328 East Hyman Avenue
Aspen, CO 81611Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.justicesnows.com/
- Phone: 9704298192
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Owner Jonathan Liechliter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Private parties in the Parlor.
- Entertainment: Wednesday nights often feature live music by Jackson Emmer--singer, songwriter, and string aficionado. The Parlor is a community gathering place for literary and artisan activities.
A word from Justice Snow's
Justice Snow’s is Aspen’s favorite restaurant and bar with a landmark location next to the historic Wheeler Opera House in the heart of downtown Aspen. We serve fresh, creative food, handcrafted cocktails, and incredible, affordable wines in an imitable atmosphere. Lunch, and dinner menus at Justice Snow’s are developed seasonally by Executive Chef Jonathan Leichliter. The menus feature inventive dishes that focus on locally sourced ingredients. Weekend brunch offers sweet and savory dishes with unexpected twists. The bar at Justice Snow’s serves up hand-crafted cocktails made with rare spirits, fresh components, and limitless creativity under the direction of renowned ‘cocktail mechanic’ Joshua-Peter Smith. While we have the most extensive cocktail program west of the Mississippi, our incredible bar staff welcomes the opportunity to custom-craft drinks to suit our guests’ personal tastes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Justice Snow's - Best Restaurants in Aspen ›
Justice Snow's reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (20)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (8)special occasion (7)great for brunch (6)good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (4)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great Bar and FoodScottVIPDined on 8/22/2014Amazing drink concoctions with knowledgable bar tenders. Food with exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAntonDined on 8/18/2014This place had been highly recommended to us by people we met and we found it very disappointing. We would have thought on the night of the Precycle Challenge they would be at their very best.
- Small Bites and DrinksWineyGuyDined on 8/8/2014We went for dinner after reading great reviews on both the food and drink side. The small plates were good, main courses ok. Wine list had some very interesting options for reasonable prices. Overall, I was disappointed with the food a bit and the service was somewhat lacking. If I were to go back it would probably just be for drinks. Great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodPatrickVIPDined on 8/8/2014Eight of us ate in the street level room and all of us got very good food and good service. The kids were able to find good choices from the menu. The waitress was helpful, attentive and friendly. Food was served in a timely way.Special Features:
- Worth a visitAntifragileVIPDined on 8/6/2014This used to be an Asian restaurant. The decor and menu has been upgraded. It has a seafood theme but still has some Asian offerings. The Mac crusted bass was great. The servers were very attentive (especially the wine steward). My only complaint was that the wine is offensively priced (4X retail) and Colorado does not allow BYOB (lame). A very good choice if you don't drink wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Justice Snow's down awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014Justice Snow sure knows how to make good food. Really fantastic, service wa a bit slow, but our waitress was new, so she gets a pass. Great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Vibrant!MerrilyDined on 8/1/2014Excellent food ! Even our teenagers loved it! The ambiance is "old Aspen" which is rare these days. The service was mediocre to poor - but we have found that to be the case in most Aspen restaurants, unfortunately.Special Features:
- Blew by our expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/30/2014We were seated in the area downstairs past the bar so it wasn't nearly as loud/active as the main seating area. If you want relative quite, sit there. If you want activity and excitement (and a view down the Hyman mall) sit in the main dining area by the bar. The cocktails were perfect (although slow in coming). The deviled egg and fried green tomato appetizers were delicious. The beet, kale and blue salad was one of the best I'd ever had. And all entrees (pork chop, striped bass, and jumbo prawn) were extremely well prepared and presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steve6290VIPDined on 7/18/2014The appetizers were good but everything , including the service, was downhill from there. At least they deducted some of the cost. Therest of the food was mediocre. The waitress forgot what we had ordered--twice--and then brought a wine we didn't order. At first she insisted we had ordered it, but then said they were out of what we had ordered.
- Good food, indifferent serviceZilkerGirlDined on 7/18/2014We had an early dinner at Justice Snow's, so there were not many other diners when we arrived. Three of our party ordered beer & mixed drinks, and one gentlemen asked if they had lemonade. He was assured that they did, then was served water with lemon juice in it. Many of us like to drink water with lemon juice, but we do NOT call it "lemonade." (The gentleman in question, unfortunately, did not speak up at the time - I learned about this later.) I ordered a salad, with grilled chicken added, and the waitress repeated the order back to me. When that was served, without chicken, the waitress said, "I didn't hear that part." I also had to remind her about a side dish I had ordered. But the food was excellent.
- Best meal in AspenBeBeDined on 7/17/2014We were in Aspen for three nights and the best dinner that we had was at Justice Snow's. The service, the wild salmon, salad, and desert were excellent. They have an enormous cocktail list and offered to create a special martini not on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20 min for 2 drinksSharunsDined on 7/14/2014We had a 6:45 reservation. We were promptly seated outside. The restaurant was not busy. The hostess told is she would fix our wobbly table on the sidewalk. She forgot and never did return. The waiter came and took an order for a draft beer and a cosmo. 20 min and nothing. We got up and left. Again the restaurant and bar were not busy. We were not impressed.Special Features:
- Best Burger - No Subs ThoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/13/2014Love the bar and bar area dining - the back room has less character - but the service is pretty solid throughout. The food is some of the best in Aspen. One of us wanted to make some major substitutions and the waiter informed him that they did absolutely none (though I think we had done so in the past) - but they worked it out and everyone had a great meal. There is live music at times - I'm ambivalent about that but the music is good if a bit loud for dining.Special Features:
- Excellent foodPelicanVIPDined on 7/5/2014Highly recommend the grilled bass and shrimp with grits. Both excellent. Also we enjoyed our waitperson Jim.Special Features:
- Annual pilgrimageOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/21/2014For the past three years, my husband and I have gone to Justice Snow's while we're in Aspen for the F&W Classic. JP has created such a great drink list, anything you want it will be made and made well. Highlights this time were the Reverend on tap and the mussels. Good lord we could not get enough of that broth. Service was a bit slow, not sure if that was the waiter's fault or if they were spread a bit thin. Not a deal breaker.Special Features:
- Good food, small venueSWFLDinerVIPDined on 6/15/2014Only thing I didn't like is the 2 topper right next to another 2 topper deal. I hate listening to someone else's conversation. Couples dining alone are penalized by restaurant configurations it seems.Special Features:
- The following 46 reviews are from the Justice Snow's reviews archive.
- Great local placeSkiProfessionalDined on 5/3/2014Good food, great drink menu, always lively. We recommend for anyone wanting a casual bite at a good price. Thanks for being consistently good.Special Features:
- thoughtsfoodieDined on 3/22/2014I really like Justice Snows and this was the first time I dined there in almost a year. I was disappointed that my favorite entree (that I always ordered previously) is no longer on the new menu. The service was great. The addition of another row of tables along the top floor (between window wall and bar) made it feel more crowded and noisy than when I frequented the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond expectations!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/19/2014We cannot recommend Justice Snow's highly enough! Everyone raves about the drinks -- and with good reason. The mixologists are masters, and we enjoyed both traditional and nouveau cocktails that were beautifully presented and perfectly balanced. The food was similarly outstanding. From the fried pickles to the apple tartlette, our meal was downright stupendous. I don't have a critical comment (which is more than I can say for some other, purportedly fabulous Aspen dining establishments).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown findLocalVIPDined on 3/13/2014Great new place in the heart of the action. Food and service were great. What a cocktail menu!Special Features:
- Awesome food and service.ToneVIPDined on 3/6/2014Awesome food and service. This place is a must while in Aspen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyJulieDined on 3/5/2014Good food, although very limited menu. Quinua was excellent. Too too loudSpecial Features:
- Going backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/3/2014Really good meal. We are going back on our last night. Top choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ....stop by for a drink.Period.SnowbunnyDined on 3/2/2014...and watch your bill...they add not just 20% ( wow) automatically but also give you the 'opportunity' to jump to 22 %.. The food is fine, the ambiance in the resto portion, non existant. When in Aspen, not your best option.
- Just a Damn Good Place to Hang outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/26/2014Whether for a cocktail or dinner the service team and food are excellent. Plus the late night music had the whole place rocking.Special Features:
- Aspen AtmosphereLuvfoodDined on 2/24/2014We booked Justice Snow's on the strength of Open Table reviews and it was spot on. The atmosphere was lively with a few groups of six making for some raucous fun. We could hear each other though! The view out on to the streets of Aspen is lovely. The food was excellent and very reasonably priced. We are going back for the burger. It seemed like everyone in the know we're ordering it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent. Very tastyGregDined on 2/22/2014Food was excellent. Very tasty and well prepared. I believe they were shorthanded the day we were there. Service was a bit slow, but we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table with missing legOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2014Turned out to be a great dinner once we changed tables from a corner table that was missing a fourth leg and had to lean against the wall to stay steady to one in the bar area. The table should get fixed asap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicedwishart119VIPDined on 2/18/2014Benjamin was an outstanding waiter, gave great recommendations about the menu and about the town. Food was delicious and drinks were great!Special Features:
- Perhaps we ordered the wrongSumsumDined on 2/18/2014Perhaps we ordered the wrong thing,but the steak special was very smal and not tender at all. We got the polenta with elk,and it was so fatty we couldn't eat it. We left very unsatisfied. I have to say I haven't had such an unsatisfactory dining experience in this price range in a long time
- Bad Food and Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Justice Snow's called twice to check if we would make our Open Table reservations. We waited a long time for a table even though we arrived only five minutes late. The food was awful and the hostess asked us to vacate our table before we were finished with dinner. Another time we went to their bar. The bartender stood right in for of us for ten minutes and never acknowledged our presence. The place was empty at the time. At the end of ten minutes we left without being served. We went across the street to the Wild Fig and had an excellent dinner. Avoid Justice Snow's unless you like horrible service and bad food. There are many other great dining choices in Aspen. We are local's who dine out often. We will not return to Justice Snow's.
- Cocktails galoreNycjennVIPDined on 2/14/2014Great food and a drink menu that will blow your mind! It's overwhelming so feel free to ask for recommendations based on what you like! Very reasonable prices for the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happening barwashdcerVIPDined on 2/12/2014This place has a classic Aspen location in the Opera house. Very energetic and has a mixologist vibe to it. We ate at the bar and watched the Olympics. The drinks were extraordinary and the food menu was very good as well. It may not be a "classic" sit down dinner, but I would definitely check this place out on your next trip to Aspen. We will be back.Special Features:
- Very slow service...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/10/2014The cocktail service was extremely slow, and they brought the wrong drink on several occasions. Our waiter was polite and apologetic. The "mixologist" seemed to be off his game... they could have used a bartender that night.
- very busy bad serviceDudleyVIPDined on 2/8/2014Appetizers and entrées arrived at same time. Food was cold. Took 30 minutes for bottle of wine to arrive. Table next to us ordered after us and their food arrived before us.
- LovelyKMcWriterDined on 1/31/2014I was traveling in Aspen with friends and we had a great time at Justice Snow's. The space is charming; the waiters are knowledgeable and kind; the food is fun. (Hello, sweet potato waffle fries!) The drink menu is expansive -- if you want to order off the menu at all. For cocktails, our waitress just said, "What do you like? Alcohol type? Sweet? Tart? Floral? Savory?" and some really delicious drinks landed on our table. We actually went back to JS's a few days later to catch the SuperBowl when all the sports bars were full and had a great repeat performance. I'd highly recommend JS's.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/31/2014We were very impressed with the waitstaff. Very helpful, attentive and accommodating. We decided to share meals, and the waitstaff coursed it out for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waitress, great bartenderMaxSDined on 1/24/2014I tend to travel alone, so at some restaurants the attentiveness is pretty mediocre because the tip will only be from one person. However, the waitress here was helpful suggesting a main dish and attentive throughout the course of my meal. Along with my main dish, I ordered the mac and cheese side. It came with bacon, and I explained that I'm vegetarian, so she me me a new one and was very kind about it. Also, their drink menu is superb.Special Features:
- Fantástic restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/2/2014Fantástic restaurant with superb food. Impressive cocktail menu.I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice local spot with foodie pricesja79VIPDined on 1/2/2014Justice Snow's could be such a cool meal spot in Aspen - if not for high-end foodie pricing for "just good" food and service. The pricing is way off from the experience - either go higher or go lower (except for a drink and appetizers at the bar). Justice Snow's is, I guess, an adequate back-up choice when other restaurants are booked but not a first-choice at these prices.