7710 Wisconsin Ave
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
PersianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://kabobbazaar.com/welcome.html
- Phone: 3016525814
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:0am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Persian, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Behrooz Sarvghadi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: full service or drop off catering available for any size parties.
- Entertainment: Key board by Mohsen playing Persian tunes
every Saturday from 6:00pm to 11:00pm and Sunday
from 6:00pm to 10:00pm
- Cross Street: Norfolk Street
- Public Transit: One block from Bethesda Metro station
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking on rear of the building.
entrance on Woodmount Ave.at Conner Building. Please park and enter from the rear of the building. Do not walk away from the building at any time while parked there.
A word from Kabob Bazaar
Kabob Bazaar is delighted to serve the Washington D.C. metropolitan area with authentic Persian cuisine since December 15, 1993.Traditional instrumental Iranian music is played lightly throughout the restaurant, allowing customers to be introduced to a small but significant part of the beautiful Persian culture. Paintings displaying people, places, and designs pertaining to the Iranian culture. Samovars, traditional pots used to boil water and brew aromatic Persian tea, are placed behind the bar. Many customers sit at the bar and enjoy the traditional hot tea while socializing.Kabob Bazaar's delicious kabobs are freshly prepared daily and cooked right before your eyes on our open-fire grill. We also offer delicious daily specials. Our homemade bread is also made to order, crisp and hot in our tanoor clay-oven. We hope to see you at Kabob Bazaar very soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kabob Bazaar reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- great food!ElizabethDined on 9/5/2014If you're looking for fresh delicious Persian dishes this is the place to go! You can't compare the exceptional quality to chains like Moby Dick. Ambiance is quiet but casual. Service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kabob bazaarGoodfoodguruDined on 7/14/2014Very good food,nice ambience,however service could be a littl more attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 20 reviews are from the Kabob Bazaar reviews archive.
- An enjoyable eveningTOL1VIPDined on 5/11/2014Friendly attentive service with good, basic middle eastern cuisine. We will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first visit.JKCMVIPDined on 3/1/2014This was our first visit. The food was great. We will definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre service affects perceptionbriefreviewsnodotcomVIPDined on 1/10/2014The food was good, the service mediocre and staff did not appear to be well trained. I have learned from my restaurant experiences poor quality service affects the way you assess the quality of the food. If we had had better service perhaps the perception of the Persian food would have been more laudatory.Special Features:
- After movie eatsTOL1VIPDined on 12/21/2013We discovered that this restaurant has been open for four years. Simple and plain decor, but very good food and friendly and attentive service. Would definitely go back again for a relatively inexpensive dinner after a movie in the Bethesda area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- They did not allowed us tochrislumdVIPDined on 12/15/2013They did not allowed us to use Amazon local deal voucher with open table reservation and yet require reservation (only through phone) for using the voucher. Manager did not care to resolve this issue for customer at all. Will not go back in the future.
- Neighborhood GemKatKIVIPDined on 12/14/2013Walked from my house, but found out they had 2 hour free parking! Beautifully decorated with Middle Eastern live music. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Food was delicious and terrific value for price. Will be going back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodRhmddumDined on 11/14/2013Great food and a great value! The chicken shish kabob is my favorite because it includes a vegetable kabob too. Everyone is very nice. Has convenient parking in the back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food and good serviceHollyduckDined on 6/8/2013The food in Kabob was great. I ordered a medium well done beef kobab with rice. The beef was tender and the rice is delicious. The wait staff are very helpful and friendly, though some of them were not good at English. I also enjoy the soft live music there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchmjpileggiDined on 5/13/2013I ordered the Chicken Soltani combo, which came with one Kubideh (minced meat) and one chicken skewer. I ordered it with rice. Bread is served at the table with a yogurt dip. My friend had a vegetarian combo, which included a taboli salad, hummus, and falafel patties. Everything was very good. The meat and chicken were tender and flavorful. I would definitely return here and in fact it would be a great place for a group lunch or dinner party.Special Features:
- Delicious Persian in BethesdaMmfdcVIPDined on 3/14/2013Delicious Persian cuisine and gracious service. Wonderful vegetarian options.Special Features:
- Food is excellent! UsuallygratitudeISrichesVIPDined on 3/9/2013Food is excellent! Usually the service is fine. They were very busy so service this particular evening took longer than it usually does. The manager was very gracious and helped out the waiter.Special Features:
- Good food and good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/9/2013I've eaten at many persian restaurants in the DC area and in Los Angeles (where there is a great concentration of places offering persian cuisine). My first meal at Kabob Bazaar will prompt a return visit to this unpretentious. Our table of four sampled two kabob-based meals (salmon and lamb kabob) which were fresh, and importantly, not at all dry, which is a risk that you too-often run when ordering kabob. Two other meals were less traditional but equally pleasing: the slightly sweet fessenjoon (chicken in a pulverized walnut and pomegranate sauce)and dizi (a rustic dish that is the favored food of manual laborers in Iran, an unusual find in a Persian restaurant). I look forward to going back soon.Special Features:
- The lamb was very good, butRWoodBVIPDined on 1/8/2013The lamb was very good, but the other elements of the meal lacked flavor, the wine selection is limited and appears to have been chosen by someone who does not know wines, and the server lacked training. For example, she did not glance at the table when she went in or out of the dining room, therefore, missing signals requesting service. The table lay-out looks like a college dining hall.
- Great Kabobs! I eat hereRhmddumDined on 12/29/2012Great Kabobs! I eat here regularly and always like it. When you get a plate, ask for 1/2 rice, 1/2 salad instead of all rice.Special Features:
- Swordfish was fishy, replacedRichVIPDined on 12/2/2012Swordfish was fishy, replaced by undercooked chicken kabob.
- The food was fair but theJessDined on 12/1/2012The food was fair but the waiter was excellent. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was that it took forever to get the bill. This ordinarily wouldn't have been an issue but we were trying to catch a movie.
- Fantastic food and service;OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/28/2012Fantastic food and service; word needs to get around about this gem!Special Features:
- Bring your foodie friends with you!FoodieMeisterVIPDined on 11/24/2012This time we came with a group, and it was definitely better as we could sample more variety. The menu is more than just typically dumbed-down for Americans fare. There were entrees that you don't usually find resulting in an adventurous taste treat. We're going there again soon...Special Features:
- Authentic--very good--good value.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2012I've been here twice, both for birthday occasions. The appetizers are great to share and the food is very authentic Persian. The rice is traditional, but plain and needs more flavor. Chicken is always very good and specials are exceptional. Desserts are traditional, but they also have a chocolate mousse cake that is delicious too. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Though another Bethesda kabobPaulVIPDined on 7/5/2012Though another Bethesda kabob place named after a whale is better know, Kabob Bazaar offers Persian hospitality and simple but well prepared food. One can tell this is a family business and a look around the dining room at dinner time suggests it's also a place families in search of authentic Middle Eastern food enjoy visiting.Special Features: