Kai - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort
5594 W. Wildhorse Pass Blvd
Chandler, AZ 85226Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $50 and over
Kai - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.wildhorsepassresort.com/
- Phone: (602) 385-5726
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Reservations are strongly recommended.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Conor Favre
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: KAI announces a private transportation service. The Journey Class premier chauffeur service offers personal driver services safely to and from KAI Restaurant. As a guest of KAI, we want you to experience that personal service from the moment your night begins all the way through to its conclusion, adding a personal touch that is unmatched in our industry. This program launch will coincide with the first wine dinner and begins April 5. The cost is $60 round-trip (35 mile one-way limit) and includes up to 4 passengers. Reservations must be made at least 2 days in advance and can be made by calling 602-385-5726 or sending reservation request information to JourneyClassTransportation@Kai.com.
A word from Kai - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort
Recipient of the Coveted AAA Five Diamond Award and Forbes Five-Star Award, KAI, meaning 'seed' in the Pima language, features a menu rich in creativity, history and Native American culture. Executive Chef Conor Favre and Chef de Cuisine Joshua Johnson incorporate the essence of the Pima and Maricopa tribes and locally farmed ingredients from the Gila River Indian Community to create unforgettable masterpieces. KAI maintains a smart business casual dress code. It prohibits hats, denim, T-shirts and shorts for both ladies and gentlemen, including open-toed sandals for men. Dress hats for ladies are acceptable. As a courtesy to other diners, refrain from using cell phones and laptops in the dining room; all audio visual equipment are prohibited. Thank you in advance for respecting this as an elegant and discerning adults-only fine dining environment, recommended for guests over the age of 13.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Kai - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort - Best Restaurants in Chandler ›
Kai - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (68)romantic (50)fit for foodies (49)scenic view (42)notable wine list (36)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (7)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Outstanding ExperienceFoodEnthusiastDined on 11/13/2014My wife and I were in Phoenix for the weekend and the Zagat ratings for Kai caught our eye. The restaurant is inside a beautiful resort on the Reserve with a great view of the hills. We arrived just before dark and saw an amazing AZ purple sunset from our mountain view table. We started with a couple of cocktails from the bar. The first set was a specialty drink from their extensive cocktail menu and the second was a good old fashioned Vodka martini and both were very good. The menu is like nothing I have ever scene. There were at least 10 different things that caught our eye. After a little deliberation we decided to go with the 13 course "Journey Tasting Menu" and a bottle of Brunello. Each course was as delicious as the next. The Elk and the Fois Gras were by far the best I have ever had. The chef uses local grains and produce from around the area and some how has figured out a way to deliciously blend these into each course. The greens between the meat dishes were packed with variety and complex flavors that frankly defy explanation. The price point is indeed high, especially for the tasting menu, but it was a night to remember and has set the bench mark for us with respect to Fine Dining. The food, Decor and Service ratings on Zagat were each 29 out of 30 and were well deserved. Our waiter, Kevin was very good and did a fine job of summarizing the history of the area and the explaining the local ingredients blended into each course. Nothing short of spectacular, however be prepared to invest in the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in ArizonaFinikyDined on 11/12/2014This was one of my top ten ever dining experiences. Real fois gras, elk that was flavorful and perfectly cooked. Each course had a combination of flavors that were magical. Service was flawless but friendly. Everything I had heard about Kai as a destination restaurant proved accurate; it is as good as the best in New York or Paris. It is very expense, and not conveniently located but I am looking forward to the next reason to celebrate there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the experienceChuckZDined on 11/11/2014Food was excellent but you pay for it. Everything had a story (menus, food sources, presentation, etc) so you can go for the whole experience and get the history, culture, symbolism of everything served (may be over the top pretentious to some) or just enjoy the food, which is unlike any we've encountered elsewhere in PHX.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good experienceCarolynDined on 11/8/2014As many times that we have been to Kai, am glad to report consistency as always being really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among best food & service anywhereMichaelMVIPDined on 11/7/2014Dined here twice during a conference. The food and service are among the very best I have ever experienced! Wow! Deserves its five star rating. Only thing I would change to reach perfection is dim the lighting and turn down the music. Everything else is truly exceptional. Staff is incredible and so is the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Experience EverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014I have just one thing to say, Absolutely The Best Dining Experience I Have Ever Had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed and wowed!LovefoodDined on 11/5/2014The food was spectacular, it was beautiful and delicious. What an amazing dining experience. The most creative combinations I've ever experienced. Chef left no stone unturned, a true food artist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and sevice are excellent.AllyDined on 11/1/2014I brought my boyfriend for the first time who seemed uncomfortable with the over-the-top technicalities of the sevice. I found the atmosphere romantic and enjoy being pampered while I eat. I guess it's not for everyone. Though we both agree the food was by far, the best we have ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining Experience by far!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014You are truly treated like a VIP at Kai. We were addressed by name and felt so welcomed by the staff. The server Jeremy was very knowledgeable and recommended a great dish, the buffalo. The surprise small dishes were a treat and since we were there for our anniversary, they included a dessert with happy anniversary written in chocolate. The server assistant Michael was also very professional and friendly. From the food to the service to the ambiance, Kai is by far the best dining experience we have ever had. It was a nice touch that upon leaving our car had bottled water, a personalized card from the server, and chocolates waiting for us inside. We were so thrilled with this experience and will definitely be visiting Kai again.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysGigglesVIPDined on 11/1/2014This is our favourite restaurant in Arizona. We have never had one bad thing to say about this restaurant and any time we have brought family and friends they rave about Kai to everyone.Special Features:
- RnR1103Dined on 10/31/2014Everything was superb, from entering and leaving the restaurant. Our server, Kevin and Joshua was great!!! This our fourth time here in Kai and we love it. Thank you Kai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FancyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014I would only go again if I received another giftcard, while the food was good, the restaurant was elegant and the service was good, it was very fancy and expensive.Special Features:
- AnniversaryGregDined on 10/29/2014My wife and I celebrated the 50th anniversary of our meeting at a homecoming event as college students. The attention KAI staff paid to our celebration was remarkable. In addition to the fine food, service, and ambience, after dinner we found a box of chocolate, a congratulatory card, and bottles of water in our car at the valet. Very nice touch.Special Features:
- Incredibly Spectacular!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Eating at Kai was an incredible experience from start to finish! The food was amazing and beautiful. The service was spectacular! The atmosphere was poetic. Thank you so much team Kai!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best !!!!TastepatrolDined on 10/28/2014It was an incredible experience. We went there for my boy friends birthday.. The staff was welcoming and very professional .. The food was unbelievable . We did the tasting journey with wine pairing .. Yummy.. Every sample was unique and delicious ... It was expensive but it was worth it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid!FantasticDined on 10/25/2014Superb! We had a splendid time celebrating my birthday with our son and his wife. Everything was amazing! My son was especially amazed by the outstanding service the entire Kai staff provided. Kai will never disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!IronsFamilyDined on 10/24/2014From the gracious welcome by the hostess, to the courteous and well informed wait staff, our visit to Kai was markedly a cut above your typical resort dinner. The service is unobtrusively choreographed so everyone at the table is served simultaneously, the flatware for each course is set either hot or cold as required, and no glass ever falls less than half full. And the food.... Exquisite. Even for us, people who grow and eat almost exclusively heirloom, organic produce and herbs fresh from our own gardens, the flavours, combinations and variety was exceptional. We ordered the tasting menu and highly recommend it! But be advised, you best be hungry! It's a lot of food and you will be loathe to leave anything on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccablenuravebrainwaveVIPDined on 10/18/2014Best meal we have ever had. Everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerAhc2014Dined on 10/4/2014Absolutely beautiful dinner. The waiters, the hostess, and all restaurant staff were extremely professional, elegant. Our waiter was knowledgable about the menue and history of the food, and the locality. A great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite dining experienceFan4lifeDined on 10/3/2014If you desire an outstanding meal, served by a professional wait staff then Kai is the place to go. From the moment you enter the restaurant you are treated as royalty. The menu is unique and filled with exciting options. The waiters know the menu and are able to explain everything in detail. The food is presented beautifully and is perfectly prepared. This is a once in a lifetime dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOldiesbutfoodiesDined on 10/3/2014It was our first time at Kai. From the moment we arrived to the time our valet opened the car door, everything was perfect. We both enjoyed "stepping out of the box" during our food adventure. My bison was fork tender and my husbands elk was superb! We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- RemarkableRobLDined on 9/27/2014I read about Kai in Phoenix Magazine and made reservations for an anniversary dinner for my wife and I. It was a tour of exquisite dishes, prepared wonderfully, while coupling in desert ingredients and flavors that are completely novel in everyday cuisine. Jeremy was superb in leading the service staff. We were pampered throughout our meal, taking occasional moments to enjoy the sunset over the mountains and then the lightning periodically igniting the clouds as night took over. From amuse to the tribal buffalo and duck to the desserts, it's a meal my wife and I agreed we will remember across the years ahead.Special Features:
- KateDined on 9/26/2014Everything was just as expected but it Did not feel romantic at all. The best part was service.Special Features:
- Delicious and wonderful!AnneODined on 9/24/2014The meal was simply lovely. The service was attentive and comprehensive. The service staff knew the menu and were able to describe the food, in detail as it was delivered. We each had appetizers ~ Mine moved as the cheese/sauce thing melted over the hot escargot. Simply yummy! The sherbet palate cleanser was delicious (you should sell those cute nest egg things ~ they are gorgeous!) We shared a HUGE steak (two women) which still I brought some home. Desert was a lovely fruit plate with honey and dried raspberry dust. Who knew there was honey and raspberry dust?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience!JenjenDined on 9/24/2014This restaurant is top notch! Best meal my husband and I have ever had. Everything is beautiful, the restaurant, the food, and the staff is so polite and attends all your needs. Went here for our 10 year anniversary, it was perfect! They even sent up a box of chocolates with a handwritten note to our room afterward (we stayed at the hotel also), just to thank us for coming. So sweet!Special Features:
- LainieDined on 9/20/2014I loved it. The food was delicious. Every single bite! Loved it!Special Features:
- A Desert Jemlive2eatDined on 9/13/2014Loved, loved, loved the art that was the food. Everything was gorgeous, the ingredients were combined in unique ways, and the flavors were highly intense. There was a tribal flute player creating the musical backdrop which was both mysterious and melodious. The wait staff knew their products and delivered and cleared the whole table in one fell swoop. For my taste they hovered a bit and asked too often if everything was OK, but that was a minor distraction.Special Features:
- OutstandingphnxrthVIPDined on 9/13/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday here last night. It should be noted one couple may easily spend $300 for dinner here. This restaurant is actually worth it. Dining at Kai is an emotionally satisfying experience.Special Features:
- Phenomenal Restaurant!ABRoberts21Dined on 9/9/2014The finest dining experience I have ever had. Their staff was thoughtful, poised and attentive. The food was inventive, delicious, and true to the Native inspiration they claim. A great deal of effort clearly goes into executing their outstanding vision - and the experience does not fail to impress. Admittedly very expensive, but worth every dollar for a meal that cannot be duplicated. Not a single detail went overlooked, from the dish placement to the wine selection, ambiance music in the restaurant to the chocolates placed in our car...perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerLove2dineDined on 9/3/20144 women were celebrating a special birthday. This was the perfect place to do so. The menu was outstanding, the service was terrific, and the food exploded our taste buds. If you want a fine dining experience in Chandler, please visit Kai. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW2PamperedDined on 9/2/2014We were celebrating our 24th anniv. The service staff were uniform in every move they made. Spotless restaurant and table. Food was innovative and delicious. Candies and water in our car when we left. I could just go on. Glad we allowed 3 1/2 to be pampered. Thank you so much. Deserve your 5 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceDiners2Dined on 8/29/2014We have been to Kai now twice. This was such an excellent dining experience and we loved our waiter Kevin. He is so knowledgable about the menu and has a passion for his job. This restaurant thinks of every possible detail and makes your visit so memorable that you want to visit often. If you love fine dining, then this is a must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1092 reviews are from the Kai - Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort reviews archive.
- Superb as always!JohnDined on 7/19/2014The experience at Kai is always incredible. The food changes, sometimes slightly, but always exciting and always fit for a foodie. The service is always top of the line. The only reason for four stars on ambience is due to the curtains being closed in the early evening because of the direct sun (which is hot!) Once the curtains open it is spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- isitdadsturntocookDined on 7/17/2014We have always done something special to celebrate our anniversary, but Kai exceeded all expectations and it even before we left, we considered it the best dining experience we had ever shared. The professional greeting, the exceptional service (thanks Jeremy & Joshua), to the unbelievable dining (beautiful presentations, unique regional flavors, great wine selection, and perfectly paced) and the ambiance that pulled it all together, made for a truly memorable evening. There are surprises awaiting throughout, but i heartily suggest you experience it for yourself and feel the same level of pampering that my wife and I shared. Truly a gift for the Valley that I encourage anyone who appreciates fine dining to add to their "must-do" listSpecial Features:
- Elegant unusual and funlockenvarDined on 7/12/2014Kai takes all the elements of a true fine dining experience and then infuses it with just enough of a Native American ethno-botanical influence to make it feel culturally relevant and interesting. They have struck the right balance of cultural respect for the indigenous ingredients without the actual menu creations becoming to weird or kitschy. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of this world food and servicewrldtravlrDined on 6/28/2014There were 4 of us that dined at Kai last Saturday and we are all in agreement that Kai has the best food and service in AZ. It is definitely a 5 star/5 diamond rating. Food was beyond amazing and service was impeccable. Love it when they bring our dishes in unison - no one had to wait for someone's dish. With that said, wish they would do something with the the room or restaurant itself. It's underwhelming - it felt like a conference room with a bunch of tables/chairs. It did improve once they open the windows but other than that, it's just ok. I am still rating this place as outstanding - the food and service fortunately makes up for a so-so ambience. We'll go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion PlaceDae75Dined on 6/27/2014Kai is a great place to celebrate special occasions -- a place where 'memories can be made'. We recently celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary there with our daughter and son-in-law who were visiting from out of town. We all had an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousShipsDined on 6/21/2014Kai is a totally wonderful experience. Feliciano guided us with wine and food suggestions for a truly memorable experience. Melt in your mouth lamb chops with unique embellishments. The meal was topped off with a Mexican chocolate souffle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingjkacherDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I agree: best dining experience either of us has ever had. Everything from service, presentation, and quality of food is top notch. What a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Our 25th Wedding anniversary and we could not have made it more memorable. Outstanding culinary experience. 'The Short Story' menu is special ... every bite was delectible. Jeremy and Robert and staff were wonderful. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.