JW's Steakhouse - Marriott - Anaheim
700 West Convention Way
Anaheim, CA 92802Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
JW's Steakhouse - Marriott - Anaheim
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.marriottanaheimhotel.com/
- Phone: 7147033187
- Hours of Operation:
5:00 PM-9:00 PM select days.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have semi-private dining areas that can accommodate up to 35 guests. A limited menu and confirmation agreement are required.
A word from JW's Steakhouse - Marriott - Anaheim
JW's is an intimate, unique steakhouse offering prime meat and world class wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
JW's Steakhouse - Marriott - Anaheim reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good surf and turfOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/15/2014We had made a request for a quiet table but somehow it got lost in the data bank. However, the manager was very gracious and moved us to a new table. There were no tables available in a quiet spot so the manager was very gracious and computed us free drinks and appetizers which I thought was very lovely and kind. Thank you so much! Service was a bit hectic. I think the staff was overwhelmed but the food was very good and delicious. They even made me a bernaise sauce for my steak which was not on the regular menu and I appreciated that very much. The surf and turf was wonderful. The squash soup with shrimp was to die for. All in all this was a very fine restaurant but there were just a few bumps in the road.Special Features:
- JW at this Marriott locationBakerVIPDined on 3/8/2014JW at this Marriott location has never failed to please. Great ambiance, excellent service and good food. The wait staff and chef are always willing to respond to special requests for food prep. Highly recommended whether staying at the hotel or just want a good meal. Juan is a great maitre d'!Special Features:
- It would help if they are open...RickSFOVIPDined on 2/25/2014I made a booking for lunch at JW, and arrived on time with my invited guests. The restaurant was closed, and doesn't ever open for lunch. So I was sent to the concierge... which actually means the front desk as the "concierge" only handles Disney tickets. The front desk was busy accepting flowers for an employee who was having a birthday... HURRAY for the employee, but I was standing there with two guests! Then the front desk attendant called management to confirm that the restaurant was closed, and that I had been able to make a booking for lunch. How great for them to figure this out while I am standing there! Solution: you can eat in the cafe. I already knew that... so we went across the street and had a passable lunch at the Hilton.
- An experience you can depend ondiningdrVIPDined on 2/14/2014JW's across the globe hold their standards of good food and good service. We had a great meal on Valentine's Day. Started with a nice cocktail, had salad then our entree. I enjoyed the rack of lamb. Could only eat half it was so substantial. My husband enjoyed a nice filet... The wine list is interesting enought to have some California and International choices, both by the bottle and by the glass. All and all a nice romantic eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NAMMOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2014My favorite spot to eat when at the NAMM conventionSpecial Features:
- Expensive but Very GoodBoomerVIPDined on 8/19/2013It's certainly convient and yet it's not your ordinary hotel restaurant - you feel special and exclusive. The food and service is great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JW is always an excellentBakerVIPDined on 3/8/2013JW is always an excellent spot for dinner. Rumor has it the restaurant will be closing and a new format will be tried. I'll miss the old guy - I've been dining there for about 20 yrs.Special Features:
- Fanstastic service, GrilledCarlosVIPDined on 3/7/2013Fanstastic service, Grilled artichokes were amazing and the meat was outstanding!Special Features:
- The food was great the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/7/2013The food was great the service excellent quiet enough for conversation
- Overall, the food was good.DruAnnDined on 3/6/2013Overall, the food was good. It was a bit noisy to try to talk to our customers.
- Great date place. EntreesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Great date place. Entrees were a little pricey. 2 of us got out for $175.Special Features:
- So sad to hear it ius closing.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/12/2013So sad to hear it ius closing. I have always had very good food and service here.Special Features:
- It was a convention but weOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013It was a convention but we visit JW every year. Food was not hot, 50.00 steak was tough and the server was a nice person but missing most of the time. Not enough staff and service was the worst I've had in a long time. Spent 200.00 and regretted it. Will book Mortons or Ruth Chris next time.
- My wife and I were the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2013My wife and I were the first guests after the 5PM opening. We had a 7PM reservation but finished early and waited for the restaurant to open at 5PM. We were seated at a small table for two right out side of the kitchen or where the wait staff went in and out of. I'm glad the food was very good. My shrimp, scallops and lobster dish was great. My wife's chicken entree was fair with the chicken being dry but the salad was good.Special Features:
- It's hard to believe a restaurantDJIcemanVIPDined on 1/12/2013It's hard to believe a restaurant this good can be in a hotel! Surprisingly elegant and upscale, the menu is also more varied than you typically find at a high-end steakhouse. The wine list was quite varied, with a great number of bottles discounted off of already-reasonable prices. Overall we really enjoyed our meal and the only drawback is that the restaurant isn't really open all that often--only when there's a big convention in town.Special Features:
- Steaks here are outstanding.DeweyDined on 1/20/2012Steaks here are outstanding. Every visit the food quality has been consistent. You will enjoy.
- All meals arrived cold andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/19/2012All meals arrived cold and the colossal shrimp dish over linguini had no seasoning whatsoever! You couldn't even taste the garlic or lemon as described in the menu. The broccolini was also cold, wilted and tasteless. The menu hasn't been changed in years, but should be. The steak, however, is still excellent.Special Features:
- I Choose JW's over Morton'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2012I Choose JW's over Morton's and Ruth Chris's because it is quieter, more intimate, more private, lower lighting. The food quality and service may not be as good as the above restaurants but for me the ambience is just as important.Special Features:
- Poor choice for a group ofOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/12/2011Poor choice for a group of 8. Service slow, food did not meet expectations.
- One of the worst meals I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/14/2011One of the worst meals I have ever had out. Service was poor, food was ok at best. Service just wasn't there, server never even came back to see if everything was ok. We ordered three dessert and server gave us two and told us that is all she heard.
- This restaurant was a surprisingFoodloverVIPDined on 3/27/2011This restaurant was a surprising find inside the Mariott Hotel. There are a number of smaller dining areas and we ended up in one next to a fire place. The service was excellent --- friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. The food was excellent also. My wif really enjoyed the rack of lamb while I had a prefect filet. The mussel appetizer we shared was perfect, and it was served already divided which was nice. Good wine choices by the glass. Must save room for the chocolate souffle. Only done side is the high price of the menus items, particularly the entrees.Special Features:
- Excellent food, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2011Excellent food, great service, but definitely on the expensive side, with all sides ala carte.Special Features:
- It was a very nice place toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2011It was a very nice place to relax after the Convention. The food was delicious and although there was a lot going on outside the restaurant, it was still quiet and enjoyable inside. Thank you for such a nice dinner experienceSpecial Features:
- Always a great place to dineBakerVIPDined on 3/11/2011Always a great place to dine when in the area for business or a special celebration.Special Features:
- The staff was uniformly friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/14/2011The staff was uniformly friendly and helpful with my dietary restrictions. The food was well prepared and tasty, and the wine list excellent. Overall, this is a really nice place, although pricey.
- The waitress was uninterestedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/12/2011The waitress was uninterested in us and her service. My husband's steak was very average and my sea bass was very average. Would not go back, unfortunately.
- Overall a great place to haveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/8/2010Overall a great place to have a good steak. Service was great! Wine list was great! I would recommend especially for a hotel restaurant.Special Features:
- I requested a quiet cornerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2010I requested a quiet corner for a business meeting and they gave us a wonderful round table in a quiet corner that with curtains was essentially a private room. The food was great... the waitress very attentive and had nice suggestions... the appetizer samplers for a group of 7 were perfect. If anything... the food came too quickly and I felt a bit rushed... but that was not a serious issue and I didn't feel compelled to mention it. Budget: I allow about $85 per person for such an event (food and alcohol) and we came in under budget dispite two very nice bottles of wine and a few cocktails.Special Features:
- The service was outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2010The service was outstanding, we will return for all of our special occasions.Special Features:
- OUTSANDING! THE FOOD, SERVICE,sphillysamVIPDined on 6/21/2010OUTSANDING! THE FOOD, SERVICE, AND AMBIANCE MADE FOR A PERFECT WAY TO CELEBRATE AN ANNIVERSARY.Special Features:
- We picked the location purelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/24/2010We picked the location purely on location (in the Marriott hotel), and didn't really expect a great meal. But the food was great. The lamb was amazing. So much so, that we went back the next night to have it again. Other dishes were also very good.
- Our steaks here were out-of-this-woDJIcemanVIPDined on 3/20/2010Our steaks here were out-of-this-world good, and the wine list is extensive. We were disappointed, though, in the inexplicably loud atmosphere and clumsy (though certainly friendly) service.
- wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2010Very romantic place. We went for valentine's day celebration and we enjoyed the experience very much. Prefix menu for valentine's was great, but I ordered from their regular menu. Their menu is not extensive, but they do them well. Very high-end, with cozy wall fire-place. we got a table with high wall around to give an impression of a separate room, and it was perfect for the occasion. I had a bone-in ribeye and it was simply perfect. We ordered chocolate suffle and we were really glad we had it. Just wonderful. A must-go place.Special Features:
- Steak was fantastic as wasdodgerloverVIPDined on 2/13/2010Steak was fantastic as was the pork chop - very good service - would absolutely go back.
- the food was great! we actuallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/10/2010the food was great! we actually ate there twice in one week while we were in town. our server was punctual, friendly and knowledgeable about the food and wine. I highly recommend this restaurant whether visiting for a tradeshow like we were or for a nice dinner out with a date.Special Features:
- The Lobster bisque was toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/10/2010The Lobster bisque was to die for, one of the best in the OC. Ordered the Surf and Turf Burger, Lobster was delicious but the beef was rather plain, no seasoning, no bite just plain. Had to spice it up with Dijon, pepper and mayo. Michael's (our waiter) service was excellent, the hostess had a beautiful smile.Special Features:
- Our food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/16/2010Our food was excellent and our waitress was very good on her suggestions. I really like it when the waitress lets you know what is really good on the menu, as I was having trouble deciding on two items. And the food was not overdone or underdone but perfect even the asparagus was cooked just right and the portion was enough for 3 people. Unusual when ordering asparagus. Thank you again.Special Features:
- Great food and service andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/15/2010Great food and service and excellent shelter from a noisy NAMM.Special Features:
- I go to JW's Steakhouse everyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/15/2010I go to JW's Steakhouse every year during the NAMM show. It's extremely convenient, the food is always good, the service is great, we are seated promptly and my clients always enjoy themselves! I couldn't ask for anything else and I will be back again each year during the NAMM Show because they do a great job!Special Features:
- I go to JW's Steakhouse everyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/14/2010I go to JW's Steakhouse every year during the NAMM show. It's extremely convenient, the food is always good, the service is great, we are seated promptly and my clients always enjoy themselves!I couldn't ask for anything else and I will be back again each year during the NAMM Show because they do a great job!Special Features: