Kabuki Japanese Restaurant - Tempe
2000 E Rio Salado Parkway
Tempe, AZ 85281Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Kabuki Japanese Restaurant - Tempe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kabukitempe.com/
- Phone: 4803509160
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Masa Kurihara
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kabuki Japanese Restaurant - Tempe
Kabuki Japanese Restaurant, the folks that make Japanese cuisine for all walks of life. Never tried sushi and Japanese cuisine? Visit Kabuki and we promise you"ll walk out hooked on our food. That’s what we do best; making non-believers into believers that Japanese cuisine is the new comfort food. When you walk into a Kabuki Japanese Restaurant, you won’t be overwhelmed with Asian decor and soft slow music. What you will encounter is a fun, casual atmosphere with our friendly staff welcoming you through the doors. Our food and beverages are passionately crafted by two gentlemen who are dedicated to providing you the best in Japanese cuisine as well as spreading the culture of Japanese dining to our guests. The tireless efforts of Executive Corporate Chef Masa Kurihara and Master Sake Sommelier Yuji Matsumoto are aimed to attain total satisfaction from you. They will be heart-broken if you feel otherwise. We look forward to serving you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kabuki Japanese Restaurant - Tempe reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)special occasion (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Best Sushi in TempeGlendaleATILuv2GrubVIPDined on 7/29/2014This is the place to be if you are looking for the best selection of Sushi in Tempe. If you want fresh fish, good service and creative rolls for your meal, this is the place to go! Being an avid Sushi afficanado, having spent time on the docks in Tokyo, sushi school and dining every week, I'm a "non professional" expert when it comes to any matter involving "eating" and "sushi!"Special Features:
- Great PlaceQueenVenusDined on 7/24/2014Our waitor was excellent. Mike keep up the great work. We are definitely visiting again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Variety is keyVarietyDined on 6/15/2014At Kabuki there is a little of something for everyone. I visited twice last month, once with vegan relatives who were able to find something as well as fish lovers who had many choices.Special Features:
- best I've had in a long timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Food was good enough for me to advertise on my Twitter and instagram pagesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 47 reviews are from the Kabuki Japanese Restaurant - Tempe reviews archive.
- JUST GREAT !mikiejlewDined on 3/25/2014this was our second time,and once again we were very happy . we had a party of 6 , so cocktails ,lots of sushi and everything was brought in a timely manner. its a great place for large parties or just two. great sushi ! i would recommend this restaurant to anyone !Special Features:
- Kabuki is a gem!MeiCVIPDined on 3/20/2014I was very impressed with my dining experience at Kabuki. The service was great and food came quickly. I had ordered the Deluxe Omakase and it was very delicious. Definitely will return to this restaurant in the future :)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No "open table" when we arrivedDissapointedDined on 3/6/2014We made a reservation for 6 people about 1 hour before we planned to arrive on a Thursday night. When we arrived we were told that we hadn't made our reservation at least 4 hours in advance and "there are other people ahead of you". I explained and showed the hostess our e-mail confirmation. She said "sorry" there are other people ahead of you at this time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it. Only have been thereGaryDined on 2/16/2014Love it. Only have been there twice (since we were only visiting that area twice in the last year). Excellent food, great service, lots of choices. Great sake!Special Features:
- Great price!EluqVIPDined on 2/9/2014Can beat good food for a decent price. This is your place. Walking around Tempe Marketplace after lunch was also super pleasant. Can go wrong with Kabuki. Cheers
- Got there before happy hourJlouDined on 1/23/2014Got there before happy hour ended and was able to get a couple of things at reduced prices which was nice. The happy hour menu included beer and wine. I had the wine, don't know what label it was but it was very nice. We ordered rolls after sitting there for quite a while and they were all very good. Unfortuneately, most of them were on the very spicy side so be careful what you order. Everyone else at the table loved them, they were just a little spicy for me. Will definitely go back and certainly for happy hour. 3:00 - 6:00Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service were goodRisingstockDined on 12/9/2013We have eaten here a few times and the food and service are consistently good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A casual alterative to RaFishLover007Dined on 11/24/2013Nice, airy environment. Liked having a booth--- comfortable seating. Fast service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnereatingwithkidsDined on 11/11/2013Our family of 6 went to Kabuki on a Monday night to celebrate our daughter's birthday. We were happy with the extensive menu and our 3 boys loved the choices on the kids menu. The kids meals filled them up and they had enough to enjoy an after school snack the next day. We were disappointed they don't offer anything when celebrating a birthday however. After spending over $100, maybe throw in a free dessert for the birthday girl.Special Features:
- Great Open Table doesnt applylAOTIANdADDined on 11/3/2013Nice Japanese style food, with a Fusion quality to it, theres a sushi bar.. but this service Open table doesnt taker reservations on Saturday night, wonderful so i defeats the purpose of this srvice.Special Features:
- great food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/3/2013Usually go there for lunch but have done dinner a few times. Great food and atmosphere. Very fresh sushi and never had a meal that was not really tasty and good! Great chicken teriyaki, Chilean sea bass and seafood salads!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tempe's best sushiSeanMccDined on 7/11/2013This was my third time to Kabuki, but by far the best yet! Both the sushi and sashimi were incredible and the green tea was just amazing. What separates Kabuki from other sushi restaurants, in addition to the great food, is how above and beyond the servers and staff go to make sure you enjoy your experience with them. So much fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi was excellent quality.DurantsGemDined on 4/14/2013Sushi was excellent quality. Prices not too bad. Seemed unorganized at the hostess table, but we got seated right away.Special Features:
- We made the reservation onJaneVIPDined on 4/7/2013We made the reservation on Open Table and received a confirmation by email,however upon arrival they informed us that they did not take reservations by Open Table on Friday or Saturday. The good news is they were very good to seat us very quickly and the hostess was the most gracious. In fact the hostess was more professional than we have seen most restaurants recently.
- This was a great place toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013This was a great place to spend Valentine's day. The atmosphere is pleasant and the staff were very knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:
- Great SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/12/2013Delicious food with a very wide selection of sushi. A local favorite!Special Features:
- Kabuki is always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/27/2013Kabuki is always a great experience for us. We eat there at least twice a month and gorge ourselves on sushi for around $70 total for two.Special Features:
- Slow and Horrible HostessNatalieDined on 11/7/2012The service is very slow when busy. The hostess at the front desk was HORRIBLE. No customer service, no smile, it was like we were putting her out by wanting to come eat there. She is not someone that you need greeting your customers to say the least. We were served the wrong roll and had to wait for the other one to come out. No discount nothing for waiting another 10 mins to get a roll. UGH!Special Features:
- We had a party of 6 that turnedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2012We had a party of 6 that turned into 7. It was a great dining experience. They even kicked up the a/c when one of my party began to fan herself. The service was wonderful and the food was amazing. My only complaint was that the music was VERY loud. I couldn't hear half of my group. If the hostess wouldhave offered outside dining, I would've taken that. But overall, will definitely be going again.Special Features:
- It was Amazing!! & Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2012It was Amazing!! & Thank you to our outstanding server Louis!!Special Features:
- I love their sushi and I amOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/5/2012I love their sushi and I am that they are on open table now but i am getting tired of them not even looking for the reservation for lunch and crediting the points right away. Its not hard Kabuki Management. Train your people!!!!!!!! The $1 per reservation it is costing you to do Open Table is worth much more in reservations. Train you people to know that some of us are dining to get points.Special Features:
- A great birthday for a young girlOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2012We had a group of 12. But could not reserve one table together. So had to put it in in 2 reservations. But when we arrived they were nice enough th accommodate and put all 8 of us together( 4 cancelled). They took a little time to get the tables ready. It was my daughters 20th Bday. Very nice setting and decor for the younger generations. Especially girls who like sushi and light healthy dishes. Very well chef'ed food. Appetizers were excellent and savory. Negative: took them 10 mins to get us forks and knives! Gotta know how to work chopsticks!Special Features:
- Restaurant has good food andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/7/2012Restaurant has good food and wait staff. Had issue with hostess not having my reservation from opentable. She said, if manager doesnt check often, they dont get them. Kinda funny since reservation were made 2 weeks prior to coming. So that is ample time to receive reservations. Overall, still a good place to eat
- Nothing really 'wow' you aboutRuPriceVIPDined on 4/25/2012Nothing really 'wow' you about this place, the food is okay but not great. Service is slow and not very friendly.Special Features:
- Great happy hour. Sushi isOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/24/2012Great happy hour. Sushi is fresh and plentiful. Lots of fun and good choices. It's not upper scale gourmet sushi, but when you need your sushi fix, it's wonderful and priced right. We take our grandson often and he loves it too. Something for everyone,Special Features:
- our first time coming here,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2012our first time coming here, the sushi we ordered the lotus roll and dynamite was amazing. the service kind of slow in the beginning but soon it was fine. overall my fiance and i enjoyed it every much. we will come back again.Special Features:
- Food is good. Portion sizeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2012Food is good. Portion size is real good for the priceSpecial Features:
- This was my first time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012This was my first time there & I thought the food was good. I took my wife there for lunch on her Birthday.Special Features:
- The food itself was good butIn2HotSpotsROYGBIVVIPDined on 2/5/2012The food itself was good but it was hard to order anything different then was on the menu as it was a sub-charge for any type of change. I find that frustrating especially if you are going to ask for a substitution that is actually cheaper then the what is on the menu.Special Features:
- Don't go for the sushi...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/27/2011This restaurant had a nice environment and ambiance however the food and service were both mediocre. My boyfriend did not order sushi and really enjoyed it. I would go there again except the expense for two people (32.00) was too much for average food.Special Features:
- Great sushi and wonderfulGodofredoVIPDined on 10/20/2011Great sushi and wonderful Japanese menu. Miso marinated cod was a winner!Special Features:
- Sushi was so-so. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/18/2011Sushi was so-so. Service was ok. Nothing great, but nothing bad.Special Features:
- Great spot to meet for lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2011Great spot to meet for lunch. Great access from Scottsdale, Tempe, or Downtown.Special Features:
- Awesome sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/21/2011The sushi here is awesome! I am a big sushi eater. The quality of the sushi is outstanding and the portions are really big. Tried many different things ... all excellent. I'm from Houston and wish we had a Kabuki here.Special Features:
- Not Bad...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2011Typical sushi place. Average across the board! I return when I'm close by and craving sushi otherwise not worth driving to far for.
- It's not the best sushi placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2011It's not the best sushi place in Tempe/S.Scottsdale but it is good food, albeit a bit pricey. Conveniently located in Tempe Marketplace so it's easy to stop and grab a snack... there's there lots of good food in the Tempe Marketplace to pick from!