JW Marriott San Antonio - High Velocity
23808 Resort Pkwy
San Antonio, TX 78261Neighborhood:
North San Antonio
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
JW Marriott San Antonio - High Velocity
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jwsanantonio.com/High-Velocity-60.html
- Phone: (210) 403-3434
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Melissa Hendrickson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: The casual, cool and contemporary decor is anchored by a state of the art audio visual program, back bars with dramatic merchandising, vibrant back lit artistic images of the sports in motion, sports and media events are broadcast simultaneously, offering something for everyone.
A word from JW Marriott San Antonio - High Velocity
This integrated sports and entertainment concept provides the excitement of camaraderie and sports viewing in a fun, high energy environment with great quality food and beverage. The restaurant is a vibrant celebration of sports, athleticism as part of a modern life style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
JW Marriott San Antonio - High Velocity reviews from OpenTable diners
- My second visit during myEnglishHistoryGirlVIPDined on 10/26/2012My second visit during my stay; wasn't disappointed. I had the same server (Megan), who was as competent as the night before although the restaurant was busier. I went with a half-order of onion rings (enormous, crunchy, golden) and an order of meaty wings (wish there could have been a half-order as they were enormous and nearly perfect). I also went with the beer flight again, the 5 oz. samplers of non-bottled beers on the menu, giving me a chance to try favorites and local ones that were new to me. I never felt rushed, even with it being busy, and it was nice seeing the management move throughout, making certain that things were going well. And all those screens still amaze me! This is a sports fan's dream.Special Features:
- One of the most incredibleEnglishHistoryGirlVIPDined on 10/25/2012One of the most incredible sports bars I've ever seen, with not only large screen TV's on nearly every wall, but a wrap-around series of gigantic screens which begin above one edge of the main bar, and continue to the other end, screens so large, it is almost an IMAX/3-D experience. Despite being busy on a mid-week night, service was on the mark; my server always checked back to see if I needed refills and to make sure everything was okay. They have a nice but limited menu of beer selections (especially locals such as Shiner); there are also cocktails, mixed drinks and straight liquors. Food is a bar-type nature: the sliders (cheeseburgers and/or the shredded pork) are great; the onion rings & Buffalo wings enormous and good.Special Features:
- We were just going to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2012We were just going to eat & have some drinks, then the Hostess let me know about a Special Beer Pairing Dinner. So glad she did. We had a group of 6 & we all had a Fabulous time! We will definitely be going again! Thanks!Special Features:
- Good place to sit, watch sports,liketoeatoutDined on 2/16/2012Good place to sit, watch sports, and enjoy good food.
- The JW Marriott website saidOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/25/2011The JW Marriott website said "Celebrate Christmas with them" so when I clicked on it - it went to your website to sign up. Did not realize that High Velocity was a sports bar. Not what we were expecting. Food was alright - nothing spectacular - had onion rings - a lot of batter to them. Main course - my husband had fish & chip - again fish had a lot of batter. I had blackened fish sandwich which I enjoyed - my husband had my half.Special Features:
- Unfortunately, the restaurantshar1123Dined on 12/17/2011Unfortunately, the restaurant was packed with too many screaming brats, uncontrolled by their parents; very loud, obnoxious parents, too, so I guess the apples don't fall far from the tree. Upon entering, we were excited about having a wonderful, beautiful, dining experience with Joshua as our server. The Xmas lights were enchanting and we just about finished all of our appetizers and then the onslaught of children arrived, one with such a high-pitched scream, all the other adult/young adult diners stopped and looked at each other. And nothing was done by either the hostess, the servers or the manager to address this awful situation. Sorry, but won't be attending again; actually, opted for room service, which was FANTASTIC!
- We went here for my friend'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2011We went here for my friend's birthday to watch the Texas football game and the service was absoulutely abysmal. Our server was unattentive/absent for most of the time to the point that we had to have other staff track her down repeatedly to get refills on drinks and even order food. It also took half an hour to get staff to change the TVs in our area to the Texas game, even though we were assured when we sat down that all of our screens would be showing the game. When our food finally did come it was very good, but everyone was so frustrated with the lack of service that we could not enjoy it. I planned our party here because my friend is a huge football fan and I thought this would be perfect, clearly I was mistaken.
- Went for lunch on fathersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2011Went for lunch on fathers day. Buffet was extremely overpriced for quality of food and level of service. And while I may be biased because I do not have kids, the spongebob on every tv (with sound...) was a bit much when you are paying close to $20 for each adult dish...Special Features:
- We recently went to the newOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2010We recently went to the new JW Marriott Hill Country Resort and dined at the High Velocity sports bar. First of all I have never seen anything like it there are tv's everywhere including a 120 foot screen with 5 different projectors!!! The food was excellent for a sports bar its as if they took the best sports bar and sporting arena foods and took them up a level. If you are ever near by you must check it out. Especially on a game night. However you might want to get there early because the best seats are in the front, though every seat does have a tv.Special Features:
- They are new so they haveOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/18/2010They are new so they have some kinks to work out. No kids menus printed and they didn't know what was on the kids menu. Food was ok, need to have a bigger menu for a sports bar.
- Needs a lot of work. FoodbeavisVIPDined on 2/18/2010Needs a lot of work. Food not on par with the prices - not even close. The service was awful. 40+ minutes to get dinner from the kitchen. Wasn't full, but took forever.