and the food, well a steak is a steak and there was nothing special about it...the wedge salad was the exception...that I would order again, they bread was boring, the appetizer was OK, but I would not order the bruschetta again. I would go for happy hour and have the wedge and a glass of wine. They did bring a comp dessert becasue it was my birthday and that was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a special occasionstarfishDined on 9/22/2014This was our first visit to the Kaiser Grille in Palm Desert. We enjoyed the atmosphere and had a great meal. It was my birthday and the staff treated me appropriately. I had the Lake Superior whitefish -- delicious! I will definitely visit this spot again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableAnneDined on 9/20/2014Food was absolutely terrific. We started with the Mediterranean pizza for an appetizer, it had a thin crust and delicious. I had a petite filet, medium rare and it was cooked perfectly and very tender. Two of her friends ordered the prime rib roast and it was cooked perfectly to their satisfaction. One of our friends ordered pasta and he said it was excellent. We highly recommend reservations as the place was packed when we arrived for our 6 o'clock reservation. They have a very good bar menu from 4 to 6 PM and when we walked in the bar was completely filled not open table insite. If you plan on eating in the bar either arrive very early or you will have to wait for a table if you're going to eat in the dining room make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desert ChiefDesertWitnessDined on 9/17/2014Still smarting from the loss of the Chop House which Kaiser replaced. Very evident the present manager is working very hard. This venue is a bit more noisey and a bit less intimate but as I said they are trying. The quality of meat seems to have stepped down a level but I may be mistaken as every NY steak is not great at times. The drinks are not quite to the level of those served at Cactus Jacks but the mixologist knows his craft. However, the level of service far exceeds that found in some of the other Kaiser family restaurants located in Indio.Special Features:
- New restaurant in townFoodie2Dined on 9/13/2014Our experience for dinner was very good. Most notable was the service from our waiter, Brian. He was wonderful. So friendly and accommodating. The food was yummy. Good selection on the menu. They also have good signature drinks.Special Features:
- Would Surely go backnancy7Dined on 9/12/2014First time ever at Kaiser Grille. There were 4 in or party, we all ordered something different, an all enjoyed our dinners very much. Service was Excellent. The place was pretty noisy, and our table was dark....but that's our only complaints. Would surely go back.
- Food was very averageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014The food was very average for the price. The Game Hen was not seasoned well and dry. The Wedge Salad decent, but the dressing was not good…almost sour. The shrimp cocktail was very average for $12. The White Fish was good and the beer was cold except they were out of our first selection.Special Features:
- steveDined on 9/10/2014Although we enjoyed the food, our waitress was not up to your usual standards of wait staff. Her timing was poor, we had to wait too long to order, she was clearing plates while we were still eating. We were in the mid dining area, near the bar and the noise level made converssation impossible. That almost ruined the dining experience.
- Very Good RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The food was excellent. We were a party of four and everybody had an excellent meal. The waitress was extremely attentive and nice. She gave us plenty of time to review the menu and "chat" before we ordered. The manager came to our table to ask how we like our food. I really have no complaints. I will recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:
- Kaiser was wonderfulMediocerDined on 9/6/2014All three of us were very happy with the new Kaiser Grill in Palm Desert, great for bar and dinning. Excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- reviewrichardVIPDined on 9/3/2014Everything was just perfect. From the food to the service. We couldn't have asked for better.Special Features:
- Miss the Chop HousePleasedDined on 9/1/2014We enjoyed the Chop house for many years! but were pleasantly surprised by our first visit. The staff was very accommodating and the menu choices were great. We had the stuffed sole, and it was delicious. We will go back.Special Features:
- Cheery spot, worthy of repeat bizOverkaleVIPDined on 8/31/2014The mediterranean salad was very good and a nice, healthy option. I could taste the fresh mint and I think, maybe, basil. Husband's mojito was a little watered down, and I saw someone send back a drink for "fixing". I trust they'll work on this. I found the wine selection to be very nice and well edited. We had a booth with a people watching view, and the decor is very cheery and pleasant. Eager and attentive wait staff. I'll definitely come back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerMswfrogVIPDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful time at one of our favorites. Glad to have them back in Palm Desert. Wife had Mahi Mahi and I the mixed seafood grill. Well prepared and delicious. Service was fast and friendly and Eric Morcus, the owner, stopped by our table for a chat. We even received a follow up call a couple of days later to see if everything was OK. Great customer service. Open Table needs to correct their map, though. You show their location as one mile west of where they really are.Special Features:
- Fresh and healthy foodHealthyfoodieDined on 8/30/2014Kaiser Grille opened recently and the vibrant orange awnings announced the change we found inside. The interior decor was brightened up using current design features, colors and textures - very inviting. The menu is interesting using fresh clean ingredients, locally grown when possible, wild fish, etc. I very seldom order chicken anymore but took a chance - it was excellent. The kale salad was excellent also. I returned with friends a few nights later and had another outstanding experience. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RemodelRogerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Nice remodel, great menu, our waitress was unsure of herself, and did not know the bar very well, and has to look up soup of the daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!SueSDined on 8/29/2014We really enjoyed our evening! Food was excellent and the service impeccable! Wonderful Caesar salad, Fillet cooked perfect and loved the Chimchurri sauce. Thank you for a very nice time, we will be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good addition!oldschoolVIPDined on 8/29/2014Very nice menu, something for everyone! Busy for just opening without any advertising. The owner, Eric stopped at the table and was very interested in what we had to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great job on remodel Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Steak was perfect just like Chop House but I really need a BAKED POTATOE with my steak Just saying!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed our evening and Rick and our waitress did a wonderful job. Big thanks. The PaullsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing New!desertroseDined on 8/23/2014We tired the new location for the Kaiser Grille in Palm Desert. Service was slow, lots of staff running around but lack focus, direction and attention. Food was uneventful! Entrees lacked flavor and imagination and the veggies served lukewarm. Overpriced for this venue. Too bad the old Chop House had to close at this location. There are much better choices in the valley!
- Chop House with another name!DesertVIPDined on 8/20/2014If you feel that $100 for a meal for two without drinks, appetizers, or salads, but with a couple "chips" of "toasted" bread plus one scoop of mushy ice cream is a deal, then run to get here. Hopefully, you will be able to find a place to park your Bentley when you get there. If not, forget it and write if off as just another rip off and go to California Pizza Kitchen for some better food!
- birthday dinnerfrasiericeDined on 8/19/2014celebrated my husband's birthday here. great place! friendly staff, good service and the food was great! would come back again!Special Features:
- Miss not a hit.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014So looking forward to Kaiser Grille in Palm Desert. After being seated, there was no service. Waiters and waitresses kept walking by and no one acknowledged us, offered a drink, or even water. What, were we invisible? So far below our expectations on every level. Will not be returning any time soon. What a disappointment!
- The following 523 reviews are from the Kaiser Grille Palm Desert reviews archive.
- Place closed early on us!.TroutDined on 6/7/2014We arrived on time and we're informed by the staff staff that they closed early due to a lack of of customers. They should have called us.
- Chop Hse good byeDesertWitnessDined on 6/6/2014This location closing but I understand Chop Hse to open at Jackalope because they have two kitchens. This should be an interesting experiment. I've never been impressed with Jackalope except for appetizers and cocktails. HOPEFULLY they will bring the kitchen & wait staff along. The setting should be spectacular and if the resturant group keeps the same great quality food and service this should be a happy improvement. I do not think this move will improve the Jackalope experience. To do that you'd have to clone the kitchen staff (not to mention the buyer).Time will tell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsPDJudiDined on 6/1/2014This was a special occasion and they greeted us with a Happy Birthday and had a congratulatory card at the table. We love the ample booths and quiet ambience. The food and service are top notch.Special Features: