JW Marriott San Antonio - Cibolo Moon
23808 Resort Parkway
San Antonio, TX 23808Neighborhood:
North San Antonio
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
JW Marriott San Antonio - Cibolo Moon
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jwsanantonio.com/Cibolo-Moon-58.html
- Phone: (210) 404-3434
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Matt St. Amand
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View
- Private Party Facilities: We offer 3 private dining room All 3 rooms are able to hold 24pp The Tequila bar seats 8 people Our outdoor patio seats 110 people.
- Private Party Contact: Amber Smith 2104915864
A word from JW Marriott San Antonio - Cibolo Moon
Cibolo Moon has a distinct personality, yet it represents the heart of The JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa. Specializing in Texas Hill Country cooking, it incorporates the diverse culture of the region, its German smokehouse and Artisan Heritage. With its connection to nearby Mexico, Cibolo Moon creates a unique dining experience that is quintessential San Antonio. Whether it"s a dry rub on beef ribs, savory brisket, baby back ribs that fall off the bone, bison meatloaf or our Texas style Pit beans, you will love our iconic Hacienda or Ranch House kitchen. Our chefs at Cibolo Moon have BBQ down to an art.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
JW Marriott San Antonio - Cibolo Moon - Best Restaurants in North San Antonio ›
JW Marriott San Antonio - Cibolo Moon reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (15)great for brunch (14)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (13)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (10)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/19/2014The dining room is a very impressive space. Great outside holiday lighting. Service was impeccable. The Bison meatloaf was outstanding.Special Features:
- Bit noisey but service and food is fantastic.tpcmemberDined on 11/14/2014This is a resort restaurant, so can be a bit on the noisey side. Service and food is excellent. Views of the resort, especially with all the fireplaces a blaze is stunning. Large portions, and try the Bison Meatloaf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchBirthday30BrunchDined on 10/26/2014Open table was easy to use but did not offer a reservation time of 11 am for brunch; I had to book mine at 10:30am. Our waitress was personable and sweet. One of the meals we did order was slightly incorrect; my friend ordered the All American with bacon and asked for a whole wheat bagel. They didn't bring her bacon or give her a whole wheat bagel; so she had to ask for it again. They brought her bacon but no bagel, we aren't ones to fuss about food too much so we let it go. They did comp one of our meals; which was very nice of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average hotel restaurantfood4SADined on 10/16/2014The food was fine, atmosphere was dead, and service was fine - but it really felt like we were at any regular hotel restaurant. Expected more from this property.
- Nice Dinner!!Landdock1VIPDined on 10/13/2014Seated quickly, server very attentive, friendly, and knowledgable of menu. Food excellent (had brisket burnt ends, ribs), nice sized portions, good service throughout meal. Drinks (alcoholic) were overpriced and small for what you get. Great venue for groups, there were at least four tables of 12+ throughout the restaurant in various alcoves. The groups table locations were either in alcoves or separated from main dinners, by some sort of partition which allowed them to seem to be somewhat secluded. Would eat here again and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- A very pleasant experienceDiningcoupleDined on 10/12/2014The Marriott Hill Country Resort is very impressive in soaring dimensions, decor, gardens. The Cibolo Moon did not disappoint. We were celebrating my wife's birthday. She enjoyed her spinach salad with chicken--ample and delicious. I opted for the $23 unlimited brunch w/coffee & orange juice included. Had a made-to-order omelette grilled in front of me while I gathered multiple items on three plates including waffles w/my choice of toppings, sticky bun, sausage and thick, crisp bacon, breakfast potatoes, fresh fruit including plenty of juicy strawberries. I even sampled the home made bisquits and gravy. We were served a plate of tasty little bisquits with jalapeno preserves. We enjoyed the view to the fountains and gardens outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food is delish!ClNailDined on 9/13/2014One of our all time fave places to eat. I had the Caesar salad and my husband had the lettuce wedge with bacon and blue cheese, both were surprising large and loved the dressings. My husband and I both had the rib-eye steaks with loaded potato. Portions were large and steak was cooked perfectly. I could barely finish my salad and biscuits when the steak came. Really enjoyed our evening and will be back. We are locals and spend Christmas eve dinner with our whole family each year in the Cibolo Moon...have not had a bad meal as of yet. You must try the: SMOKED BRISKET “BURNT ENDS”BLUE CHEESE / FLOUR TORTILLA as an appetizer as well as the : SMOKED GREEN CHILI QUESO TORTILLA CHIP excellent choices...our family loves those.Special Features:
- Hurry up..I got to flip this table!PriceyDined on 9/13/2014The server broke just about every rule for pacing a meal, which completely ruined the meal. She was so concerned about getting us to eat quickly and flip the table tHat she ignored all etiquette. She wantes our drink orders, however, we were still without drink menus. Once she got us the drink menu, she stood over is wanting is to decide then and there. She took it a step further by trying to get our dinner order at the same time. We also had to prompt her to give us the nightly specials. Our entrees came out less than 5 minutes after our app. She asked my daughters no less than 3 times if she could remove their plates. And a bday dessert came out while I was still eating, and no dessert menus were offered, just the bill.
- We love Cibolo Moon!sweetashoneyDined on 9/5/2014Food was wonderful! We ate here several times during our stay at the resort. I especially enjoyed the fresh guacamole with grilled onions and Prasek's thick-cut bacon on top and the Jalapeño chicken and waffles is NOT to be missed! However, the star of the show was the Redneck Mac & Cheese... my husband said it was the best thing he has ever put in his mouth! That being said, I was disappointed in the grits (they were cold and slightly congealed, reminded me of the malt-o-meal my mom made when I was a kid). Service was outstanding! ALL of our servers went above and beyond to make sure we had a great experience.Special Features:
- Great restaurant at JW MarriottGaryTDined on 9/1/2014Cibolo Moon was such a great finale for our trip down to the JW Marriott. They bring out delicious biscuits and jalepeno jelly as a complementary appetizer. We got the chips and queso as a second appetizer. I swear I could have just eaten that. I got the bison meatloaf with mac and cheese for dinner. I was a little skeptical about what the flavor would be like since bison meat is typically much leaner than beef but there was so much flavor to this and the mac and cheese was perfect. With an appetizer, my meatloaf and my wife's salad, it was $50 with tip. Not bad for a great dinner with a great view!Special Features:
- Kid FriendlylvanhDined on 8/30/2014Overrun with kids. Need an "adult room"! At least for dinner. Very noisy, but I guess they like that. Proud of wine prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hosted clientsSweetMADined on 8/26/2014We hosted a small client dinner at the Cibolo Moon and they were very accommodating. The table attendant did a great job conveying the specials and knew about the dishes on the menu. He was also helpful in selecting wine. The food was great, appetizers were too (jalapeno poppers were great as was the burnt ends with blue cheese).Special Features:
- Terrible Service!DisappointedDined on 8/24/2014We had dinner reservations at Cibolo Moon on a Sunday evening. There were not many people at the restaurant, but the service was terrible. Our waitress had 4 other small tables; we saw other customers complaining about the service. It took her forever to come take our order. She asked if we wanted bread service before our meal; we said yes. After 15 minutes of waiting on the bread, she came to our table and I asked about the bread. She said they were out but making some and it should take 10 minutes; that was not the case. We got our entrees, ate them, & still didn't have bread. It finally came after we finished eating dinner. The waitress never refilled our drinks, even when empty. We will not be returning to Cibolo Moon. Disappointed!
- Great!ILovetoTravelDined on 8/6/2014We just returned from our stay at the JW Marriott. We ate at Cibolo Moon every breakfast and dinner. We loved the breakfast and dinner buffets. For my daughter's birthday, we ate from the menu and it was great also. We also ate lunch outside on the last day and wished that we had eaten there every other day instead of eating by the pool - The food was much better at Cibolo Moon. The Sticky Buns on the breakfast buffet are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RTCJDined on 8/2/2014My husband, son and myself celebrated our 20 year anniversary with a "StayCation" at the Marriott Hill Country Resort TPC. We made reservations for Saturday night during our stay and we were not dissappointed. The ambiance was very nice. The service was awesome. The food was really good and you get so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 124 reviews are from the JW Marriott San Antonio - Cibolo Moon reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Being that it's a resort and summertime, there were a lot of families and kids there. We were there for more of a romantic dinner. However, I can't really blame that on the restaurant since they are a part of the JW resort.Special Features:
- Grand experiencewaynesworldtxDined on 7/19/2014Really nice place. Food was excellent, service was excellent. Much better than we were expecting. We recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly fast and good!sarajrsDined on 7/16/2014Food was very good. Fast and easy dinner buffet. A lot of families and children were dining. Great buffet just for kids. No complaints.Special Features:
- Expected More from J.W. MarriottOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We ate at Cibolo Moon for breakfast one morning and dinner another night. The staff is hit and miss with service. Long wait for someone to come by and help and then they forget to bring what you ask for. At one point I had to get up and go get a water pitcher to refill my husband's empty glass. Eggs tasted weird and lines long for buffet. Also overpriced. The dinner buffet wasn't any better. Two main items for children's buffet, and desserts were not as tasty as their appearance. Overall it was better to travel a few minutes up the road to dine elsewhere. I expected more for being a J.W. Marriott resort.
- Best breakfast spreadllperezDined on 7/4/2014I love the bkfast here. They pay attention to every detail. Food is fresh. We chose the buffet bkfast. There is such a great variety. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2014One of the best brunch's we've had. Their selection was wonderful with many in house specialties. They were very accommodating to gluten sensitive people with many choices for my wife including toast. When my wife asked what they offered, the chef even went in the back to find their gluten free pancake mix just for my wife; they were so good, we all tried them and thought they were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pros & ConsZRangDined on 6/21/2014Great restaurant, reasonably priced and good food. Fantastic for families because the restaurant backs up to a wonderful play area for kids that allows parents to supervise their children until the food comes.Special Features:
- Ok food, ok service, too crowded!signoret76VIPDined on 6/14/2014Food was ok. Good quality but just ok. The place is in a resort so we know it is for the guests, but it was too crowded and too loud.
- Good bbq, lots of tequilassavagejimVIPDined on 6/14/2014Food was fine, good bbq. Only issue was the rinks are really expensive. Spent $15 on a margarita and was gone in seconds.Special Features:
- terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014Do not go here on weekend. There were way too many children running around. Food was OK at best. Service was slow. Went here two years ago and it was great. This time it was bad.
- Great Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014Read mixed reviews so expectations were middle of the road. We were very pleased with every aspect. Service was impeccable, atmosphere was as good as any and the food was amazing! I'm a restaurant junkie and I, along with the family was very happy with Cibolo Moon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San Antonio Family Affairluv2wineVIPDined on 5/25/2014Great place for brunch. Beautiful restaurant and property. The brunch had a great omelette bar; Texas meats and the best berries. Wish they would have had more traditional brunch buffet with eggs benedict, ham, roast beef, vegetables, salads, and DESSERTS.Special Features:
- 1st Fifteenw8tingDined on 5/24/2014The hostess sat us down and said our waitress would be with us. We sat there for about fifteen before a waitress said she would take our drink orders because she saw us waiting there for awhile. She ended up being our waitress for the evening. She said she would just take care of us. Other than that, it was a nice place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014The food was okay and the service was acceptable, however I expected a lot more. I brought my wife to your resort for the weekend with the expectation that she and I would have a great time eating amazing food, and have a great romantic atmosphere. My wife and I agreed that the food was lacking. In fact we skipped out on brunch the day we left because we reasoned that if brunch was anything like dinner we could get the same thing at a chain restaurant for half the price.
- Prom DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014My daughter and her boyfriend chose this restaurant for their pre-prom dinner. They said it was beautiful and quiet inside. The server was wonderful to them, and their food was delicious. I appreciated hearing the server treated them as adults instead of like a couple of kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers DayButterflyDined on 5/11/2014This is our 3rd year of celebrating Mothers Day at Cibolo Moon. While we tried to get reservations for brunch, we had a back-up for dinner. Dinner was great and recommend an early seating so you can take advantage of the tables with a view. Food was excellent! Look forward to next year. After dinner or brunch, recommend walking the grounds to take in the sights.Special Features:
- less than stellarCaroline23456789Dined on 5/10/2014On my reservation I specifically asked for a nice romantic table for 2 since it was my husband's birthday. We arrived a couple minutes late and we're seated at a booth next to a family with 3 young rambunctious children. It was loud and there was nothing special whatsoever about the experience. Nor did they even acknowledge his birthday. The food was not worth the money.Special Features:
- Neighborhood First TryFood4LifeDined on 4/12/2014We live a stones throw from here and the couple we met suggested the JW, they frequent. As a first time diner, we received a complimentary appetizer of gulf shrimp sautéed wonderfully, and was plenty for the 4 of us. The men ordered a special that I would describe as ground beef with thick sauce and potatoes. The ladies ordered beet salad. All were wonderful. The portions were moderately sized. Presentation was okay, but nothing stood out. The entry had an inviting bar surrounded by, what appeared to be, a buffet filled with a large selection of hot, covered comfort foods and a green salad. Overall the experience was very good, but a bit loud to converse at a comfortable level. It was a Saturday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was our wedding anniversaryjunnieDined on 4/6/2014it was our wedding anniversary and the restaurant was recommended by my school marketing professor. We really enjoyed the wait person's professional and friendly service. The whole setting was really nice. I already recommended to many of my friends and co-workers. Thank you for being so nice. It was worth the trip. (I think her name was Shannon/Sharon--sorry, I do not remember)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy and great serverTwoboysmommaDined on 3/11/2014LONG story short we ate at 18 Oaks one night and Cibilo Moon the next and both were great and delicious (18 Oaks was more fine dining) but I had to review this dinner because our server went above and beyond taking care of us. My youngest developed a bit if a stomach ache after ordering apps (too much fun and too many virgin raspberry daiquiris pool side?) so he had to go up to room with hubby. They sent him up with crackers and soda water and had chicken noodle soup sent up to the room! SO sweet! We ordered hubby's takeout and took it too him when we were finished. Servings were generous - my sons ribs were as long as his arm! - and food was flavorful. Very good service by our waitress!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Hotel RestaurantGWHoDined on 3/8/2014Nice place, but keep in mind it is at a hotel, so there will be kids. Also, note the dresscode. It is not a formal spot, semi-formal is ok, but business-casual/casual is best. Food is pretty good. Guacamole is tasty. 1/2 rack of ribs is huge. Once you're done there, finish off the night watching the game at the hotel bar across the foyer - "Velocity."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodNOLAGirlDined on 2/16/2014Had breakfast. Food was GREAT! Staff very attentive. My hat comes off for the Chefs.. They did an amazing job serving and plating food. Great Job! A must for breakfast for sure. I will be back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014Staying at the JW Marriott means a drive to any restaurants except those in the hotel. Over Valentine's Day weekend the Cibolo Moon was the only place that had open reservations. The service was a little slow and we had to go up and ask for our bill. The ambience is pretty loud and that made some conversation difficult (the kitchen is open to the seating area and the large glass walls echo everything). The food was really good if not a little pricey (that's expected in the hotel). Overall for convenience it was a good choice but I'll pick something else next time.Special Features:
- Fun night with great foodcbensonDined on 2/15/2014Went for day after valentines dinner. Bison meatloaf was awesome and so was the Mac n cheese. Enjoy the entire experience. friendly service.Special Features:
- food and pricesYvetteDined on 2/14/2014The food was cold and if your going to charge that much for a buffet the cook should taste their own food. I have had better food at McDonald's.