27 West 24th St.
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
IndianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.junoonnyc.com/
- Phone: 2124902100x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Monday - Sunday: 12 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
DINNER: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. -
Friday and Saturday - 5:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Please be aware that seating between the hours of 5:00pm - 5:30 pm will be available in the Patiala Lounge only. Seating in the main dining room begins at 5:30 pm. Please note your preference.
Please call us if you have children in your party as tables with children can only be accommodated in our Patiala Room.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Vikas Khanna
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: If you have purchased and wish to redeem a special offer voucher, please call us directly to make your reservation. Some vouchers are ONLY valid for dining in the Patiala Lounge.
Restaurant Week Menu is available Monday - Sunday for Lunch & Sunday - Friday for Dinner.
- Cross Street: Between 5th & 6th Avenues
- Public Transit: You can take the F or M train to 23rd St & 6th Avenue. Alternatively you can take the N,R,W to 23rd St.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking Garage located on the corner of 24th St and 6th Avenue. Entrance located on 24th Street
A word from Junoon Restaurant
Derived from the Hindi word meaning passion, Junoon delivers on the promise of its moniker with an authentic, yet elegantly modern take on Indian cuisine. Restaurateur Rajesh Bhardwaj, inspired by his deep affinity and commitment to the food and culture of his native India, has assembled a talented team, who share his same vision including celebrated chef and cookbook author, Vikas Khanna, helming Junoon's kitchen as Executive Chef.Continued
Don't forget to peak into Junnon's one-of-a-kind Spice Room where an array of fresh spices are ground daily and made into a unique blend to be used in the marinades and sauces for the day.
Don't forget to peak into Junnon's one-of-a-kind Spice Room where an array of fresh spices are ground daily and made into a unique blend to be used in the marinades and sauces for the day.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Junoon Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (129)fit for foodies (107)romantic (91)good for groups (57)notable wine list (50)great for lunch (39)neighborhood gem (35)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (20)great for brunch (13)late-night find (10)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- First time, not my last timeNoniVIPDined on 8/30/2014This is a lovely, elegant restaurant with great service and great food. I highly recommend for an elegant Indian food meal.Special Features:
- pre-dinner cocktails the low pointOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Really don't understand why one would make cocktails and then load them up with ice. The pre-dinner cocktails were the low point of the evening. If I wanted a slushy I would have gone to 7-11. Are you loading the drinks up with ice to use less alcohol? Loading up the drinks with ice forces once to drink them out of straws. Who wants to drink a $14 cocktail out of a straw? That and next time I'll bring my drinking mitten. If there was a rating category for the bar you would fail! Who ever thought this was a good idea, show them the door. The drinks I'm referring to that we ordered were: Kaffir Caipirinha, Tandoori Tequila, and the Jaipur Julep.Special Features:
- eatsout2VIPDined on 8/29/2014We went to Junoon for our son-in-laws birthday. The food and service were excellent. They went out of their way to acknowledge his birthday. They put birthday greetings on the menu and on the dessert plate. What a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but great for business lunchMayur345Dined on 8/22/2014Food was great. My party enjoyed the taste of different India items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth a michelin startasteurDined on 8/21/2014The food is over priced and not refined. The chicken labadar was sour and tasted as if the chef had no idea of what he was sending out of his kitchen. The lamb kolapurhi was good but nothing over the top. The chicken naan was missing chicken. It was hard to tell there was any chicken in it at all. The chipotle chicken kabobs were good and were accompanied by good tasting sauces/gelee. The noorani kabob was mediocre, the presentation was off and did not taste so great.
- tasty nouveau IndiannyfoodieDined on 8/18/2014Delicious, innovative and grease-free Desi food that's worth a trip. If it were in my neighborhood I'd be there all the time. Reviewers who have complained about the high prices should stick to the ghee-laden heartburn Indian with dreck atmosphere if they want to pay less. I had shrimp appetizer with Goan sauce and avocado cucumber foam: spicy, ethereal shrimp with a cooling flavorsome accompaniment. The chicken kabobs were succulent, moist and perfectly charred and spiced. The okra was out of this world. So were the naan and roti. My only complaint was the wait staff was intrusive. They kept asking to take our plates when there was food on them, interrupting our conversation and asking three times too many if we needed anything.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RIP OFF PRICES/NOT RECOMMENDEDNOTRECOMMENDEDDined on 8/16/2014The menu online/printed does not tell you that there is a $35 per person cover charge. The waiter told me that I should know that they charge $35 per person and when I said, even kids, he said yes, which is a rip off. The food quality is good, service is good but the quantities are so less, they are fit for one person only. A chicken dish starts at $20 and you get 4 pieces of chicken. Would NOT recommend this place at all. I am reporting them to the BBB for not posting the cover charge anywhere.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Our visit was fabulous!! Very professional and warm staff. Highly trained in customer service! Way to go! Food was delicious, inventive and even traditional. We love Indian food so for us it was an experience! Highly recommend this for most occasions!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencesmtx21Dined on 8/15/2014Went with my family for Restaurant Week and loved the menu. Highly recommend the chipotle chicken tikka and the murg lababdar.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Lovely experience - beautiful space. During restaurant week: The food was delicious - a nice variety of options on their special menu. Great sauces. Terrific chocolate cheesecake. Drinks quite pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!MattyDined on 8/15/2014One of the best times my wife and I have ever had. The food was great and the service was even better. The sommelier even came to our table and talked with me about the pairings. Awesome! That has never happened to us before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnwelcomingAnanseDined on 8/14/2014We had booked a table for myself and my 13 year old son. We we were looking forward to our Indian meal. However when we arrived we were asked abruptly if we were aware of the no children policy and that there was a dress code. We weren't aware of this. My son was a wearing new denim jeans. We were told we could eat in the bar where the tables were coffee table height. We were offended by our reception at the restaurant and decided to leave without eating. Very disappointing.
- Great ambience but...PShahDined on 8/13/2014Food was hit and miss. One of the dishes we got was fantastic but everything else was just meh. Expected more from this place as the ambience was fantastic and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at JunoonFOODIE1Dined on 8/13/2014We ordered from the RESTAURANT WEEK menu and were delighted by the dishes. My friend ordered apricot and mango salad and I ordered the cauliflower dish, which was delicious. For entrees, my friend ordered chicken with a spicy sauce and I ordered lamb. We both decided on the same delicious and creative dessert: coconut rice pudding. The ambiance is great also. You feel that you have been transported to India when you look at the beautiful Indian decor and listen to the soft Indian music that is being played. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceGouraDined on 8/12/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. All positive things to say about the staff, the decor and of course the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2014Junoon was EXCELLENT. The food could not have been better and the service was impecable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014had restaurant week lunch and all three items were excellent. quality of cooking appears to have improved much. would still prefer several very spicy dishes, such as a vindaloo - what was offered was excellent but relatively blandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeding ExpectationsNycgirlDined on 8/11/2014The experience my friends and I enjoyed at Junoon was above and beyond. We were there to celebrate my friend's upcoming nuptials with a bridal dinner. Upon arrival, the hostess was friendly and the wait staff extremely attentive. I had written a few comments mentioning my friend's bridal shower, not expecting much, perhaps seating us specially.Little did I know that was the least of their generous offerings.The bride-to-be was given customized menus, received well wishes from every member of the restaurant that interacted with us, and provided many unexpected treats, compliments of the chef. As the organizer of my friend's bridal shower, I was in pure awe with Junoon's executations of ALL the aspects within the restaurant. It was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and vibes!harroop45Dined on 8/10/2014Went for restaurant week dinner. Food was delicious and service was suburb. Their coconut rice pudding was the best non-chocolate dessert ive had! Its of course pricey so I dont know if I would go again, but it was definitely a great romantic outing with my husband.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014Food was good but portions were small for one person.
- Good food great Ambience!Raindrops10Dined on 8/10/2014We were at Junoon to celebrate my birthday with my parents and husband. It was an amazing experience. I give 5 stars to the main course, however appetizers could have been better. Service was a little slow but the servers were extremely polite. I would go again but only on special occasions since this is an expensive place offering smaller portions of food. However quality of food is really worth trying. Most of all I would go again to enjoy the decor and ambiance and the atmosphere in general.Special Features:
- Attention to detailPeteDined on 8/8/2014Absolutely great food and the service was impeccable. The attention to detail was second to none. Took my wife here August 8, 2014 for her birthday and she was greeted with a "Happy Birthday" from time we walked in. The menu even had a greeting with her name on it, so did the dessert. Great time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingGormay13VIPDined on 8/7/2014Restaurant week is always a hit or miss in NYC, Junoon handles it flawlessly as they do everything. The food and service is impeccable, in beautiful surroundings. The best part of the rest week menu was the choice of the chocolate cheesecake dessert - most desserts containing rose water are not my thing. The drinks at the bar with Hemant are always well made and entertaining. The choices for rest week were vast and the eggplant chaat, something I never had seen before was really well made, crispy and like the noodles you would find in a papri dish. Highly recommended!!!Special Features:
- They deserve any award givenBroeDined on 8/7/2014There is nothing I have not been delighted with on the menu. Vegetarian is a s fine as the rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meal!luvtoeatVIPDined on 8/7/2014Went to Junoon for my husband's birthday. Everything was perfect! They did a lovely job in making it a very special occasion.Special Features:
- Highly overrated + overpricedNYCGourmandVIPDined on 8/7/2014Maybe Junoon used to be at the top its game. No longer. Very poor showing from the kitchen during what should be the time to pull out all the stops, i.e. New York's Restaurant Week, August 2014. Meager (read that "miserly") portions are served during what should be a time to shine, lunch. Non-vegetarian thali as well as the prix fixe Restaurant Week 3-course luncheon were sampled. The rogan josh lamb dish was served with tough, over-cooked lamb in a very lackluster sauce. One shrimp, yes, ONE shrimp, as embarrassing as that is, also overcooked and tough (who's minding the store here?) was served in the thali offering of 3 meat and fish dishes. At lunch, all this came to over $62 for two with no drinks, in fact, no beverages at all.
- Prix fixe dinner Aug 2014cocoabean28Dined on 8/3/2014The ambience is great and the staff are very courteous. Food and wine was brought swiftly and the staff explained the pairing. They were non-intrusive and efficient. We had the fish, chicken and the gobi as appetizers. I preferred the delectable fish and chicken over the gobi. Even though I am a hardcore non-vegetarian, the Kadi blew my mind. It was out of the world. The rogan josh was great, but while few of the pieces of mutton were a little tough, while others were perfect. The murgh lababdar was a let down. I wish they had more variety on the dessert front. I would certainly dine here again, but will perhaps stick to dishes that come recommended from friends with a similar palate, or to the dishes that I have tried and liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet Indian Food, Lush SettingDiningDiDined on 8/3/2014I've been to Junoon many times, and it's always a pleasure. It's my favorite spot for networking lunches (always impressive). I've recommended it to a number of foodie friends, and it's earned high praise from them, as well. My family took me there for my birthday recently, and the staff really made it special. The food is spectacular and the setting is spacious and beautiful. The restaurant is quiet and elegant, which is unusual these days. After eating at Junoon for the first time, my daughter said she was angry with me, because Junoon ruined all other Indian restaurants for her—Junoon is the only place she wants to go for Indian food. Me, too!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedShushDined on 8/3/2014I have been to Junoon before and the one thing that set it apart from many other Indian restaurants were the depth of flavors that their sauces had. However this time, I wanted to introduce someone to this place and went for the restaurant week lunch. I was quite disappointed this time though. I chose the lamb dish and the sauce was fairly pedestrian - bland and fairly generic. The meat was also chewy.
- Great experience and delicious foodbayareafoodieinNYCDined on 8/2/2014Absolutely love the wine selection and the sommelier was very helpful. The octopus tandori and the lamb shank were absolutely amazing. Was pricey, but would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/2/2014The quality of the food has deteriorated since the last time we were there. The food was not freshly prepared. It tasted like it had been heated in the microwave or the stove and brought to us. Will not go back again.
- Great service and cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I went to Junoon for the first time with a friend. We selected our courses from the Restaurant Week menu. My favorite dish was the Lamb Roganjosh, my main course. My friend, on the other hand, ordered Kerala Shrimp Curry, which had good flavor, but only came with three shrimp. Other courses were on the small side as well. I understand that food cost is a major consideration when restaurants develop their Restaurant Week menus, but skimping on the portion sizes probably won't convince diners to return. On the other hand, Junnon gets an A for service. The dining room staff were very attentive and when our main courses came out, the server cheerfully gave us a brief geographic lesson for each dish. In addition, the cocktails were delicious.
- DeniseDined on 8/1/2014Everything was what one would expect in a top-tier restaurant and more so. Service was impeccable. Food was exquisitely prepared. One of our group ordered the wine pairings, and the sommelier described each pour in detail. He also took the time to discuss the rieslings with us since we had ordered an unknown. One of our party was delayed by 20 minutes, and no one pressed us about it. (Of course, the restaurant was not filled, so that may be different on other days.) We couldn't have been happier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't take out curry to goKlbh1Dined on 8/1/2014i blew up my day because take out food flew out and made stain shopping bag my dress and even my new clothes in another shopping bag.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/31/2014The food was very good. My friend asked if the portion sizes differed for restaurant week. They do. They serve a smaller portion. I guess that makes sense, but I didn't like that idea. The place is immaculate. Very large and beautiful. Didn't expect that. My only 2 problems: way too much ice in their drinks. Seriously. I had a mock tail ($8) and my friend had a real cocktail ($14) and the ice was way on the rim of the glass...you thought at first that they forgot to put any liquid In the glass. The other problem: we felt rushed. I like fast efficient service. This was different. They were just about hovering over us waiting for us to finish a course so that they could clear the table.Special Features:
- jocko1945jocko1945VIPDined on 7/31/2014We went for Restaurant Week, portions were small, service was good. Even thought the restaurant had just opened we had to wait at the bar for 15 minutes for our table, I think $17.00 for a vodka gimlet is a bit much!!! What I also find amusing is the telephone call the day before to reconfirm your reservation, when you are told that the dress code is "business casual", no shorts, no flip flops & surprisingly "NO CHILDREN", and yet they allow men in "undershirts" into the dining room.
- Seems they changed focus to moneyJatsVIPDined on 7/30/2014Used to be my favorite spot - but now the focus seems to have shifted to money. They have imposed 35 usd, for us who do not drink alcohol is steep which meant we ad to order a lot more food than we wanted.
- Changed my view of Wine and IndianRachNYCVIPDined on 7/30/2014We recently enjoyed the Restaurant week menu. It was delicious on its own, but it was the carefully curated Wine Pairing that took this from good to great. Michael, the Sommelier, had a unique and amazing understanding of how to pair the wines with the food. This has completely changed my Indian food dining experience. Thank you.Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014For a celebrity chef and Michelin star this place serves just about ok Indian food. There are lower end places which serve better food. Service is very slow. Maybe they do better at dinner time but RW lunch was just about ok
- Great food, fairly 'dry' serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/30/2014Always great to have lunch or dinner here. Food is amazing. Service was somehow a bit off this time. It all felt 'removed' and dry. We initially got a wrong menu (we found out as my lunch partner and I referred to dishes we wanted to choose that the other didn't have). It was hard to find the right waiter although the restaurant was not busy at all.Special Features: