1285 Homestead Rd.
Santa Clara, CA 95812Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chefjustinperez.com/
- Phone: (408) 638-5300
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday -Thursday 4:00 PM to 8:45 PM
Friday 4:00 PM to 9:45 PM
Saturday 4:00 PM to 9:45 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Justin Perez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: If you consider yourself a foodie and dream of an out of the ordinary, sophisticated and unforgettable dining experience for your event or wedding, then Justins Catering and Event Production is the perfect fit. Not only do we specialize in unique and adventurous flavor pairings, wine-paired dinners using only the freshest, seasonal ingredients, but we also handle every fine detail of event planning. At Justins we are extremely passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on being able to provide you and your guests a truly memorable event.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private wine room seats 30 comfortably and we can accommodate larger parties in a separate area of the restaurant. The Pizza room seats 50 and the main dining can accommodate 80 for seated dining and more for cocktail receptions. Give us a call and let us help plan for your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Todd Kerkhof 4086385330x
A word from Justin's Restaurant
The restaurant, four years in the making, just had its public opening on March 5, 2013. Located on Homestead Road in Santa Clara, the restaurant is a meeting of the quality of fine dining with the casualness and price of less-expensive restaurants. The seasonally rotating menu will feature items that would please any foodie there are even gourmet pizzas cooked in a custom wood-fire oven,the restaurant’s bar, features various microbrews on tap and hand-picked wines from local vintners, as well as a quality collection of spirits and wines offered by the glass. In the lobby, guests are greeted by items of cooking nostalgia, such as an old scale and collections of vintage cookbooks resting on shelves. The wine cellar and bar were also projects constructed with a specialized wine rack that holds the bottles neck-side-down. A board holding various antique bottle openers from Chef Perez’s late father’s collection hangs outside the cellar door for decoration.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Justin's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Santa Clara ›
Justin's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (26)special occasion (24)romantic (17)vibrant bar scene (14)notable wine list (12)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Gave burgers a try....kmbrDined on 1/25/2014We've eaten at Justin's several times but always had entrees - we were in the mood for something different & decided to try Justin's for burgers/sandwiches. We weren't disappointed! I had the carmelized onion burger & hubby had the french dip - both were great and quite simply HUGE! I had ordered the soup (which was a beef barley - very good, flavorful) and he had a goat cheese salad which was delightful. We split a spumoni ice cream dessert (I had 1 bit - not my fave!) but Mr kmbr loved it. He's a spumoni fan, I'm not. As always, excellent service great drinks from the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Justin's !bonjimgDined on 1/17/2014Had a delicious dinner with friends Friday night. Robert was our server and he did a great job. Chris the bartender knows just how to fix a scotch and water too! We all had mussels - even licking the shells - and the wines were wonderful. Two shared a fish dish with pomegranate seeds and a minimal sauce that looked great. I had the short ribs and they were the best ever. The sauce was worth asking for a spoon so none went back to the kitchen and the ribs were fall off the bone tender, needing a fork only. We skipped dessert this time, but will be back for another masterpiece dinner from Justin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid service & FoodDineWCompanyDined on 1/3/2014All I have to say is that the staff here are very nice, food plating looks amazing, and just tastes great! I took my significant other as a romantic night out and Justin's' place just fits the bill: ambiance, food, & location. I ordered a pork chop and it came out looking amazing as well as how it was done just right. Not dry or overly done, slightly pink. As for desert? Creme Brulee was our choice and it'll be a favorite choice for future visits.Special Features:
- Expected BetterMAC2Dined on 12/31/2013Could have been a great dinner, but your employees really let you down. Upon arrival your Hostesses decided to seat us at a table that was directly next to the main wait staff service area. Even though about 60% of the table were open. They were gracious when we asked to be moved, but they did mention that they had all the table figured out and the later reservations were getting the open tables in better locations. Yes, we did have reservations also. Our server was MIA most of the time.Not sure if you have a busser but no one came to our table to take our empty soup bowls or our empty dinner plates in a timely manner.Some better training of your Hostesses & Servers along with some table visits from the Chef or Manager would go along way!
- dining experienceHaleyDined on 12/31/2013The hostess and our waitress were very polite and professional. Service was good, lil slow on refills. But if asked for something she was quick to respond. I would dine here again and recommend a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2013Justin's is a nice place to enjoy a very good meal. Lots of variety in the menu and very good wines by the glass. The service was very friendly as well. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!kmbrDined on 12/31/2013We enjoyed our mini Brie appetizer - although it's not exactly mini! Apples, grapes, Brie in puffed pastry & crostini - delicious. I had the filet which was cooked perfectly and hubby had the Osso bucco which was fantastic - tender & served with an amazing risotto. We shared the pear tart for dessert & it was the only low light of our meal - good but needed some brightness (a bit of lemon) as is was almost cloyingly sweet with little pear flavor. I had a super fruit martini that I'd highly recommend! We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindKreskaDined on 12/31/2013We went here for New Year's Eve because it was close to where our daughter works and we could coordinate a New Year's Eve dinner together. It was not a disappointment! We were delighted with the food and the service. The dinners were fabulous and the service was genuine and excellent. The breads in the little "flower pots" were great and the mussels are the best I have tasted. Good wine selection. Last time we were at this location it was a bakery (Wilsons) who also made our wedding cake. The attention to excellence has obviously been passed on. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy findHungryGirlDined on 12/28/2013We were delighted to find this gem away from the crowds on a Saturday night. The menu offered good selection, food was very tasty, well-prepared and well-presented, service was personable and prompt. The most off-kilter aspects were: the tables are too big for intimacy or even for a comfortable business conversion and seem better chosen for a restaurant that serves food family style, with lots of plates, and 2) the music selection does nothing to add to the ambiance, but just serves to fill the silence. Still, this is a place I'll look forward to returning to and will gladly recommend to friends.Special Features:
- good experience, tastyLisawskiVIPDined on 12/28/2013i think what surprised me the most is that Justin's wasn't busier. i know its in a slightly weird location, especially for dinner, but the food was really good, good choices for vegetarians and its got a sleek feel to the space that is inviting. I took home part of my Cauliflower steak dish and even as leftovers it was delicious. they change out the menu with the seasons, so I'm looking forward to going back and seeing what is new!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome foodyumyumDined on 12/19/2013the mussles are the most amazing I have ever had. I crave them every day! You must try these. I also had the appetizer sliders for my dinner and that plus the muscles was plenty for me. I've also had the buffalo burger which was delicious.Special Features:
- excellent food excellent serviceElenadDined on 12/18/2013The Santa Clara restaurant scene was quite bleak before Justin opened. I'm so grateful to have something close enough to the university that I can meet university employed friends for a lovely lunch, and they still get back to the office on time. The servers were friendly, helpful, but unobtrusive. We got the best available table, fast service, lovely pear salad for me, meltingly tender risotto and green beans for my friend, everything very fresh, artfully arranged and quickly served. It is a large space and can accommodate a crowd without problems. Goodbye Quizno, Hello Justin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friend and I enjoyed ourKayQDined on 12/10/2013My friend and I enjoyed our lunch, although the burger that we shared was very messy. The veggie burger was delicious and plenty for two, including the sweet potato fries. Service was attentive and very friendly. I would go back, but probably only for a special occasion. Menu and decor were very eclectic and interesting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 year anniversary dinnerEduardoAndClareDined on 12/7/2013Justin's is clearly a force to be reckoned with. There isn't anything that can compare within a 15 mile radius. The menu is seasonal and appropriately festive with it's decor and glamour. I found that most restaurants have a general theme, but this restaurant in particular has a chameleon like attribute. The theme of course being Justin Like a person the restaurant tries to embody the many idiosyncrasies of a person. The decorations and style clearly are linked, but you would have to be Justin himself to fully understand it. A large variety of "interesting artwork" that leaves you with much more to talk about than you would expect. My first time coming to Justin I was with my current girlfriend (future wife) and we loved it. Amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visiting Justin'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/7/2013First time visiting Justin's and we were all impressed. Service was excellent. Beet salad was great. All of our entrees were really wonderful (party of 6.) Drinks, desserts--everything great. We will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great creative foodChuchu6316Dined on 12/4/2013Was there for lunch. Will definitely return to try the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very HappyNeilDined on 11/29/2013I was impressed with the food. Everything was excellent and we had 4 courses. It is a great place to enjoy some amazing flavors with good service. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceRichDined on 11/22/2013A good addition to the Santa Clara U neighborhood. The nicest place in the university area. Beautiful and artsy decor with many good dining areas. An active bar scene with more intimate areas tucked away too. Good friendly service and an adventuresome menu with some surprises.Special Features:
- A welcome addition to the neighborhBobInSanJoseDined on 11/22/2013This was my first visit to Justin's, after being recommended by a friend. It will not be my last! Our party of four all ordered different entrees and every one of them was excellent. Chicken and salmon were moist and flavorful, the soup and pear salad were works of art! Service was excellent as well. This has just become my favorite restaurant in Santa Clara and I'm very happy that Justin's has added a touch of class to our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Justin's is fantastic! WentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013Justin's is fantastic! Went with four friends we all ordered different entries. And each person said their meal was outstanding. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was great, and thedanniischulzDined on 11/15/2013Service was great, and the food was delicious. Perfect portions and great ambiance. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- half and halfakAlumDined on 11/14/2013My wife's meal was fabulous - the sea bass. I had the filet minion and it was OK. My rice pilaf however was totally undercooked if it was cooked at all. The beet salad was extremely small portion. They were out of the salmon and no one informed us of this despite people coming to the table 3 times before we ordered. It was a special night out, and we definitely paid for that, but not sure I'd go again unless it was to the bar - which seemed cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Justin'sfinedinerDined on 11/14/2013The food was excellent, its presentation was attractive, and our server, Shawn, was outstanding. The fried pickles appetizer was an unexpected treat. I've never had them before, but they were really very good. Others in the party, who have had fried pickles before in the South, said they had never had them served so elegantly. Our dinner was with a candidate in a job interview, and this was a perfect place for a relaxing meal at the end of a long day, where we could make a final good impression. I had not eaten at Justin's before, but I will keep it in mind now for future events where I want to share a fine dining experience in an understated but elegant setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedStephanieDined on 11/9/2013The service was awful. The bartender didn't make my drink correctly, and tried to tell us the menu was incorrect (a server even corrected her, telling her she was wrong). The poor service continued at the table. Our server was rude and short. She simply kept asking us "Are you ready to order?"After not getting the $75 bottle of wine we ordered, we asked for a manager. He was just as rude, never apologized. We decided to leave. I wish I could give specific names, but not one person introduced themselves. We will not go back.
- Good spot to eatRosieDined on 10/18/2013Service was very good. Food was great as well. I would not recommend it for a romantic date because the tables are quite long and they separated the two of us. I would definitely recommend it for large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upon arrival we had to waitVeryunhappydinerDined on 10/15/2013Upon arrival we had to wait 10 minutes before being seated. They were not busy, it just took 10 minutes for the host to return from his break. We asked the one server we saw for help, but he refused. We had the Osso Buco and the fish. I would not reccomend either. The meat in the Osso buco had obviously been reheated, and the fish was so covered wih bread in and sauces it no longer resembled a fish dish.
- good food, great server, odd tablessventoDined on 10/11/2013We dined here shortly after they opened and we found the food to be pretty good, but the service was bad. This time we had an excellent server. This may have just been a result of luck, but in general we were much happier. Several people found the sea bass to be delicious, I found the Osso Bucco to be very good, but the sauce was way too salty to me. (I'm a bit salt sensitive, so this may not be other people's experience.) One oddity of this restaurant is they have very deep tables. This seems nice, but in practice it means you are very far from people you are sitting across from and it makes it difficult to have a conversation with yelling. This seems like an easy fix, but since the tables are new I doubt it will happen too soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing DinnerShannahQuiltsVIPDined on 10/11/2013We had a really wonderful dinner at Justin's. We had the baked brie appetizer, and it was absolutely delicious. We were also served bread in little flowerpots that was so good, it needed no butter or olive oil. I had the pork chop, and it was amazing. There was a Madera sauce on the bottom, and a delicious pesto on top, and they worked together beautifully. I had the chocolate and banana dessert, and it was a complex treat of bananas, frozen bananas, fabulous chocolate cake, and a smooth caramel sauce. Justin's also has a nice lot for parking, so it's easy to get to. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OctAnniversaryDined on 10/9/2013My husband and I had our anniversary dinner here last week. The food and presentation were amazing! We also had a fantastic wine with dinner. I would highly recommend Justin's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My guest from Holland andMiniDinerDined on 10/9/2013My guest from Holland and I were meeting in Santa Clara and chose Justin's based on reviews from Open Table. We were immediately pleased with the chic ambiance, the charming bread pots, and the large roomy tables. The server was patient and attentive. Our choice of Pork Chops with Pesto, muscles and artichoke salad was extremely satisfying. We were so pleased that this lovely restaurant offered us an amazing venue to share for several hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- low key but tastyJJfoodnutVIPDined on 10/5/2013No white tablecloths but some high-end selections. The tables are a little big for intimate dining. service was very good. The fried artichoke was too oily but the dips were good. The veggie option was a great find. the Caesar salad pizza was a cracker with cheese, chicken and salad on it. needed a pesto sauce. Loved the bread pudding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Improvement!MPoloDined on 10/4/2013Gave the restaurant another chance now that it's been open for a while and was pleasantly surprised by the service improvements. Food was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2013We got word of Justin's at Santa Clara Vintage this summer. They served Tomato and Basil soup. My goodness, this was certainly the best tomato soup I have ever had! We decided to go take our son there just for that reason. He loves tomato soup. They did not have it that evening because the soups change everyday and/or week. We did try another soup they had and that was delicious. They bring you out some warm bread in individual pots, super cute! Of course my 7 year old got excited about something and his elbow hit his off the table and the people there were so sweet, told him that was okay and brought him out a new one. Every time we're looking for something to eat, if I mention Justin's we all get very happy and want to go!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience and Servicenew4lunchDined on 10/3/2013I went to lunch at Justin's for the first time for a business meeting. I love having a restaurant of this calibre near the University. The ambience was terrific and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Lunch started with a very nice dinner roll in a clay pot. It was a fun way to start lunch and it was delicious. I choose the chicken panini with fries. The fries were very good, but I found the pesto sauce on the panini to be overwhelming. I was very spicy and there was a substantial amount which distracted from the sandwich. I was unable to finish it. I will return in the future to try another dish and hope for the best. Lunch was a little pricey, so it may be one of my occasional lunch sites rather than a regular lunch spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pricy.SiliconValleyDinerVIPDined on 10/2/2013Limited Menu and way to expensive. A friend of mine has tried it five times, and he is done.
- Justin Hits The High MarkCarolynDined on 10/1/2013We had a mutual birthday lunchat Justin's this week. The vegetarian entrees were delicious, so delicious that we had no room left for dessert. Our server brought us beautifully presented tiny scoops of ice cream with Happy Birthday written in chocolate on the plate. It couldn't have been more appropriate. I enjoyed Restaurant O and have had four meals at Justin's. Each was great but this time the server practiced the definition of superb service. We were there October 1, our server was Jessica. Thanks for making this a special birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Glad Justin is back!!bonjimgDined on 9/25/2013A very special b'day celebration. Appetizer- asparagus wrapped w/prosciutto (not salty at all) & grilled, dreamy pork chop (fabulous sauce, had to get a spoon to clean my plate. My husband had linguini from the sea dish with tons of seafood cooked to perfection, more linguini than he could finish. We could've shared this dish. With no room for dessert, got a surprise from the chef...just enough ice cream & white chocolate birthday greetings on the plate that I of course finished! We believe the sauce master is back and if you remember/loved Restaurant O in Campbell, Justin's new menu choices go back to those days. Have to give a shout out to Chris the bartender too...friendly and efficient with a daily Art of Zen cocktail you should try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, excellent foodPacPeteDined on 9/21/2013The appearance from the outside lends itself to an "institutional chain", but the food and service were excellent. Recommended.Special Features:
- Great Food!MikeDined on 9/20/2013I went to Justin's for dinner the other night and the entire group left completely satisfied. We made a reservation before hand and were able to come in and sit right down. Great food and great service. We will definitely be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service - mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/20/2013We went here twice. The first time I didn't realize they had burgers, pizzas and such so thought we'd give that a try. Unfortunately everything from their appetizers to their desserts are mediocre and we so wanted to love this place. There is nothing I would go back for and order a second time. The service was outstanding but the food was nothing to rave about. Highly disappointed.