100 Ridge Road
Chadds Ford, PA 19317Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.juntobyob.com/
- Phone: 4845748041x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tues-Thursday 5pm - 9pm
Fri-Saturday 5pm - 10:30pm
Brunch: Sat-Sunday 9:30am - 2pm
Closed: Sunday PM, Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: MacGregor Mann
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Special Events: The Session Room at Junto is available for business meetings and private parties of up to 24 guests.
A word from Junto
A Modern Pennsylvanian Farmhouse utilizing locally sourced ingredients prepared with traditional techniques. Adventurous with flavor combinations and presentation culminating in a representation of Modern Pennsylvanian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Junto reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (109)neighborhood gem (72)special occasion (56)romantic (27)great for outdoor dining (21)good for groups (16)great for brunch (13)hot spot (6)great for lunch (5)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- All the reviews were rightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/21/2014We really loved out night. Two things food and good service or and they are close. Score! Two people had the tasting menu - favorite items were the beef cheeks and the smoked sturgeon. Two people went for the sampling around the menu. Everything we ordered was a winner that we were thinking about the next day.Special Features:
- Understand the Rave reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/21/2014The chicken corn soup was amazing. I think that the mushroom dish would be better with the peas, beans overpowered it. Liked the plate of pickled vegetables. The seafood is very well prepared. The wait staff was knowledgeable, attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceSonnySpotDined on 10/18/2014Food and service were very good. We enjoyed a relaxing dinner at Junto. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Junto reviewfatbutfitDined on 10/15/2014We were disappointed with the noise level and the lighting. We had been to the restaurant before (under another name) and thought the new owner would change the decor to match the level of his cooking expertise. We had the sampler for six people and it was well done but the constant juggling of plates and platters on a small table was disruptive. The main courses were delicious (lamb and chicken), and the heirloom tomato dish was very good but personally I saw other items on the menu I wanted to try and would not order the sampler again. We'll give it one more try with just two people, hopefully in a quieter corner. The service was very good, no problem there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New small trendy BYOSAFSRDined on 10/15/2014Just saw a great write up by Craig Laban and figured I wouldnt be able to get a table. Turns out that I needed a place for a work event. Two of us tried the tasting menu and it was wonderful. Very good pace on the service, excellent presentation, knowledgable staff. I really couldnt say anything negative at all. Love the BYO part!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique combinations and flavorswannabeefoodcriticVIPDined on 10/14/2014My husband and I went here to celebrate our anniversary. We had the tasting menu which was extraordinarily creative and delicious. Some of the smokey flavors were a treat and unexpected. Attentive service, comfortable atmosphere. We'll be back!Special Features:
- A few missesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/9/2014We tried a bunch of menu items, most of them missing the mark. Started off with a small cheese plate, the cheddar. They served the cheddar cold, thus we couldn't get the full taste of the cheese. Then split the chicken corn soup. I thought it was pretty good, my wife didn't care for it. She also went with the shrimp special. The shrimp were very small and the accompaniments totally overpowered the delicate shrimp. I had three first course items. The ravioli was the star of the meal, and would give it a 5 star grade. The beef cheek, I'd say 4 star and the Apple Snitz which I didn't care for, would be a 1 star. The chocalate dessert was a 3 star, not bad, not great. Service was great and we also enjoyed that it is a BYO.
- Happy to find another great BYOBGlutenousMaximusDined on 10/9/2014Fish dishes were perfectly prepared. Black Bass and Sturgeon are their best sellers for a reason. We love creative BYOB's, and we'll probably become regulars at this wonderful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go hungry!2happycampersDined on 10/9/2014Food was very creative, delicious, fresh but the portions extremely small. I get that the idea is to order several courses but the prices are quite high and with the tiny portions,it can be a very expensive evening. The one cornbread stick served before dinner was good but a nice baguette would have been better.When we asked for some bread, we were served two tiny pieces of not so fresh baguette. Probably a good place for foodies with a large bank account but kind of pretentious for those of us who appreciate very good food in normal quantities for a not outrageous price. Nice to be able to BYOB. Service was great but the noise level was crazy loud. Can't say I'd return or recommend.Special Features:
- Joint-oWouldburyDined on 10/4/2014We both ordered the Chef's selection tasting menu. It was a great choice for us. The courses were served tapas style. Everything was interesting, but among the many highlights were the Roots, Beef Cheek, Scallops and Corn Fritters. Do get here before you can't get reservations anymore.Special Features:
- worth the tripDisappointedVIPDined on 10/4/2014We rarely leave the city for dining, but the review made it a must go. After touring the nearby winery and grabbing a few bottles, we headed for the spot. Friendly staff and scrumptious dishes made it well worth the trip. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XXXXXXXXXXXVIPDined on 9/27/2014FIRST TIME HERE MET ALL OUR EXPECTATION FOOD AND SERVICE EXCELLENT WILL GO BACK AGAINSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFoodLoverDined on 9/26/2014Having just returned from Copenhagen and the gastronomic excellence of the region, Junto was a real surprise. From start to finish it was one of the best meals I've had in the Philadelphia area. And incredibly reasonable. My only complaint was that the rooms resonate rather than dampen the noise. But after a taste of the food,noise level was forgotten and forgiven.Special Features:
- Food is everythingBearVIPDined on 9/26/2014Everything was spectacular, from the gazpacho, ravioli and pork meatballs special to the black bass snapper and vegan pasta. Everything from the quality of the ingredients to the preparation and presentation was top notch. And this is a very affordable BYOB. I was a bit surprised that there were no specials, other than one small plate, having read rave reviews about the aged duck and other specials. We had to coax information out of our server regarding the chefs sampling. The snapper was great, but you don't find out there is snapper until you place an order for bass. The servers could be more engaging (you get the sense they want you in and out) but the food is everything, and this was the best in a long time.Special Features:
- Perfect DinnerFineDinerDined on 9/26/2014The food, service, and ambience were all perfect at Junto. The kitchen pays attention to the details. The servers were delightful. We will return!Special Features:
- Good food, Service a litte clunkySeafoodLoverVIPDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I enjoyed the tasting menu. All of our selections were very good. We particularly enjoyed the scallops, chicken, and panna cotta dessert. Our server was attentive, but at times there were multiple people hovering, so it seemed like they were still training folks and it was just a little awkward. Note: Our 10-year-old was with us and they can make a mac & cheese for kids. We'll likely go back when they switch from the summer to fall menu.Special Features:
- Delicious!soandsoDined on 9/25/2014Best restaurant meal we've had in a long while. Good soups, wonderful entrees, too full for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & Service but...LcblynnVIPDined on 9/24/2014it's really noisy....they need to add some soft materials in the rooms to lower the din. Day Scallops and Beet appetizers are amazing!Special Features:
- Good but not spectacularlovebyobsDined on 9/24/2014After reading the reviews, I wanted to love this place but even though our meal was good, I'm not in a rush to return. There were 4 of us, on a Weds evening and we all had the chef's tasting menu ($55 pp). The dishes were good but none especially memorable, except maybe the egg yolk ravioli and scallops. The pace of the dishes coming out was quite fast and although the servers are all very nice and attentive, we had to ask to have the empty plates removed. Nice touch with both white and red wine glasses which is unusual for a BYOB.Special Features:
- Unique FindMolmegDined on 9/24/2014Junto exceeded my expectations. The food and service were impeccable. The menu choices were eclectic, not what you are used to. Being a BYOB makes it even better. The prices were moderate. A great overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A deserved three bells!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014I would definitely return! We split the egg yolk ravioli and apple snitz choucroute (apple, sauerkraut and sausage) as a first course; split the ribeye (with potatoes, turnip and arugula) and had the flourless cake for dessert. Homemade cornbread was also provided before the first course. Everything was really outstanding, from the bread to dessert! The vegetables and bread were uncommonly excellent and the sauerkraut was some of the best that we've ever had! This is without a doubt one of the best restaurants in the area. Service was attentive and friendly. BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - good valueflavorseekerVIPDined on 9/21/2014Enjoyed Sunday brunch at Junto. The corned beef hash and ham and egg sandwich were both tasty with good textural elements to enhance flavor interest. Our only concern was dining room housekeeping. The table next to ours was not bused and cleaned quickly even though the staff was not busy with diners. Also, the floor was not cleaned up as we noticed a half eaten bread stick and crumbs at another table near by. Finally, we were bothered by flies as the front door was left open. The front of the house needs some attention to what otherwise was a fine meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but noisyFishboneDined on 9/20/2014My party of two were struck by the noise emanating from the hard surfaces--floors, walls and ceiling. For s small restaurant it was very noisy. I had the waitress-recommended sturgeon and though very good, it wasn't what in anticipated from her description. It tasted like a smoked fish, and though I like smoked food, I would have ordered another entry instead had I known. Presentation was good. Overall though, the meal was somewhat disappointing due to the noise volume.Special Features:
- Junto meetingesschVIPDined on 9/20/2014Impressed by the menu, especially the combinations of "PA DUTCH" origin foods combined with surprising choices of fish, vegan and meat selections. Probably just a mishap at our particular table selections but the vegetable sides were over salted & the meat was undersalted. Other than that, good tasting experience which was fairly priced for the efforts made by the chef. The service was all over the place with our table of 2 visited by no less than 4 servers. Some gave excellent plate descriptions, while others basically told us the type of meat or fish. We will go back as it's clear that Junto has great potential. As an admirier of Ben Franklin, it would have been nice to have a samll explanation of restaurant name on the menu.Special Features:
- Great food with BYOBLoveWegmansDined on 9/20/2014All food was very savory! BYOB is great so close to us in Chadds Ford.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotSteveDined on 9/19/2014Junto was one of the best meals I've had in a while. Top shelf cuisine by a top shelf chef. I preordered the dry aged duck. Fantastic. I would say this place is a must go, not a should.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014A welcome addition to the northern Delaware/southeastern Pennsylvania dining scene! Creative, eclectic, and reasonably priced cuisine at this BYOB, where the servers are knowledgeable, helpful and delightful! Love the contemporary Pennsylvania Dutch influences on the menu. Only criticism is the noise level. Maybe everyone was just too excited about the food. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodtonyVIPDined on 9/19/2014Great food, could not have been any better, salad, steamed clams and flounder (special), wife had the Black Bass, very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food, great chefElyseUUVIPDined on 9/13/2014Junto is a rare find in this area! It is a BYOB that offers new and creative dishes. Have eaten here twice in 5 weeks and has Ben very enjoyable to try different offerings!Special Features:
- Just not for us.AndeeDined on 9/12/2014I think we are the exception. We really wanted to like this, the service and ambiance were excellent. Our server(s) could not have been nicer and were very informative. Started off with charcuterie, very good. Mushrooms dish and corn soup ok. Mushrooms needed something more IMO. Ravioli was ok but very rich. We only ordered small plates as did not find anything we wanted for entrees (was hoping for some enticing specials). Dessert menu did not have anything we were interested in either. The quality, & service great! I just think the menu is not our thing. We like Harvest, Antica, Blue Pear (local restaurants -just for a reference). I would recommend to others but just make sure they look at menu first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth tryingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/6/2014All the previous great reviews are not an exaggeration. The food is wonderful. Junto has a small understated bistro atmosphere. Our server, Karen, was polite and the timing between courses was perfect. The menu is small on number of selections but huge on flavor. The quality of the ingredients and the presentation of each dish rivals any five star big city restaurant, plus a BYO which is even better. We started with the cheese board, a must. Our appetizers were the corn fritters and the ravioli which were both light and flavorful. My husband had the free range chicken and I the fettuccine both better than delicious! You can tell the Chef takes great pride in both his ingredients and the visual appeal of each dish. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/5/2014Food was creative, nicely balanced tastes. Portions were reasonably sized. Staff explained what was in each dish as it was being served. Emphasis on local foods. Soups and first courses were especially excellent. Price was very reasonable, also considering it is BYOB.Special Features:
- New Place is Really Good !GratefuldinerDined on 9/4/2014First time here and it was well worth it. I echo the many reviews which say Junto is outstanding. Superb blending of tastes and a very different type of menu. Great to begin with the meats and cheeses, we shared a set and didn't have any complaints. The blue cheese was really outstanding. Wild mushroom consume was tasty and the scallops were nicely done, I enjoyed the tempura-like batter on them. All this good food and it is a BYOB, which makes it even better. Decor is plain but tasteful. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- BuntzVIPDined on 8/27/2014This spot has seen several restaurants come and go over many years. After our third time here, I'd say Junto looks like a keeper. Four of us dined & everyone thought the food was excellent. Ravioli appetizer is a winner and the corn bread with apple butter is a great way to start. Black bass & sturgeon main courses were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Junto BYOBSoleilDined on 8/27/2014Excellent food!! Rather noisy due to sparse decor. BYOB is a real plus. Has a few outdoor tables but view is not great. Overall I will definitely go back. Food was creative, delicious and well-presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!BarbDeeVIPDined on 8/26/2014What a find. We are so grateful that this fine young chef has brought his talent to Chadds Ford/Northern Delaware. He has taken some ordinary ingredients and done magic. The egg ravioli is one of the most beautiful and delicious dishes we've ever had. I wanted to order seconds, but wouldn't have had room for anything else. He makes excellent sauces...light, but so deep and flavorful. We'll go back for another ravioli, and then, work our way through the rest of the menu. Prices are more than reasonable for the quality and creativity of the food.Special Features:
- Best meal in a long timercooper331VIPDined on 8/21/2014I travel and eat out a lot....I have to say this was the best meal I've eating in a long time.. I was skeptical on looking at the menu as I usually go for plainer food but this was fantastic... My chicken was flavorful and moist. That may not sound like a wonderful review, but trust me this was excellent.... Just remember its BYOBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and interestingJanMarieDined on 8/20/2014Unusual menu with interesting combinations. Not the usual fare but very yummy and satisfying. Will take more friends back! I love BYOB resturants and the lower bill as a result. It is a chef driven menu with such items as pepper okra relish, cran and corn fritters, great salad with baby greens that had substance and many more items to try. Summer eating just allowed for appetizer and first course. I want to try the beef check and other entrees when I go back.Special Features:
- Our New Favorite PlaceChaddsCoupleDined on 8/16/2014Finally .... dining comes to Chadds Ford!! Thoroughly enjoyed our first visit. The food quality ... dish presentation ... blend of flavors ... efficient service ... pleasant environment ... taste ... all combined for a great dinner. Most definitely going back.Special Features:
- Best duck ever!oreocheesecakeVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had the 4 course duck menu that was on special--foie torchon (w/beets and other things), drumstick and thigh manicotti with black garlic sauce, walnuts and thai basil, duck breast (sooo tender, crispy skin, best I've ever had) with carrots 7 ways, and peach cobbler made with peaches that had been cooked in the duck. Duck was dry aged for 12 days, smoked on cherry wood for 45 minutes, and finished in the oven to perfection. Man was it good! There were many other items on the menu that I wanted to try (they looked good as they were brought out to other diners too!), so we will definitely be back. The only issue is that the dining room is really live, so it gets loud in there. Besides that, dinner at Junto was a wonderful experience.Special Features: