JW's Steakhouse - Marriott LAX
5855 West Century Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90045Neighborhood:
LAX / Westchester
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
JW's Steakhouse - Marriott LAX
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/restaurant/laxap-los-angeles-airport-marriott/
- Phone: (310) 641-5700
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Thomas O'Keefe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer three private rooms with the largest holding up to 40 guests. We also feature an exclusive private room that seats up to 12 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jacob Vogelgesang 3104206765x
A word from JW's Steakhouse - Marriott LAX
JW's Steakhouse, located at the Los Angeles Airport Marriott, just blocks away from the airport on Century Boulevard. Plan a celebration, an important business meeting or a private party and JW's Steakhouse will make it perfect.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
JW's Steakhouse - Marriott LAX - Best Restaurants in LAX / Westchester ›
JW's Steakhouse - Marriott LAX reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (10)fit for foodies (9)romantic (9)notable wine list (8)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- A very enjoyable nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2014A very enjoyable night, it was my wife's birthday and we had a good time. The steaks were superb and our waiter Jose was very knowledgeable and helpful on my wife's dietary needs for Coeliac disease. Thank you for a great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!AlanFDined on 11/10/2014Spent a special night here celebrating daughter's engagement with her fiancé. Everything was about as good as it could be, given it was still a hotel restaurant. We've eaten at the best, all over the world, so while it doesn't match a Lutece or Cote Basque, it's still quite a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/4/2014Food surprisingly good at an airport hotel but the service was not good- we were the first table seated but it took ove 30 minutes to take our orderI would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected delightful find!MFRFrancesDined on 10/31/2014Everything one could ask for in a quality restaurant and found this gem by chance. The service was excellent (THANK YOU, AGUSTIN), ambiance delightful and the food was perfect. We had the lobster bisque which is often overly thickened in many restaurants. Not here! The perfect consistency. We had the scallops which were also cooked to perfection and couple of sides (creamed spinach and sautéed mushrooms) - also delicious! We each had a cocktail, which was also mixed with some style. Parking is free with dinner, which is good because the prices are at least $$$, but not overpriced for the quality, at all.Special Features:
- Nice PlacechowhoundDined on 10/7/2014A friend came in to town via LAX for one night and this was a great location to meet. The front of house staff were all courteous, professional and responsive. The wine list was extensive and had some nice labels at an affordable price. We both had steaks; my friend had the rib eye and I had the petite filet. Both were cooked well and to temperature but nothing extraordinary. Salads and vegetables were prepared well and to our requests. All in all, a very acceptable meal in a relaxing atmosphere that was well worth the money.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencetimepilot67Dined on 9/23/2014Shared an excellent meal with work colleagues during a conference. Staff was helpful, knowledgeable and patient. Wine list is _very_ complete and enticing. Meat cut were superb and cooked to exacting perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014The worst part was the service!!!! Our server did check in on us on occasion. However, did not offer my husband one of the sauces offered on the menu with the meat even after I ordered mine with sauce When my husband samples the amazing horseradish I asked him why he did not get a sauce. He called our server over and asked him why he did not offer it when he ordered. All our server could say was I can bring one now. Then he only offered my husband three of the eight on the menu. I believe in leaving at least a quarter for poor service just so they get the message but my husband left no tip. Completely ruined our one date night in six weeks and a bad send off for my husband who is traveling for business.
- Bad service mediocre foodHungryPandaDined on 8/20/2014First I was served bread but no drink order taken, and they didn't even give me the standard glass of water every other restaurant in America gives you when you sit down. THen, once my waitress found out that I wasn't going to order wine or a steak, she completely blew me off. I finished my bottle of Pelligrino halfway through my dinner but couldn't find her to order another one or even another drink. I had planned on ordering dessert, but since she couldn't be bothered to wait on me I decided not to give the restaurant any more of my money. Too bad, had she actually done her job she could have added money to the bill and therefore her tip. I guess neither she nor JW's needs the money.
- Surprisingly GoodPsyDocDined on 8/10/2014This restaurant is located inside the LAX Airport Marriott and is one of the nicest hotel restaurants in terms of ambience and food. It was refreshing to eat somewhere where the music was not blaring and the service was professional. The pasta dish we had was very good and fresh. I thought the shrimp cocktail was subpar only because I found the prawns were a bit too large and, thereby, tough. Wine list was quite adequate. A bit on the pricey side, but we thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the experience. We would go back when in LA in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyBigFanDined on 8/9/2014We thought that staying in meant that we would miss out on LA's dining scene, great food and service but Augustine was a fantastic help, kind, funny and engaging. The food was very good as I had swordfish cooked to perfection and my dining companion had lovely, nice sized scallops which were fresh and also perfectly seared. We'd go back and enjoy the staff, the food and the convenience of fine dining at our hotel (of all places!).Special Features:
- EXCELLENT!!! @ an airport hotel ???Joe3Dined on 8/2/2014Quintessential steak house of excellent quality, with outstanding service and a great wine list. What are these guys doing at the airport? If I would live in LA, I would go to the airport just to eat here (seriously, it was that juicy and great-overall). Put differently, if they open up shop in Miami airport, I WILL eat there regularly. Cost: half a bottle of Moet & Chandon, a $100 bottle of cabernet, 2 shrimp cocktails, 2 steaks, one side, no dessert nor coffee, 20% tip: $ 300. So what are you waiting for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 30 reviews are from the JW's Steakhouse - Marriott LAX reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014Excellent restaurant with great steaks and great service.
- romeoandjulietDined on 6/14/2014my husband and I made a dinner reservation through open table. It worked out perfectly with our schedule, we had a wonderful meal and we were able to catch our flight as well.! with no airplane food!!
- JW is a great steakhouseNewOrleansFoodLoverVIPDined on 6/5/2014The Rib eye steak was outstanding. All the food was great, and the service was excellent. Wedge Salad was terrific as well.Special Features:
- Great Food, horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/5/2014We had the bone in rib eye and it was amazing. The sides were very good too. Too bad the service was terrible! It took us 45 minutes to just place our order and that was after I flagged down the waiter. I know some places like to let you enjoy yourself and take your time, but this was ridiculous. I would plan on good food, but bad service.Special Features:
- Nice surprise!HappydinerDined on 4/12/2014JW's Steakhouse is a wonderful surprise! The Maître d' found me some spare reading glasses. You forget you are in an airport hotel because the level of dining, service and food goes way beyond expectations. For a single diner, it's excellent to be entertained watching the two chefs preparing the dishes to order as a feature in the dining room. My waiter was very friendly and brought me a sample of the Ernie Els red wine to consider before I made my choice. Fun. Above all, the staff went out of their way to make it a good experience, the food was fresh, beautifully presented, delicious and they offer a variety of portion sizes for the steaks so you don't have to be overwhelmed. It was good value for money. Very recommendable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were pleasantly surprised.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/29/2014We were pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel food never tasted so goodLuvfoodDined on 3/5/2014I travel a lot, so finding a restaurant in the hotel I'm staying in that is absolutely delicious is a real find. Sometimes you just don't want to go out and want to be able to have a couple of drinks without worrying about driving, in a strange city and with traffic. This place will not only see my business, but also will be one thing that keeps me coming back to the Marriott instead of the multiple other places I could stay. The steak was excellent, the staff very friendly, and the wedge salad was different than others I've had, and very delicious. My dining companion had the spinach salad and that was also delicious. The bread basket had a nice assortment of rolls, and don't skip the Creme Brûlée !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JW Hits Home Runjerryk3VIPDined on 2/21/2014Recently dined at JW during overnight stay near LAX airport. Had low expectations for restaurant located in Marriott LAX Hotel. I was more than surprised with the terrific food and service at JW. The filet was better than my recent trips to Ruth Chris and Mortons...nice caesar salad and terrific servce made for a memorable meal at JW. When I fly through LAX I will be sure to dine at JW.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cozy, pleasantlauraDined on 2/15/2014we had an enjoyable post Valentine's dinner here, it was pleasant and convenient since we were staying at the hotel, food was fine, service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Dinner at Gallifreyjayjay51Dined on 2/15/2014This is a great special occasion spot. Reservations are required if you want to be sure to get in. It's expensive but worth it. I had the filet mignon and lobster with side of asparagus with hollandaise and baked potato. All was wonderful and I believe Gordon Ramsey would approve. I plan to go again next year when I am there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eats in a handy hotelScotchAndSteakSavantVIPDined on 2/15/2014The LAX Marriott is conveniently located and reasonably priced, and it's a very good thing to have a range of in-house dining to choose from. JW's is right off the lobby yet feels cushioned and elegant. They can certainly cook steak, and the service is old-world hospitable. The one thing to be aware of is that tables near the lobby side may experience "whispering gallery" effects into the lobby due to the decorative arch windows. If your plans take you near LAX and you want a City Grill-like experience at incrementally lower cost, give JW's a thought.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerChrisDined on 2/14/2014Jw's Steakhouse is a very nice experience, the wait staff is very curtious, the hostess was very pleasant, the food was amazing, and we loved the pretzels. The only negative thing was that there was a large convention going on and the lobby to the hotel was very crowded and the noise level was kinda high, but all in all a very very nice place to eat a romantic dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicelauraDined on 2/14/2014Good food and good service. Impressed with the knowledge and the attentiveness of the wait staff. I would recommend this to anyone in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration for a Great Report CardGoodheartDined on 2/8/2014My family and I - which includes two teenagers - had a wonderful dinner. The steakhouse was very busy but it felt like we were the only ones being served. Attentive and knowledgeable wait staff. We arrived 15 minutes early and the hostess was very gracious and said we can seat you right away. As she left the table she congratulated my daughter on her report card - I added this in my reservation as reason for dining out - had no idea that they actually read those things. Food was fantastic. Brandt beef was amazing. Extensive wine list with many options under $50. I had no idea that they are also recognized by Wine Spectator Magazine as well. Nice touch. The tasting desserts were out of this world too. Great dinner overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the steak was delicious. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/13/2013the steak was delicious. Service was ok we just went there because it was close to the place we were staying and we could walk. but overall, it was good. Price was a bit high.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed BlessingDaniDinerVIPDined on 8/29/2013My daughter and I went here for a special occasion. She ordered a filet and I ordered the Prix Fixe menu with a Lobster Bisque, Filet Medallions & Shrimp, and Crème Brulee. Her meal was quite splendid and my fair to poor. Her filet was a reasonable size and cooked as she asked. My meal had a rather fine Lobster Bisque, a good tasting but rather meager portion of Filet, and a very cold Crème Brulee. The Crème Brulee was obviously prepared much earlier in the evening and put in the "frig". It was really awful and I did not finish it. We spent close to $150 for dinner with only one glass of wine for me. The meal was not worth half that price. Overall it was a disappointment on what was supposed to be a special evening.
- Really good option for LAXLisamc1061VIPDined on 6/27/2013Really good option for LAX area. We are here to wait for traffic to die down. Service was outstanding, food was good. Great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/8/2013My family wanted steak and we didn't want to make the drive out to Flemings or Ruth's Chris. Since we live near LAX, we decided to give this place a try. Valet parking was free and easy. Our waiter was awesome and the food was great. They even made a nice chicken pasta dish for my daughter. Nice to know there is a great steakhouse close by. People in LA often have a sigma against restaurants in hotels which is a shame because this place is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night outCaseyRDined on 5/31/2013My wife and I had a great date night here. Our server (Augustine) was attentive, professional and made us feel like we were guests in his home. The food was delicious too, I had the dry aged New York, cooked to perfection and full of flavor. Loved the atmosphere and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a 4 out of 5Canuckslove2dineDined on 5/9/2013Great place for dining, food was cooked to perfection and the service was was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a hotel restaurant closeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/18/2013For a hotel restaurant close to the airport, the dining was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything about the JW SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2013Everything about the JW Steakhouse is excellent. The service was spot on. Professional but not stuffy. The food was absolutly perfect. The Ribeye is crazy good. We were 3 very hungry business people - and were full and happy when we walked away. $204 for the 3 of us is very reasonable.Special Features:
- Was extremely pleased by thisMattVIPDined on 2/28/2013Was extremely pleased by this restaurant. Every person we interacted with was fantastic. Our waiter was prompt, friendly, funny and knowledgeable about the menu. He was able to recommend a mid-range wine based on the hodgepodge of information we gave him about what we liked. Food was delectable. I had the medallions, with a side of cream of spinach. My companion had the filet with mushrooms. All in all, we will be back.Special Features:
- My review is not based onOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2013My review is not based on the food, but the service. It was terrible. Once we were seated we were forgotten about. We got to our table at approx. 7:05pm and sat. And sat. And sat. Finally I saw a bus boy and asked for water and an additional place setting. He glared at me, left for a while, came back and TOSSED the place setting on the table and didn't bother arranging it. Brought us a wine glass we didn't ask for and left (no water). Our waiter finally came by and said hello, but that was it. It was 30 minutes before we could order and nearly an hour before we finally got our food and they'd gotten that wrong. The hostess was great and one bus boy was friendly, but that was it. I won't be back and neither will any of my friends.
- Better off going to Sizzler!PeruvianDinersVIPDined on 2/15/2013It was very frenetic as the restaurant is fairly open to the hotel lobby and when there was a Dr Who convention taking place. Our server was very attentive, but the food aside from my steak was not very good. The lobster bisque was the worst I have ever had. It was as if it had been poured out of a Campbell's soup can wihtout any water added and some not so fresh looking pieces of "lobster?" sprinkled on top. It was not the creamy soup I was expecting. The mushroom sauce was also weak and the grilled asparagus was only palatable because the asparagus was fresh. Incredibly overpriced for what you get and expect! I've had better meals at Sizzler.
- expect hotel prices. openOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013expect hotel prices. open grill. no long wait. takes reservations even during crowded time. Will honor reservation even if you sign in early. would go again.Special Features:
- This is an excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/17/2013This is an excellent restaurant for an airport hotel. We've eaten here several times and it's always very good--food, service, decor, etc. We made our reservations using Open Table this time and received phemonemal service because of it! The over-the-top service (and freebies) just for using Open Table was a touch odd, but very nice nonetheless. As usual, the food was very good. We're foodie snobs so we can't highlight this restaurant as particularly creative or new or a special occasion destination, but for consistently well-above-average dining, JW's Steakhouse is a great restaurant.
- JaqOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/16/2012Great place if you have to stay near airport because area is not too safe. It was a good choice
- The warm spinach salad andOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/12/2012The warm spinach salad and diver scallops were delicious. My friends all had steak and really enjoyed it. I wasn't thrilled with the featured wine but that may have been a poor pick on my part. The server was great. We were overcharged for the wine and the waiter quickly fixed that without a problem. I like that they didn't make us feel rushed since we had a larger party and were waiting for a bit for our 9th person. I did feel it was very pricey but that's part of a hotel restaurant. I would go back if I stay there again.Special Features: