1710 Edgewater Dr.
Orlando, FL 32804Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kwinebar.com/
- Phone: (407) 872-2332
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30am - 2pm, Dinner: Monday & Tuesday 6 -9pm Wednesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Kevin Fonzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Rooms & restaurant buy out available.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Francoforte 4078722332
- Special Events: Pop up events on Sundays such as farm to table dinners or low country boil as well as a wine tastings and wine dinners.
A word from K restaurant
Chef-owned by Kevin F. Fonzo, a James Beard Award nominee, K restaurant is a nationally recognized, upscale dining restaurant featuring eclectic American cuisine that reflects the season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
K restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
K restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (99)neighborhood gem (97)special occasion (70)romantic (52)notable wine list (34)great for outdoor dining (30)good for groups (13)hot spot (13)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- ANOTHER EXCELLENT MEALOscarandAvivasMomVIPDined on 9/8/2014Monday night is typically a slow time for restaurants and it was not as busy as usual. The food was still excellent and the service was excellent too. They offered the Magical Dining menu without being asked, which was a pleasant surprise. We ordered the fried green tomato starter and it did not disappoint. That may be may favorite! Hubby also had the deviled eggs and I had a delicious seafood soup with a broth base. Hubby ate the Elk which was a new dining experience for him and he said it was delicious, tender and very well prepared. The presentation was lovely. I chose the Magical Dining menu and ordered the fish. A great choice. The dessert was s'mores. It was very, very sweet, too much graham cracker for me and I left it.Special Features:
- Great date nightSarahinflVIPDined on 9/6/2014Loved this place! Food was great. Dessert was amazing!! Service was exceptional. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bring a flashlightGoodTwinDined on 9/6/2014Everything made for a great evening, delicious food, really good service. However it was so dimly lit that it was challenging to read the menu and the check as the end of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DelightTangerineDined on 9/6/2014Our dinner and service were exceptional as we celebrated our anniversary dinner. The service, food and atmosphere were beyond expectations, as we have experienced before. We will continue to look forward to our next dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in townLaurentDDined on 9/5/2014I am a foodie and I am so depressed by most restaurants in Orlando. But this one, omg! My favorite ever. Delicious refined dishes made with locally sourced fresh ingredients! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014e tried K restaurant during magical dining month based on good reviews, and we were very happy with the food. The bruschetta, pork tenderloin and bread pudding were all exceptional. The gnocchi and gazpacho were good, but nothing special. The atmosphere felt like a neighborhood restaurant were customers are family. For the price, I expected the decor to be a bit fancier, but it was still nice. Only real complaint was small portions. It was enough food for me to feel satisfied, but there wasn't much to share and my husband left feeling hungry. For the price, I would have expected larger portions (based on the regular menu price). Despite that, it was great tasting and quality food, which is unique to the many chain restaurants in Orlando.Special Features:
- first time at K restaurantCheshireVIPDined on 9/4/2014food was fantastic, but noise level was too high. Need to come on a quieter night or maybe for lunch. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oops!lkpruf715Dined on 9/4/2014The restaurant is very loud. I had the gazpacho crab salad- which the tomato was very zesty, the avocados were nice, but no crab anything in my dish. My dinner mate's entree was cold. My husband accidentally ordered off the regular menu and the oysters didn't quite make the mark. And, he received ice cream with his bread pudding and we didn't ( guess that's why the $33). We were excited to be coming here and they missed the mark. The trout was very good, the Caesar salad was wilted - sad that this visit didn't pan out.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food and service was great! We enjoyed the magical dining menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love!StarcrossDined on 8/30/2014Fresh, creative, scrumptious perfectly describe our dining experience at K along with excellent service. The bruschetta and bread pudding are fabulous! I love that the restaurant fresh sources locally and you can taste the fresh ingredients. A million loves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great servicetravelbugDined on 8/28/2014We were celebrating a girlfriends special birthday--it was great food choices, great food, great service--highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!TomBVIPDined on 8/26/2014Our waiter (Rocky) made the night! So hilarious!!! All of the apps, entrees and desserts were outstanding. We will be back :)Special Features:
- Very Nicely DonedonoDined on 8/26/2014K is one of a growing number of neighborhood restaurants that do things their way, not the industry way. First of all, make sure you make a reservation. They are very busy on weekends (we slipped in on a Tuesday with a reservation after being turned away on a Friday night). The food was great, the ambience was delightful (not a big crowd on a weeknight), and the service was outstanding (thanks Stephen with a "ph"). A lot of their items are locally sourced and the menu changes everyday. Definitely check it out - do it during the five weeks of Magical Dining Month for a prix-fixe bargain of three courses for $33!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBrianDined on 8/22/2014Amazing food. Definitely try the mac n cheez! Your server was spot on with wine selection. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Experience!DiningDivaDined on 8/22/2014This was my first time at K Restaurant. I had heard great things about it and wanted to check it out. I took my friend for her birthday dinner there and we both loved it. Our server, Gary, was awesome. The food runners were very efficient. From the appetizer to the dessert, our food was top notch! I cannot wait to eat here again!Special Features:
- PbchmanDined on 8/22/2014We had absolutely no complaint about the service, which was friendly and efficient. However, although the restaurant was fairly busy on a Friday night, we don't believe it is worth a special trip. The food was so so and we would find it hard to recommend this restaurant on the merits of its food.
- JUST FANTASTIC.njeater987VIPDined on 8/21/2014Every last thing. Service - superb; food - outstanding; wine / beer - awesome.... a FANTASTIC find in / near the Disney area as an alternative to (blech) park-food.Special Features:
- Food is worth the hypeSamsterVIPDined on 8/21/2014The food at K lived up to the hype. We started with the deviled eggs which were really good. We ordered the filet and duck breast as main courses. Both were excellent. Filet had a nice crust and was cooked perfect. The potato gratin served underneath was addictive! It was in an old house which wasn't what I was expecting. However for low ceilings and small space, the noise level wasn't bothersome at all. All in all, really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Tallboy48Dined on 8/20/2014Delicious food, great service, solid wine list! Great choice for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dealcmr6abDined on 8/20/2014I really enjoy the $5.00 Wednesday Hamburgers. I've only been twice and both on Wednesday. Our burgers were a little mixed up and didn't seen as "plump" as the first time. Very good flavor, great buns and great homemade chips. I'll be back. Thanks for offering the great deal Wednesday.Special Features:
- Great meal!RebeccaFloridaDined on 8/16/2014We couldn't decided what we wanted from the many tempting options on this ever changing menu, so we opted for a number of small plates. Each was well thought out and beautifully presented. The oysters, fig, and goat dishes stood out. The GM was excellent and made sure I had wine(s) that complimented my food. The one minor kitchen error we encountered was immediately addressed generously and apologetically (I got the impression such errors are rare) and didn't detract from an excellent dining experience. Great food, great service - we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Place in OrlandoMissMurphyDined on 8/15/2014We love this place and celebrate most special occasions there. The menu is creative and everything is fresh and well prepared. Our server, Rocky, is a special request. He delights my daughter and is very kind to children who sometimes dine with their families. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted to sit outside-stupid rainMcFly5585VIPDined on 8/11/2014We had been wanting to come to here for a while and finally had the chance. The food was great- the "problem" with a menu that changes daily is that you kind of only have one shot to try a dish- however, the fact that there are dates printed on the menu and the ingredients change daily with availability is awesome- it was difficult to choose but the grilled peach salad and triggerfish I had were great as was my dining companion's f'waffle (foie gras + waffle) duck. The service was a little disappointing- we weren't regulars and that was evident in the service we received. The only annoyance of the night was another table of diners who decided to watch a video on their phone- loudly. We both agreed that we would come back though.Special Features:
- K is delicious encounterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Kevin Fonzo's K Restaurant doesn't dissapoint- geat food and good ambiance. The fried green tomatoes are a great start and the duck dish and lobster pasta dinner were so amazing, we couldn't choose a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint place with incredible foodAdriMariDined on 8/8/2014I took my boyfriend to K Restaurant for his birthday dinner. The food was perfect, I had the Sea Urchin pasta and he had Gnocchi Carbonara...they were both rich and incredibly flavorful. Our server Gary was friendly and knowledgable. The restaurant is small, perfect for a group of 4 or less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinnerMCKCDined on 8/5/2014This is one of the best hidden treasures of Orlando. Food, service & wine are all excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total Surprise!BarbecueOnlyDined on 7/31/2014What an amazing place K Restaurant is! I have been talking about it for the past 3 or 4 days with my family and friends. The Waiters are Great and help you with all your selections, and the food is even better! Make sure you try the Lobster Mac & Cheese, Fried Green Tomatoes and Shrimp Creole! Was not expecting this! Read the reviews on Open Table and took a chance and glad I did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service!RealfoodieTampabayDined on 7/30/2014The food was really well-thought out and perfect, as we heard and hoped it would be. But the service we received from Gary was outstanding! He was laid back, very naturally knowledgeable and confident and on point with every aspect of our meal. We had a wonderful time and our 3 kids agreed it was "the best place ever!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 663 reviews are from the K restaurant reviews archive.
- Amazing!VasolitaVIPDined on 7/25/2014We had the pleasure of finding this place last minute on a short trip to. Orlando. Being from Chicago, we had no idea where to eat but we love food! This place was incredible! Chicken livers were so good--crispy with a wonderful blackberry jam. We adored the fried green tomatoes and our cheesecake in a glass dessert with dragon fruit was such a treat and a nice taste of the area. Much of what is served here comes straight from the chefs garden and it shows! I hope we have reason to be back in Orlando just so we can eat there again! We adored our waiter who was knowledgeable, attentive and funny! Don't miss this place!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/23/2014Best food- Best Service- Great atmosphere- Just cannot beat K!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/22/2014Fantastic... as always! Took friends who hadn't been before... they absolutely loved it! I'm sure they will want to accompany us again! ;)Special Features:
- Consistent in qualityMCKCDined on 7/22/2014K continues to impress us on every visit. The food is always full of great flavors and so fresh!Special Features:
- EnjoyedDakotaBrown1VIPDined on 7/17/2014We sat on the front porch and were able to bring our dog which was great. You don't find restaurants of this caliber who allow dogs so this was a real find for us. The service was excellent. The deviled eggs were tasty, salads clean and fresh, and the ricotta gnocchi delicious (large portion). We enjoyed our dining experience very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best server in townOrlandoEricDined on 7/11/2014Rockie makes every meal better with his guidance and his entertainment!Special Features:
- K's great, creative foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/8/2014Been going since the downtown CP location so not new to K's. I live on east side of town so don't get there as much as I would like to. Sometimes wish there was a 5 or 5:30 opening but understand prep work time needed. Love the summer brunch times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HoneymoonersAddkellDined on 7/7/2014Stopped in for dinner while staying in Orlando for our honeymoon. The food was excellent. We ordered the crab cake appetizer, which is a rare item we were told, it was perfect. The rest of the meal continued with him marks. Everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleSuzyDined on 7/3/2014Went here for a special occasion and it was a perfect night filled with great food, excellent service, and a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RockySundayDriverVIPDined on 7/2/2014Enjoyed a wonderful dinner on a quiet evening. We were very fortunate to have Rocky as our server. He had excellent suggestions regarding menu selections and offered an amazing substitution for my request for Pomme Frites (which they do not or would not make) Instead he brought out house made chips with blue cheese, which were delicious. I had the mussels in a curry sauce. Amazing. My husband had the Seafood Bouillabaisse, which was also top notch. Enjoyed the extensive wine list from which we ordered a Ladera Howell Mountain Cab! Yummy. Most of all we had fun fun fun due to Rocky's "entertainment" style of table service. A refreshing change from the mostly good yet uninterested service one receives at most restaurants these days.Special Features:
- Even have herb/veggie gardenLuv2tryDined on 7/1/2014Such a great restaurant. This was our second time at K, but our first at new location. The food both times was memorable and delicious, but I liked this location better because it feels like you're dining in an old house (which I think technically you are). If you like new hip decor this is not for you... It's all about the service and food here. Had the shrimp and grits which was spectacular. Also tried the bacon & ricotta gnocchi which was sooo light and airy yet rich with flavor. It was a quiet night so service was fast and fun. Definitely will go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not so good serviceBrendaVIPDined on 6/28/2014I have been wanting to dine a K for a long while; had heard of the great food being served there. I was not disappointed with the food but unfortunately our server did not give us the kind of service you would expect at an upscale restaurant like K's. The short rib my husband had was super tender and tasty. My gnocchi was also excellent. We did a 3 course special for the month of June and everything we had was great. But the service did detract from our dining experience. We were never asked if we wanted more wine or if we wanted coffee with dessert. I don't know if I would return.Special Features: