JW Marriott San Antonio - 18 Oaks
23808 Resort Parkway
San Antonio, TX 78261Neighborhood:
North San Antonio
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
JW Marriott San Antonio - 18 Oaks
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marriott.com/hotel-restaurants/satjw-jw-marriott-san-antonio-hill-country-resort-and-spa/18-oaks/168021/home-page.mi
- Phone: (210) 491-5825
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 1:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Breakfast: Saturday and Sunday 7:00am - 10:45am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Alex Glass
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer 2 private dining rooms: The Vintners room which can accommodate up to 16 and The Main Private Room which can accommodate up to 80. We also have the Wine Bar which can hold up to 30 guests. Full restaurant buyouts are available with Food and Beverage minimums.
- Private Party Contact: Stephani Warfield 2104915864x
- Entertainment: Live Music during our Sunday Champagne Brunch
A word from JW Marriott San Antonio - 18 Oaks
18 Oaks focuses on outstanding quality of meats and seafood prepared with style and expertise. Food is masterfully prepared showing a sensibility of season leveraging the best products in Texas. The Menu gracefully flows from a modern breakfast to a lunch menu of American flair with a splattering of steakhouse favorites to a classic steakhouse in the evenings. Entrees feature skillfully prepared premium steaks and seafood with your choice of sauces...located within the majestic grounds of the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa. 18 Oaks not only is the center of activity in the TPC San Antonio Club House, but we represent the highest level of commitment to locally produced, organic ingredients in the area, leveraging the strong relationships developed with local farmers, ranchers, winemakers and brewers. The design is a delicate balance of warm tones and cool textures that reflect a lively, refined and inviting space.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
JW Marriott San Antonio - 18 Oaks - Best Restaurants in North San Antonio ›
JW Marriott San Antonio - 18 Oaks reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (24)scenic view (18)romantic (17)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (13)good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (7)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Sunday BrunchnzgonlineDined on 11/9/2014Although, the view was great, the food was not remarkable; however, the service was terrible. Despite our reservations, we had to wait 10 minutes for a table, had to ask for drinks, and waited and waited. We will not come back again.Special Features:
- Amazing!!3foodiesDined on 11/2/2014I love that they chose to use local ingredients. Vegetables from farmers markets, fresh eggs (you can taste the difference), fresh seafood! Everything was cooked to perfection and in perfect portions allowing you to have a bit of EVERYTHING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sunday buffet brunchRyanVIPDined on 11/2/2014Went for the Sunday buffet brunch and was very good. But bring your appetite because it is VERY pricey for an all you can eat brunch (about $40 p/person), so eat a lot to get your money's worth. Food was good-about what you'd expect from an upscale restaurant serving a buffet brunch. Have different styles of eggs & sausage, some dishes that they would prepare fresh for you like eggs Benedict & some chocolate waffles, but also had seafood which I enjoyed (shrimp, oysters & already-sliced crab legs which was nice!). Also bottomless champagne or mimosas and a great dessert selection. Service was excellent. Worth trying, only set back was the price..but considering its at a resort you unfortunately have to expect the overpricing for your meals.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014When i read reviews, they usually aren't accurate. The cons for the 18 oaks were. We are locals, had a suite for a special evening with my wife. We were the only ones dressed up, this place should be a golfers members only club, a golfer hang out and loud (due to tall ceiling, poor acoustic/ design) same for hotel lobby. The food was overpriced for its quality, from starters to dessert. Service / bread was good. Would not recommend to a friend. Friday evening 6 pm reservation, steaks game out very fast. Ground feed beef is to be slow cooked.Special Features:
- AwesomeLutherschefDined on 9/26/2014Service & Food were outstanding!! We had a great Anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knowledgable and friendly serviceDDubDined on 9/26/2014Our first time to eat at 18 Oaks was a good experience once we got inside the restaurant. Delicious food, outstanding wine list and incredible service added much to the birthday celebration.Special Features:
- 18 OaksGo320Dined on 9/6/2014Food and service top notch. Rather loud but up beat. Great wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLgo987VIPDined on 9/5/2014Our food took forever, two steaks were not cooked as ordered, and it was so loud we could hardly hear each other. The tables and chairs were also uncomfortable. Our server was great though. She was attentive and kept apologizing for the slowness. The manager did adjust our bill to try to make up for the disastrous evening, but he did not seem very concerned about our unpleasant experience. We were looking forward to a fun & enjoyable meal, but instead left slightly hungry & very disappointed. We may have just been that one unfortunate table that has everything go wrong, but I would not go back to try it again.Special Features:
- Breathe Taking.AmazingDined on 8/28/2014Everything about 18 Oaks was elegant to the max. Our server was very informative and gave us a wonderful experience. The food was so amazing as well as the Moscato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not return2SAfoodiesDined on 8/27/2014The service was very slow. The food was so bad we did not eat it (it is really hard to mess up a filet). Wedge salad was good. Wine was good. Coffee after dinner was not good and it took 26 minutes to get the waiter's attention to tell him we would like a different brew.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServicepebtezDined on 8/17/2014I loved our waiter he was outstanding. The food however was remarkable. My husband is still talking about the smoked duck, steak, and best cream brulee ever. You will not be disappointed in this little piece of heaven.Special Features:
- 18 Oaks BrunchRSS1Dined on 8/17/2014Always quality food at fair prices for a Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- Everything we ordered was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014My husband and I were very impressed with the quality of the food and solid preparation. We had the scallops and the short ribs and both were excellent. The duck fat French fries were delicious and 1 order could easily feed 4 people as a side dish. Green beans were perfectly prepared. I would say the drink prices are a bit high but it was the best manhattan I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is Always FantasticAltGirlTXDined on 8/3/2014This was the third or fourth time I've had brunch at 18 Oaks while staying at the JW Marriott, and it is honestly something I look forward to for months to come. Although something was maybe just a touch 'off' this time (I cannot put my finger on what; maybe it was just me), it was still fabulous. I love the unlimited mimosas (a huge selling point), and the buffet plus options of ordering omelets, French toast, waffles, etc off of a menu make for a perfect meal. You get to choose from a huge variety of meats, fruits, salads, pastries, seafood, and desserts but still customize some options. Also a big kudos to our server Alex. He's helped us at least twice now, and he's very friendly and attentive without hovering. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 18 Oaks Sunday BrunchRSS1Dined on 8/3/2014Consistently quality food and great service - last visit we were served by Chris - great attitude and attention to detailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014My wife and I chose 18 Oaks to celebrate our Anniversary and it could not have been better! I honestly believe that the filet was of better quality and flavor than any other steak house in the San Antonio Area. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 185 reviews are from the JW Marriott San Antonio - 18 Oaks reviews archive.
- Brunch is great valueNewBraunfelsLadyDined on 7/20/2014It's not inexpensive, but it is a great value! My husband ate about two dozen blue point oysters, and I devoured so many crab claws and huge shrimps and smoked salmon. The seafood alone was worth the price of the brunch. In addition to all the buffet items, we also could order custom omelets (He had a lobster omelet!) and other breakfast items. And, of course, there were bottomless Mimosas! The jazz band/crooner background group gave great atmosphere and our server was very personable. It was a wonderful experience - a great anniversary treat! Dozens of sweet treats rounded out the feast - even hot, bubbling cobbler! Quail.... prime rib.... carved turkey breast - and mounds of all types of fresh berries! I could go on and on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014My first dining experience at 18 Oaks was a couple of weeks ago when I was invited with friends. So this past weekend, I returned with more friends. Very relaxing brunch experience. Love the light jazz quartet, brightens everything up. The food is delicious. Not to miss: pulled pork benedict and mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AntelopeSkipVIPDined on 7/19/2014This was my first experience eating antelope- very, very, good. Chris provides great service- he knows the menu.Special Features:
- Delicious!!Jwest2925Dined on 7/14/2014The complimentary sourdough bread, jerky, and pickled cucumbers they bring out were all delicious, and the flavors went well together. We has the shrimp cocktail- the shrimp was large and very white and clean tasting. Yummy! Then I had the ribeye cooked at medium plus, never had cooked that way before (between medium and medium well) and it was perfect! My husband had an off the menu item, red snapper with a fabulous mango salsa! We shared everything, including the asparagus and baked macaroni and cheese. It was all outstanding! Then to finish off our anniversary celebration we shared the warm centered chocolate cake- to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014This is our 2nd visit to 18 Oaks. Notable dishes from this visit: roasted baby beets & goat cheese salad, Asian-inspired grilled whole snapper & short ribs. While our meal on the whole was good, we have decided that considering the overall service, food and price in the future we will dine at Cibolo Moon.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerLonghorn1Dined on 6/29/2014Great NY Strip, nice waiter and great view of Hill Country. This is an expensive place, so be prepared for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch Always a WinnerRSS1Dined on 6/29/2014As always, the Sunday brunch was fantastic....superb food, outstanding service by a staff who caresSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take Your Money ElsewhereGreatDined on 6/28/2014We went into this date-night dinner with what I would consider reasonable expectations having been to many similarly priced steakhouses. I found that the food was extremely over priced for the quality. Our steaks were completely charred and burnt on the outside and the meat, even though medium-rare was not tender. Our steaks were not seasoned at all and could have used some salt and pepper. Even the peppercorn sauce had no flavor. For a $200 dinner I was expecting a little more flavor and finesse. We left extremely disappointed and fed the leftover meat to our dog.Special Features:
- A great dining experiencerasamataz74Dined on 6/22/2014We chose to spend our 35th Wedding Anniversary at the JW Marriott, including dinner at 18 Oaks. We're pleased with our choice. Our server, Mandi, was wonderful and the food suberb. In the top 5 of our dining experiences in our lifetime (which includes the United Kingdom, Paris, Honolulu, Saudi Arabia, and countless cities in the US).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The brunch is very goodAsabalVIPDined on 6/22/2014The brunch is one of the best in San Antonio and we enjoy it very muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lesternjDined on 6/21/2014great food and our waiter was fabulous. I think his name was JC ????? Anyhow, I would definitely recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- Best Service ever!Food awesome too.savagejimVIPDined on 6/15/2014The service here was outstanding, all of the servers seemed to be working together and very attentive. Much to my wife's objection, we had the quail appetizer (she loved it). We split a huge ribeye, which was heavenly. Could not be happier. Will return next time in town.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experiencecypher9600Dined on 6/14/2014The evening was great from start to finish. We received great feedback from the waitstaff about food/wine selections. The food lived up to the hype it had gotten from several friends. Ask for Bryan...he'll make sure your evening goes as planned!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A San Antonio MustSaTownGalDined on 6/8/2014I have been a resident of San Antonio for over 20 years and my experience at 18 Oaks far surpasses any place I have ever dined at. This is a new must for all of my meetings as well as out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off Night?1disappointeddinerDined on 6/7/2014In a nutshell: Made reservations and requested a booth..... sat us at a table. Table had chairs that were so low we would of had to stretch our arms up just to reach our food. Impossible to enjoy our food feeling like we were sitting on the floor. We asked to be moved and they sat us at a booth entirely too small to accommodate four people. Order and waiter missing in action for at least 30 minutes. Had to get the manager, etc... Left 2 1/2 hours after original reservation time. It was not a pleasant experience. We have dined here before and had a great experience. We were shocked as to what went on this time. We were wondering if restaurant was under staffed? Not sure we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Awesome!BigFoodieDined on 6/6/2014Outstanding service and high quality menu items. Nothing is pre-made. Everything made upon order for you. Have a dietary need? They'll meet it and go above and beyond to make your dining experience top-notch. Went there for 27th Wedding Anniversary dinner. They did not disappoint. We've been there a couple of times now. John and Josh were our waiters-extraordinaire! They remembered us from the last time we were there (it had been several months) and even remembered the dessert we had the last time. Simply and Awesome dining experience. We'll be back again and again.Special Features:
- Maybe best experience ever?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Wagyu beef was awesome and Brett's service was superior. After commenting that I was from Maryland and a bit snobby about crab cakes,, Brett had the chef prepare two samples for my wife and I. Brett was a bit taken aback when I hugged him when he checked in us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingjlnloves18oaksDined on 5/17/2014We went to 18 Oaks to celebrate our daughters 26th Birthday. There were 4 adults and 2 children. Our waiter was attentive to all of us! We didn't know what wine to choose and he made the selection for us, which was outstanding! The food was delicious and cooked to perfection! We ordered raw oysters and it took a while so there was no charge and they brought out a huge slice of chocolate cake for my daughter including candle which was just the most delicious cake ever and also complimentary! Couldn't have had better service or food any where else. We sill definitely be back!Special Features:
- One meal great; 2nd one disappointsMartinGirlzDined on 5/17/2014Husband's meal was perfect. His enormous plate of pork chops were moist and tasty. His 2 side dishes were wonderful. My meal was terrible. I ordered my salmon well done but it was almost raw from end to end. The server was extremely apologetic & promptly returned it to the kitchen. He was back in five minutes with fish that was almost too cooked on the top but still raw in the middle. He offered to return it again but I declined. I filled up on the end sections that had eventually cooked. My sides dishes were under-cooked. The Brussels sprouts were hard to bite into & so tough that most were inedible. The potatoes weren't completely done, either. Almost like eating al dente pasta. Dismally disappointing.Special Features:
- Good SelectionsLydiasviewDined on 5/17/2014Everything was wonderful. We made two meals from out of the delicious pork Chops.Special Features:
- Escape to the Hill CountryKImTDined on 5/11/2014A very fun evening....wonderful customer service, fine dining and more.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceAggiemomVIPDined on 5/4/2014My daughter and I dined at 13 Oaks on our last night at the JW Marriott Resort. Service was friendly, food was great, and ambiance was pleasant. As we were leaving though, seems like there was a crying baby at a table, which I'm not sure this is quite the restaurant to bring a baby.. ! Guess you can't restrict your patrons from bringing their children to this restaurant, but there are other more appropriate restaurants at this resort that would be much more appropriate for "bringing your kids with you"... !Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and serviceout2eatDined on 4/20/2014Excellent Easter brunch with a visit from Easter bunny as well. Food layout was a little different than normal brunch but it was just as good and did not spare lots of attention to detail. Bloody mary was on the spicy side, and it could have been a little less spicy, but mimosa was great! Really good waffles and as always, the seafood selection was not only good, but was prepared to eat with ease, esp. crab claws and oysters. The dining room was never crowded that we had to fight to get in line, and the serving tables were constantly replenished to ensure we were not getting "steam table" food that just sat there. We enjoyed the staff, who made sure we were served, but not overly intrusive to disrupt our conversation.Special Features:
- It was good, HOWEVER...ChartHouseMay24thDined on 4/19/2014When we stay at a resort hotel, like this J.W. Marriott, we expect the NICER restaurants to have a certain level of a dress code. Well, the 18 Oaks threw that rule out the window this weekend. There were kids AND adults in SHORTS...if it were lunch time...maybe, but NOT during dinner service. The bar is small, but the bartenders were quick to serve us. Once seated at our reservation time (we arrived about 30 minutes prior) it took several minutes to actually be greeted, but that is because our server was dealing with 2 very large tables...one with all the parent to all the KIDS that didn't seem to really know how to behave in this level of a restaurants. And they were SO Loud. When they left, it made a nice difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.