Kaiser Grille Palm Desert
74040 Highway 111
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Kaiser Grille Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kaisergrillepalmdesert.com/
- Phone: (760) 779-9888
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Offsite or onsite catering available, with the menu of your choosing. For more information, please call 760.424-6176
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room for up to 36 guests, semi private for up to 100. Buyout of entire restaurant up to 240 guests
- Private Party Contact: Eric morcus 760 779 9888x
- Entertainment: Piano Bar, Live music most every night of the week!
- Special Events: Private Dining Room available. Please call 760.424-6176 for more information.
A word from Kaiser Grille Palm Desert
We offer California Happy Cuisine. Our affiliated restaurants are perenially voted Best Steaks in the Desert. Fine steaks and chops, butchered in-house and grilled the classic way, allowing flavors and tenderness to develop fully. We offer gluten-free options, fresh salads and vegetables, stone hearth pizzas, fresh pastas, steaks and wild/sustainable seafood.Continued
WINE CELLAR , FULL BAR, ENTERTAINMENT
WINE CELLAR , FULL BAR, ENTERTAINMENT
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Kaiser Grille Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Kaiser Grille Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)special occasion (44)fit for foodies (41)vibrant bar scene (30)good for groups (27)romantic (15)notable wine list (12)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Food was very averageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014The food was very average for the price. The Game Hen was not seasoned well and dry. The Wedge Salad decent, but the dressing was not good…almost sour. The shrimp cocktail was very average for $12. The White Fish was good and the beer was cold except they were out of our first selection.Special Features:
- steveDined on 9/10/2014Although we enjoyed the food, our waitress was not up to your usual standards of wait staff. Her timing was poor, we had to wait too long to order, she was clearing plates while we were still eating. We were in the mid dining area, near the bar and the noise level made converssation impossible. That almost ruined the dining experience.
- Very Good RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The food was excellent. We were a party of four and everybody had an excellent meal. The waitress was extremely attentive and nice. She gave us plenty of time to review the menu and "chat" before we ordered. The manager came to our table to ask how we like our food. I really have no complaints. I will recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:
- Kaiser was wonderfulMediocerDined on 9/6/2014All three of us were very happy with the new Kaiser Grill in Palm Desert, great for bar and dinning. Excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- reviewrichardVIPDined on 9/3/2014Everything was just perfect. From the food to the service. We couldn't have asked for better.Special Features:
- Miss the Chop HousePleasedDined on 9/1/2014We enjoyed the Chop house for many years! but were pleasantly surprised by our first visit. The staff was very accommodating and the menu choices were great. We had the stuffed sole, and it was delicious. We will go back.Special Features:
- Cheery spot, worthy of repeat bizOverkaleVIPDined on 8/31/2014The mediterranean salad was very good and a nice, healthy option. I could taste the fresh mint and I think, maybe, basil. Husband's mojito was a little watered down, and I saw someone send back a drink for "fixing". I trust they'll work on this. I found the wine selection to be very nice and well edited. We had a booth with a people watching view, and the decor is very cheery and pleasant. Eager and attentive wait staff. I'll definitely come back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerMswfrogVIPDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful time at one of our favorites. Glad to have them back in Palm Desert. Wife had Mahi Mahi and I the mixed seafood grill. Well prepared and delicious. Service was fast and friendly and Eric Morcus, the owner, stopped by our table for a chat. We even received a follow up call a couple of days later to see if everything was OK. Great customer service. Open Table needs to correct their map, though. You show their location as one mile west of where they really are.Special Features:
- Fresh and healthy foodHealthyfoodieDined on 8/30/2014Kaiser Grille opened recently and the vibrant orange awnings announced the change we found inside. The interior decor was brightened up using current design features, colors and textures - very inviting. The menu is interesting using fresh clean ingredients, locally grown when possible, wild fish, etc. I very seldom order chicken anymore but took a chance - it was excellent. The kale salad was excellent also. I returned with friends a few nights later and had another outstanding experience. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RemodelRogerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Nice remodel, great menu, our waitress was unsure of herself, and did not know the bar very well, and has to look up soup of the daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!SueSDined on 8/29/2014We really enjoyed our evening! Food was excellent and the service impeccable! Wonderful Caesar salad, Fillet cooked perfect and loved the Chimchurri sauce. Thank you for a very nice time, we will be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good addition!oldschoolVIPDined on 8/29/2014Very nice menu, something for everyone! Busy for just opening without any advertising. The owner, Eric stopped at the table and was very interested in what we had to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great job on remodel Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Steak was perfect just like Chop House but I really need a BAKED POTATOE with my steak Just saying!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed our evening and Rick and our waitress did a wonderful job. Big thanks. The PaullsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing New!desertroseDined on 8/23/2014We tired the new location for the Kaiser Grille in Palm Desert. Service was slow, lots of staff running around but lack focus, direction and attention. Food was uneventful! Entrees lacked flavor and imagination and the veggies served lukewarm. Overpriced for this venue. Too bad the old Chop House had to close at this location. There are much better choices in the valley!
- Chop House with another name!DesertVIPDined on 8/20/2014If you feel that $100 for a meal for two without drinks, appetizers, or salads, but with a couple "chips" of "toasted" bread plus one scoop of mushy ice cream is a deal, then run to get here. Hopefully, you will be able to find a place to park your Bentley when you get there. If not, forget it and write if off as just another rip off and go to California Pizza Kitchen for some better food!
- birthday dinnerfrasiericeDined on 8/19/2014celebrated my husband's birthday here. great place! friendly staff, good service and the food was great! would come back again!Special Features:
- Miss not a hit.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014So looking forward to Kaiser Grille in Palm Desert. After being seated, there was no service. Waiters and waitresses kept walking by and no one acknowledged us, offered a drink, or even water. What, were we invisible? So far below our expectations on every level. Will not be returning any time soon. What a disappointment!
- The following 523 reviews are from the Kaiser Grille Palm Desert reviews archive.
- Place closed early on us!.TroutDined on 6/7/2014We arrived on time and we're informed by the staff staff that they closed early due to a lack of of customers. They should have called us.
- Chop Hse good byeDesertWitnessDined on 6/6/2014This location closing but I understand Chop Hse to open at Jackalope because they have two kitchens. This should be an interesting experiment. I've never been impressed with Jackalope except for appetizers and cocktails. HOPEFULLY they will bring the kitchen & wait staff along. The setting should be spectacular and if the resturant group keeps the same great quality food and service this should be a happy improvement. I do not think this move will improve the Jackalope experience. To do that you'd have to clone the kitchen staff (not to mention the buyer).Time will tell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsPDJudiDined on 6/1/2014This was a special occasion and they greeted us with a Happy Birthday and had a congratulatory card at the table. We love the ample booths and quiet ambience. The food and service are top notch.Special Features:
- Great food!AlwyzDined on 5/24/2014We used Open Table to get a reservation. We ordered the special and it was fabulous! Our waitress was great! We will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKHaydensgrandpyVIPDined on 5/24/2014Food good not great, service good not great, the restaurant is in need of a facelift. Augratin potatoes had no flavor at all.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeezyWeezyDined on 5/23/2014We had a lovely evening with friends. Great food, great service and we never felt rushed. We haven't been to the Chop House for a while. The last time we had problems with the food. Whatever they have done since the last visit is working. We will go back again soon!
- chop house deliversmegDusTVIPDined on 5/20/2014my husband & i had the most amazing dinner at chop house. i have a severe dairy allergy and bryan went above and beyond to take care of me. we ran the gamut; with starters, salads, entrees - to desserts, it was absolutely amazing! fantastic service, a definite must go. thank you to all at chop house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- staff reviewGIGIDined on 5/17/2014The hostess, waiters, manager were all very attentive and we enjoyed our dinner very much.Special Features:
- 1st Bad ExperienceLGCJVIPDined on 5/17/2014Had dinner on Saturday and our specialty salads were wrong and the entrees were terrible. We have been to the Chop House many times and always been happy with the food and service, but after we ate (and complained) the manager came over and explained they are getting ready to shut down for a "refresh" in a few weeks. Recommend you stay a way until they reopen in the fall!
- Under cooked lobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014Lobster was under cooked. For 45 buks you think they could get it right. I told the manager about it after dinner and he did nothing about it.
- Excellent steak houseJerryVIPDined on 5/14/2014We dined at Chop House for the first time because of their off season special menu which in our case consisted of soup or salad, a 6 oz. filet, and dessert. The Salad was good, the steak excellent and the chocolate mousse cake was to die for. Overall it was a great experience and a pleasant surprise. We wouldn't hesitate to return. They also have an all day happy hour with regular table seating in the bar which we are anxious to try.
- Celebrating our 50th AnniversaryDine4funDined on 5/7/2014We had been to the Chop House before and were thinking about celebrating our anniversary. We wanted to go somewhere that we hadn't been for a while and the Chop House was perfect. Jesus was our waiter and took great care of us. The food was terrific.....we had the escargot and oysters Rockefeller, which were delicious. The wedge salad and lobster bisque were next and then our entrees, which were the 6oz filet and the oscar special....both cooked perfectly. They were so kind to have a special anniversary dessert for us as well as an anniversary card signed by the staff. Very thoughtful.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MattieVIPDined on 4/24/2014The lobster tail was wonderful Had the best lamb chops Great waiterSpecial Features:
- Always a great restaurantSurfergirlDined on 4/20/2014The food is always wonderful here. I used to come on my birthday every year for the Chateaubriand which is served with bernaise and 2 side dishes. It was always a wonderful way to celebrate my birthday in this beautiful restaurant with its fabulous food. This year we went over Easter for the Filet and lobster "surf and tuf" which was excellent!Special Features:
- Stay far away from here; not good!ChestertonVIPDined on 4/18/2014We visited this restaurant because we were awarded a gift card. But even though the meal cost to us was very low as a result of the card, I must still report that the restaurant was below average, especially considering the plethora of good steakhouses in the area, among them national brands such as Morton's, Flemings and Ruth Chris, to name a few. The food was (far) below average, ranging from the bread to the mets and beyond. My advice on this restaurant: save your money. On a side note, this restaurant has a sister restaurant (among others) called Jackalope Ranch. That place was, quite frankly, among the worst restaurants I have ever been to. I think the owner of these area restaurants needs to get it together.
- Steaks were greatNaranjaVIPDined on 4/16/2014The steaks were excellent. Each of us ordered a filet prepared differently and each steak was perfect. The salads were all good and the drinks were wonderful. It was a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tiredMIkeDined on 4/11/2014The interior decor is tired and needs updating. This includes some broken inoperable drapes that are needed to prevent the sun form invading the dining areas after 4 PM. Looks like they have had some tough times. The attire allowed in the dining and bar area makes this look like and Applebees instead of a upscale steak house. Ugh!
- Our waitress, Jennifer, wasn'tJeffHVIPDined on 4/9/2014Our waitress, Jennifer, wasn't interested in our table. We had to get up and get her attention to order, ask for water refills, etc. Busboy only came by once to deliver the bread and never returned. Waitress had an "attitude". Steaks were moderately warm--not hot as if they had sat waiting for other food before they were delivered. Potatoes au gratin were not crispy on top--hadn't seen a broiler to crisp the cheese. Dessert--molten cake was burnt. Our previous experience was significantly different and why we returned. Not sure we will make a third visit.
- Snail slow serviceMarge4770Dined on 4/6/2014We arrived at 8pm on a Sunday night. There were only 4 other tables occupied at our time of arrival. We waited 7 minutes for the server to arrive. Didn't get bread until 14 minutes after that. Waited for the server to come back to take our order. Looking...looking...looking for our server..... Server seemed distracted and uninterested in our service. Food was OK. Service was dreadful.
- Good dinnergolfergirlVIPDined on 3/29/2014This was our second time eating here. We ate here on our last visit 3 years ago. Very good Prime Rib which was just what we wanted after a long day of travel. We will go back the next time we visit Palm Desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choice for SteaksCherBearDined on 3/29/2014Great food, great drinks, great house wine. It was a wonderful evening made even better by the great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.JettDined on 3/26/2014My steak house standard is Ruth's Chris and the Chop House was about 60%. Rib eye steak did not have nearly the flavor and was grisly. Onion rings tasted frozen. Creamed spinach and sautéed mushrooms were disappointing. Nothing was terrible but nothing was great either. Convenient location and a well run, civic minded local business.Special Features: