Juniper's at The Wildflower Inn
2059 Darling Hill Road
Lyndonville, VT 05851Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Juniper's at The Wildflower Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.junipersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (802) 626-8310
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm; Lunch is served during the Summer only from 11:30-2:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Travis Chapman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Juniper's at The Wildflower Inn
You’ll find a great menu featuring all natural beef, chicken, pork, and farm fresh ingredients, spectacular views, a casual atmosphere and more at Juniper’s at the Wildflower Inn, home of the best burgers and one of the largest selections of Vermont-brewed beers in the Kingdom. Our dinner menu features soups and appetizers, delectable entrees, lighter side choices, and desserts so decadent, you won’t be able to resist. We even have gluten free pasta and accommodations can be made for other diet restrictionsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Juniper's at The Wildflower Inn - Best Restaurants in Lyndonville ›
Juniper's at The Wildflower Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (31)great for outdoor dining (21)special occasion (19)romantic (14)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (7)fit for foodies (7)notable wine list (5)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great food!ourfavDined on 10/17/2014Always a great meal here at Junipers, as well as wonderful wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will com again....RewemickDined on 10/12/2014Great fresh food. Its booring that I have to write more I want!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Great food and service. I have to be strictly gluten-free, and staff were very knowledgable about gluten-free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dining experience.dragonlady332Dined on 9/13/2014We had a gift certificate so we went for an anniversary dinner. Mussels for the app were very good. Rolls were also very good. maybe a sourdough type? GOOD! Shared a bottle of Riesling. He had the meatloaf, which is a dish he loves and this one did not disappoint. I has the seafood risotto, which was a bit disappointing. It was a bit soupy, fish pieces over cooked and had a pretty fishy taste/smell to it. It was ok. Dessert was the raspberry pie and apple pie. Apple was outstanding, raspberry was good. We'd go back, but I think I'd do some wine, or beer and a burger. maybe the meatloaf again. Prices weren't bad and the service was very good.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and viewMikeVIPDined on 9/5/2014We sat outside on the deck during sunset. The view of the mountains and the sun setting was breathtaking. We had maple martinis and I had the Shepard's pie. It might have been the best Shepard's pie I have had. The service was great and we would love to come back here again.Special Features:
- DisappointingvtfoodieDined on 8/30/2014We are long time customers but won't be going back anytime soon. Slow service, small portions for the price and overall not the experience we are used to having at Junipers.Special Features:
- Good food. GREAT serviceJoanDined on 8/30/2014A nice night out. Food was really good but our service was great. Attentive without being in our face. We will most certainly come back. Thanks!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014A fantastic spot. Make sure that you walk around the gardens and property. The hors d'oevres were great, as was the service. The side dishes with my main entrée were very nice (roasted veggies, salad, mashed potato), but I found some of main courses in our group to be too "gilded" - - to much added cheese, too many added layers of fatty stuff that no one needs. The underlayer is high quality - - doesn't need so much added on. Perhaps they think this is what customers want. I got the signature chicken dish and it wasn't special - - chicken with melted mozzarella on top - - really quite plain, and chicken was not interesting. Ask a lot of questions before you order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014We always have an excellent meal and a very enjoyable time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDineInnViewDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The view is exquisite, food I'd fabulous, and the service was excellent. We will be back tonight for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNEKCoupleDined on 8/2/2014Always dine here for special occassions always excellent food, service and ambience.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Amazing, amazing food! It is the best restaurant, by far, that we've dined at in the Northeast Kingdom. As always, can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Vermont restaurant in E BgoodfoodDined on 7/31/2014The food, service and ambiance were excellent. Be sure to reserve early, especially if you want outdoor seating during sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with a viewFrankophileVIPDined on 7/29/2014The food at Juniper's is very good -- largely locally sourced, well-prepared, and nicely presented, and, especially with the included sides of potatoes or rice, quite hearty. And the dining experience is enhanced by the exquisite view, with the sun setting to the west. But our dinner was marred by amateurish service. Our curried soup arrived well before either our beverages or a requested water refill. The poor meal pacing continued when our entrees on top of (nearly literally as well as figuratively) our salads, and, while we were still enjoying our entrees, our server asked if we were interested in seeing the dessert menu. We have had better service in previous visits, and hope this was an anomaly rather than the start of a trend.Special Features:
- ourfavDined on 7/29/2014Junipers continues to be our favorite restaurant in this area. They offer locally grown and raised meat and vegetables. Fine dining and a great waitstaff. Their Tuesday night special of burger and beer for $10.00, is our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger and beerenviromom53Dined on 7/29/2014The night and the food were a success. My friend enjoyed her burger and cider and my salad wa delicious.Special Features:
- Juniper's at The wildflower InnvtdinersDined on 7/19/2014The food was outstanding and were only matched by the views. The staff was friendly and did not rush in anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 136 reviews are from the Juniper's at The Wildflower Inn reviews archive.
- Extreemly Pleased with Our eveningbbmetricDined on 7/18/2014After a long hard week of work, with an anniversary special date, I could not find a better place to take My Lady out. We had a fine meal from the gluten free menu because of our diatery needs, wine and drinks were perfect, and good GF deserts are hard to find but the deserts at Junipers are excellent. We had a good table and were able to see a beautiful sunset as we dined. The servers and all of the employees were great. Love the place and look for excuses to go back. Sincerely, A R BSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- magsadDined on 7/16/2014The food was fantastic. Fresh, flavorful ingredients, cooked perfectly. We definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2014Absolutely delicious food, extremely reasonable prices, friendly staff, great service, beautiful views. We had a great time and will definitely be returning here.Special Features:
- Holly249Dined on 7/5/2014First time there for my wedding anniversary. Definitely will be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014Service a little slow, I guess fhey were busy.Other than that it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/4/2014The service was excellent, the people were very friendly, and the food was excellent. Surprisingly, the prices were very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2014We were very surprised at the Gluten Free options, as much as the regular menu. My wife is GF but I am not, so we typically have little choices and less likely to have the opportunity to share meals. We never order apps but the GF Crab Cakes sounded appealing and they did not disappoint and were very good. My wife loved her meal, the Golden Spinach Quinoa Cakes were amazing and I ordered the Willoughby Chicken was very, very good. OK so we never order apps and we were full with the generous portions but the dessert just had to be tried to see if we could complete this incredible dining experience. We were not disappointed, they were perfectly sweet with delicate flavors, we were delighted. We will make excuses to get back the Junipers!Special Features:
- Bucolic view!GilreignVIPDined on 6/19/2014Great restaurant in the rolling hills of the northeast kingdom! Great breakfasts with buffet as well as hot dishes to order. Their daily specials and blueberry pancakes especially good. Dinner on the patio is very relaxing. Drinks and food were excellent. Service attentive.Special Features:
- Excellent tableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014This was our 3rd visit to the restaurant, and as before it was really good.Special Features:
- burger and beer nightourfavDined on 5/13/2014The Tuesday night burger and beer for ten dollars is great! Generous size burger with lettuce, tomato, and onion, and a choice of beer. Nice...........Special Features:
- Terrific restaurant - great views.BillDined on 5/11/2014Juniper's is a treasure of The NE Kingdom. The food is gourmet, the views spectacular, the service excellent and friendly. A very special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even In The Off-seasonNHnativeDined on 3/28/2014The initial visit was fantastic which created that "gotta come back and try some of the other dishes" thought in the head. And so upon this last visit, we weren't let down. In fact it was even better. Junipers is a gluten-free persons ball of joy hands down. They have such a good offering of entrees, starters, drinks, etc. The organic nature makes it very appealing to those who are looking for healthy dinner or lunch. Not to mention the home-goodness that and exquisite culinary skills that chef Travis brings to the food. The whole experience was fantastic, very enjoyable indeed. The staff and setting are make it one of my personal favorites in VT alone. Highly recommended. See for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningTable4twoDined on 2/27/2014A great place to go to eat. Great food. Wonderful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful First DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Junipers was a very Vermonty, elegant yet casual, wonderful place to bring your wife, girlfriend or in my case first date to. It was guiet enough to carry on a private conversation and impressive enough to make a quality first impression. The menu was varied and the food enjoyable and perfectly priced. The service was attentive but not overdone. I would highly recommend Junipers for almost any ocassion.Special Features:
- Food was excellent, servicebronzegdDined on 2/15/2014Food was excellent, service a little slow, but there was only one waitress and one bartender, and a full house, a little overwhelmed. Bar could open earlier for afternoon cocktails.I would recommend this to a friend.
- as always . . .dnswDined on 2/4/2014the best place in the North East Kingdom of Vermont. great host, great service and great food . . .Special Features:
- Dinner with a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/29/2014The veggies were excellent and my friends salmon was excellent. The filet was not what I would have liked but meat these days, in general, just isn't what it was when I was younger. I think truly Prime meat is a thing of the past. (The chairs are very uncomfortable.)Special Features:
- Fantastic food, but the serviceJessDined on 1/24/2014Fantastic food, but the service wasn't great. Our drinks were empty for over 20 minutes. Luckily the meal was out of this world but we would have appreciated a more attentive waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014I had been going to the area for years but never tried Junipers. I went with a group of 10. I reviewed the menu before I went and decided on Shepard's Pie. The waitperson listed the specials and I than wanted either the duck or Prime Rib. I chose the duck. One at our table ordered Shepard's Pie and it was heaping. Another ordered the Rib and it was huge. After seeing (and the aroma) of the Rib, I knew I chose incorrectly. The duck was terrific however, but I wish I went for the Rib. Everyone in our party besides me are regulars at Junipers. Our dinner took over 2 hours so I would not go there if you are in a hurry but if you aren't, it's outstanding.Special Features:
- Dinner and service were excellent.enviromom53Dined on 1/9/2014Dinner and service were excellent. I appreciate the gluten-free menuSpecial Features:
- Dining feedbackOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The food was really great, however, we were on the enclosed porch and it was very cold. I dined with my coat on. When the furnace heat came on, all you could smell was exhaust. The small heater in the corner was did not heat beyond a foot or so. We were very cold. The food and the service was great. Guess I will re-think my plans for the end of 2014.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!ourfavDined on 12/20/2013The food at Junipers is always delicious! We have tried many of the menu choices, and all are great. The service is wonderful, they make you feel special, and like family. We highly recommend Junipers, you wont be sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The views and the ambienceVTDebDined on 12/12/2013The views and the ambience are only out done by the views! Super friendly and accomdating staff willing to go out of their way to make your evening dining memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.