100 Ridge Road
Chadds Ford, PA 19317Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.juntobyob.com/
- Phone: (484) 574-8041
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tues-Thursday 5pm - 9pm
Fri-Saturday 5pm - 10:30pm
Brunch: Sat-Sunday 9:30am - 2pm
Closed: Sunday PM, Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: MacGregor Mann
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Special Events: The Session Room at Junto is available for business meetings and private parties of up to 24 guests.
A word from Junto
A Modern Pennsylvanian Farmhouse utilizing locally sourced ingredients prepared with traditional techniques. Adventurous with flavor combinations and presentation culminating in a representation of Modern Pennsylvanian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Junto reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (128)neighborhood gem (81)special occasion (69)romantic (31)great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (16)great for brunch (15)hot spot (10)great for lunch (5)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- portions were small for the pricemdphDined on 11/18/2014The food was good but for the price a bit small. I think a bit more variety on the menu would help as well. But, we had a great time, lovely server and enjoyed the quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- egg yolk in your ravioli? ,you can get it here.!foodieDined on 11/18/2014Had a difficult time selecting from the menu as it was limited. Corn fritters and corn soup was offered and we ordered the soup. Surprised to then have corn bread come to the table. Why so much corn? I doubt it was non -GMO. Soup was tasty and very different. I had the clams... very good and asked for more bread for dipping the delicious broth. My friend had the scallops and enjoyed them..I would recommend this to a friend.
- MasterfulKJayneVIPDined on 11/14/2014We are serial diners and Junto prepared two of the most delicious meals we have ever had! The food was amazing quality, it felt like we were being served the chef's best. The food was incredible, balanced, masterfully seasoned and prepared and presented beautifully. The flavors were complex but not complicated. It was perfection! Cant wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Craig Le Ban was correct in his recent reviewDragonladyDined on 11/14/2014The food was exceptional. Beautifully presented, and warm. The free range chicken was the best I've ever eaten--tender, moist and flavorful. Whatever the sauce was under the chicken was divine. The corn fritters were very good--however, I wouldn't have ordered them if I had known we would be served a piece of corn bread at the beginning of the meal. Dessert profiteroles were unusual in the use of a pastry which was not as light as normal profiteroles. They were acceptable, but not wonderful..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New & NoteworthyJewinDined on 11/13/2014Try the chef's tasting menu. The selections are brave and delicious. The smoked salmon on pumpernickel toast with egg yolk mousse, creme fraiche, and capers was a perfect balance of flavors, textures, and color. They even accommodated our dietary restrictions, well, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food, Too noisyWestChesterDinerVIPDined on 11/11/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant now that it is Junto. The food was delicious and different. I had the wild mushrooms appetizer which was really a soup, something I didn't realize from the menu description. It was very good. My husband had the roots appetizer which he enjoyed but it was on the small size. We both had the smoked sturgeon and enjoyed it very much as it is something you don't see on many menus and was very tasty. We shared the flour-less chocolate cake, very dark chocolate and not too sweet. Service was excellent but the noise level made conversation between us difficult, even at a small table. We could not hear the servers when they were describing the selections.Special Features:
- Great first experience!lgdg71VIPDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I had a great meal at Junto. We had the chef's tasting, which was so much fun, we loved being surprised. Everything was cooked perfectly and we loved the PA Dutch influence in the dishes. I grew up on that food and it was so blah and bland but this chef has used his imagination to make it interesting and modern. My only little critique is to space out the courses a bit better. At one point we had received a course and two more came out about a minute later. The table was a two seater so it was a bit of a juggle to put everything down. If you are doing the chef's tasting and bring wine, I'd suggest a white and a medium red. That way you're covered for most courses. We look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A coveted reservationGwilyDined on 11/8/2014After much waiting we finally were able to get a reservation at Junto and weren't disappointed. Although the menu was fairly limited we were delighted with our choices. The corn fritter appetizer was light and perfectly cooked. The charcuterie choices the two men picked were equally tasty. The sturgeon was perfect with just the right amount of crispness. My husband's chicken was melt-in-your mouth tender and moist.The two desserts we chose to share were a wonderful ending to a thoroughly enjoyable meal. Bravo Junto! Welcome to the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Under-whelmedFoodies4EverDined on 11/7/2014Read a great review for Junto on Philly.com - couldn't wait to try it. We are "foodies" - city & suburbia - and were very disappointed. It is in a side store of a strip mall -nothing charming or unique about the venue and it was very loud. Service was poor - waiter spoke very softly so we couldn't hear - we tended our own wine & scavenged our own salt and pepper. The cheese and meat starter was good - generous portions and the house made mortadello was very good. The mushroom soup was salty - clams were very good - the harvest salad was tasty. The sturgeon was good but small portion, the bass had no flavor, the duck was so-so, the rib-eye was very good but at $60+ it should have been phenomenal. Desserts were unremarkable. Won't be back!
- Nicely DoneBuddyTheElfDined on 11/7/2014We very much enjoyed our dinner at Junto. Everything was done well. From the first greeting by the hostess to the presentation of the bill, the staff was courteous and attentive, but not overly so. The menu was inventive, and the food was enjoyable. Our only negative is that we felt that the decor was a bit too spartan. It's hard to explain, but there are places that draw you in, rooms in which you feel comforted by the space as well as the food. When these two things merge, the experience is sublime. Junto has gotten the service and the food right, the space needs more attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MargsaDined on 11/7/2014Food was amazing. Unusual flavors and attention to detail. Timing of dishes in tasting menu was perfect. A memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; terrible locationMediaDinerVIPDined on 11/7/2014Tucked away in strip-mall land near routes 202 and 1 is a surprisingly good BYOB. We enjoyed everything we had, but are not likely to go back since it is so difficult to get to from Media.Special Features:
- First time, but not the last timeDrlouiepaDined on 11/1/2014This past weekend was our first time at Junto. It won't be our last. It is worth the 45 minute drive. The food choices are great and different and, yes, the food was great. I had the Sturgeon which was terrific even without the special sauce. My wife had the beef cheeks which were also tasty and different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My wife and I went here on a Saturday night to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and we loved everything about the eveinng. We had great food and great service.Special Features:
- Fun place to get together w/friendsluv2eatoutDined on 11/1/2014Would go back again. The food was great at brunch. Had eggs benedict and would get it again. Even the potatoes served with the eggs was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, butheshVIPDined on 10/31/2014Good food, not great; portions a bit small. We'll try again on a mid-week night( not Halloween)Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!lovetodineDined on 10/31/2014We ordered the chef's selection and could not have been more pleased. It was a wonderful and memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as the review statedStanDined on 10/30/2014Perfect in every way. The servers were very knowledgeable about the menu and very pleasant and professional. The meal was amazing, just as Craig LaBan's three bell review suggested. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Junto is a GemBuntzVIPDined on 10/30/2014This was our fourth visit to Junto and we will keep returning. Any fears that the terrific review in the Inquirer might "go to their heads" were rapidly dispelled when the complimentary cornbread and apple butter appeared. The wild mushroom appetizer and egg yolk ravioli appetizer were wonderful, as were the black bass with clams and sturgeon with broccoli florets entrees. Presentations were creative, the service was friendly and professional, and prices are reasonable. This place is a keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table for SixOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/29/2014Getting a night where all 6 of us can be together and then match that with Junto's schedule is a challenge but we finally did it Oct. 29. It was worth the wait. We all enjoyed our meals. We like the local and seasonal foods emphasis. We like BYO. The menu has a nice set of original recipes. Never had grilled sturgeon before. The noise level was moderate amidst a full-house. Our wait person was very knowledgeable about the items on the menu. We all said we would return. The panna cotta dessert was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally, a high-end byob in our areaSusannafoodVIPDined on 10/28/2014We had the tasting menu. Every bite of every small plate was divine. Our server was attentive without hovering. The chairs are comfortable and the tables are spaced well. I can't wait to go back. Wonderful dinner for a fair price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Appetizers, eggs benedict were very very good and perfectly cooked. Biscuits and gravy was just ok , biscuit too tough but it could have been a bad batch hopefullySpecial Features:
- 60thBdayVIPDined on 10/24/2014My husband and I ate at Junto on 10/24 - for my birthday. This was our first visit so we decided to try the $55.00 tasting menu. We were not disappointed. We were served 9 courses at the chef's discretion. Every course was delicious. The waitstaff was knowledgeable and attentive, but not overbearing. Would definitely go back and have already recommended to several friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valueOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/23/2014The overall food was good, but not as compared to the rave reviews we heard. This restaurant came highly recommended but in the end was a bit disappointing especially for the value. The appetizer portion was not enough for two to share. There were 5-6 entree options. Beef was over $60, then chicken , a vegetarian dish and the rest fish. If you don't eat fish the menu is very limited. The food quality was good but the portions were a bit scarce. Plenty of other restaurants in the area of similar ilk with comparable quality, atmosphere and more favorable value.Special Features:
- All the reviews were rightSaraDined on 10/21/2014We really loved out night. Two things food and good service or and they are close. Score! Two people had the tasting menu - favorite items were the beef cheeks and the smoked sturgeon. Two people went for the sampling around the menu. Everything we ordered was a winner that we were thinking about the next day.Special Features:
- Understand the Rave reviewsBBeauDined on 10/21/2014The chicken corn soup was amazing. I think that the mushroom dish would be better with the peas, beans overpowered it. Liked the plate of pickled vegetables. The seafood is very well prepared. The wait staff was knowledgeable, attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceSonnySpotDined on 10/18/2014Food and service were very good. We enjoyed a relaxing dinner at Junto. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Junto reviewfatbutfitDined on 10/15/2014We were disappointed with the noise level and the lighting. We had been to the restaurant before (under another name) and thought the new owner would change the decor to match the level of his cooking expertise. We had the sampler for six people and it was well done but the constant juggling of plates and platters on a small table was disruptive. The main courses were delicious (lamb and chicken), and the heirloom tomato dish was very good but personally I saw other items on the menu I wanted to try and would not order the sampler again. We'll give it one more try with just two people, hopefully in a quieter corner. The service was very good, no problem there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New small trendy BYOSAFSRDined on 10/15/2014Just saw a great write up by Craig Laban and figured I wouldnt be able to get a table. Turns out that I needed a place for a work event. Two of us tried the tasting menu and it was wonderful. Very good pace on the service, excellent presentation, knowledgable staff. I really couldnt say anything negative at all. Love the BYO part!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique combinations and flavorswannabeefoodcriticVIPDined on 10/14/2014My husband and I went here to celebrate our anniversary. We had the tasting menu which was extraordinarily creative and delicious. Some of the smokey flavors were a treat and unexpected. Attentive service, comfortable atmosphere. We'll be back!Special Features:
- A few missesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/9/2014We tried a bunch of menu items, most of them missing the mark. Started off with a small cheese plate, the cheddar. They served the cheddar cold, thus we couldn't get the full taste of the cheese. Then split the chicken corn soup. I thought it was pretty good, my wife didn't care for it. She also went with the shrimp special. The shrimp were very small and the accompaniments totally overpowered the delicate shrimp. I had three first course items. The ravioli was the star of the meal, and would give it a 5 star grade. The beef cheek, I'd say 4 star and the Apple Snitz which I didn't care for, would be a 1 star. The chocalate dessert was a 3 star, not bad, not great. Service was great and we also enjoyed that it is a BYO.
- Happy to find another great BYOBGlutenousMaximusDined on 10/9/2014Fish dishes were perfectly prepared. Black Bass and Sturgeon are their best sellers for a reason. We love creative BYOB's, and we'll probably become regulars at this wonderful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go hungry!2happycampersDined on 10/9/2014Food was very creative, delicious, fresh but the portions extremely small. I get that the idea is to order several courses but the prices are quite high and with the tiny portions,it can be a very expensive evening. The one cornbread stick served before dinner was good but a nice baguette would have been better.When we asked for some bread, we were served two tiny pieces of not so fresh baguette. Probably a good place for foodies with a large bank account but kind of pretentious for those of us who appreciate very good food in normal quantities for a not outrageous price. Nice to be able to BYOB. Service was great but the noise level was crazy loud. Can't say I'd return or recommend.Special Features:
- Joint-oWouldburyDined on 10/4/2014We both ordered the Chef's selection tasting menu. It was a great choice for us. The courses were served tapas style. Everything was interesting, but among the many highlights were the Roots, Beef Cheek, Scallops and Corn Fritters. Do get here before you can't get reservations anymore.Special Features:
- worth the tripDisappointedVIPDined on 10/4/2014We rarely leave the city for dining, but the review made it a must go. After touring the nearby winery and grabbing a few bottles, we headed for the spot. Friendly staff and scrumptious dishes made it well worth the trip. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timechesterVIPDined on 10/2/2014The food was inventive and very good. Fresh farm to table. I would go back again.Special Features:
- XXXXXXXXXXXVIPDined on 9/27/2014FIRST TIME HERE MET ALL OUR EXPECTATION FOOD AND SERVICE EXCELLENT WILL GO BACK AGAINSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFoodLoverDined on 9/26/2014Having just returned from Copenhagen and the gastronomic excellence of the region, Junto was a real surprise. From start to finish it was one of the best meals I've had in the Philadelphia area. And incredibly reasonable. My only complaint was that the rooms resonate rather than dampen the noise. But after a taste of the food,noise level was forgotten and forgiven.Special Features:
- Food is everythingBearVIPDined on 9/26/2014Everything was spectacular, from the gazpacho, ravioli and pork meatballs special to the black bass snapper and vegan pasta. Everything from the quality of the ingredients to the preparation and presentation was top notch. And this is a very affordable BYOB. I was a bit surprised that there were no specials, other than one small plate, having read rave reviews about the aged duck and other specials. We had to coax information out of our server regarding the chefs sampling. The snapper was great, but you don't find out there is snapper until you place an order for bass. The servers could be more engaging (you get the sense they want you in and out) but the food is everything, and this was the best in a long time.Special Features:
- Perfect DinnerFineDinerDined on 9/26/2014The food, service, and ambience were all perfect at Junto. The kitchen pays attention to the details. The servers were delightful. We will return!Special Features: