1351 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
LebanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kababji.com/
- Phone: 2028228999
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday LUNCH 11:30 am – 2:30pm
Monday – Friday DINNER 5pm-10pm
Saturday 12 pm – 11 pm
Sunday 12pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern, Lebanese
- Executive Chef: Abe Matar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Kababji can readily cater any private, corporate or luncheon event. Please contact the Catering Manager at 202-725-0770 to discuss your needs, and we will create a personalized menu tailored to your tastes.
Kababji also offers delivery seven days a week. Delivery orders can be placed through calling us 202.822.0909, or through our on-line delivery partners at www.grubhub.com, www.seamlessweb.com, and www.allmenus.com
- Private Party Facilities: Kababji Grill features authentic, healthy, and flavorful Lebanese cuisine in a casual environment. Decorated in rich traditional colors and regional artifacts, Kababji invokes the warm and welcoming attitude of Lebanon’s beloved restaurants of the same name.
- Private Party Contact: Catering Director 8776420222
- Special Events: Please feel free to contact our General Manager by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.822.8999
A word from Kababji Grill
Kababji Grill features authentic, healthy, and flavorful Lebanese cuisine in a casual environment. Kababji Grill is decorated in rich traditional colors and regional artifacts. Our signature orange brick charcoal burning grill, imported from Lebanon, perfectly captures the full flavor of our food. Familiar favorites include an array of flavorful meat and chicken kebabs, hummus and tabouli. Our Washington, DC location is the first outside of the Middle East.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kababji Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- It's an OK place, but I canMicheleDined on 9/28/2013It's an OK place, but I can get this Lebanese food at George's in Georgetown for a lot less. Parking is hard to find and that part of Connecticut Avenue is rather seedy.
- Skewers on the rollGalsVIPDined on 9/24/2013Great location on the move. One of three fountains is a charm.Special Features:
- UninspiredDaveDined on 9/12/2013Service was lackadaisical. Wine list very limited s d poorly stocked. We ordered the $27 medly meal for the three of us and while there was a good amount of mezza, the kabobs were limited in quantity and insufficient and not exceptional in taste - chicken was particularly dry and without flavor.
- Not a good experiencesueg1250VIPDined on 8/17/2013We were seated and forgotten about. We were brought water then other customers that came in after us were brought their water and bread for the table, while we received just water. We finally ordered and waited over 20 minutes for appetizers, when the customers who came after us were served theirs first. We only received the appetizers because my husband asked the waitress what was taking so long and she ran to the back to bring us some obviously over cooked, very hard appetizers. Our meal came out in about 5 minutes after that, so we didn't even get a chance to eat the appetizers (which we didn't want anyway). The meat that we ordered was burnt and tasted just awful. The only item of food that we were able to eat was the rice.
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2013I went to Kababji for the first time one month ago and had a great experience. they had wonderful pita chips that they brought out while we looked through the menu. I raved about the experience and decided to take my out of town guests there. BIG mistake, the waitress was terrible and did not come to our table until 30 minutes into it, even though I told her we were ready to order. She stated she would be back and took forever to come take our order, if it wasnt for her runner, we would have left mid-meal. The food was still good quality but for a restaurant not even being full, we expected better service. we will not be back.
- tasteless food and over priceddinner67Dined on 8/13/2013The title says it all. Go to Zaytinyas. The wines by the glass were all very cheap tasting too.
- mediocrekmisketVIPDined on 8/10/2013This restaurant didn't meet my expectations. The wait staff took care of everything in a timely manner, but they seemed sort of impersonal. It was odd. The food was ok, but nothing that would make me come back. We went on a Saturday evening and when we got there, I was surprised at how empty the place was, but as I left, I think I understand why.
- I've been to this restaurantNadiaDined on 8/8/2013I've been to this restaurant in the past, and I found that the quality of the food has definitely declined. The salads were cut so chunky and big, it looks like the chef just chopped half-hazardly without care. The taboule was awful! the parsley was not finely chopped - not even coarsely! it had no finely chopped onions, and definitely no burgul wheat - a must for taboule!!!! The meats were dry and the servant looked annoyed. I won't go back again.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/8/2013I discovered Kababji Grill years ago--shortly after they opened. It became my favorite restaurant. The food is delicious, and I've always had a great wait staff. I talked it up a ton at work and convinced my colleagues to join me for lunch this week. I was sorely disappointed. The menu has been changed, and some of my favorite dishes (staples in the Lebanese cuisine) have been removed from the menu with little explanation. They no longer offer seafood options for those who do not want beef or chicken. Our waiter was pretty rude and unhelpful. The food itself was delicious as always, but the experience was so disappointing. I didn't realize how different the lunch and dinner experiences are. I'm not sure I'll go back again.
- I invited five friends toReviewerVIPDined on 8/5/2013I invited five friends to explore Lebanese food They had a great time. We all had different dishes and different deserts. The Wait Staff were very accommodating with multiple questions and patient. Everybody loved their food. The filet wrap was fantastic. And the traditional deserts are best in town!Special Features:
- Wanted to love ithanastopVIPDined on 7/17/2013The food was decent, but not worth the price at all. The service was also so inattentive, yet there were like only a few tables seated. Asking numerous employees about the status of one entree only resulted in getting her dish well after every other people finished dinner. It was so late we had to send it back! To top it all off, this was a birthday dinner! Didn't even get the "free appetizer" won on Foursquare.
- The food was very good andNancykDined on 7/13/2013The food was very good and the service was quick. The only drawback was that the dining area was too casual to be considered a special night out with my husband. You wouldn't want to go here for a special occasion. It's meant for casual inexpensive eating out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit the MidEast while still in DCBrandyDined on 7/11/2013The food was outstanding. We ordered the Lebonses Way ( which was a huge variety of dishes, served family style). There was so much food!Special Features:
- Delicious flavor food; not heavyLinusCelloVIPDined on 7/11/2013All the food had good flavors, and not heavy. Wish it was clear that lamb special came with yogurt-cucumber dip; as "accidentally" ordered it separately as an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but a little overpricedPennoulaVIPDined on 6/30/2013The food was delicious but there was a disconnect with the pricing and the amount of food. I think it is a little overpriced for the amount of food they offer. The service was not very good.Special Features:
- Decent foodDinerstsDined on 6/30/2013The kebabs were too salty. The restaurant was practically empty. The food was nothing special. I have had better Mideastern food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful InteriorAmandaDined on 6/15/2013The inside of this restaurant is stunning. It is comfortable and clean. I went to dinner a little early around 5:30 and there was hardly anyone at the restaurant which is why I was surprised that the service wasn't better. The food was ok, not much flavor other than the grill flavor. At $29/per person I was expecting more food. Just average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable but only fairLauraUVIPDined on 5/31/2013For a restaurant whose theme is kabobs they are very unimaginative. I ordered the lamb. I knew it was going to be ground lamb so that did not surprise me but it was only chopped lamb on skewer, no vegetables in it though there were some grilled ones on the plate with some mildly flavored rice. It was so dry that the only way I could eat it was by cutting it and the vegetables up into pieces and mixing it with rice. I also finally asked for yogurt sauce just to give the dish a bit a moisture. However, the fava bean salad we ordered was very good, especially with the hot pita bread.
- Great Service but OK FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/28/2013I hope have high praises for the attentive and friendly service. In regards to the food there was nothing outstanding with my dinner and as a matter of fact some was tasty but very small portions and the biggest disappointment was the bread. It was store bought and not that tasty. I asked the waitress if the bread was made on the premiss and she told me no the shut down the ovens a few months ago. What a shame. They really should think about reopening them or finding better pita or fat bread from some other place. I think in at a kabob, Lebanese, or middle eastern restaurant the bread is such an important part of the meal and this was a big miss here.
- Nice Spot and Good food/menuConsultONDined on 5/20/2013Nice selection of middle eastern food and a clean upscale enough environment for dinner out but still good to grab a bite. Especially good for meat eaters and vegetarians to both have ample choices. Food was very good. There was hardly anyone there on Monday night and it was nice and quiet for being able to hold conversation. Probably still ok in this regard when crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for some quick LebaneseMichelleDined on 5/16/2013The Labneh was amazing. So smooth and delicious. I had the kibbeh, which was good, but not outstanding. The bread kept coming, which was nice, but it wasn't my favorite bread. It's a decent place to drop in and grab a bite of something different, but it doesn't have anything that really stood out to me.Special Features:
- Great Lunch Meeting SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2013Conveniently located between Farragut North and Dupont Circle Metro stops, Kababji Grill is a great choice for lunch meetings. Food is delicious, service very good and pleasant ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013This is one of our favorite Lebanese restauraunt but unfortunately our last lunch there was pretty bad. I feel as long as the manager is present, things run smoothly; but that day the crew was running the place and it just did not work. The service was really bad although the staff seems running around endelessly with only 2 tables to serve in the entire restaurant. The quality of the food detertiorated drastically for the past couple months. I am not sure who is cooking the food but the cook is loosing the real Lebanese recipes. The garlic sauce that comes with our Kish Taouk used to be firm in consistency & delicious and now it comes in a smalla flat dish and too watery...what is happening???
- Two of our appetizers weretulipVIPDined on 5/5/2013Two of our appetizers were very unpleasant; one was so dry it was inedible. Very disappointing evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I want my time backgraceVIPDined on 5/1/2013Tasteless food; ridiculously slow service; indifferent hostess/manager. Likely worst restaurant I've been in in DC. Seriously. I wish there were "minus" stars as it was that bad. I should have walked out.
- Good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/30/2013Food is very delicious. I like their lunch menu better because I love the sandwiches. The Hummus is great. The service is not that good. The waitstaff is friendly enough, but I think they could improve on their attentiveness and attitude. I'd probably go back for lunch.
- Thursday lamb special veryLinusCelloVIPDined on 4/18/2013Thursday lamb special very good. Jalala drink interesting (almost a cola with floral notes).Special Features:
- MehDCdudeDined on 4/13/2013Meh. I went in a group of five so we could try the family-style grill and appetizer dishes. The baba ghannoush was just okay. The fried kibbeh was pretty good. What was truly underwhelming was the mixed grill. When a place says chicken kabob, one expects chunks of chicken. This one was ground chicken. Really not what I expect when paying the substantial prices. The service was pleasant, but REALLY slow and inattentive at times. Didn't hate it, but wouldn't go back on my own accord.
- This was my first time toOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/6/2013This was my first time to Kababji Grill and I absolutely loved it. The restaurant was very nice inside and had a good feel to it. There were couples, groups and families as well as a bar and lounge in addition to the main restaurant. I think it would be a good fit for any occasion. I was very impressed with the food. Amazing kabobs and very attentive service. This tops my list as a place for Lebanese food.Special Features:
- Decent food. Entree smallLinusCelloVIPDined on 4/3/2013Decent food. Entree small portion. Received Entree before appetizer.Special Features:
- Not to be missed Lebanese gem in DCChamaDined on 3/30/2013We went to Kabadji Grill for dinner with two more friends during our Easter trip to Washington, DC. The maitre was able to accomodate our last minute OpenTable reservation update from two to four people. We were very pleased with the quality of the food we ordered. My husdband and I decided to order some of the appetizers (falafel, hummus, babaganoush, tabouli, etc.) while our friends ordered main courses. Everything was delicious, not too salty, well presented and good sized portions. Menu offers great selections! Service was excellent, very courteous and the restaurant ambiance was cozy and family friendly. We certainly recommend this restaurant to any resident or visitor in Washington DC area for a great Lebanese meal!Special Features:
- The food and service wereCVOWrenDined on 3/28/2013The food and service were fine. There are many different kabobs made of ground meat but the differences between them weren't obvious to me. We had the namoura for dessert - very tasty and very sweet. My dining partner initially refused dessert but ended up eating her half with pleasure.
- Everything was great, exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013Everything was great, except the prices, which were a bit too high for what the food was and out of my price range as a college student and soon to be young professional. Good thing I had a groupon!Special Features:
- Great for a casual businessOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2013Great for a casual business dinner. They even have bellydancing.Special Features:
- Good food/service, but unwelcomingOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/2/2013Good food, pleasant service - but chaotic and unwelcoming reception. They seem surprised by the arrival of diners - even those with a reservation.
- Great food and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2013Had the Lebanese Dinner for 2 or more...it was excellent and made it very easy to tastes a variety of things! Had a good amount of leftovers. Enjoyed a few pomegranate margaritas as well. Service was very attentive, as well, without getting in the way.Special Features:
- DuPont circle Lebanese FeastCFroeVIPDined on 3/2/2013Great Lebanese food prepared in a tradional manner. The staff is friendly and makes great menu suggestions. Service can be slow, but service staff is responsive when service is requested.Special Features:
- This is one of our favoritesacooperdcVIPDined on 2/27/2013This is one of our favorite restaurants. We had three first-timers who LOVED it.Special Features:
- I like the reasturant so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/26/2013I like the reasturant so much came back. I purchased a groupon (20 for 40 worth of food). I took my friend here for her Birthday Dinner, we had a good time. The food was delcious--chicken kababob!Special Features:
- The ambience of this placeSimplyanksDined on 2/23/2013The ambience of this place is really good and great for either a date night or a casual outing with friends or family. You always get good service and the food is fresh from the grill and the meat is perfectly cooked. Definitely a must-go place in DC for food and happy hour.Special Features: