100 Ridge Road
Chadds Ford, PA 19317Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.juntobyob.com/
- Phone: 4845748041x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tues-Thursday 5pm - 9pm
Fri-Saturday 5pm - 10:30pm
Brunch: Sat-Sunday 9:30am - 2pm
Closed: Sunday PM, Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: MacGregor Mann
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Special Events: The Session Room at Junto is available for business meetings and private parties of up to 24 guests.
A word from Junto
A Modern Pennsylvanian Farmhouse utilizing locally sourced ingredients prepared with traditional techniques. Adventurous with flavor combinations and presentation culminating in a representation of Modern Pennsylvanian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Junto reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (88)neighborhood gem (60)special occasion (38)romantic (24)great for outdoor dining (19)good for groups (14)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- BuntzVIPDined on 8/27/2014This spot has seen several restaurants come and go over many years. After our third time here, I'd say Junto looks like a keeper. Four of us dined & everyone thought the food was excellent. Ravioli appetizer is a winner and the corn bread with apple butter is a great way to start. Black bass & sturgeon main courses were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Junto BYOBSoleilDined on 8/27/2014Excellent food!! Rather noisy due to sparse decor. BYOB is a real plus. Has a few outdoor tables but view is not great. Overall I will definitely go back. Food was creative, delicious and well-presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/26/2014What a find. We are so grateful that this fine young chef has brought his talent to Chadds Ford/Northern Delaware. He has taken some ordinary ingredients and done magic. The egg ravioli is one of the most beautiful and delicious dishes we've ever had. I wanted to order seconds, but wouldn't have had room for anything else. He makes excellent sauces...light, but so deep and flavorful. We'll go back for another ravioli, and then, work our way through the rest of the menu. Prices are more than reasonable for the quality and creativity of the food.Special Features:
- Best meal in a long timercooper331VIPDined on 8/21/2014I travel and eat out a lot....I have to say this was the best meal I've eating in a long time.. I was skeptical on looking at the menu as I usually go for plainer food but this was fantastic... My chicken was flavorful and moist. That may not sound like a wonderful review, but trust me this was excellent.... Just remember its BYOBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and interestingJanMarieDined on 8/20/2014Unusual menu with interesting combinations. Not the usual fare but very yummy and satisfying. Will take more friends back! I love BYOB resturants and the lower bill as a result. It is a chef driven menu with such items as pepper okra relish, cran and corn fritters, great salad with baby greens that had substance and many more items to try. Summer eating just allowed for appetizer and first course. I want to try the beef check and other entrees when I go back.Special Features:
- Our New Favorite PlaceChaddsCoupleDined on 8/16/2014Finally .... dining comes to Chadds Ford!! Thoroughly enjoyed our first visit. The food quality ... dish presentation ... blend of flavors ... efficient service ... pleasant environment ... taste ... all combined for a great dinner. Most definitely going back.Special Features:
- Best duck ever!oreocheesecakeVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had the 4 course duck menu that was on special--foie torchon (w/beets and other things), drumstick and thigh manicotti with black garlic sauce, walnuts and thai basil, duck breast (sooo tender, crispy skin, best I've ever had) with carrots 7 ways, and peach cobbler made with peaches that had been cooked in the duck. Duck was dry aged for 12 days, smoked on cherry wood for 45 minutes, and finished in the oven to perfection. Man was it good! There were many other items on the menu that I wanted to try (they looked good as they were brought out to other diners too!), so we will definitely be back. The only issue is that the dining room is really live, so it gets loud in there. Besides that, dinner at Junto was a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- A bit of everything....2fordineDined on 8/13/2014Both my wife and I had the "tasting" menu, as this was out first time at Junto.The selections were excellent, the portions just right, and the service friendly and efficient. We will highly recommend Junto to our friends and neighbors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Food here was great! The courses had their charm to each. Word to the wise if your going to go for all 4 coarses plus desert come very hungry or you won't make it through your entree. Over all will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- PhutzeeDined on 8/9/2014We ordered the chef's tasting menu and it was fabulous! We definitely will return, and soon! Telling everyone about it!Special Features:
- Glad they are herejuntoDined on 8/9/2014So nice to have another good restaurant option in the general Wilmington DE area. Our table of 4 enjoyed our dinner. The menu is not extensive but contained numerous interesting options. We all enjoyed our meal...the fish entrees and appetizers were tasty, the soup starters were very good and nicely presented. Wish they served the appetizer bread to start instead of the corn bread without much flavor. High marks on food, very good marks on presentation. Unfortunately, the wait staff needs more training!!! They were timely but very awkward. Poor job of elaborating on menu items & horrible job describing the tasting menu. Seemed unsure of themselves when serving, etc. Need more training and poise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2014We tried the Chef's tasting menu and loved everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014Incredible spot, rotating menu based on available ingredients, very fresh and innovative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot Haute PA Dutch CusineflowtopsVIPDined on 8/7/2014A truly unique take on indigenous foods and ingrediants with wonderful execution of flavors and presentation. Our table started with the Cheese and Charcuterie. I then I had the Egg Yolk Ravioli and Grilled Sturgeon. Memorable. At first I thought the décor a bit underwhelming, but I realized Junto is reinforcing the simplicity of the farm life with equally sublime art and professional staff. It was a true pleasure to hold a normal conversation and not fight escalating conversations of large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is "Mac"nigicent!ScoonutDined on 8/6/2014Two days later we are still talking about the great meal we had. MacGregor Mann is enthusiastic about the farm to table concept and showcases beautifully locally grown produce. Normally I'm a meat and potatoes person, but the mushroom dishes were so flavorful and rich that I didn't miss "meat". I can't wait to return, and maybe next time order 2 servings of the amazing egg yolk ravioli. Watching the deer graze in the adjacent field is an added bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent first experience!PsmithDined on 8/6/2014Food delicious! Service professional, knowledgeable & friendly. Presentation of food A+. Will recommend & return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to table at its finest!gottadanceDined on 8/2/2014Phenomenal food, excellent and knowledgeable service made for a terrific evening for four friends. Definitely a hidden treasure in Chadds Ford! Can't wait to go back!!! Impeccable ingredients and beautifully presented dishes. A real find!!!Special Features:
- Beautiful foodFoodiegirlVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was our first time at Junto for dinner and we cam with another couple so we could sample and share a number of dishes. Nothing disappointed. The root plate was beautiful, beef cheeks were sublime and the service was unbelievable attentive and disciplined. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Eat local and welleuphorbietteVIPDined on 7/30/2014The chef of this two month old bistro likes to locally source his ingredients and cooks with a unique attention to detail. We shared the wild mushroom and pea appetizer , which came in a casserole with goat cheese croutons. it was delicious. Then we both had the smoked sturgeon entree, which was served on a plank with seasonal vegetables and a light herb sauce. the dessert was snicker doodle profiteroles , a unique take on a classic. The skill of the cooking coupled with BYOB made the bill quite reasonable. We will return!Special Features:
- Great on a Tuesday Night!BillDined on 7/29/2014Had the extreme pleasure of dining at Junto last Tuesday along with my husband and another couple. Must say that it was very nice. There were not many diners ( assume Tuesday is a slow night) so it was nice and quiet. The service was great- especially in regards to serving our BYOB wine. The glasswear is great. Then there is the food-- not a huge menu but everything that our group ordered was very tasty and cooked to perfection. I was not too fond of the deserts ( I am not a real desert person). The servings were ample. Looking forward to more great meals at this gem!!Special Features:
- Great Mealmax4Dined on 7/29/2014Very nice evening. We ate early because we were attending a Longwood concert, so there were not many peoplethere yet. Also, it was a week night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningdivaDined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful time and a delicious meal. The heirloom tomatoe salad was very good with excellent presentation. I would recommends the free range chicken, but next time, I"ll call ahead and reserve the duck.Special Features:
- 2nd Shot, OfffoodnwineDined on 7/26/2014This was my second time for dinner and I was suprprized to be so disappointed. The first was during the soft opening and was heavenly. After 2 months I expected to see some new and seasonal dishes. We sat in a different side and the sound was so bad we had trouble hearing each other at the table and back and forth with the waitstaff. The staff takes your bottle of wine but forgets and leaves glasses dry. We ordered 3 aps and while two were forgot the third was acknowledged 3 times but arrived after the previous dishes were finished. The steak was good but $65? Love the wine glasses. Certainly the chef is talented and all the foods were very good but at this visit the negatives weighed heavily against the positives.I would recommend this to a friend.
- How did they get good reviews?StanDined on 7/26/2014This was one of the worst meals I have ever had. There were 5 in our party and one liked his main dish. For the rest of us The food lacked flavor,was bland and the ingredients which were unusual combinations in each dish didn't complement each other or meld. Some of our party didn't even eat their dishes.There was no feeling that spices or herbs were used,there was no polish or vibrance to the taste of anything. The noise level was horrible and we could not hear each other. In fact we asked the waitress(who was very accommodating and knowledgeable) to feed some of the other patrons so our ear drums would stop vibrating.
- Second Time There This WeekExhossvmdVIPDined on 7/25/2014Revisited with my wife and another couple. They were equally impressed with the food. I saw the co-owners of La Fia ( James Beard Award Winning Restaurant ) there. We know each other and they were impressed alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menuDinahDined on 7/22/2014Unusual menu. Good for adventurous diners. Scallops fabulous with light tempura. Service a little sketchy. Not yet professional. Overwhelming noise level inhibits service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new restaurantExhossvmdVIPDined on 7/22/2014I forgot it was BYOB and the hostess asked me if I wanted a beer from the chefs personal stash. That is service and I appreciated the thought. The food is wonderful and imaginative .Service is great. Food is locally sourced . That is how I found out about the restaurant because my CSA supplies fruits and vegetables to them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceChrisGDined on 7/17/2014It was going to be just a regular summer weeknight – that is until a friend recommended we try Junto. Words cannot express how amazing our evening turned out. Here are the highlights: Steamed Clams, Heirloom Tomato Salad (beautiful & delicious), Corn Soup, my favorite of the evening was the House Salad. Everything was so good. I only ate half of the salad so I could have some the next day. It was incredible. We also tried the Sauerkraut and Sausage. My husband loved this! Our dinners were equally as good. The chicken was tremendous as were the scallops. Onto the wait staff: Friendly & Knowledgeable. I haven't had this level of fresh, interesting flavor combinations since my trip to Paris last year. We were so impressed with the Chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocaldinerDined on 7/15/2014Obviously the chef is very talented. Menu discriptions are larger than portions. Pricey, but interesting, but for how long?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative BYODEdinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014Bistro atmosphere and menu with some truly innovative dishes on the menu and as specials. The food was excellent and the service pleasant and efficient. Give this place a try for some authentic French rustic dishes. Great value as well.Special Features:
- We had the ducklargreenVIPDined on 7/12/2014My party of 4 enjoyed the special duck preparation for the table, divided into multiple courses and expertly served and explained, with a final visit from the young chef. Truly gracious and memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticGregVIPDined on 7/11/2014Food was incredible and the service was excellent! This will be a new favorite...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly amazingWayneDined on 7/10/2014Their cornbread was shaped like corn and served w/apple butter. It was a novel presentation, but we didn't like the taste of the cornbread. We didn't care for the chicken liver mousse as it tasted extremely gamey, more like duck liver than chicken liver. Their chicken corn chowder was delicious. The garden salad was fantastic. Anyone who can make a garden salad that addictive is a force to be reckoned with! Then came the entrees. The chicken dish was one of the best I have ever eaten! The pasta dish was also sensational! We brought some of each entree home and they were both still wonderful the next night heated up. Chef Mac is a true talent and we will definitely be back. We want to try the 20 oz. rib eye steak next time!Special Features:
- JuntoherbengVIPDined on 7/10/2014Excellent, imaginative, "modern" German-style cuisine. Worth a trip.Special Features:
- Tuesday night Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/8/2014This was our (2 couples) first time dining at this restaurant. Since this was a week night, there weren't many diners. We had excellent service, with good explanations of the unique and interesting foods. The stand-out dishes for us were the chicken corn soup, scallops and sturgeon. The presentations were appetite-enhancing, and the portion sizes were just right. We were celebrating one of our group's birthday, and she had suggested Junto. We all agreed that it was a very good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findBobkDined on 7/5/2014Great food with unique but not weird combinations. Will definitely return. Service excellent and staff was very knowledgeable. Just opened but they have their act together. Menu changes often so you won't get bored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a Real WinnerDisappointmentVIPDined on 7/5/2014This us the best restaurant we have eaten at in years! I live in Florida half of the year, travel extensively, and eat out often. This is the first restaurant I have been really impressed with in a long time. I had the evening special, bar b que ribs. Better than Charleston. My husband had black garlic feticinni. Amazing. Great corn bread and apple butter. I will be back but would like to see more choices on the menu. Also our waiter Sean was great.Special Features:
- Dinner MenuHelciaDined on 7/3/2014The three of us dined at this local BYOB restaurant with a bit of trepidation because the comments mentioned unusual food. The food was really tasty. We don't like big portions. These were not small, but medium sized. The presentations were eye catching and a bit unusual (onion froth), but delicious. We shared three appetizers and two entrees. The zucchini blossom stuffed with sturgeon was exceptional. For the entree, I preferred the Black Bass Steamed in Cardamom Leaf, but the others preferred the Grilled Sturgeon. If we didn't treat the meal as a tasting experience, we would have been extremely satisfied with all of the menu. Service was friendly and professional. Ambience was a bit sparse. We will definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuntzVIPDined on 7/1/2014This was our first visit to Junto and we will be back. The menu was quite intriguing, and the food was creative and well-prepared, from the tasty hot corn bread and apple butter right through the entrees. This building has been the site of several restaurants, but none of this caliber. The decor is somewhat funky, with an old wringer washer serving as a repository for ice water and cooler for white wines. Service was a tad slow, but that should improve in time. Special kudos for the "cheeks" appetizer, featuring beef and skate, and the scallops appetizer. Profiteroles and ice cream for dessert were good, but not special. We look forward to our next meal at Junto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place good foodchickVIPDined on 7/1/2014Very nice setting and the service was very very good. I thought the food was good but I expected more.