3122 E Colonial Dr
Orlando, FL 32803Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kabookisushi.com/
- Phone: (407) 228-3839
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Kabooki Sushi
On July 18th, we are very proud to announce, we will be partnering with Hanson's Shoe Repair to bring you a specially made menu paired with Hanson hand crafted cocktails. We are taking reservations right now so be sure to call us and reserve a table as soon as possible. If you are wondering about the event and would like more information call us at 407-228-3839 or come on in and your server will provide you with all the details.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Kabooki Sushi - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
Kabooki Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (51)hot spot (32)neighborhood gem (31)special occasion (26)romantic (17)good for groups (10)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fantastic!mickeyd26VIPDined on 11/17/2014Everything was delicious and the service was very attentive. Thank you for a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible sushi for hard core raw fish fans!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014Innovative, interesting combinations and fusions for everything sushi. You can look forward to rare offerings - I had gooey duck last week. Expensive but worth every cent. Extremely fresh. Servers are very knowledgeable and can explain all offerings. My favorite place. I was called by the manager of the restaurant the next day to hear how it was - I am impressed by a restaurant that takes the time to hear my feedback and cares that much. Definitely make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation does not ensure tableReikonDined on 11/8/2014Made reservations, when we arrived we were informed that all of the tables were occupied because guests were "upset" about the lack of tables. Overall, reservations here seem to be unnecessary, just throw a fit and you're all set. We were sat at the sushi bar, which isn't really what we wanted, but we were left with little choice. The food was very good however, and the decor/environment was also nice.
- Good food, disappointing experienceRCampbellSproulDined on 11/8/2014The sushi is wonderful, the rolls are delicious, and well worth their price. My disappointment is largely with the hosting staff. I made a reservation in advance for dinner with my fiancée, for her birthday. When I made the reservation, I specifically requested a booth. We arrived for dinner, and they had our reservation, but had no record of it being for a booth. The host informed me that the booths were all reserved at this point, and we were seated at a table, directly next to a couple with a pair of small, shrieking children. Needless to say this wasn't the environment I was shooting for when I made these dinner plan. Ten minutes later, in comes a party of shout-talking high school girls. Awesome. Great sushi, but bad environment.Special Features:
- Very good sushiluv2shop3Dined on 11/3/2014My family and I dined here while on vacation in Orlando. We did some searches on local sushi places and this one sounded interesting. It was a small place, with friendly service. We made a reservation online and were seated immediately. We dined on a week day and the place was about half full. We live in the Dallas area and are pretty much sushi snobs, so it has to be good. This place was almost excellent. We tried their special roll of the day and it was delicious. We highly recommend the salmon and yellowtail. There were items we requested that was not listed on their menu, and they were happy to oblige. We would dine here again, the sushi is extremely fresh!Special Features:
- BEST SUSHI in Orlando!SPRPDined on 10/30/2014Amazing sushi, so fresh it makes eating sushi a new experience. Highly Highly Recommended!Special Features:
- EnjoyableLuckyDined on 10/24/2014I've dined here on several occasions, so I felt confident bringing a friend from out of town to Kabooki. I have to say I was a little disappointed based on my previous visits, but the experience was still fine. We arrived for our reservation at 7:30 and there were already several menu items that weren't available. Good for the restaurant, bad for us. We finally asked our server to tell us what WAS available rather than returning to our table AGAIN to tell us that our choice wasn't. A little funny but still disappointing. What we ordered was good but the sushi portions seemed significantly smaller than I recall having previously enjoyed here. Kabooki is the best place in town, I'll dine there again. Hope this was just an off night.Special Features:
- wines123VIPDined on 10/14/2014Kabooki is just one of those "diamonds in a ruff". Off the been track, terrible ambience but the food was simply over the top. Probably the best sushi i ever ate. Only order the chef special.... they are simply amazing. As for suggestions and stay away from the regular rolls. Try the specials you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- SuuushiHawaiianDined on 9/28/2014The food is awesome and unique. The only thing is that the online menu shows NY strip. My husband does not eat seafood and I told him there was steak, but when we got there, they said they took it off the menu. The drinks are good, but not very strong and the food is very good. I would return, but probably only with people who like seafood/sushi.Special Features:
- Wonderful first impression!JimzimlfcVIPDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I have been looking for a good Sushi place since we moved from NJ four years ago. There are several good sushi places that we have tried, but none hit all of the marks - until Kabooki Sushi. It certainly doesn't look like much from the outside - we had driven past it on Colonial many times without a second glance - but after another foodie friend mentioned Kabooki and gave it an excellent review, we knew it was time to try it. A rainy Friday night - the place was full - we had a reservation, had to wait a couple of minutes, but not long. Our server was excellent. Gave us time to look over the menu - was attentive and matched our dinner choices to our taste. The prepared dishes were interesting and flavorful. The sushi was great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleAlavnerDined on 9/24/2014This was, by far, the best sushi restaurant in Central Florida. Everything we ate was absolutely amazing. We will 100% be back. And hopefully often!Special Features:
- Fantastic as usualJoeKVIPDined on 9/16/2014Best sushi in Orlando - I say it every time. Great food, great wine, beer and sake selection, great service and a fun spot. Going twice this week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!kimedearcDined on 9/12/2014I have now been to this restaurant 3 times and each time the food and service exceeded my expectations. I plan to return to this restaurant regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyDatesVIPDined on 8/29/2014Our first dining experience at Kabooki was a great one. The staff seemed to be in good spirits, the kitchen was open and the food was beautifully presented and delicious. We will definitely be having another tasty date there in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strip Mall DiningDoraPirateVIPDined on 8/28/2014The first impression of this restaurant isn't great as it's in a strip mall on Colonial Drive. However, they have done a good job of making the place attractive-although it's cramped. We had a reservation for 6 people to celebrate my husband's birthday. We ordered 6 or 7 rolls, sashimi, 5 different appetizers, etc. Lots of drinks. It was all good, not mind blowing, but good. The unfortunate part came when after having amassed a $400 bill (which we were totally fine with) and sending the waitress off with our card, the "management" asked us to leave because they wanted to turn the table and get another group in. Totally unprofessional and rude - I won't be back, they probably don't care. Restaurants that treat people like that don't last.
- Sushi GemstanthamanDined on 8/28/2014This place is one of our favorites Chef Henry and his team are AMAZING...Special Features:
- Must VisitDianaDined on 8/27/2014Kabooki has an incredible menu that the chef(s) are constantly updating to keep the customers intrigued and coming back. Eclectic pairings will amaze you. Consistently the best sushi restaurant in town and beyond.Special Features:
- Good tasting foodTennisplayaDined on 8/23/2014Great food but little expensive. Service was very friendly but got very busy. Great looking crowd and sophisticated food flavors. Great addition to Colonial.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular ProblemSushi32804VIPDined on 8/23/2014I've been to Kabooki at least 15 times now. Henry and Long are one of the few "best Chefs" Orlando has. The food and presentation beats every restaurant in Orlando by a mile. The one problem they have had every single time is it is too hot in there. This time it was the men that said it before the girls which is unusual. It's definitely a factor to consider if you're a true foodie and know you are going to be there for 90-120 minutes. Other than that….stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazingEatersfromitalyDined on 8/19/2014The food was amazing, my only complaint was more from an industry point of view that their servers needed more training, for instance i saw a waitress scoop ice with a glass instead of the ice scoop 6 inches away. Another small isssue was we saw servers chewing food in the dining room, i understand we all snack and eat at work, but swallow your food before coming into the dining area amd talking to us.... Like i said the food is amazing and the chefs were entertaining, the FoH just needs a little fine tuning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi inn town!LuvFoodVIPDined on 8/17/2014I love this place! Their sushi is amazing! I is super fresh, seasoned perfectly, and artfully displayed. Plus their deserts or out of this world!Special Features:
- Umai!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Took my brother and his wife here after he came back from the middle east while serving our country. He had not eaten any sushi in months so I recommended Kabooki as the fun and happening place with great food. We went for it and got the omakase and had 6 courses of bliss. Delicious and creative plates. Everything was fresh and well prepared. The service was wonderful they even accommodated my 2 year old niece which I was apprehensive about but they were great. Would highly recommend it to anyone and will be coming back!Special Features:
- Best sushi in town!luv2eatDined on 8/15/2014Kabooki Sushi is awesome! The food is so fresh and so good. The chef is very creative with his food and that makes it exciting to eat there! The staff is also wonderful and friendly and we go so much we have our favorite server Sean :) If you have not been you MUST go!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in OrlandoJoeKVIPDined on 8/11/2014Great hidden gem with the freshest seafood for the best sushi in Orlando. Chef Henry and his team come up with amazing twists and ideas. Don't miss the apps and cold tastings for some great innovations. Not much to look at from the outside but the inside is cool, comfortable and makes you feel like you are in the latest big city find. Great service (Sean is awesome). We try for at least once a week. hate to give the good reveiw as we want to keep it for ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealMrEatWellDined on 8/6/2014WAY past what you would expect to find in this shopping center, this city, this state.Special Features:
- TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014I found the dining options to be a nice creative touch to the sushi scene in Orlando. The atmosphere is very chill and the decor very modern. Will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in central FloridaFoodAndVineDined on 8/2/2014Yes, the sushi is outstanding, but it's the hot and cold appetizers/small plates that distinguish this place. Imaginative and delicious and unlike anything else in the area. This is a foodie "must try', but is great for anyone. I am now officially spoiled and really don't have a lot of interest in going to other sushi establishments, sorry to say. BTW, they are very accommodating of kids that accompany you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiORLsurferDined on 8/1/2014Wow! This was an accidental find they turns out to be some of the best sushi in the Orlando area!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing SushiJohnnyDubstarDined on 7/31/2014Great sushi, great service and a cozy atmosphere. We have to go back to try all of the sushi rolls and get some more of the delicious Kimeechee edimame. YumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 139 reviews are from the Kabooki Sushi reviews archive.
- Excellent sushicje1Dined on 7/25/2014I love sushi, and have tried several locations. This is one of my favorites! They create some different rolls, that make this restaurant unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New fave!SamiraDined on 7/24/2014Awesome place! Kept hearing about it & it certainly didn't disappoint! Our server Demetrious or Demetree was outstanding ! Fantastic food and fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushitinasmith6Dined on 7/22/2014Kabooki is a nondescript hole-in-the-wall located in a small strip center across from Fashion Square Mall. What a gem! The sushi is always fresh, and the chefs are prepared to make your order as hot as you want. Don't forget to save room for dessert! Their house-made ice creams are a must (our recent fave: a chocolate marshmallow concoction with cayenne pepper!).Special Features:
- Best Sushi in OrlandomissktgVIPDined on 7/22/2014Excellent menu, excellent service, fresh and creative sushi - definitely best sushi in Orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi and dessert are top notch!catdogVIPDined on 7/20/2014This place is so good that they were almost packed on a Sunday night. The daily specials make me want to come in and dine every night. I always order sushi, at least one entree to share, and of course... dessert! Ever since the first time I stepped foot into this establishment, it has become my favorite sushi restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Time & Againmlbp5Dined on 7/19/2014After 2 visits, I still cannot wait until our next dining experience! The food is unique, tasty and just all around excellent! The menu has wonderful variety & your greatest challenge is deciding how to narrow down what you order! Cannot say enough great things about Kabooki & their staff is so friendly!Special Features:
- Small but creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014This is a great little spot for some of the best and most creative sushi in Orlando. The quality is obvious both visually and by taste. The staff are always welcoming and adept at making suggestions. We have not had a bad dish there.Special Features:
- Kabooki Rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/12/2014This was our third time time enjoying Kabooki and it was a another surprise of great favors. This is the the most most unique sushi menu in CFL and the chef never fails to create incredibly unique and flavorful dishes. Top it all off with the Druken Monkey for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try everything on the menuWhiskeyGingerVIPDined on 7/11/2014I have been here 3 times and it's been fantastic. You should definitely make a reservation, especially on weekend evenings. The sushi rolls are unique and delicious (try the Smoking Double Tuna and the Zen), but I love all the small plates as well. Definitely have the scallops or the duck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi, great everything!RikerReviewsFoodVIPDined on 7/11/2014Been there twice for special occasions and haven't been disappointed either time. Sushi is incredible and the prices are reasonable the Louis Vuitton roll is my girlfriend and I's favorite--do recommend!!. Food is worth every penny! Great atmosphere but I recommend getting a booth because the center tables can get crowded--request one in your reservation. Servers are very nice and very helpful. 4.5/5--will definitely go back and am already looking forward to it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TwoNolesOneCupDined on 7/9/2014Went to Kabooki Sushi for the first time on a Wednesday night. I didn't think I needed a reservation, but was glad I made one because it was crowded when I arrived at 7:30. Our server displayed great knowledge of the menu and overall it was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.