1710 Edgewater Dr.
Orlando, FL 32804Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kwinebar.com/
- Phone: 4078722332
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30am - 2pm, Dinner: Monday & Tuesday 6 -9pm Wednesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Kevin Fonzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Rooms & restaurant buy out available.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Francoforte 4078722332
- Special Events: Pop up events on Sundays such as farm to table dinners or low country boil as well as a wine tastings and wine dinners.
A word from K restaurant
Chef-owned by Kevin F. Fonzo, a James Beard Award nominee, K restaurant is a nationally recognized, upscale dining restaurant featuring eclectic American cuisine that reflects the season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
K restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
K restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (104)neighborhood gem (98)special occasion (70)romantic (60)notable wine list (35)great for outdoor dining (28)hot spot (16)good for groups (15)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Lovely Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014We wanted some specialty foods at a non chain and this was a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cyndi KosmickiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014I have always loved K. Gary my waiter was awesome. I highly recommend. 🍷🍛Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Great restaurant with incredible food, really nice neighborhood feel and doesn't seem intimidating at all, yet the menu can stand up to any fine dining restaurant in town. They don't have a liquor license but don't worry, the beers are great and they have "kocktails" that are delicious drinks with fortified wines as the alcohol source. A great restaurant with an even better future.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014The restaurant was outstanding from appetizer to dessert, all three of us were blown away by each dish we ordered. A bit pricey but worth every penny, highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing evening!!!stptDined on 10/16/2014My wife and I were in Orlando for a conference and we wanted to get away from the typical Disney and universal crowd. We found K on open table and made a 7:00 reservation. When we arrived they were running late but offered us to wait at the bar. This definitely wasn't a negative. The manager took care of us at the bar until a table was available then he served us all night. The food was amazing, you have to try the fried green tomatoes stack. We had a wonderful evening of fine food and wine and highly recommend "K". If you get a chance go!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Tops on My List for OrlandoTheManWhoEats2MuchDined on 10/11/2014I have been coming to this restaurant every time I get a chance for years. The menu changes, but that much. However, what they do is always first class. I go for the favors and food. However the wine choices are well selected to pair with what they serve. Their Fried Green Tomatoes are GREAT!! The prices are consistent with the food/wine quality and service. It is not cheap, but not over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014K was wonderful. I had not been there for some time and what a delightful evening, with wonderful food and wine and the best service!Special Features:
- food was okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014My review could be bias because I am surrounded by different cultures of food around me back in San Francisco. I found this restaurant mainly used tomatoes as a "fresh" ingredient and solely based their dishes around it. The plate was very well put together, but the food itself does not justify how much the restaurant was charging per dish. Overall, this place is ok.Special Features:
- Good food and great servicecookie1Dined on 9/30/2014K specializes in local food and serves specials based on the season. The seafood minestrone soup was tasty albeit a bit salty. The house made gnocchi were the best although there was little chicken shredded into the dish. My spouse enjoyed fresh seafood excellently cooked. The serving team concept provided excellent friendly and quick service. I look forward to going back again.Special Features:
- Good food but not amazingpjs98Dined on 9/27/2014We did Magical Dining. Gazpacho was fine, a tiny amount of crab in the center and some little strips of a hard bread. Pork tenderloin with a reduction sauce was perfectly cooked and tasted wonderful. I had a chicken dish with several small potato noodles, a nice mixture of sauce and items from the garden. Portion size is small but ok. Dessert was a cheesecake and french toast bread pudding both good. There were no sides and no bread. They seated folks in shorts and torn jeans on the porch outside. Regular menu looked interesting but for the price I will probably go elsewhere. Service did the job but other staff seemed more fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014Food was great, but portions were small. Way overpriced for what you get. Our waiter was outstanding.Special Features:
- Traveling FoodieFoodDivaDined on 9/24/2014In planning for my business trip to Orlando, I searched the web for hidden gems to dine at. K Restaurant caught my attention because of its unassuming "home" appeal and the fact that the chef is a James Beard award nominee, didn't hurt either. I thoroughly enjoyed the poached pear salad and my Eggplant Parmesan was delicious but the French Toast Bread Pudding was to die for!!! 😍 This Orlando restaurant is a MUST eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- K restuarantDaleDined on 9/22/2014Nice ambiance. Interesting and tasty food. A sign I always like was one item was pulled from the menu because they were not satisfied with one ingredient.Special Features:
- RoseVIPDined on 9/20/2014Always excellent. We went for the magical dining and ended up just ordering off the menu. so many great options.Special Features:
- Fun couples date nightDinnercrewDined on 9/20/2014Enjoyed a nice evening with friends. Some dives were fantastic and others just okay but overall we enjoyed it. The evening was a bit pricey but we enjoyed ourselves and were glad we tried the restaurant. Our waiter Rocky was excellent and we enjoyed his personality. Thanks for a fun night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still our favLilLilVIPDined on 9/20/2014Best food and service in town!!! Always ask for Michael!!! Never fails with all his recommendations. :-)Special Features:
- Best braised goat in FloridaDineoftenVIPDined on 9/20/2014This chef can do it all and we have enjoyed a lot of his specials but his pasta special with butternut squash and braised goat was extraordinary. What will he come up with next? Can't wait to find out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Not only the food was amazing, the service was spectacular! Mike, our server, counldn't have been more accomodating. Excellent job all around. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow-great dinneroviedofoodieDined on 9/15/2014This is only our second visit to K Restaurant. We live on the other side of Orlando, so it is a bit of a drive to get there, but definitely worth it. The ambience is delightful - small quiet dining rooms in an old restored house on Edgewater Drive in College Park. Enough noise and activity that is invigorating, but not so loud that you cannot have a quiet conversation with your dining companion(s). Service was excellent - accommodating, friendly and professional without being intrusive. The food was excellent - interesting preparations with locally sourced fresh ingredients. I had the fish and my partner had the duck. Both dishes were delicious. We shared the chocolate mousse for dessert - chocolatey without being too sweet or rich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!jdogVIPDined on 9/13/2014This local gem features and ever changing menu with delectable treats like duck and lamb as well as a seafood treat. We went and sampled the magical dining menu, choosing the seafood minestrone, Florida seafood (the daily fish special) and the smores dish. The seafood "minestrone" was a nicely blended seafood medley with an oyster, shrimp, clams as well as some fresh vegetables - nice light dish, perfect for starter. The Florida seafood was a fish dish we all chose and delicious to the last bite. For desert, we all ordered different items, including the smores, the key lime cheesecake and the French toast bread pudding. By far the table favorite was the French toast bread pudding. Definitely make a reservation!Special Features:
- Great choice for magical diningEmmygreenDined on 9/12/2014We experienced the magical dining menu at K Restaurant, and it was very delicious! We looked at the regular menu as well, and there were certainly some items we would be willing to go back for and try. While everything we tasted was quite good, the portions seemed a little small, but maybe that's due to the magical dining menu? Service was very good--friendly and fairly quick--and we liked the charm of the restaurant being a converted home. We would recommend this restaurant as a great special occasion spot, but it may be a little pricey for your average weekend dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!DDfromSFDined on 9/12/2014We have been to K's many times, we have always received excellent service. We went for Magical Dining with another couple. It was their first visit and they were impressed. The food is incredible. Hats off! We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Food, Poor Service.AmandaDined on 9/12/2014We have been to K MANY times. Each time the menu is fresh and delicious. This place is truly a neighborhood gem. However, the service was horrible this visit. We were rushed and did not appreciate it. In about an hour time frame we had 4 appetizers, 2 salads, and 4 entrees. This was not the evening I envisioned.Special Features:
- Nice find!StavrosDined on 9/10/2014First time visit and very much enjoyed the food and the service, my wife and I will be back.Special Features:
- DeliciousJaybirdDined on 9/8/2014As always, amazing service and unique fresh cuisine.Special Features:
- 2nd great dinnerHotairpilotDined on 9/8/2014This is the second time we have been there. Food outstanding as the first time. Only disappointment was there was no cheese cake on the regular dinner menu. It was on the taste of Orlando menu. From what I saw the portion were smaller than the one we had on the last visit. Service was good but not nearly as good as the first visit. Forgot to offer bread, made no attempt to try to offer the cheese cake as desert as neither one of us like pecans or heavy chocolate. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANOTHER EXCELLENT MEALOscarandAvivasMomVIPDined on 9/8/2014Monday night is typically a slow time for restaurants and it was not as busy as usual. The food was still excellent and the service was excellent too. They offered the Magical Dining menu without being asked, which was a pleasant surprise. We ordered the fried green tomato starter and it did not disappoint. That may be may favorite! Hubby also had the deviled eggs and I had a delicious seafood soup with a broth base. Hubby ate the Elk which was a new dining experience for him and he said it was delicious, tender and very well prepared. The presentation was lovely. I chose the Magical Dining menu and ordered the fish. A great choice. The dessert was s'mores. It was very, very sweet, too much graham cracker for me and I left it.Special Features:
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014Loved this place! Food was great. Dessert was amazing!! Service was exceptional. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bring a flashlightGoodTwinDined on 9/6/2014Everything made for a great evening, delicious food, really good service. However it was so dimly lit that it was challenging to read the menu and the check as the end of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DelightTangerineDined on 9/6/2014Our dinner and service were exceptional as we celebrated our anniversary dinner. The service, food and atmosphere were beyond expectations, as we have experienced before. We will continue to look forward to our next dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in townLaurentDDined on 9/5/2014I am a foodie and I am so depressed by most restaurants in Orlando. But this one, omg! My favorite ever. Delicious refined dishes made with locally sourced fresh ingredients! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014e tried K restaurant during magical dining month based on good reviews, and we were very happy with the food. The bruschetta, pork tenderloin and bread pudding were all exceptional. The gnocchi and gazpacho were good, but nothing special. The atmosphere felt like a neighborhood restaurant were customers are family. For the price, I expected the decor to be a bit fancier, but it was still nice. Only real complaint was small portions. It was enough food for me to feel satisfied, but there wasn't much to share and my husband left feeling hungry. For the price, I would have expected larger portions (based on the regular menu price). Despite that, it was great tasting and quality food, which is unique to the many chain restaurants in Orlando.Special Features:
- first time at K restaurantCheshireVIPDined on 9/4/2014food was fantastic, but noise level was too high. Need to come on a quieter night or maybe for lunch. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oops!lkpruf715Dined on 9/4/2014The restaurant is very loud. I had the gazpacho crab salad- which the tomato was very zesty, the avocados were nice, but no crab anything in my dish. My dinner mate's entree was cold. My husband accidentally ordered off the regular menu and the oysters didn't quite make the mark. And, he received ice cream with his bread pudding and we didn't ( guess that's why the $33). We were excited to be coming here and they missed the mark. The trout was very good, the Caesar salad was wilted - sad that this visit didn't pan out.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food and service was great! We enjoyed the magical dining menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love!StarcrossDined on 8/30/2014Fresh, creative, scrumptious perfectly describe our dining experience at K along with excellent service. The bruschetta and bread pudding are fabulous! I love that the restaurant fresh sources locally and you can taste the fresh ingredients. A million loves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great servicetravelbugDined on 8/28/2014We were celebrating a girlfriends special birthday--it was great food choices, great food, great service--highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!TomBVIPDined on 8/26/2014Our waiter (Rocky) made the night! So hilarious!!! All of the apps, entrees and desserts were outstanding. We will be back :)Special Features:
- Very Nicely DonedonoDined on 8/26/2014K is one of a growing number of neighborhood restaurants that do things their way, not the industry way. First of all, make sure you make a reservation. They are very busy on weekends (we slipped in on a Tuesday with a reservation after being turned away on a Friday night). The food was great, the ambience was delightful (not a big crowd on a weeknight), and the service was outstanding (thanks Stephen with a "ph"). A lot of their items are locally sourced and the menu changes everyday. Definitely check it out - do it during the five weeks of Magical Dining Month for a prix-fixe bargain of three courses for $33!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBrianDined on 8/22/2014Amazing food. Definitely try the mac n cheez! Your server was spot on with wine selection. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.