1710 Edgewater Dr.
Orlando, FL 32804Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kwinebar.com/
- Phone: 4078722332
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30am - 2pm, Dinner: Monday & Tuesday 6 -9pm Wednesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Kevin Fonzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Rooms & restaurant buy out available.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Francoforte 4078722332
- Special Events: Pop up events on Sundays such as farm to table dinners or low country boil as well as a wine tastings and wine dinners.
A word from K restaurant
Chef-owned by Kevin F. Fonzo, a James Beard Award nominee, K restaurant is a nationally recognized, upscale dining restaurant featuring eclectic American cuisine that reflects the season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
K restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
K restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (88)neighborhood gem (79)special occasion (68)romantic (56)notable wine list (35)great for outdoor dining (24)good for groups (16)great for lunch (11)hot spot (11)great for brunch (6)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Very Nicely DonedonoDined on 8/26/2014K is one of a growing number of neighborhood restaurants that do things their way, not the industry way. First of all, make sure you make a reservation. They are very busy on weekends (we slipped in on a Tuesday with a reservation after being turned away on a Friday night). The food was great, the ambience was delightful (not a big crowd on a weeknight), and the service was outstanding (thanks Stephen with a "ph"). A lot of their items are locally sourced and the menu changes everyday. Definitely check it out - do it during the five weeks of Magical Dining Month for a prix-fixe bargain of three courses for $33!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBrianDined on 8/22/2014Amazing food. Definitely try the mac n cheez! Your server was spot on with wine selection. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Experience!DiningDivaDined on 8/22/2014This was my first time at K Restaurant. I had heard great things about it and wanted to check it out. I took my friend for her birthday dinner there and we both loved it. Our server, Gary, was awesome. The food runners were very efficient. From the appetizer to the dessert, our food was top notch! I cannot wait to eat here again!Special Features:
- PbchmanDined on 8/22/2014We had absolutely no complaint about the service, which was friendly and efficient. However, although the restaurant was fairly busy on a Friday night, we don't believe it is worth a special trip. The food was so so and we would find it hard to recommend this restaurant on the merits of its food.
- JUST FANTASTIC.njeater987VIPDined on 8/21/2014Every last thing. Service - superb; food - outstanding; wine / beer - awesome.... a FANTASTIC find in / near the Disney area as an alternative to (blech) park-food.Special Features:
- Food is worth the hypeSamsterVIPDined on 8/21/2014The food at K lived up to the hype. We started with the deviled eggs which were really good. We ordered the filet and duck breast as main courses. Both were excellent. Filet had a nice crust and was cooked perfect. The potato gratin served underneath was addictive! It was in an old house which wasn't what I was expecting. However for low ceilings and small space, the noise level wasn't bothersome at all. All in all, really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Tallboy48Dined on 8/20/2014Delicious food, great service, solid wine list! Great choice for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dealcmr6abDined on 8/20/2014I really enjoy the $5.00 Wednesday Hamburgers. I've only been twice and both on Wednesday. Our burgers were a little mixed up and didn't seen as "plump" as the first time. Very good flavor, great buns and great homemade chips. I'll be back. Thanks for offering the great deal Wednesday.Special Features:
- Great meal!RebeccaFloridaDined on 8/16/2014We couldn't decided what we wanted from the many tempting options on this ever changing menu, so we opted for a number of small plates. Each was well thought out and beautifully presented. The oysters, fig, and goat dishes stood out. The GM was excellent and made sure I had wine(s) that complimented my food. The one minor kitchen error we encountered was immediately addressed generously and apologetically (I got the impression such errors are rare) and didn't detract from an excellent dining experience. Great food, great service - we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Place in OrlandoMissMurphyDined on 8/15/2014We love this place and celebrate most special occasions there. The menu is creative and everything is fresh and well prepared. Our server, Rocky, is a special request. He delights my daughter and is very kind to children who sometimes dine with their families. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted to sit outside-stupid rainMcFly5585VIPDined on 8/11/2014We had been wanting to come to here for a while and finally had the chance. The food was great- the "problem" with a menu that changes daily is that you kind of only have one shot to try a dish- however, the fact that there are dates printed on the menu and the ingredients change daily with availability is awesome- it was difficult to choose but the grilled peach salad and triggerfish I had were great as was my dining companion's f'waffle (foie gras + waffle) duck. The service was a little disappointing- we weren't regulars and that was evident in the service we received. The only annoyance of the night was another table of diners who decided to watch a video on their phone- loudly. We both agreed that we would come back though.Special Features:
- K is delicious encounterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Kevin Fonzo's K Restaurant doesn't dissapoint- geat food and good ambiance. The fried green tomatoes are a great start and the duck dish and lobster pasta dinner were so amazing, we couldn't choose a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint place with incredible foodAdriMariDined on 8/8/2014I took my boyfriend to K Restaurant for his birthday dinner. The food was perfect, I had the Sea Urchin pasta and he had Gnocchi Carbonara...they were both rich and incredibly flavorful. Our server Gary was friendly and knowledgable. The restaurant is small, perfect for a group of 4 or less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinnerMCKCDined on 8/5/2014This is one of the best hidden treasures of Orlando. Food, service & wine are all excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total Surprise!BarbecueOnlyDined on 7/31/2014What an amazing place K Restaurant is! I have been talking about it for the past 3 or 4 days with my family and friends. The Waiters are Great and help you with all your selections, and the food is even better! Make sure you try the Lobster Mac & Cheese, Fried Green Tomatoes and Shrimp Creole! Was not expecting this! Read the reviews on Open Table and took a chance and glad I did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service!RealfoodieTampabayDined on 7/30/2014The food was really well-thought out and perfect, as we heard and hoped it would be. But the service we received from Gary was outstanding! He was laid back, very naturally knowledgeable and confident and on point with every aspect of our meal. We had a wonderful time and our 3 kids agreed it was "the best place ever!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!VasolitaVIPDined on 7/25/2014We had the pleasure of finding this place last minute on a short trip to. Orlando. Being from Chicago, we had no idea where to eat but we love food! This place was incredible! Chicken livers were so good--crispy with a wonderful blackberry jam. We adored the fried green tomatoes and our cheesecake in a glass dessert with dragon fruit was such a treat and a nice taste of the area. Much of what is served here comes straight from the chefs garden and it shows! I hope we have reason to be back in Orlando just so we can eat there again! We adored our waiter who was knowledgeable, attentive and funny! Don't miss this place!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/23/2014Best food- Best Service- Great atmosphere- Just cannot beat K!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/22/2014Fantastic... as always! Took friends who hadn't been before... they absolutely loved it! I'm sure they will want to accompany us again! ;)Special Features:
- Consistent in qualityMCKCDined on 7/22/2014K continues to impress us on every visit. The food is always full of great flavors and so fresh!Special Features:
- EnjoyedDakotaBrown1VIPDined on 7/17/2014We sat on the front porch and were able to bring our dog which was great. You don't find restaurants of this caliber who allow dogs so this was a real find for us. The service was excellent. The deviled eggs were tasty, salads clean and fresh, and the ricotta gnocchi delicious (large portion). We enjoyed our dining experience very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best server in townOrlandoEricDined on 7/11/2014Rockie makes every meal better with his guidance and his entertainment!Special Features:
- K's great, creative foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/8/2014Been going since the downtown CP location so not new to K's. I live on east side of town so don't get there as much as I would like to. Sometimes wish there was a 5 or 5:30 opening but understand prep work time needed. Love the summer brunch times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HoneymoonersAddkellDined on 7/7/2014Stopped in for dinner while staying in Orlando for our honeymoon. The food was excellent. We ordered the crab cake appetizer, which is a rare item we were told, it was perfect. The rest of the meal continued with him marks. Everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleSuzyDined on 7/3/2014Went here for a special occasion and it was a perfect night filled with great food, excellent service, and a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RockySundayDriverVIPDined on 7/2/2014Enjoyed a wonderful dinner on a quiet evening. We were very fortunate to have Rocky as our server. He had excellent suggestions regarding menu selections and offered an amazing substitution for my request for Pomme Frites (which they do not or would not make) Instead he brought out house made chips with blue cheese, which were delicious. I had the mussels in a curry sauce. Amazing. My husband had the Seafood Bouillabaisse, which was also top notch. Enjoyed the extensive wine list from which we ordered a Ladera Howell Mountain Cab! Yummy. Most of all we had fun fun fun due to Rocky's "entertainment" style of table service. A refreshing change from the mostly good yet uninterested service one receives at most restaurants these days.Special Features:
- Even have herb/veggie gardenLuv2tryDined on 7/1/2014Such a great restaurant. This was our second time at K, but our first at new location. The food both times was memorable and delicious, but I liked this location better because it feels like you're dining in an old house (which I think technically you are). If you like new hip decor this is not for you... It's all about the service and food here. Had the shrimp and grits which was spectacular. Also tried the bacon & ricotta gnocchi which was sooo light and airy yet rich with flavor. It was a quiet night so service was fast and fun. Definitely will go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not so good serviceBrendaDined on 6/28/2014I have been wanting to dine a K for a long while; had heard of the great food being served there. I was not disappointed with the food but unfortunately our server did not give us the kind of service you would expect at an upscale restaurant like K's. The short rib my husband had was super tender and tasty. My gnocchi was also excellent. We did a 3 course special for the month of June and everything we had was great. But the service did detract from our dining experience. We were never asked if we wanted more wine or if we wanted coffee with dessert. I don't know if I would return.Special Features:
- Consistency MattersjohngugelDined on 6/28/2014K is the most consistent restaurant in this area. If you want an "always good" experience K is the choice!Special Features:
- A wonderful findYumYumVIPDined on 6/23/2014This is a creative local chef using local ingredients to create inventive dishes and present them beautifully to the table. It is a comfortable environment and staff is personable and knowledgeable about menu. Good wines by the glass. No complaints, only praiseSpecial Features:
- repeat visiteatcflDined on 6/21/2014Spectacular Fried Green tomatoes. Each dish we had exciting layers of flavors and textures.... perfect place to taste and enjoy an evening.Special Features:
- Hot wineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014The wine was hot and too many itens of the menu was sold out or are not presentSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/20/2014We went to K for the bite30 promo but were disappointed because one of the entrees was not available and no substitute was offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaptainDined on 6/14/2014The food was excellent. I had the buffalo and my wife had the filet. Both were cooked to perfection. Rocky our waiter was fabulous - entertaining and great service.
- Good valueBillDined on 6/13/2014Great food. Great price. They participate in the bite30 program which made it even better. Portions were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soFormerVirginianDined on 6/11/2014Gnocchi had no flavor, cerviche was topped with popcorn (which didn't EVEN go together). Otherwise, shrimp creole was fine, fish over corn succotash was good, and bread pudding was good.
- Restaurant WeekDowntowOtownDined on 6/7/2014We love K Restaurant, and eat there whenever we can! We happened to be in during Orlando's "Restaurant Week" and enjoyed a prixe fix menu including app, entrée and dessert for only $30. The portions are a bit smaller, which is actually kind of nice. As always the service was fantastic, as were the local, fresh ingredients and of course the wine! Thanks, K!Special Features:
- Just OKMillersVIPDined on 6/6/2014The server was the one who made the evening. Everything else was just mediocre. No alcohol and the place was SUPER tiny and steaming hot inside. Not going to run back here anytime soon.
- Always perfectMayanneVIPDined on 6/5/2014What a spectacular dinner -- the menu was filled with great choices. The prix fixe was a great bargain - shrimp and grits appetizer, a fantastic ghnocchi entree and then a bread-pudding dessert that was among the best I've ever had. Great service. Really I cannot think of a single thing that I would improve.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 6/2/2014The food at K Restaurant is consistently great and with a menu that changes daily, there's lots of variety! Staff is very welcoming and does their best to make every visit enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.