Kai - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort
5594 W. Wildhorse Pass Blvd
Chandler, AZ 85226Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $50 and over
Kai - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.wildhorsepassresort.com/
- Phone: 6023855726x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Reservations are strongly recommended.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Conor Favre
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: KAI announces a private transportation service. The Journey Class premier chauffeur service offers personal driver services safely to and from KAI Restaurant. As a guest of KAI, we want you to experience that personal service from the moment your night begins all the way through to its conclusion, adding a personal touch that is unmatched in our industry. This program launch will coincide with the first wine dinner and begins April 5. The cost is $60 round-trip (35 mile one-way limit) and includes up to 4 passengers. Reservations must be made at least 2 days in advance and can be made by calling 602-385-5726 or sending reservation request information to JourneyClassTransportation@Kai.com.
A word from Kai - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort
Recipient of the Coveted AAA Five Diamond Award and Forbes Five-Star Award, KAI, meaning 'seed' in the Pima language, features a menu rich in creativity, history and Native American culture. Executive Chef Conor Favre and Chef de Cuisine Joshua Johnson incorporate the essence of the Pima and Maricopa tribes and locally farmed ingredients from the Gila River Indian Community to create unforgettable masterpieces. KAI maintains a smart business casual dress code. It prohibits hats, denim, T-shirts and shorts for both ladies and gentlemen, including open-toed sandals for men. Dress hats for ladies are acceptable. As a courtesy to other diners, refrain from using cell phones and laptops in the dining room; all audio visual equipment are prohibited. Thank you in advance for respecting this as an elegant and discerning adults-only fine dining environment, recommended for guests over the age of 13.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Kai - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort - Best Restaurants in Chandler ›
Kai - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (54)romantic (45)fit for foodies (42)scenic view (36)notable wine list (27)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I loved it. The food was delicious. Every single bite! Loved it!Special Features:
- A Desert Jemlive2eatDined on 9/13/2014Loved, loved, loved the art that was the food. Everything was gorgeous, the ingredients were combined in unique ways, and the flavors were highly intense. There was a tribal flute player creating the musical backdrop which was both mysterious and melodious. The wait staff knew their products and delivered and cleared the whole table in one fell swoop. For my taste they hovered a bit and asked too often if everything was OK, but that was a minor distraction.Special Features:
- OutstandingphnxrthVIPDined on 9/13/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday here last night. It should be noted one couple may easily spend $300 for dinner here. This restaurant is actually worth it. Dining at Kai is an emotionally satisfying experience.Special Features:
- Phenomenal Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/9/2014The finest dining experience I have ever had. Their staff was thoughtful, poised and attentive. The food was inventive, delicious, and true to the Native inspiration they claim. A great deal of effort clearly goes into executing their outstanding vision - and the experience does not fail to impress. Admittedly very expensive, but worth every dollar for a meal that cannot be duplicated. Not a single detail went overlooked, from the dish placement to the wine selection, ambiance music in the restaurant to the chocolates placed in our car...perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerLove2dineDined on 9/3/20144 women were celebrating a special birthday. This was the perfect place to do so. The menu was outstanding, the service was terrific, and the food exploded our taste buds. If you want a fine dining experience in Chandler, please visit Kai. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW2PamperedDined on 9/2/2014We were celebrating our 24th anniv. The service staff were uniform in every move they made. Spotless restaurant and table. Food was innovative and delicious. Candies and water in our car when we left. I could just go on. Glad we allowed 3 1/2 to be pampered. Thank you so much. Deserve your 5 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceDiners2Dined on 8/29/2014We have been to Kai now twice. This was such an excellent dining experience and we loved our waiter Kevin. He is so knowledgable about the menu and has a passion for his job. This restaurant thinks of every possible detail and makes your visit so memorable that you want to visit often. If you love fine dining, then this is a must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb as always!JohnDined on 7/19/2014The experience at Kai is always incredible. The food changes, sometimes slightly, but always exciting and always fit for a foodie. The service is always top of the line. The only reason for four stars on ambience is due to the curtains being closed in the early evening because of the direct sun (which is hot!) Once the curtains open it is spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- isitdadsturntocookDined on 7/17/2014We have always done something special to celebrate our anniversary, but Kai exceeded all expectations and it even before we left, we considered it the best dining experience we had ever shared. The professional greeting, the exceptional service (thanks Jeremy & Joshua), to the unbelievable dining (beautiful presentations, unique regional flavors, great wine selection, and perfectly paced) and the ambiance that pulled it all together, made for a truly memorable evening. There are surprises awaiting throughout, but i heartily suggest you experience it for yourself and feel the same level of pampering that my wife and I shared. Truly a gift for the Valley that I encourage anyone who appreciates fine dining to add to their "must-do" listSpecial Features:
- Elegant unusual and funlockenvarDined on 7/12/2014Kai takes all the elements of a true fine dining experience and then infuses it with just enough of a Native American ethno-botanical influence to make it feel culturally relevant and interesting. They have struck the right balance of cultural respect for the indigenous ingredients without the actual menu creations becoming to weird or kitschy. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of this world food and servicewrldtravlrDined on 6/28/2014There were 4 of us that dined at Kai last Saturday and we are all in agreement that Kai has the best food and service in AZ. It is definitely a 5 star/5 diamond rating. Food was beyond amazing and service was impeccable. Love it when they bring our dishes in unison - no one had to wait for someone's dish. With that said, wish they would do something with the the room or restaurant itself. It's underwhelming - it felt like a conference room with a bunch of tables/chairs. It did improve once they open the windows but other than that, it's just ok. I am still rating this place as outstanding - the food and service fortunately makes up for a so-so ambience. We'll go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion PlaceDae75Dined on 6/27/2014Kai is a great place to celebrate special occasions -- a place where 'memories can be made'. We recently celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary there with our daughter and son-in-law who were visiting from out of town. We all had an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousShipsDined on 6/21/2014Kai is a totally wonderful experience. Feliciano guided us with wine and food suggestions for a truly memorable experience. Melt in your mouth lamb chops with unique embellishments. The meal was topped off with a Mexican chocolate souffle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingjkacherDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I agree: best dining experience either of us has ever had. Everything from service, presentation, and quality of food is top notch. What a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Our 25th Wedding anniversary and we could not have made it more memorable. Outstanding culinary experience. 'The Short Story' menu is special ... every bite was delectible. Jeremy and Robert and staff were wonderful. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!CeceDined on 6/19/2014We have been to Kai twice and both times the food and service were outstanding!! The food is delicious and is beautifully presented. Highly recommend the buffalo filet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014The Staff at Kai make every effort to assure that the dining experience is wonderful. Their knowledge of the complex menu and helpful approach made the night very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant!BillDined on 6/13/2014Food and service were both a cut above anything else in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. At waiter's recommendation, I had the Elk and it was wonderful. Our salads were great and my wife's fish was excellent. Expensive, but we will go there again. Servers spent more time with descriptions of food and restaurant surroundings than is typical, thus making things more interesting and meaningful. They were very attentive without ever being in the way. We were going to a show later that night, and the waiter made sure we were right on time. He showed he cared without ever being obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!NickDined on 6/11/2014The staff are friendly, efficient and attentive. The food is on outstanding work of culinary art! We are from Seattle and return to Kai any time that we are in the Phoenix area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014We had a reservation at 8p, arrived shortly before and was not seated until 8:20 which we were not really happy about after coming such a long way. Other than that everything was excellent. We had the Short Journey Tasting Menu. Everything was to perfection, all the flavors and textures. Just perfect. Service was excellent, would go again and recommend to friends. We had valet parked and upon returning to our car, had a thank you note, bottles of water along with chocolates waiting for our trip home.........wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restuarant!BobaDined on 5/29/2014Fantastic food and service. Since moving here from Virginia several years ago, this truly is the first restuarant that I have found that matches the food and service I have experienced from what I thought was the best restuarant I have even eaten in, which was The Inn in Little Washington in Washington, Virginia. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spotlive2eatDined on 5/28/2014brought our friends visiting from nj and had a great dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/27/2014Our fourth visit and we've never failed to be impressed. This time we were dining on a gift card which made it extra nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1075 reviews are from the Kai - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort reviews archive.
- Kai--one of the best meals ever!BonnieBVIPDined on 5/23/2014What a great meal-everything was amazing! The menu is unique which can sometimes mean disaster, so I was skeptical walking in. I had the buffalo and my husband had the elk---not a hint of gaminess in either dish. French techniques combined with Native American inspired flavors made for a delicious and memorable meal. Expensive, and worth every penny. The service was impeccable, but I have to say that I was put off by the pretentious manner of our server-taking on a strange speech affect when presenting the menu doesn't make your food any better or the restaurant any fancier. However there were little nice hospitality touches that did impress me, like the water and chocolates left in the car when we picked it up from the valet. A+Special Features:
- Keeps getting betterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014If you are a foodie this is a MUST. The service and ambience remains excellent. Dietary restrictions not a problem. The wait staff and kitchen were both knowledgeable and flexible. Mexican chocolate soufflé had just enough chile to get your attention. Lobster and foie gras appetizers were outstanding. Fun to have the waiter give a little history about the area and Pima and Maricopa tribes as well as learn about the local artist whose work decorates the walls and each menu. We were surprised with a cold bottle of water and chocolates waiting for each of us in our car. Nice touch since it is a long drive from east valley but so worth it!Special Features:
- WOW FACTORBBBBDined on 5/20/2014Everything about the experience here is over the top.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/20/2014We always bring guests from out of town here. Everyone has been dazzled by the food, service and ambience! The wait staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. Our favorite place to dine in the Phoenix area by far!!! Almost as good as the food and service is the "treat" you find in your car upon leaving. Do yourself a favor and valet your car if you drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe the BestKigiinDined on 5/17/2014It might be the best restaurant I have ever experienced. Food was unbelievable, having it all: uniqueness, presentation, unusual ingredients, and of course flavor. Service was first class, despite the wait staff being fairly young. Matter of fact I told my wife prior to getting dinner started I would be surprised if the service (by these younger adults) would meet the expectations of the reviews - I was clearly wrong. My only (minor) criticism was that the decor of the restaurant could use some updating. There was nothing wrong with it, except it didn't match the food and the service.Special Features:
- Kai has gotten betterProfTimDined on 5/17/2014It may be heresy but I am convionced Kai has actually gotten better. We had an amazing dining experience. The menu remains adventurous and the execution is outstanding. The Valley is lucky to have a national caliber restaurant like this. The buffalo, the lamb, the exciting and imaginative appetizers were all delicious. I simply run out of superlatives. Despite the high tab I considered it a true value. And, I believe the portions are larger.Special Features:
- Best in the ValleybinaroundDined on 5/16/2014Kai serves the best food we've eaten in Metro Phoenix and some of the best anywhere, including France and Italy. Expensive, but worth every penny.Special Features:
- A unique and special placePKFoodieVIPDined on 5/16/2014We had a wonderful gourmet tasting menu accompanied by a lovely sunset view. They keep the curtains closed until the sun nears the horizon outside west-facing windows, making the rooms seem dark and gloomy initially. However, if you time your meal to span the sunset hour, the view is an addition reward on top of outstanding food. We did the short tasting menu and each course was excellent. Wine pairings were very good but not outstanding. The chef does an excellent job of blending Native American flavors and ingredients into French-influenced preparations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as expectedlive2eatDined on 5/15/20144+ stars except for a small service problem, not a big deal but kind of weird at the time. just a great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TreatWesleyVIPDined on 5/14/2014Don't miss this opportunity to go from Birth, Beginning to Journey at KIA, they don't miss a beat , food, service and attention to detail make this a great treat Elk unbelievable Wine decanters Reidel's best Expensive but worth the JourneySpecial Features:
- Incredible!ellaroo8Dined on 5/10/2014Anticipation was high as it had been on my list of restaurants for 3 years. It did not disappoint, rather exceeded all expectations. From the initial greet to the final thank you it was a sheer delight of food and service. Could not recommend higher!Special Features:
- Believe the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2014Just as portrayed. Expensive.....and awesome. Worth the splurge.Special Features:
- Favorite DiningMyKaiDined on 5/9/2014Once a year we dine at Kai. It is my husband's most favorite place. This year it was his 75th Birthday, so very special. The entire evening was a dining experience we will not forget.Special Features:
- The finest in the Valley!RoadkingVIPDined on 5/2/2014Without a doubt, the best dining experience in Phoenix. Great service, fabulous food and a great view. I have tried Kai a number of time and it is still great. HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommended.Special Features:
- A unique dining experienceBCTCDined on 4/26/2014My husband and I celebrated my birthday at Kai. It was truly a one of a kind dining experience. You are taken on a culinary journey that engages all of your senses. The service is exceptional with the entire staff ensuring that you feel special and welcome. The menu is unique and each dish prepared with the local ingredients at the forefront. We were very impressed. The elk loin was amazing. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Service Outshines FoodAnkleDocDined on 4/25/2014The service was impeccable led by head waiter, Robert Lamoureux. We ordered the "Short Story" tasting menu paired with the wines. Everything started off wonderfully - the Amuse, pumpkin & squash puree, Loup de Mer (seafood entrée), and grilled tenderloin of tribal buffalo were all spectacular, flavorful creations. We felt though that the meal then sank downhill. The cheese offerings were uninspired and the pear creation served for dessert was boring, uncreative, and flavorless. The wine pairings were good, although not unique. Kai is a great place for a memorable meal with the one you love! I hope the chef works to improve the artisan cheeses and desserts, as a memorable meal should have a memorable finish!Special Features:
- Excellent dining experiencePaulaNDined on 4/25/2014My husband and I and two friends had the most delightful evening at Kai. The food was superb and was only surpassed by the knowledgeable, attentive wait staff. The entire experience was impressive from the greeting as you entered the restaurant to the farewells from the car valet. There is not doubt that this is truly a well deserved five star restaurant! We all plan to visit Kai again at our earliest opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.