324 E 3rd St
Tulsa, OK 74120Neighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://junipertulsa.com/
- Phone: 9187941090
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Justin Thompson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Offsite catering to local businesses in the downtown area. Private parties and offsite catering for up to 100 guests.
A word from Juniper-Tulsa
Juniper Restaurant strives to provide our guest with the best quality of local farmed food, in a warm casual atmosphere and with outstanding service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Juniper-Tulsa - Best Restaurants in Tulsa ›
Juniper-Tulsa reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (55)special occasion (55)romantic (42)neighborhood gem (29)notable wine list (25)hot spot (19)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (6)good for groups (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- They're Back!hautemaleVIPDined on 9/5/2014We have always enjoyed Juniper, but after a few suspect meals of late, we entered with lower expectations. It is obvious that Justin has pumped back the energy and dishes needed to put this restaurant back where it belongs... near if not "on top" for Tulsa! Flash fried anchovy's on the ceasar were back. I got the pork chop special and it was super moist. The pork belly steamed buns were out of this world and need to be on their own food truck! Great meal.Special Features:
- Juniper is fabulousSdubDined on 9/4/2014Juniper is our favorite restraunt in Tulsa. It is our first choice for out of town guests and special occasions. The brown butter trout is amazing and the accompanying brussel sprouts will change anyone's opinion of brussel sprouts. I highly recommend Juniper for a special occasion. The friendly personalized service makes you feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceServiceguruDined on 9/4/2014I haven't had consistently great service at too many restaurants so when it happens, I want to let everyone know where they can get it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingEbbFloonthgoDined on 9/3/2014We celebrated our daughters 18th birthday and everything was wonderful. We had the Mushroom Fritto and Seasonal Corn Fritters both were delicious. Our family each order something different and shared bites. Here is the rundown from what we all voted as our favorite; coffee rubbed tenderloin filet, pork, pork & pork, rosemary chicken, grilled king salmon and grilled pork chop. All the dishes were very good and presented beautifully. Desserts we choose were the Coconut Mousse and Lemon Bars, yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something Special!CultureCzarVIPDined on 9/3/2014I always enjoy Juniper for its inventive and delicious cuisine! The waitstaff is professional and knowledgable. Great wine list and cocktails!Special Features:
- Awesome as UsualOrionDined on 8/29/2014This was a dinner for my wife's birthday. My son is 11 and went with us and he is a blossoming foodie. We all loved the meal. Each of us getting something different and have a taste of each others for comparison. All were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRUOkieDined on 8/26/2014Great date restaurant. Quiet enough to hear your partner, but still feels vibrant. Fantastic food. And healthy. Service never rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable Fine DiningHannahGDined on 8/13/2014I think you could wear anything to this restaurant and fit in. While we were dressed up, there were people in shorts and business attire, and the servers wear jeans. This relaxed attire adds to the comfort. The place is not huge or loud, which made it more approachable. The decor is nice, though. The service is friendly without being cheesy or overbearing. The food is not overdone or overworked. It is delicious and really highlighted the natural flavors of the ingredients. This is not a tiny plates restaurant, so the portions are good for a meal, but the food was so good that my Mom and I often found ourselves sharing on the small plates. I can't imagine anyone having a bad experience here. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Preshow dinnerFrequentdinerDined on 8/8/2014Close to the theater and BOK arena, so good pretheater dinner not because it is worth travelling to but there is not really a lot of dining choices around the area. Not fine dining at all but prices get close to fine dining. Food and service are average but not worth the money.Special Features:
- Will be back for sure.Sonic2337Dined on 8/2/2014Jason, our server was very pleasant and very knowledgeable with the menu. We always value the opinion of the staff because hopefully they eat at the establishment as well. Looking forward to trying the scallops next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too badsilverspoonDined on 8/1/2014Started out as an upscale restaurant. Ate there a couple times early on & really enjoyed it. Back then i would've rated "fit for a foodie". Have read that didn't work for Tulsa which is always (everywhere) obvious to us as the extreme prevalence of denim. Admit the chef de cuisine apologized for my undercooked scallops & over cooked gnocchi. Our service was just fine and my disappointing glass of wine was happily replaced. We had reservations, obviously, & still had a wait. However, my partner (who never wants to patronize) had a perfectly cooked steak. There were little carrot bits on his plate that I picked off & they were delicious. Bad night? I just don't know. We don't eat out often so I was extremely disappointed.Special Features:
- Great food with a casual atmosphereZachDined on 8/1/2014If you like the quality of food that can only come from a restaurant in the "fine-dining" category while enjoying your meal in a pair of blue jeans, this is your place. I had an espresso-crusted beef filet with a vegetable medley and duck fat roasted potatoes. The meat was cooked as requested to medium-rare, the potatoes were crisp and flavorful, and the vegetable selections complemented the dish superbly. Definitely worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBigALDined on 8/1/2014We have eaten here several times and the service and food have been great. Our recent experience was disappointing. Our waiter took our drink order and it took a long time to get a drink. We ordered our food and waited for an hour. Our waiter came by 1/2 way through the wait and said it would be ready soon..it was 20 mins later and no food. We told him that we needed to leave soon, for another commitment. Finally, the food shows up and it is "okay". In all of this, we were disappointed in the lack of communication. It wasn't until we asked for our food that we were told the kitchen was backed up. The manager never came by to apologize or acknowledge their mistake.
- Constistenly outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014I've been to dinner several times and had the duck two ways which has always been great. The fried green tomato caprese salad can't be beat. It's very light and fresh and would work as a light dinner with a glass of nice wine. Went to Juniper for lunch lunch and had the rosemary chicken which was amazing. I don't use the word outstanding or amazing regularly. I would not hesitate to recommend Juniper for a girls night or date night. The wine selection is nice and the service is always great. Just realized it would also be a great place for a business lunch as it's not too loud so conversation is easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jim RodgersDocRocDined on 7/23/2014Great food. Great service. Amazing menu and specials.Special Features:
- nicendoggDined on 7/18/2014Food was very tasty and it was a nice overall experience. My wife loves the house cocktails as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious night on the townOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2014We are always amazed by the items on the menu. The coffee rubbed steak and Wagu steak were out of this world. And of course we couldn't eat at Juniper without having some carrot soup - one of our favorites! So nice to have dinner in a quiet place where we can visit with each other without talking loudly.Special Features:
- Terrific Farm to Table FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/10/2014We were in town for just one night and found this gem on Yelp... What a terrific place. From the moment you step inside you know you are someplace special. The ambiance is warm and inviting and the cocktails were delicious. I had a grilled watermelon salad that was fantastic paired with the trout on the menu. My husband had the coffee rubbed filet that was out of this world. The wine is reasonably priced. We wish we had such a great place in our hometown of Plano Texas. We will be back if ever in Tulsa again!!Special Features:
- Had a Great Evening!LAlbertDined on 7/10/2014This was my first time at Juniper. It was recommended by a colleague. He said it was great and I was not disappointed. The menu is unique and the food is wonderful. Service was outstanding! This was a business meeting and we could talk without shouting.Special Features:
- Great food but priceyAsIseeitDined on 7/9/2014I met a friend for dinner here. We had one cocktail each that were good but not spectacular. But the carrot soup was delicious - really just about perfect. We also loved the Thai style gnocchi and the scallops special for the evening. It was an enjoyable dinner and we would love to return, but next time will try it for lunch because of the price. I will return again for dinner, but only for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Juniper DinnerFoodERemyDined on 7/4/2014The food and service were superb. We dined there on a slow night, and the ambiance was comfortably cozy. The table settings were simple and the furnishings well appointed. This place allows the food and creative cocktails to take center stage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently DeliciousMaxinesGirlDinesOutDined on 7/3/2014Juniper is high on my Favorites list. Although recent seasonal menu updates changed the gnocchi (one of my usual choices), the BLTFGT (fried green tomato) sandwich was a tasty lunch alternative. Of course, the Sweet Carrot Soup, presented beautifully with a swirl of chili oil and creme fraiche, remains the perennial starter-of-choice. Service was gracious, friendly, and efficient - in other words, nearly perfect.Special Features:
- best date nite dinner ever.edhulseDined on 7/2/2014Waiter was very knowledgable about the menu, evwn though this was the first week of the summer menu so it had just changed. We had the cheese platter appetizer, and our entres' were the Tuna and Duck two ways. It was by far the the best meal we've had in the Tulsa area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic spot to celebrate.sortafoodieDined on 7/2/2014It was a little pricey for me to very frequently dine there, but the seasonal menu ensures the food is fresh, delicious, and well worth splurging a bit. I would definitely recommend it for a special occasion or just for when you're craving a finer dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duck 2-waysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The food was fantastic! I will be going back in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as always3bboysmomDined on 6/26/2014The food was delicious and service was prompt and courteous, had to wait a bit for the check or would have given 5 stars for service, my party had duck 2 ways, flank steak, and pork lasagna for entrees and all were wonderful. The flank steak was the best of the three entrees in our opinion. The white chocolate bread pudding and the homemade vanilla ice cream was exceptional.Special Features:
- Best food I've ever had!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Awesome food!!! Salads were great and the rosemary chicken was to die for. Hubby got the lamb chops and they were cooked to perfection. This is our new favorite place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly GoodTnttownVIPDined on 6/24/2014I always enjoy coming to Juniper. Their specials reflect the seasonal produce available and they have a variety of protein to accompany it. I thought the food was just a hair rushed this time, but in general sill a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBigMacDined on 6/20/2014Went to dinner to celebrate anniversary, food tasted OK, but not impressed for the high price. Our service was poor at best. We also witnessed at least 2 tables near us send food back. Not impressed!
- Best restaurant in TulsaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014I don't live in Tulsa, but I come often for work and this is my favorite place to eat. It's been wonderful every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Amazing Tulsa EveningKjoyDined on 6/7/2014I thought I was in a New York restaurant! Fabulous atmosphere, incredible food, amazing service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Cool VenueMickeyRDined on 6/7/2014Went on a Saturday night and eventhough very busy all courses served promptly. The food parings were unique and wonderful. Had many food choices that are unique to Juniper. Overall excellent food and great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic-UniqueCindyZDined on 6/5/2014This restaurant does not disappoint. They get their veggies from the farmer's market. They have a great drink menu. This is just a very cool place. We had great service. I highly recommend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed!TomFromTulsaDined on 6/5/2014We ordered nine starters, entrees, & desserts and sampled each other food. Overall the food was bland & had very little taste. The cauliflower steak was outstanding! The duck confit was just okay but the duck in cabbage was tasteless. The rack of lamb was good but the lamb pastry was devoid of flavor. Cinnamon ice cream was very good. Very disappointed! Overrated & over-hyped!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014Service was well-meaning, but inept. Forgot to offer specials, disorganized during order process, non-communicative in general. Food was good, not spectacular.
- Mom's night outIrishjenDined on 5/30/2014We enjoyed trying something new sans kids for a mom's night out. The drink offerings were fun (a little pricey) with in-house made liqueur infusions. The farm-to table aspect was what piqued our interest in the restaurant and although the food was good, I wish there were a few more choices. I had the pork-belly "lasagna" and my friends ordered the scallops and rosemary chicken. No one was disappointed. Our waitress was great and we enjoyed speaking to the manager when he came by to ask is about our meal. Everyone was the right amount of attentive. Expect your bill to be on the pricier side but well worth giving it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 414 reviews are from the Juniper-Tulsa reviews archive.
- Promised Stellar & Received SubparOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014I was told that Juniper is a stellar downtown Tulsa gem worth visiting. Our experience was subpar. Near our table smelled like an old garbage disposal (musty, moldy, and spoiled). The waiter was attentive, knew his menu well, and was on key with timing. Waiter wore jeans - $150 for dinner for 2. Several knats or fruit flies were buzzing around our head during apps and meal, very difficult to enjoy the dinner. We arrived at 5:30 to catch a musical. It was too bright for a restaurant of this kind. The food was very good, the service was very good, but the overall experience was poor. If I am choosing the dinner location, I will not recommend this place, nor will I go back. I entertain many clients and Juniper will not have our business.Special Features:
- Finally...Run2eatDined on 5/23/2014Another restaurant in Tulsa that offers outdoor dining that doesn't sit on a busy street. Plus, it's charming and romantic. I'm not really sure why we were the only ones eating out there. Weather was perfect and once they lowered the music, it was just right (although it was a weird playlist). The food was inventive and delicious. Definitely get the pork belly as a first plate. We had a couple martinis and some red wine. They were wonderful drinks, but much, much smaller than any alcoholic offering I have had anywhere I've ever eaten. $180 with tip made for an expensive evening. Very pricey but very good. It'll have to be a very special evening the next time I'm able to go to Juniper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere, food was OKbunnyVIPDined on 5/16/2014Nice place with very good service. Carrot soup was excellent, green salad was a little bitter and the entrees were so-so. The dessert (cobbler) was delicious. We will give Juniper another try to see if it was just an off night for the entrees.Special Features:
- One of my favorites.Luv2EatDined on 5/14/2014I love this place. The food and service are consistently good. Great ambience -- feel just at home in dressy, business, or dressy casual. (Not which noise level rating is good, but no problem with noise when I've been there.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.