100 Ridge Road
Chadds Ford, PA 19317Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.juntobyob.com/
- Phone: 4845748041x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tues-Thursday 5pm - 9pm
Fri-Saturday 5pm - 10:30pm
Brunch: Sat-Sunday 9:30am - 2pm
Closed: Sunday PM, Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: MacGregor Mann
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Special Events: The Session Room at Junto is available for business meetings and private parties of up to 24 guests.
A word from Junto
A Modern Pennsylvanian Farmhouse utilizing locally sourced ingredients prepared with traditional techniques. Adventurous with flavor combinations and presentation culminating in a representation of Modern Pennsylvanian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Junto reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (90)neighborhood gem (58)special occasion (39)romantic (25)great for outdoor dining (19)good for groups (13)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (6)hot spot (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good food, but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014My party of two were struck by the noise emanating from the hard surfaces--floors, walls and ceiling. For s small restaurant it was very noisy. I had the waitress-recommended sturgeon and though very good, it wasn't what in anticipated from her description. It tasted like a smoked fish, and though I like smoked food, I would have ordered another entry instead had I known. Presentation was good. Overall though, the meal was somewhat disappointing due to the noise volume.Special Features:
- Great food with BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/20/2014All food was very savory! BYOB is great so close to us in Chadds Ford.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotSteveDined on 9/19/2014Junto was one of the best meals I've had in a while. Top shelf cuisine by a top shelf chef. I preordered the dry aged duck. Fantastic. I would say this place is a must go, not a should.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food, great chefElyseUUVIPDined on 9/13/2014Junto is a rare find in this area! It is a BYOB that offers new and creative dishes. Have eaten here twice in 5 weeks and has Ben very enjoyable to try different offerings!Special Features:
- Just not for us.AndeeDined on 9/12/2014I think we are the exception. We really wanted to like this, the service and ambiance were excellent. Our server(s) could not have been nicer and were very informative. Started off with charcuterie, very good. Mushrooms dish and corn soup ok. Mushrooms needed something more IMO. Ravioli was ok but very rich. We only ordered small plates as did not find anything we wanted for entrees (was hoping for some enticing specials). Dessert menu did not have anything we were interested in either. The quality, & service great! I just think the menu is not our thing. We like Harvest, Antica, Blue Pear (local restaurants -just for a reference). I would recommend to others but just make sure they look at menu first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth tryingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/6/2014All the previous great reviews are not an exaggeration. The food is wonderful. Junto has a small understated bistro atmosphere. Our server, Karen, was polite and the timing between courses was perfect. The menu is small on number of selections but huge on flavor. The quality of the ingredients and the presentation of each dish rivals any five star big city restaurant, plus a BYO which is even better. We started with the cheese board, a must. Our appetizers were the corn fritters and the ravioli which were both light and flavorful. My husband had the free range chicken and I the fettuccine both better than delicious! You can tell the Chef takes great pride in both his ingredients and the visual appeal of each dish. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/5/2014Food was creative, nicely balanced tastes. Portions were reasonably sized. Staff explained what was in each dish as it was being served. Emphasis on local foods. Soups and first courses were especially excellent. Price was very reasonable, also considering it is BYOB.Special Features:
- New Place is Really Good !GratefuldinerDined on 9/4/2014First time here and it was well worth it. I echo the many reviews which say Junto is outstanding. Superb blending of tastes and a very different type of menu. Great to begin with the meats and cheeses, we shared a set and didn't have any complaints. The blue cheese was really outstanding. Wild mushroom consume was tasty and the scallops were nicely done, I enjoyed the tempura-like batter on them. All this good food and it is a BYOB, which makes it even better. Decor is plain but tasteful. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- BuntzVIPDined on 8/27/2014This spot has seen several restaurants come and go over many years. After our third time here, I'd say Junto looks like a keeper. Four of us dined & everyone thought the food was excellent. Ravioli appetizer is a winner and the corn bread with apple butter is a great way to start. Black bass & sturgeon main courses were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Junto BYOBSoleilDined on 8/27/2014Excellent food!! Rather noisy due to sparse decor. BYOB is a real plus. Has a few outdoor tables but view is not great. Overall I will definitely go back. Food was creative, delicious and well-presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!BarbDeeVIPDined on 8/26/2014What a find. We are so grateful that this fine young chef has brought his talent to Chadds Ford/Northern Delaware. He has taken some ordinary ingredients and done magic. The egg ravioli is one of the most beautiful and delicious dishes we've ever had. I wanted to order seconds, but wouldn't have had room for anything else. He makes excellent sauces...light, but so deep and flavorful. We'll go back for another ravioli, and then, work our way through the rest of the menu. Prices are more than reasonable for the quality and creativity of the food.Special Features:
- Best meal in a long timercooper331VIPDined on 8/21/2014I travel and eat out a lot....I have to say this was the best meal I've eating in a long time.. I was skeptical on looking at the menu as I usually go for plainer food but this was fantastic... My chicken was flavorful and moist. That may not sound like a wonderful review, but trust me this was excellent.... Just remember its BYOBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and interestingJanMarieDined on 8/20/2014Unusual menu with interesting combinations. Not the usual fare but very yummy and satisfying. Will take more friends back! I love BYOB resturants and the lower bill as a result. It is a chef driven menu with such items as pepper okra relish, cran and corn fritters, great salad with baby greens that had substance and many more items to try. Summer eating just allowed for appetizer and first course. I want to try the beef check and other entrees when I go back.Special Features:
- Our New Favorite PlaceChaddsCoupleDined on 8/16/2014Finally .... dining comes to Chadds Ford!! Thoroughly enjoyed our first visit. The food quality ... dish presentation ... blend of flavors ... efficient service ... pleasant environment ... taste ... all combined for a great dinner. Most definitely going back.Special Features:
- Best duck ever!oreocheesecakeVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had the 4 course duck menu that was on special--foie torchon (w/beets and other things), drumstick and thigh manicotti with black garlic sauce, walnuts and thai basil, duck breast (sooo tender, crispy skin, best I've ever had) with carrots 7 ways, and peach cobbler made with peaches that had been cooked in the duck. Duck was dry aged for 12 days, smoked on cherry wood for 45 minutes, and finished in the oven to perfection. Man was it good! There were many other items on the menu that I wanted to try (they looked good as they were brought out to other diners too!), so we will definitely be back. The only issue is that the dining room is really live, so it gets loud in there. Besides that, dinner at Junto was a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- A bit of everything....2fordineDined on 8/13/2014Both my wife and I had the "tasting" menu, as this was out first time at Junto.The selections were excellent, the portions just right, and the service friendly and efficient. We will highly recommend Junto to our friends and neighbors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Food here was great! The courses had their charm to each. Word to the wise if your going to go for all 4 coarses plus desert come very hungry or you won't make it through your entree. Over all will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- PhutzeeDined on 8/9/2014We ordered the chef's tasting menu and it was fabulous! We definitely will return, and soon! Telling everyone about it!Special Features:
- Glad they are herejuntoDined on 8/9/2014So nice to have another good restaurant option in the general Wilmington DE area. Our table of 4 enjoyed our dinner. The menu is not extensive but contained numerous interesting options. We all enjoyed our meal...the fish entrees and appetizers were tasty, the soup starters were very good and nicely presented. Wish they served the appetizer bread to start instead of the corn bread without much flavor. High marks on food, very good marks on presentation. Unfortunately, the wait staff needs more training!!! They were timely but very awkward. Poor job of elaborating on menu items & horrible job describing the tasting menu. Seemed unsure of themselves when serving, etc. Need more training and poise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2014We tried the Chef's tasting menu and loved everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014Incredible spot, rotating menu based on available ingredients, very fresh and innovative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot Haute PA Dutch CusineflowtopsVIPDined on 8/7/2014A truly unique take on indigenous foods and ingrediants with wonderful execution of flavors and presentation. Our table started with the Cheese and Charcuterie. I then I had the Egg Yolk Ravioli and Grilled Sturgeon. Memorable. At first I thought the décor a bit underwhelming, but I realized Junto is reinforcing the simplicity of the farm life with equally sublime art and professional staff. It was a true pleasure to hold a normal conversation and not fight escalating conversations of large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is "Mac"nigicent!ScoonutDined on 8/6/2014Two days later we are still talking about the great meal we had. MacGregor Mann is enthusiastic about the farm to table concept and showcases beautifully locally grown produce. Normally I'm a meat and potatoes person, but the mushroom dishes were so flavorful and rich that I didn't miss "meat". I can't wait to return, and maybe next time order 2 servings of the amazing egg yolk ravioli. Watching the deer graze in the adjacent field is an added bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent first experience!PsmithDined on 8/6/2014Food delicious! Service professional, knowledgeable & friendly. Presentation of food A+. Will recommend & return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to table at its finest!gottadanceDined on 8/2/2014Phenomenal food, excellent and knowledgeable service made for a terrific evening for four friends. Definitely a hidden treasure in Chadds Ford! Can't wait to go back!!! Impeccable ingredients and beautifully presented dishes. A real find!!!Special Features:
- Beautiful foodFoodiegirlVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was our first time at Junto for dinner and we cam with another couple so we could sample and share a number of dishes. Nothing disappointed. The root plate was beautiful, beef cheeks were sublime and the service was unbelievable attentive and disciplined. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Eat local and welleuphorbietteVIPDined on 7/30/2014The chef of this two month old bistro likes to locally source his ingredients and cooks with a unique attention to detail. We shared the wild mushroom and pea appetizer , which came in a casserole with goat cheese croutons. it was delicious. Then we both had the smoked sturgeon entree, which was served on a plank with seasonal vegetables and a light herb sauce. the dessert was snicker doodle profiteroles , a unique take on a classic. The skill of the cooking coupled with BYOB made the bill quite reasonable. We will return!Special Features:
- Great on a Tuesday Night!BillDined on 7/29/2014Had the extreme pleasure of dining at Junto last Tuesday along with my husband and another couple. Must say that it was very nice. There were not many diners ( assume Tuesday is a slow night) so it was nice and quiet. The service was great- especially in regards to serving our BYOB wine. The glasswear is great. Then there is the food-- not a huge menu but everything that our group ordered was very tasty and cooked to perfection. I was not too fond of the deserts ( I am not a real desert person). The servings were ample. Looking forward to more great meals at this gem!!Special Features:
- Great Mealmax4Dined on 7/29/2014Very nice evening. We ate early because we were attending a Longwood concert, so there were not many peoplethere yet. Also, it was a week night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningdivaDined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful time and a delicious meal. The heirloom tomatoe salad was very good with excellent presentation. I would recommends the free range chicken, but next time, I"ll call ahead and reserve the duck.Special Features:
- 2nd Shot, OfffoodnwineDined on 7/26/2014This was my second time for dinner and I was suprprized to be so disappointed. The first was during the soft opening and was heavenly. After 2 months I expected to see some new and seasonal dishes. We sat in a different side and the sound was so bad we had trouble hearing each other at the table and back and forth with the waitstaff. The staff takes your bottle of wine but forgets and leaves glasses dry. We ordered 3 aps and while two were forgot the third was acknowledged 3 times but arrived after the previous dishes were finished. The steak was good but $65? Love the wine glasses. Certainly the chef is talented and all the foods were very good but at this visit the negatives weighed heavily against the positives.I would recommend this to a friend.
- How did they get good reviews?StanDined on 7/26/2014This was one of the worst meals I have ever had. There were 5 in our party and one liked his main dish. For the rest of us The food lacked flavor,was bland and the ingredients which were unusual combinations in each dish didn't complement each other or meld. Some of our party didn't even eat their dishes.There was no feeling that spices or herbs were used,there was no polish or vibrance to the taste of anything. The noise level was horrible and we could not hear each other. In fact we asked the waitress(who was very accommodating and knowledgeable) to feed some of the other patrons so our ear drums would stop vibrating.
- Second Time There This WeekExhossvmdVIPDined on 7/25/2014Revisited with my wife and another couple. They were equally impressed with the food. I saw the co-owners of La Fia ( James Beard Award Winning Restaurant ) there. We know each other and they were impressed alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menuDinahDined on 7/22/2014Unusual menu. Good for adventurous diners. Scallops fabulous with light tempura. Service a little sketchy. Not yet professional. Overwhelming noise level inhibits service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new restaurantExhossvmdVIPDined on 7/22/2014I forgot it was BYOB and the hostess asked me if I wanted a beer from the chefs personal stash. That is service and I appreciated the thought. The food is wonderful and imaginative .Service is great. Food is locally sourced . That is how I found out about the restaurant because my CSA supplies fruits and vegetables to them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceChrisGDined on 7/17/2014It was going to be just a regular summer weeknight – that is until a friend recommended we try Junto. Words cannot express how amazing our evening turned out. Here are the highlights: Steamed Clams, Heirloom Tomato Salad (beautiful & delicious), Corn Soup, my favorite of the evening was the House Salad. Everything was so good. I only ate half of the salad so I could have some the next day. It was incredible. We also tried the Sauerkraut and Sausage. My husband loved this! Our dinners were equally as good. The chicken was tremendous as were the scallops. Onto the wait staff: Friendly & Knowledgeable. I haven't had this level of fresh, interesting flavor combinations since my trip to Paris last year. We were so impressed with the Chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocaldinerDined on 7/15/2014Obviously the chef is very talented. Menu discriptions are larger than portions. Pricey, but interesting, but for how long?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative BYODEdinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014Bistro atmosphere and menu with some truly innovative dishes on the menu and as specials. The food was excellent and the service pleasant and efficient. Give this place a try for some authentic French rustic dishes. Great value as well.Special Features:
- We had the ducklargreenVIPDined on 7/12/2014My party of 4 enjoyed the special duck preparation for the table, divided into multiple courses and expertly served and explained, with a final visit from the young chef. Truly gracious and memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticGregVIPDined on 7/11/2014Food was incredible and the service was excellent! This will be a new favorite...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.