3122 E Colonial Dr
Orlando, FL 32803Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kabookisushi.com/
- Phone: 4072283839x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Kabooki Sushi
On July 18th, we are very proud to announce, we will be partnering with Hanson's Shoe Repair to bring you a specially made menu paired with Hanson hand crafted cocktails. We are taking reservations right now so be sure to call us and reserve a table as soon as possible. If you are wondering about the event and would like more information call us at 407-228-3839 or come on in and your server will provide you with all the details.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Kabooki Sushi - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
Kabooki Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (88)neighborhood gem (64)hot spot (56)special occasion (39)romantic (24)good for groups (13)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Sushi GemstanthamanDined on 8/28/2014This place is one of our favorites Chef Henry and his team are AMAZING...Special Features:
- Good tasting foodTennisplayaDined on 8/23/2014Great food but little expensive. Service was very friendly but got very busy. Great looking crowd and sophisticated food flavors. Great addition to Colonial.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular ProblemSushi32804Dined on 8/23/2014I've been to Kabooki at least 15 times now. Henry and Long are one of the few "best Chefs" Orlando has. The food and presentation beats every restaurant in Orlando by a mile. The one problem they have had every single time is it is too hot in there. This time it was the men that said it before the girls which is unusual. It's definitely a factor to consider if you're a true foodie and know you are going to be there for 90-120 minutes. Other than that….stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazingEatersfromitalyDined on 8/19/2014The food was amazing, my only complaint was more from an industry point of view that their servers needed more training, for instance i saw a waitress scoop ice with a glass instead of the ice scoop 6 inches away. Another small isssue was we saw servers chewing food in the dining room, i understand we all snack and eat at work, but swallow your food before coming into the dining area amd talking to us.... Like i said the food is amazing and the chefs were entertaining, the FoH just needs a little fine tuning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi inn town!LuvFoodVIPDined on 8/17/2014I love this place! Their sushi is amazing! I is super fresh, seasoned perfectly, and artfully displayed. Plus their deserts or out of this world!Special Features:
- Umai!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Took my brother and his wife here after he came back from the middle east while serving our country. He had not eaten any sushi in months so I recommended Kabooki as the fun and happening place with great food. We went for it and got the omakase and had 6 courses of bliss. Delicious and creative plates. Everything was fresh and well prepared. The service was wonderful they even accommodated my 2 year old niece which I was apprehensive about but they were great. Would highly recommend it to anyone and will be coming back!Special Features:
- Best sushi in town!luv2eatDined on 8/15/2014Kabooki Sushi is awesome! The food is so fresh and so good. The chef is very creative with his food and that makes it exciting to eat there! The staff is also wonderful and friendly and we go so much we have our favorite server Sean :) If you have not been you MUST go!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in OrlandoJoeKVIPDined on 8/11/2014Great hidden gem with the freshest seafood for the best sushi in Orlando. Chef Henry and his team come up with amazing twists and ideas. Don't miss the apps and cold tastings for some great innovations. Not much to look at from the outside but the inside is cool, comfortable and makes you feel like you are in the latest big city find. Great service (Sean is awesome). We try for at least once a week. hate to give the good reveiw as we want to keep it for ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014I found the dining options to be a nice creative touch to the sushi scene in Orlando. The atmosphere is very chill and the decor very modern. Will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in central FloridaFoodAndVineDined on 8/2/2014Yes, the sushi is outstanding, but it's the hot and cold appetizers/small plates that distinguish this place. Imaginative and delicious and unlike anything else in the area. This is a foodie "must try', but is great for anyone. I am now officially spoiled and really don't have a lot of interest in going to other sushi establishments, sorry to say. BTW, they are very accommodating of kids that accompany you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiORLsurferDined on 8/1/2014Wow! This was an accidental find they turns out to be some of the best sushi in the Orlando area!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing SushiJohnnyDubstarDined on 7/31/2014Great sushi, great service and a cozy atmosphere. We have to go back to try all of the sushi rolls and get some more of the delicious Kimeechee edimame. YumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent sushicje1Dined on 7/25/2014I love sushi, and have tried several locations. This is one of my favorites! They create some different rolls, that make this restaurant unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New fave!SamiraDined on 7/24/2014Awesome place! Kept hearing about it & it certainly didn't disappoint! Our server Demetrious or Demetree was outstanding ! Fantastic food and fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushitinasmith6Dined on 7/22/2014Kabooki is a nondescript hole-in-the-wall located in a small strip center across from Fashion Square Mall. What a gem! The sushi is always fresh, and the chefs are prepared to make your order as hot as you want. Don't forget to save room for dessert! Their house-made ice creams are a must (our recent fave: a chocolate marshmallow concoction with cayenne pepper!).Special Features:
- Best Sushi in OrlandomissktgDined on 7/22/2014Excellent menu, excellent service, fresh and creative sushi - definitely best sushi in Orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi and dessert are top notch!catdogDined on 7/20/2014This place is so good that they were almost packed on a Sunday night. The daily specials make me want to come in and dine every night. I always order sushi, at least one entree to share, and of course... dessert! Ever since the first time I stepped foot into this establishment, it has become my favorite sushi restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Time & Againmlbp5Dined on 7/19/2014After 2 visits, I still cannot wait until our next dining experience! The food is unique, tasty and just all around excellent! The menu has wonderful variety & your greatest challenge is deciding how to narrow down what you order! Cannot say enough great things about Kabooki & their staff is so friendly!Special Features:
- Small but creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014This is a great little spot for some of the best and most creative sushi in Orlando. The quality is obvious both visually and by taste. The staff are always welcoming and adept at making suggestions. We have not had a bad dish there.Special Features:
- Kabooki Rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/12/2014This was our third time time enjoying Kabooki and it was a another surprise of great favors. This is the the most most unique sushi menu in CFL and the chef never fails to create incredibly unique and flavorful dishes. Top it all off with the Druken Monkey for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try everything on the menuWhiskeyGingerDined on 7/11/2014I have been here 3 times and it's been fantastic. You should definitely make a reservation, especially on weekend evenings. The sushi rolls are unique and delicious (try the Smoking Double Tuna and the Zen), but I love all the small plates as well. Definitely have the scallops or the duck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi, great everything!RikerReviewsFoodDined on 7/11/2014Been there twice for special occasions and haven't been disappointed either time. Sushi is incredible and the prices are reasonable the Louis Vuitton roll is my girlfriend and I's favorite--do recommend!!. Food is worth every penny! Great atmosphere but I recommend getting a booth because the center tables can get crowded--request one in your reservation. Servers are very nice and very helpful. 4.5/5--will definitely go back and am already looking forward to it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TwoNolesOneCupDined on 7/9/2014Went to Kabooki Sushi for the first time on a Wednesday night. I didn't think I needed a reservation, but was glad I made one because it was crowded when I arrived at 7:30. Our server displayed great knowledge of the menu and overall it was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite sushi spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014great variety of rolls and apps. Love this place, very unique scene and delicious sushi. One of the best sushi restaurants in Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!stevegrimVIPDined on 7/1/2014Service was prompt and knowledgeable. Food was quick to the table and delicious. Best sushi in Orlando by far !!Special Features:
- Great food and servicedina77Dined on 6/28/2014Had an awesome double date here! Everything was delicious and, the service was top notch.Special Features:
- ScotfeederDined on 6/28/2014We travelled in Florida , South Carolina and Georgia over a 4 week holiday and ate out in many top restaurants using Trip Adviser reviews. This restaurant was easily the best despite its location and less than exciting external impression. A wonderful experience of Asian fusion...and outstanding dessers too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait but worth it!!!SushiCoupleDined on 6/27/2014We made reservations but still had to wait almost 30 minutes to get a table. We were glad we waited, the service was excellent and the good was amazing. Very diverse sushi/dinner menu and the ginger dressing was so good. Would not recommend for kids under 8 and it is a noisy place that gives an atmosphere of a nighttime bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyLuvFoodVIPDined on 6/25/2014The sushi here is out of this world. Everything is so fresh and tasted great. Also don't miss desert the bread pudding is so good!Special Features:
- Fantastic sushi!HeatherDined on 6/24/2014Who would've thought a sushi restaurant in that location would be so good? But it is! I have been twice in the last two weeks and the place was packed both times. My favorite is the Smoking Double Roll. Great desserts too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden neighborhood findHazelnutDined on 6/22/2014This was a fantastic Sushi find. The special Ramen soup was tasty and full of noodles. The sushi rolls had fresh fish and delicious. While it can be crowded, the atmosphere was friendly and never stuffy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in Orlando!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Hands down the best Sushi in Orlando. You could literally put this place in New York or Miami and it would flourish, great for Orlando to have such a unique and new twist on this type of Cuisine. Been to Nobu in NYC, Miami and London, and this place is on par with any of Nobu's offerings, but at a much more reasonable price point. Must try the Cobia dishes and the warm mushroom salad. Desserts were awesome as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't judge a book by its coverwindermeredadVIPDined on 6/16/2014Kabooki sushi doesn't have the best location or curb appeal, but once you walk through the door you will be amazed. The host was incredibly friendly and helpful, the waitress was extremely knowledgeable and helpful with making suggestions, and the food was all amazing. We enjoyed foie gras, a few rolls, and sashimi. This is our new favorite sushi place in Orlando and we will be back very soon!!Special Features:
- Best Sushi in OrlandoJoeKVIPDined on 6/14/2014Amazing fresh and innovative sushi, great sake choices, amazing service and a cool spot. Nothing else compares. Great job Chef Henry and the team. Joe and LisaSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014What a pleasant surprise! No wonder you need a reservation. So glad to have found this gem!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014We had reservations at 7:30 and didn't get seated until after 8 pm. There appeared to be some confusion at the hostess stand. Huge crowd waiting near the front. Felt bad for the tables near the door with all these people hovering over them. Sushi was amazing and fresh. Would go back at a less busy time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Toe to Toe with NYC/LondonCatAVIPDined on 6/13/2014This 23 year old chef's eatery is so incredible it pains me to write an honest review because it going to be just that much harder for me to get a reservation next time! If this young man opened a restaurant next to Nobu in London the latter would fold in short order. His food is in a class by itself - do not be put off by the strip mall location for the moment - more to come! Foodies please note - he is the Japanese equivalent of Las Vegas' Lotus of Siam. We normally get the Omakase menu - (6) courses specially prepared for you by the chef per your preferences and @$75/pp it is a steal! But do not discount the normal menu either - he is a genius! For sure make a reservation - you can normally get them with 48 hrs notice - SHH!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi LuxeQueenbeeDined on 6/6/2014Creative offerings you won't find elsewhere in Orlando. Kabooki is a stellar example of less is more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks Can Be DeceivingJayblesDined on 6/4/2014We came here with some friends who were treating us to happy hour. I had never been because well, from the outside, it doesn't look all that impressive. I was pleasantly surprised. The sake-tinis were incredible and the rolls were very good, and all at an affordable happy hour price. You can tell this is a hidden gem because the place was packed by 7:00 on a Wednesday. It was so busy that we were lingering a while after paying our tab and had to be asked to leave to accomodate a reservation at our table. (Which is no problem- completely understandable in a venue that small.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiAubontempsDined on 6/3/2014The sushi selection was fantastic and different than most sushi restaurants. The rolls we had were the best I have had in Orlando by far and we go eat sushi all the time. I would highly recommend it. The place is a little small and can be a bit loud. I recommend making a reservation simply because of the size. Their happy hour looks pretty good as well but ends at 6:30pm so we just missed it when we went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.