Kaiser Grille Palm Desert
74040 Highway 111
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Kaiser Grille Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kaisergrillepalmdesert.com/
- Phone: (760) 779-9888
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Offsite or onsite catering available, with the menu of your choosing. For more information, please call 760.424-6176
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room for up to 36 guests, semi private for up to 100. Buyout of entire restaurant up to 240 guests
- Private Party Contact: Eric morcus 760 779 9888x
- Entertainment: Piano Bar, Live music most every night of the week!
- Special Events: Private Dining Room available. Please call 760.424-6176 for more information.
A word from Kaiser Grille Palm Desert
We offer California Happy Cuisine. Our affiliated restaurants are perenially voted Best Steaks in the Desert. Fine steaks and chops, butchered in-house and grilled the classic way, allowing flavors and tenderness to develop fully. We offer gluten-free options, fresh salads and vegetables, stone hearth pizzas, fresh pastas, steaks and wild/sustainable seafood.Continued
WINE CELLAR , FULL BAR, ENTERTAINMENT
WINE CELLAR , FULL BAR, ENTERTAINMENT
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Kaiser Grille Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Kaiser Grille Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)special occasion (44)fit for foodies (40)vibrant bar scene (30)good for groups (26)romantic (15)notable wine list (12)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Dinner with a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Antonio was an outstanding waiter. The follow up call was also a nice touch. All the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mickey30Dined on 11/21/2014Glad we gave it a try. Much better than the Chop House which was there prior. Much better vibe going on. Service was very friendly and welcoming. Food was very good and we will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The new Kaiser Grille Palm Desert is a gem!Luv2CuttlefishVIPDined on 11/20/2014We always liked the old Kaiser Grille in Palm Desert and was sad to see it close. This new Kaiser Grille opened in the same spot as the old Ruth Chris and they have kept much of the decor. It's a beautiful wood-paneled restaurant with attractive booths around the perimeter of the dining room. Like the Kaiser Grille in Palm Springs, the Palm Desert restaurant has a varied menu with lots of grilled meats and fish to chose from. We both had a hanger steak with fries which was prepared to perfection. My husband started with the chicken tortilla soup which was delicious and I had the traditional steakhouse salad wedge which did not disappoint. Our hanger steaks were prepared to perfection and the deserts were yummy. The service provided by Coreena was impeccable throughout, friendly and attentive but not intrusive. I suspect this will be one of our local go-to restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MattieVIPDined on 11/19/2014Looking forward to going back for dinner The waiter was great The food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressive.sylvillDined on 11/15/2014We were big fans of the Chop House and weren't sure what to expect at the new Kaiser Grille, but were pleasantly surprised. The ambiance was beautiful, and the food and service outstanding. We will definately be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ribeye was very average and not served hot.BillDined on 11/15/2014Ribeye steak was the quality you'd find in a grocery store IMO. I had high hopes for The KG but will probably not return and will stick with Sullivan's and LG's.
- CasparDined on 11/14/2014The food was excellent. I ordered a rib eye steak and it was cooked perfectly. The service was good but the noise level was high and too away from the whole dining experience . When I spend over $50. For dinner , I like to hear the conversation araound me. They had a man in the bar who played on his guitar . He wasn't very good . I won't be back anytime soon.Special Features:
- A big step down from the Chiop HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/13/2014We ate there on a Thursday night. They now only serve prime rib on weekends and the steak tasted like it had been frozen. My husband sent his back . He tried the pork chop which he said was delicious. The Chop House used to be our favorite place for special occasions but now it is quite ordinary. We'll try the restaurant in Palm Springs. The manager tried very hard to make sure we were taken care of.
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/13/2014both my wife and I had the ribs-they had no taste,were fatty and tough
- Nice addition to my restaurant list.NYStripperDined on 11/13/2014This was our first visit to The Kaiser Grille and we were very pleased with the experience, especially the service. Our waiter was spot on in every way. The quality of the food was very good, the spirits list was excellent, with good quality house brands. We will definitely return to try more of their offerings. We were very impressed that the restaurant even called after our visit to get a personal evaluation of our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodNewbiesDined on 11/9/2014We went to this restaurant when it was the Chop House and had a lovely time. Imagine our surprise when we went back to the Kaiser Grille and found the same great staff working there. Our waiter, Bryan, was great and the rest of the staff was friendly, professional and a pleasure to be with. And, the food is excellent. We will go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Kaiser GrillCWKnaussDined on 11/7/2014First timers at this newly remodeled Kaiser Grill. Food was appropriately priced, very tasty, good variety on the menu, fresh ingredients. Service also first rate. Only watch out: if you want conversation, ask to be seated on the Portola Street side, as sitting near the bar is noisy. Owner is "working on it", as it is very recently remodeled. Enjoyable evening overall.Special Features:
- Good Steak Dinnerbobbyb09VIPDined on 11/6/2014Daughter and I had dinner here last week. I had the NY Strip and she had the Rib-eye. Both were cooked perfectly as ordered and come with potato and vegetable. We each also had a caesar salad, which was very good. We have eaten here before when it was the Chop House (same restaurant group as Kaiser) and while still very good, the steak was a notch down from the Chop House quality. Still, it is a very good steak dinner for a reasonable price. Service was outstanding as bread and water were refilled when needed. The manager was also very friendly, checking on guests to see if anyone needed anything. I would recommend this for a nice dinner. Cost, including tax and tip was $104.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service from CoreenaajmbytheseaDined on 11/4/2014Coreena was fantastic! We had a guest join us after we had already ordered and she held our food so we could all eat together. She was very friendly and described the features perfectly! The food was very good and the service was even better. I would come again just to sit in Coreena's section! Thank you for being so nice! Brittany called us the next day to see how our experience was as well. Excellent customer service!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and friendlyhubbyandrosieDined on 11/2/2014My romantic anniversary dinner for two, ended in dinner for five with most of our adult children. The food was fresh and delicious, I had the cobb salad with salmon and my husband had the Mixed green salad also with salmon. The others in the party had different pasta dishes. The Apple Pie Cobbler is so yummy. But most of all we all felt very comfortable because the atmosphere is very friendly from the moment that you walk into the restaurant. Very pleasant dinning experience, thanks to all the staff that helped make our experience so nice .Special Features:
- Birthday CellebrationDesertguyDined on 11/1/2014Ever year I have my birthday dinner at one of the Kaiser Groups restaurants. NEVER disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindJustjoan47Dined on 11/1/2014Our first experience at Kaiser was very good. The food was delicious. The service was very good. We will visit this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Halloween DinnerMswfrogVIPDined on 10/31/2014As we have come to expect, Kaiser Grille was a great dinner spot. Food was delicious and the service outstanding. Special notice to Michael, the bartender who worked with my wife to concoct a special drink just for her. He said he made note of its recipe so on future visits we can get it again. Kaiser Grille was missed when they left Palm Desert a few years ago, but we're glad they returned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reminiscent of Hog's Breath LQposhpalateDined on 10/28/2014We were thrilled to return to La Quinta for the season and find so many of the staff from Hog's Breath LQ moved to the new Kaiser Grille in Palm Desert! This chef and his group are excellent and it was so nice to see so many familiar faces. Highly recommend the restaurant and wish them years of success in this new spot. Eric, the owner, obviously knows what he is doing and this is reflected in delicious food (the steaks are excellent) and the atmosphere relaxed and comfortable for all ages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing prime ribexperienceddiner62Dined on 10/25/2014The service was excellent, but only one of the four of us was pleased with out entrée. Two prime rib dinners were not very tasty and one was under-cooked. Desert and salad were very nice.Special Features:
- Dinner Review.BIGFELLOWDined on 10/18/2014This was a bad choice of restaurant. I am familiar with the Palm Springs restaurant. The enclosed nature of the Palm Desert branch makes for a very noisy atmosphere. The staff were attentive and the food good. Service was a little slow. My mistake in booking there.Special Features:
- Outstanding experience.cleardazedDined on 10/17/2014What a nice little gem. Food and service was top notch. My wife really enjoyed the jalapeno Margarita. The food was thoroughly enjoyed by us. Would highly recommend this to anyone in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/16/2014We were so fortunate to fall upon the Kaiser Grille in its new spot in Palm Desert. Dinner, atmosphere and service were fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm WelcomeScottyP69VIPDined on 10/16/2014Great service and super Stuffed Shrimp! We even stayed for desert... Very rare. Love the PS location... Happy to have them in Palm Desert!Special Features:
- Kaiser GrilleNickioVIPDined on 10/16/2014Food was excellent and the service was great! It was a pleasure dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014Excellent Meal, Service and atmosphere ! We will be back !Special Features:
- ElizaVIPDined on 10/13/2014The food was actually quite good, but the service was inconsistent and too many different servers asking the same questions. Horrible and this is our second time there with the exact same outcome. Mixed up orders, some served some waiting, etc., Horrible Horrible set up for waitstaff causing constant confusion. We probably won't go back...plus who wants to watch the traffic on 111. Is that supposed to be interesting?
- Mr. JMisterMarkDined on 10/11/2014Our first visit to the new Kaiser Grill after dining at the former Chop House at this same location for many years. The restaurant is now brighter with orange curtains/table cloths. The horseshoe booths were retained---nice seating. The service was excellent with Erik (owner) visiting twice for a nice chat. We took advantage of Sunset Dinner Menu as we arrived early. Stuffed sole and fettuccine w/spinach. I am sensitive to salt as I have Menieres Disease and the sole was a bit too salty but probably OK for those not on a low sodium diet.Special Features:
- Friday night light dinnerZolanytesDined on 10/10/2014We close salads - they were lovely, fresh and perfect. Kaiser Grille is consistently good and moderately priced.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/7/2014Food had improved 100% from the first visit. Will definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice redoSmittyDined on 10/3/2014Went their after the owners changed from Steak House to a proven winner, Kaiser Grille. Good quick and friendly service. Excellent menu selections. had White fish and one in our party had Pizza. Pizza was thin crust and very good. Prices are reasonable and we were checked on by busser and Manager as well as server. Would go back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy, noisy but funWendygrDined on 10/2/2014This restaurant has patio dining that sits right above the busiest street in Palm Desert. We ate here during the Thursday evening street fair, so the whole place had an atmosphere of 'fun dining' nothing too serious. One of us ordered the crab cake (delicious), the other had a steak sandwich with mushrooms and Gorgonzola cheese), good but the meat was a little tough in places. Still, we would go here again on our next trip through Palm Springs.Special Features:
- Great place!DTAPDined on 9/27/2014Happy hour was fun. Steve the bartender made our day fun. We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour is better than dinner...BeckieDined on 9/26/2014I would not recommend for dinner, it was extremely noisy and there were only 2 of us in a booth, when they re did the restaurant they removed all the carpeting so the sound has no where to go...the service was average and the food, well a steak is a steak and there was nothing special about it...the wedge salad was the exception...that I would order again, they bread was boring, the appetizer was OK, but I would not order the bruschetta again. I would go for happy hour and have the wedge and a glass of wine. They did bring a comp dessert becasue it was my birthday and that was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a special occasionstarfishVIPDined on 9/22/2014This was our first visit to the Kaiser Grille in Palm Desert. We enjoyed the atmosphere and had a great meal. It was my birthday and the staff treated me appropriately. I had the Lake Superior whitefish -- delicious! I will definitely visit this spot again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableAnneDined on 9/20/2014Food was absolutely terrific. We started with the Mediterranean pizza for an appetizer, it had a thin crust and delicious. I had a petite filet, medium rare and it was cooked perfectly and very tender. Two of her friends ordered the prime rib roast and it was cooked perfectly to their satisfaction. One of our friends ordered pasta and he said it was excellent. We highly recommend reservations as the place was packed when we arrived for our 6 o'clock reservation. They have a very good bar menu from 4 to 6 PM and when we walked in the bar was completely filled not open table insite. If you plan on eating in the bar either arrive very early or you will have to wait for a table if you're going to eat in the dining room make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desert ChiefDesertWitnessDined on 9/17/2014Still smarting from the loss of the Chop House which Kaiser replaced. Very evident the present manager is working very hard. This venue is a bit more noisey and a bit less intimate but as I said they are trying. The quality of meat seems to have stepped down a level but I may be mistaken as every NY steak is not great at times. The drinks are not quite to the level of those served at Cactus Jacks but the mixologist knows his craft. However, the level of service far exceeds that found in some of the other Kaiser family restaurants located in Indio.Special Features:
- New restaurant in townFoodie2Dined on 9/13/2014Our experience for dinner was very good. Most notable was the service from our waiter, Brian. He was wonderful. So friendly and accommodating. The food was yummy. Good selection on the menu. They also have good signature drinks.Special Features:
- Would Surely go backnancy7Dined on 9/12/2014First time ever at Kaiser Grille. There were 4 in or party, we all ordered something different, an all enjoyed our dinners very much. Service was Excellent. The place was pretty noisy, and our table was dark....but that's our only complaints. Would surely go back.
- Food was very averageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014The food was very average for the price. The Game Hen was not seasoned well and dry. The Wedge Salad decent, but the dressing was not good…almost sour. The shrimp cocktail was very average for $12. The White Fish was good and the beer was cold except they were out of our first selection.Special Features: