Kabuto Japanese Steakhouse - Lake Norman
16516 Northcross Drive
Huntersville, NC 28078Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Kabuto Japanese Steakhouse - Lake Norman
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kabutolakenorman.com/
- Phone: 7046550077
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We will be honored to cater your special event. Our Sushi, Hibachi and Asian Kitchen platters are perfect for any indoor and outdoor event. Please contact email@example.com for info.
- Private Party Facilities: We welcome private parties of all sizes.
- Private Party Contact: Megan Tan 7046550077
- Entertainment: Our skilled hibachi chefs are trained to perform tricks such as the Mount Fuji, slicing and dicing food in the air and etc....
A word from Kabuto Japanese Steakhouse - Lake Norman
Kabuto Lake Norman is an upscale restaurant offering 3 cuisines -- fine Japanese hibachi, sushi, and Asian fusion -- serving fresh sushi, seafood and steak, and a variety of Asian fusion dishes, hence, making us the most popular steakhouse in the Lake Norman area. Our freshest ingredients and homemade sauce combined with highly skilled hibachi chefs are trained to entertain you and your party. We also offer great selection of Asian menu; Thai Curry is among the most popular menu item. Our skilled sushi chef offers a variety of sushi rolls, sashimi and specialty rolls. Our Our full bar carries a variety of alcoholic drinks to bring your dining experience to the next level. With so many items to chooose from, we are perfect for date nights, proms, wedding or any corporate parties. Entertaining since 2001, we are located in Huntersville on Exit 25 off I-77 and open 7 days a week for dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kabuto Japanese Steakhouse - Lake Norman reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/27/2013The food was great. The restaurant was freezing, without heat. We were seated at a table by ourselves when there was an open table hat had not started being served with only 3 people. After moving ourselves twice, we asked the could we be seated at a different table in the center of the restaurant or even join the group of 3 but we had 2 waitress flat out tell us NO! When we asked for the manager he was great and accommodated by moving us as we asked to a warmer spot. The waitress was not attentive and acted more like she did not want to be bothered with us. Love Kabutos and eating out but this service was a deal breaker for me. Also, there was no flavored Sake and no chocolate cake or fried ice cream. Not the evening I expected!
- PASS this one upOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/27/2013For restaurant week the food cost more than usual at this place, there was nothing special and the menu items for a first seating were "sold out" already (e.g. you pay the 3 course menu price and they have to substitute dessert for a scoop of icecream! The restaurant was so cold all of us, children too, ate in winter coats and the waiter we had did not succeed in anything but rushing us through the meal and was not attentive except for drink refills. He actually asked if we wanted our food boxed just as we were being served! Unfortunatley too, as with many Hibatchi places, there is always the one chef that is the least interesting, hardly engaged...so to make matters worse, we got him as well :( This was our first time here & won't retur
- 1st time to Kabutos and wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/20131st time to Kabutos and was prompted to go because it was on the list of 'Restaurant Week'. Staff entertaining, energetic and fun! Food was plentiful and tasty. Very good value (including glass of wine with each entree, which most restaurants do not include)!Special Features:
- They were backed, so we hadSundayBrunchersDined on 1/18/2013They were backed, so we had to wait and wait for our table. Our waiter took our drink order and never returned. The rice was a mix of cooked and raw ! I am not sure if any of us will return to the restaurant. Our experience was NOT worth the $40 we each paid.Special Features:
- very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013I had a 7pm reservation. We were seated at 7:10. 55 minutes later our order was taken. They were out of one of the appetizers that we ordered so instead of asking what we wanted instead they just brought something else without even telling us they were out. Everyone' s salad came out except mine.They did bring me some dressing, but no salad and never came back with it.Our drinks were never refilled. The waitress didn't seem to care nor did the manager when we spoke to her. The entire experience was one thing after another gone wrong and after driving 1 hour to go there for my anniversary-needless to see I was very disappointed. Will never go there again.
- decent place but not when busychriscotVIPDined on 12/31/2012we've been here a few times and normally thngs are ok as the kids really enjoy the chefs hibachi pres. however, this night was totally overbooked. mgmt didnt seem to care that folks waiting times were completely excessive. even with a resvtn we had to wait an hour. other folks waited 90 minutes or more. when we were finally seated the server literally forgot EVERYTHING we told him. he didnt write anything down and was clearly overworked. he kept apologizing but after 2 more hours patience runs thin. all in all it was a 3 hour dinner.since i ordered sushi which is prepared in the kitchen, my order was forgotten twice and i received the order somewhere around the 2 and one-half hour mark. they also charged double for my kids rice to shareSpecial Features:
- Overall great experience butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/22/2012Overall great experience but the food was lacking seasoning...great show though!!!Special Features:
- nice place...the kids reallychriscotVIPDined on 11/18/2012nice place...the kids really enjoy the hibachi chef presentation, including the firey volcano!!Special Features:
- Where is the bill???OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/27/2012So sorry to see that this restaurant has truly gone downhill. Great meal, then....Waited for over 30 minutes for bill..eventually meal was free, because they could never get the bill out to us, even after consulting with manager and going into the kitchen to find out the problem.Special Features:
- Early Bird- great $, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2012We were in the area and decided to stop in for an early dinner and take advantage of "early bird" specials. For $7.95 we had hibachi chicken plus rice, noodles, vegetables (mushrooms with the chicken plus onion and zucchini), soup and salad. It was a great deal and everything was coooked perfectly. It is often harder to provide outstanding service when you are really slow (since it was so early in the evening) however everyone took great care to exceed our expectations from the second we walked in to the second we walked out. Thank you1Special Features:
- The cook was great, but theMandVVIPDined on 8/11/2012The cook was great, but the rest of service was lacking.
- Crying ChildOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2012It was my birthday & reservations were made. We had to call & adjust the reservations due to 2 of my guests traveling so far & running late; this was our fault not the restaurant's. However, I asked specifically to not be seated with crying babies/loud children. Exactly what happened!!! Requiring us to have to move, which made us run really behind on time leaving for a show to see JAMES GREGORY at the Music Factory, which were birthday tickets as a gift. It is sad that "all" the Japenese Steakhouse's used to be an upscale place to eat, now you have small kids crying and screaming, as well as, men wearing white t-shirts. It has sure changed! I appreciate the manager offering us a bottle of wine as a nice gesture of all the trouble.Special Features:
- Fun family dinnerCiCiVIPDined on 7/6/2012The grill at this Japanese steakhouse was great fun for the whole family! The staff was very friendly and quite prompt. The table chef did an exceptional job entertaining the table. The food was quite good, and there was plenty of it. We will return!Special Features:
- Kabuto is consistently goodpmpearsonVIPDined on 7/5/2012Kabuto is consistently good and the chef here did not disappoint at this birthday celebration. Plenty of food for the heavy eaters, and the rest of us left satisfied and with leftovers for lunch the next day!Special Features:
- great evening out with the kids!chriscotVIPDined on 6/24/2012Great food and presentation at hibachi. We brought our two kids and they had a blast! Their favorite was the chef doing the flaming 'volcano' out of the onion. They had a smaller scale version of the hibachi for the kids menu which enables them to participate in the whole presentation. Staff was very friendly.Special Features:
- Always a good experience.NickT55VIPDined on 5/13/2012Always a good experience. Having been here many times over the last few years I appreciate how each chef has his own take on the 'standard'credit hibachi elements but also adds their own personal flair. Great with a group or as a couple, with kids or without.Special Features: