1710 Edgewater Dr.
Orlando, FL 32804Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kwinebar.com/
- Phone: (407) 872-2332
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30am - 2pm, Dinner: Monday & Tuesday 6 -9pm Wednesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Kevin Fonzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Rooms & restaurant buy out available.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Francoforte 4078722332
- Special Events: Pop up events on Sundays such as farm to table dinners or low country boil as well as a wine tastings and wine dinners.
A word from K restaurant
Chef-owned by Kevin F. Fonzo, a James Beard Award nominee, K restaurant is a nationally recognized, upscale dining restaurant featuring eclectic American cuisine that reflects the season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
K restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
K restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (99)neighborhood gem (98)special occasion (70)romantic (51)notable wine list (34)great for outdoor dining (31)good for groups (13)hot spot (13)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great food / cozy atmosphere.collegeparker123456Dined on 11/22/2014My parents just flew in from out of town and we decided to have dinner at K. Making the reservation through OpenTable was easy and convenient. We had three different appetizers which were all wonderful (try the fried green tomatoes). For dinner we all had a different entree. I ordered the duck and it was the best I have ever had. They were gracious enough to bring out a cake we had brought for a late birthday celebration for my Mom and added candles to it that we had not provided. It was very sweet. Our server was very knowledgeable and the server assistants were as well. Wonderful neighborhood restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always superb!!DiningQueenDined on 11/15/2014K is one of our favorite restaurants!! We bring our out-of-town guests (who also love it) and enjoy before our theatre occasions. The coziness, food, wine and attention is superb! The attendants are professional and not there just to do their job - they are there to please and it shows!! Thank you, K.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Our waiter was an added plus. He has a great sense of humor & we enjoyed it & him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner.....again.OscarandAvivasMomVIPDined on 11/8/2014Three of us dined before the concert, and the staff is very accommodating about our schedule. We had the fried green tomatoes with crab as a starter and it was perfect! Just enough kick in the crab to prepare you for your entrée. Two of us had the drum fish, and it was delicious. The third had the roasted chicken and said it was moist and full of flavor. Dessert was the chocolate selection and not a morsel was left. K's chef is consistent, creative and continues to be a favorite.Special Features:
- Foodie DelightRiggsanDined on 11/5/2014I've dined at a lot of great restaurants and this was one of the best meals I have ever hadSpecial Features:
- Much improvedEpiscodinerDined on 11/5/2014When K first opened they seemed like they were going to be the new "hot" restaurant, but that didn't last. The food was OK- "new American locally sourced" mostly well prepared but some odd combinations, a little too trendy for their own good. Now they seem to hit the mark-better and more thoughtfully prepared food- still trendy but in a good way- occasionally adventurous and delicious. Worth a try, esp of you live close. Small wine list. One criticism- ambience: I think the interior is drab and not as cozy and welcoming as the food and wait staff aspire to be.Special Features:
- AmazingDineoftenVIPDined on 11/1/2014Always amazing but this new duck presentation is over the top. Great with a Pinot Noir and a chocolate cheesecake. The best in O town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely the best in OrlandoNickVIPDined on 10/29/2014A must try - I'm upset I haven't tried this place sooner. Everything was very rich, flavorful and fresh. Every dish we ordered was a hit - we will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 100foodpoliceDined on 10/27/2014Service good, food fair, wine poor, would not return for dinner, maybe try lunch.
- Foodies dreamLamboDined on 10/24/2014Don't expect snything fancy, just great good uniquely done to perfection. Can't wait to do dinner there after experiencing the lunch delightsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/22/2014Excellent once again, the K Filet is my favorite steak around :-)Special Features:
- Always Top Notch!kdyer407Dined on 10/21/2014K Restaurant is always top notch. The menu is always interesting and seasonally focused. The ingredients are always fresh and homemade. Everything we have ever have there is outstanding. The servers are very knowledgeable.Special Features:
- The freshest ingredientsWorldtraveler2VIPDined on 10/20/2014Had a fantastic meal in a converted residential cottage. The menu changes daily to take advantage of the freshest ingredients. The Cobia was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Lovely Anniversary dinnerJustv123Dined on 10/18/2014We wanted some specialty foods at a non chain and this was a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cyndi Kosmickiluv2eatDined on 10/18/2014I have always loved K. Gary my waiter was awesome. I highly recommend. 🍷🍛Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just excellentfleethefactoryDined on 10/18/2014Great restaurant with incredible food, really nice neighborhood feel and doesn't seem intimidating at all, yet the menu can stand up to any fine dining restaurant in town. They don't have a liquor license but don't worry, the beers are great and they have "kocktails" that are delicious drinks with fortified wines as the alcohol source. A great restaurant with an even better future.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014The restaurant was outstanding from appetizer to dessert, all three of us were blown away by each dish we ordered. A bit pricey but worth every penny, highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing evening!!!stptDined on 10/16/2014My wife and I were in Orlando for a conference and we wanted to get away from the typical Disney and universal crowd. We found K on open table and made a 7:00 reservation. When we arrived they were running late but offered us to wait at the bar. This definitely wasn't a negative. The manager took care of us at the bar until a table was available then he served us all night. The food was amazing, you have to try the fried green tomatoes stack. We had a wonderful evening of fine food and wine and highly recommend "K". If you get a chance go!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Tops on My List for OrlandoTheManWhoEats2MuchDined on 10/11/2014I have been coming to this restaurant every time I get a chance for years. The menu changes, but that much. However, what they do is always first class. I go for the favors and food. However the wine choices are well selected to pair with what they serve. Their Fried Green Tomatoes are GREAT!! The prices are consistent with the food/wine quality and service. It is not cheap, but not over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014K was wonderful. I had not been there for some time and what a delightful evening, with wonderful food and wine and the best service!Special Features:
- Best restaurant meal in years!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014If you love food, this place is worth every penny and then some. They spare no expense, everything is fresh with flavor built from the ground up, and the service is fantastic. To those who say portions are small, I have to disagree. My husband and I were extremely satisfied with the helpings, and he is 6'2" with an equally large appetite. :) K restaurant is going up on my pedestal next to the Seven Glaciers Restaurant, which I was fortunate enough to dine at 8 years ago. I have been telling everyone I know about this place and would recommend it to anyone with a passion for good food.Special Features:
- food was okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014My review could be bias because I am surrounded by different cultures of food around me back in San Francisco. I found this restaurant mainly used tomatoes as a "fresh" ingredient and solely based their dishes around it. The plate was very well put together, but the food itself does not justify how much the restaurant was charging per dish. Overall, this place is ok.Special Features:
- Good food and great servicecookie1Dined on 9/30/2014K specializes in local food and serves specials based on the season. The seafood minestrone soup was tasty albeit a bit salty. The house made gnocchi were the best although there was little chicken shredded into the dish. My spouse enjoyed fresh seafood excellently cooked. The serving team concept provided excellent friendly and quick service. I look forward to going back again.Special Features:
- Good food but not amazingpjs98Dined on 9/27/2014We did Magical Dining. Gazpacho was fine, a tiny amount of crab in the center and some little strips of a hard bread. Pork tenderloin with a reduction sauce was perfectly cooked and tasted wonderful. I had a chicken dish with several small potato noodles, a nice mixture of sauce and items from the garden. Portion size is small but ok. Dessert was a cheesecake and french toast bread pudding both good. There were no sides and no bread. They seated folks in shorts and torn jeans on the porch outside. Regular menu looked interesting but for the price I will probably go elsewhere. Service did the job but other staff seemed more fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014Food was great, but portions were small. Way overpriced for what you get. Our waiter was outstanding.Special Features:
- Traveling FoodieFoodDivaDined on 9/24/2014In planning for my business trip to Orlando, I searched the web for hidden gems to dine at. K Restaurant caught my attention because of its unassuming "home" appeal and the fact that the chef is a James Beard award nominee, didn't hurt either. I thoroughly enjoyed the poached pear salad and my Eggplant Parmesan was delicious but the French Toast Bread Pudding was to die for!!! 😍 This Orlando restaurant is a MUST eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- K restuarantDaleDined on 9/22/2014Nice ambiance. Interesting and tasty food. A sign I always like was one item was pulled from the menu because they were not satisfied with one ingredient.Special Features:
- RoseVIPDined on 9/20/2014Always excellent. We went for the magical dining and ended up just ordering off the menu. so many great options.Special Features:
- Fun couples date nightDinnercrewDined on 9/20/2014Enjoyed a nice evening with friends. Some dives were fantastic and others just okay but overall we enjoyed it. The evening was a bit pricey but we enjoyed ourselves and were glad we tried the restaurant. Our waiter Rocky was excellent and we enjoyed his personality. Thanks for a fun night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still our favLilLilVIPDined on 9/20/2014Best food and service in town!!! Always ask for Michael!!! Never fails with all his recommendations. :-)Special Features:
- Best braised goat in FloridaDineoftenVIPDined on 9/20/2014This chef can do it all and we have enjoyed a lot of his specials but his pasta special with butternut squash and braised goat was extraordinary. What will he come up with next? Can't wait to find out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Not only the food was amazing, the service was spectacular! Mike, our server, counldn't have been more accomodating. Excellent job all around. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow-great dinneroviedofoodieDined on 9/15/2014This is only our second visit to K Restaurant. We live on the other side of Orlando, so it is a bit of a drive to get there, but definitely worth it. The ambience is delightful - small quiet dining rooms in an old restored house on Edgewater Drive in College Park. Enough noise and activity that is invigorating, but not so loud that you cannot have a quiet conversation with your dining companion(s). Service was excellent - accommodating, friendly and professional without being intrusive. The food was excellent - interesting preparations with locally sourced fresh ingredients. I had the fish and my partner had the duck. Both dishes were delicious. We shared the chocolate mousse for dessert - chocolatey without being too sweet or rich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!jdogVIPDined on 9/13/2014This local gem features and ever changing menu with delectable treats like duck and lamb as well as a seafood treat. We went and sampled the magical dining menu, choosing the seafood minestrone, Florida seafood (the daily fish special) and the smores dish. The seafood "minestrone" was a nicely blended seafood medley with an oyster, shrimp, clams as well as some fresh vegetables - nice light dish, perfect for starter. The Florida seafood was a fish dish we all chose and delicious to the last bite. For desert, we all ordered different items, including the smores, the key lime cheesecake and the French toast bread pudding. By far the table favorite was the French toast bread pudding. Definitely make a reservation!Special Features:
- Great choice for magical diningEmmygreenDined on 9/12/2014We experienced the magical dining menu at K Restaurant, and it was very delicious! We looked at the regular menu as well, and there were certainly some items we would be willing to go back for and try. While everything we tasted was quite good, the portions seemed a little small, but maybe that's due to the magical dining menu? Service was very good--friendly and fairly quick--and we liked the charm of the restaurant being a converted home. We would recommend this restaurant as a great special occasion spot, but it may be a little pricey for your average weekend dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!DDfromSFDined on 9/12/2014We have been to K's many times, we have always received excellent service. We went for Magical Dining with another couple. It was their first visit and they were impressed. The food is incredible. Hats off! We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Food, Poor Service.AmandaDined on 9/12/2014We have been to K MANY times. Each time the menu is fresh and delicious. This place is truly a neighborhood gem. However, the service was horrible this visit. We were rushed and did not appreciate it. In about an hour time frame we had 4 appetizers, 2 salads, and 4 entrees. This was not the evening I envisioned.Special Features:
- Nice find!StavrosDined on 9/10/2014First time visit and very much enjoyed the food and the service, my wife and I will be back.Special Features:
- DeliciousJaybirdDined on 9/8/2014As always, amazing service and unique fresh cuisine.Special Features:
- 2nd great dinnerHotairpilotDined on 9/8/2014This is the second time we have been there. Food outstanding as the first time. Only disappointment was there was no cheese cake on the regular dinner menu. It was on the taste of Orlando menu. From what I saw the portion were smaller than the one we had on the last visit. Service was good but not nearly as good as the first visit. Forgot to offer bread, made no attempt to try to offer the cheese cake as desert as neither one of us like pecans or heavy chocolate. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.