1285 Homestead Rd.
Santa Clara, CA 95812Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chefjustinperez.com/
- Phone: (408) 638-5300x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday -Thursday 4:00 PM to 8:45 PM
Friday 4:00 PM to 9:45 PM
Saturday 4:00 PM to 9:45 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Justin Perez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: If you consider yourself a foodie and dream of an out of the ordinary, sophisticated and unforgettable dining experience for your event or wedding, then Justins Catering and Event Production is the perfect fit. Not only do we specialize in unique and adventurous flavor pairings, wine-paired dinners using only the freshest, seasonal ingredients, but we also handle every fine detail of event planning. At Justins we are extremely passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on being able to provide you and your guests a truly memorable event.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private wine room seats 30 comfortably and we can accommodate larger parties in a separate area of the restaurant. The Pizza room seats 50 and the main dining can accommodate 80 for seated dining and more for cocktail receptions. Give us a call and let us help plan for your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Todd Kerkhof 4086385330x
A word from Justin's Restaurant
The restaurant, four years in the making, just had its public opening on March 5, 2013. Located on Homestead Road in Santa Clara, the restaurant is a meeting of the quality of fine dining with the casualness and price of less-expensive restaurants. The seasonally rotating menu will feature items that would please any foodie there are even gourmet pizzas cooked in a custom wood-fire oven,the restaurant’s bar, features various microbrews on tap and hand-picked wines from local vintners, as well as a quality collection of spirits and wines offered by the glass. In the lobby, guests are greeted by items of cooking nostalgia, such as an old scale and collections of vintage cookbooks resting on shelves. The wine cellar and bar were also projects constructed with a specialized wine rack that holds the bottles neck-side-down. A board holding various antique bottle openers from Chef Perez’s late father’s collection hangs outside the cellar door for decoration.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Justin's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Santa Clara ›
Justin's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (36)special occasion (30)good for groups (25)romantic (20)notable wine list (14)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Birthday partydisapointedDined on 8/23/2014I set an open table for a party of 7 for a birthday and requested a quiet spot and advised we would be bringing a cake if they didn't mind and was told that it was not a problem. I expected a cut or setup charge, but there was not one. We were seated in a spot which turned out to be perfect for a family birthday. No one near us at all. Our server handled our table as though we were the only ones in the place. Totally professional and our dishes were not only on time, but prepared to perfection and excellent in taste. Their presentation is over the top. All dishes were towered and a work of art. We have now been to Justin's on four occasions and they have all been 5 Star reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the anniversary we wanted...TheBigRavioliDined on 8/23/2014Like the title says, "Not the anniversary we wanted..." I'm sorry but we have been here 3 other times before and they were good. Why on our anniversary do we get flat warm beer, poorly made cocktails, cold undercooked apps and a hair on my pate? This is very uncalled for and all we got was a sorry from the server and 4 free glasses of some really bad cold duck.. The manager Todd didn't even come to our table to say anything at all? Sorry to say this might just have been the last time we visit your restaurant.Special Features:
- SFvisitorVIPDined on 8/19/2014I visited with my 4 grandsons. We were all very pleased with our choices. the waiter was knowledgeable about the menu. The dishes were beautifully presented and the combination of complex favors were outstanding. A glass of Justin's pinot noir was delightful. I hope to return againSpecial Features:
- FoodandWineLoverFoodandWineLoverDined on 8/9/2014I have eaten here many times and will continue to do so. The menu changes quarterly or so which is a terrific way for the chef, Justin Perez, to incorporate seasonal ingredients and keep the menu fresh. On my most recent visit, I enjoyed the pan roasted mussels appetizer which seems to remain a staple on the menu. It's a very generous portion so I shared with a friend. Next I had the skirt steak in a delicious mushroom sauce topped with an arugula, cherry tomato & sweet onion salad in a light vinaigrette. It was great!! The sauce had lots of flavors going on but was not heavy which suited me well. The salad added a freshness. Dessert was blueberry lemon cake which was light and flavorful and also enough to share. I'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOODChristineDined on 8/5/2014This is our second visit and it was as good as the first...Special Features:
- Pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014We were excited to try Justin's as we were big fans of O's. We were not disappointed and had a wonderful dinner. The 4 of us tried the Risotto as an appetizer. The risotto was cooked perfectly and the blend of wild mushrooms and asparagus was great. One of the things I like is a menu that rotates seasonally and provides a new experience. It ended up that we had 2 of the lamp and 2 of the Halibut and the consistency of presentation made the first bite almost impossible, My lamb was cooked to perfection (MR) and the blackberry sauce delectable. The star of the plate was the garnish which was tempura shaved asparagus. My wife's Halibut was superb with a chili sauce that had the right amount of heat counterbalanced by the pickled pearl onions.Special Features:
- One of our favorites!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014We have been to Justins numerous times and have never been disappointed with the food. We've brought friends who have also really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- YUMYUMDined on 7/12/2014This was a family celebration. Everyone ordered a different entree and everyone was pleased with their choice. The presentation is suburb as well as the food itself. Very nice service and pleasant atmosphere. Would definitely return and bring friends.Special Features:
- Great dinnerPaulDined on 7/11/2014We really enjoyed the mussels; they were very flavorful and perfectly cooked. Our server was very attentive, and kept our cocktails replenished. The location has a lot of parking, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gluten free choicesGFladyDined on 7/11/2014This is our second visit to Justin's. The menu changes seasonally with favorites still available. Fresh local produce and well selected meats. One of our party said the risotto entree was the best he had ever had. The chef and staff are know what goes in the dishes. They will readily make substitutions to help those with allergies and have a number of entrees that will please gluten free dinners. The service is thoughtful, but not fussy.Special Features:
- Totally Fantastic!GreggersVIPDined on 7/9/2014The halibut was phenomenal! It was outrageously good. Our service was great as well. We certainly will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Justins The PlaceBlueGoatDined on 6/25/2014Beautifully decorated inside with a modern touch. Friendly and informative server which knew the dinning choices very well. It was our anniversary and a desert with “Happy Anniversary” was brought to us complementary after the meal. Much appreciated! The meal was fantastic and the wine was great. The server knew exactly how to present and pour a great wine. It makes a difference. The cost was not inexpensive, but it was worth it and we plan on going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great with special food needsGFladyDined on 6/14/2014Most of the people in our family group have special dietary needs. The wait staff was extremely knowledgeable about preparation and ingredients. There were lots of good things to choose from and everyone was very happy with the meals. The waiter also made suggestions of restaurant favorites. The mussels appetizer really delicious and large enough to share. We were a party of five. High fives! We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Ready4DinDined on 6/7/2014Overall, great food. Prices reasonable. Ambiance nice. Uncramped, nice decor. easy parking. service a bit spotty.Special Features:
- I love this place..butdisapointedDined on 6/5/2014I am really happy to have such a wonderful restaurant in Santa Clara again. My only negitive comment would be that the young lady who served us never made us feel welcome. She was never rude or late to check on us, she just was not very friendly...maybe a bad day. I am not disappoined>>>will definitely go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PartyOf4Dined on 6/3/2014Very quiet at lunch time, wish they had more of a following for lunch.Special Features:
- catconsjDined on 5/31/2014Everything we had at Justin was delicious. The waitress was extremely knowledge regarding the menu items. She recommended the mussels and they were excellent. Would not have ordered them if she hadn't told us about them. Also had the ossa bucco . It was prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Santa Clara Specialty!LisaDined on 5/24/2014Justin's is a welcome addition to Santa Clara. The food is always good and plentiful. We'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable lunchDisappointingVIPDined on 5/21/2014Although expensive (appetizer, two soft drinks, two entrees, two cappuccinos, 1 dessert for $100 without tip), it was worth every dollar! Food was fantastic - Shrimp wrapped in Italian Ham with jicama and a great light sauce, pastrami sandwich, quail, mascarpone pastries for dessert - everything was wonderful. It was not very crowded, and the service was excellent as well. I look forward to returning again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, weak dessertsnewbayseeDined on 5/17/2014Overall the good are excellent but the desserts were a little disappointing. The Gravlax is great, points for using lotus roots chips. The skirt steak is tender and flavorful, the bitterness of the arugula balanced the dish quite nicely. The creme burlee was good, but the color of it wasn't quite right. It wasn't a chocolate flavor creme burlee, so i wasn't sure why is was light brown. The chocolate covered strawberry have seen better days, the green stem was dry and turning brown. It probably sat in the frig for days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for foodies in neighborhoodFoodDivaDined on 5/10/2014HI Wonderful dinner, experience and food. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars on the food, was the lamb chop was a little too salty for me...Special Features:
- Great Dining for any occasionWeWillBeBackDined on 5/7/2014We went to Justin's with a couple out of town guests. We all had different entrées, drinks, and desserts, but we were all completely satisfied with what we had, and are looking forward to coming back soon to try something new (as the menu changes over time, so there is always something unique). Justin's is a great addition to Santa Clara.Special Features:
- Five Stars!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/6/2014Menu continues to change and impress! The seasonal choices are very imaginative. The service is the one area that could use a little improvement but overall we have been very impressed the two times we have dined at Justin’s.Special Features:
- No salt shaker needed.BayAreaBabeDined on 5/3/2014I give Justin's a star for creavity, and one for service, which was fine. But all the food was over salted.
- nothing specialfoodie62Dined on 5/2/2014I was so pleased at the service. We tried 2 wines before choosing. The bread baked in terra cotta pots was lovely. Unfortunately the food was trying hard but not very special. No plans to return.Special Features:
- The following 101 reviews are from the Justin's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Nice lunch!DietzVIPDined on 5/1/2014Great service and food. Menu offers a little of something for everyone and changes seasonally. I enjoy going to this resturant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with firend.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/29/2014I took my best friend here for her birthday lunch. GREAT food.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedLoveFoodDined on 4/26/2014The ambience was much more casual than I thought it would be. I didn't think it would be an extremely fancy restaurant but I imagined it to be a little fancier than it was because the way their food is plated and for the price. Besides that I thought the food was good. I ordered the halibut which I liked. It had a berry sauce over it and I was afraid it was going to be too sweet, but it wasn't. Had just a slight sweetness to it to compliment the seasoning of the fish. I'm normally not a sweet and savory fan but I liked this combo. I got to try the Osso bucco which was tender and flavorful. I also tried from someone else in my party the chicken. That was really good! The chicken was moist and very flavorful.Special Features:
- Yum!Foodie14Dined on 4/15/2014Once again, amazing food. Never disappointed with the selections. My only complaint is, the tables are huge, so you find your self leaning across the table to hold a conversation. We went to dinner on a Tuesday night, so they were not as busy, and it made for a quiet dinner. Overall this is a go to hidden jem. Enjoy!Special Features:
- The service was very slow.ntomomiDined on 4/11/2014Our reservation was Friday at 11:30am. It was not crowded are all but the service was awfully slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food exceeded expectationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2014Amazing lamb preparation. Everyone was wowed by their dishes. We went with the beet and pear salads and both were amazing as well. I have been several times and have never been dissappointed. Keep it up Justin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missedOutforfoodVIPDined on 4/5/2014Justin's is a wonderful addition to the Franklin Square restaurant scene. I'd go into greater detail right now, but time is short. Just get here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as ususal...HalseyVIPDined on 3/29/2014Not sure why, but tonight my dinner selection was not up to the usual Justin perfection. Cioppino seemed overdone--at least the crab part of it. Flavors were good, but the crab was either not fresh, or had been in the cioppino for awhile. Otherwise, everything was spot on. The creme brulee (apple) was great!Special Features:
- Affordable fine diningWillDined on 3/26/2014Nice neighborhood restaurant in Santa Clara near Santa Clara university. Great food for the price. A superb value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseEuropeanDinerDined on 3/25/2014On a weekday, the restaurant was quiet and the patrons were tactfully distributed throughout the place. The service was prompt and efficient. The menu was extensive. We had four different appetizers, main courses and deserts. The mussels with lemon butter were consumed with obvious delight. My escargot with dark chocolate was unique and a most pleasant surprise. Our main courses were the lamb with curry sauce, duck breast, butternut squash and I ordered the braised short ribs. Everyone was more than happy with their choices, but my short ribs with blood orange and Benedictine reduction and milk chocolate offered a rich bouquet of flavors, in fact, it was a culinary masterpiece. We will put Justine's on our rotation of restaurants.Special Features:
- The food was excellent. ThedisapointedDined on 3/22/2014The food was excellent. The presentation was outstanding and the service was great. I enjoyed it very much. Was not sure what to expect as it had not been rated well in another place, but I think they were just wrong altogether.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/22/2014This is the third time we have been to Justin's and just as every time we have eaten here before, as we are walking to our car we say to ourselves, why did we eat here. The food and service are mediocre at best. The price for the quality of food are not in line with each other. I guess we need to give up on Justin's as it is not living up to our expectations and high hopes of having a good restuarant in Franklin Mall.
- Overall goodGFINowVIPDined on 3/22/2014The food was very creative and tasty. Generous portions. Service was OK. Will return to try lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I liked the food alot butOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/22/2014I liked the food alot but thought it was way overpriced. I mean, $18 for a cauliflower "steak" that probably cost less than $2 to make. Entrees all over $25. If the food wowed me, I'd consider going backk but the food did not wow me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really wanted to like this, but...Dolphin781VIPDined on 3/21/2014Sorry, I can't recomment this one. First off, the tables are huge. You basically have to yell across, which then annoys the person next to you. Our server was very ho-hum. Definitely not friendly, but not outright rude. We started with the Brie. It was terrible. We didn't send it back, but should have. It was wrapped in a very thick phyllo type dough, and filled with dates/nuts. It was so dry, you couldn't eat it. To top it off, they serve it with dry crostini. Not a win-win. The entrees were ok. Kind of plain, and definitely over priced. The dessert was good, but again, not worth coming back for. We were really excited when this came in. However, I can't even say we will dine there again.Special Features: