324 E 3rd St
Tulsa, OK 74120Neighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://junipertulsa.com/
- Phone: (918) 794-1090
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Justin Thompson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Offsite catering to local businesses in the downtown area. Private parties and offsite catering for up to 100 guests.
A word from Juniper-Tulsa
Juniper Restaurant strives to provide our guest with the best quality of local farmed food, in a warm casual atmosphere and with outstanding service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Juniper-Tulsa - Best Restaurants in Tulsa ›
Juniper-Tulsa reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)special occasion (40)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (28)notable wine list (24)hot spot (15)great for lunch (11)good for groups (10)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- ExcellentCocoDined on 11/11/2014Wonderful experience. We made reservations and were seated immediately. There was such a choice of specialty vodka infused drinks and wine list, that it took us a while to choose. They have a "seasonal" special that was apple that night. We were told by our waitress that many of the beers are locally brewed and the vegetables and sides were from local growers or market. I ordered the halibut from the special menu and it was succulent my husband ordered the stroganoff that was made with pork jaw. My husband also ordered then arugula salad and I snuck a few bites and it was so delicious. I tasted my husband's stroganoff and it was fantastic, yet different than anything I had ever had. Attentive service. Quiet for visiting. Recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different, in a good wayAshleyVIPDined on 11/8/2014First time dining at Juniper. Wanted to try it since we liked the other restaurants that are owned by the same group. Juniper is different, but in a good way. The menu is rather short, but the dishes all appeared to be well planned and tastefully done. I had the pork cheek pasta. It had amazing flavor. The pasta is made on property and you could tell how fresh it was, nicely done. I would definitely recommend giving it a try. The waitstaff told me the menu changes on a regular basis so I wouldn't go too often since the menu is short and you could run out of options quickly if you frequented the property.Special Features:
- Great experienceCoachreevesDined on 11/8/2014We found juniper driving by and decided to make reservations for my girlfriends 30th birthday. Everything about our experience was amazing. First class staff and first class food. I would definately recommend everyone to go there and enjoy the same kind of atmosphere that we did. We definately will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistant and WonderfulJoePDined on 10/25/2014The best place in Tulsa to impress and make a memorable evening. The food in unique and local. The wine list is full but not overwhelming. The service is honest and complete. The price is not cheap but I've never thought I didn't get what I paid for! Overall the best food in Tulsa every time!Special Features:
- RobbyDined on 10/24/2014Great food. Great service. My wife is vegan and she love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't get enough.mtbdvmDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful place. Always exceeds expectations. Carrot soup to die for!Special Features:
- Good food, overall fair experiencenjtulsaDined on 10/16/2014Food was good. Ambience and service was fair. Overall disappointing - especially in light of expense. Too bad - so much promise when Juniper first opened.
- great food and atmosphereakeesDined on 10/8/2014My husband and I were in town for one night and wanted to eat somewhere that we hadn't been before. The complimentary bread and butter were amazing. We both had seafood, mine off of the weekly changing menu and his off of the standard menu. Both were so good! The drinks were fabulous too! The house infused vodkas were really good! Our server was super knowledgeable about the menu and made great recommendations. We will definitely return to Juniper on our next visit to Tulsa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-concert dinnerPunkies123Dined on 10/8/2014Had a fantastic dinner at Juniper prior to a concert at the BOK. Short walk or they can call you a cab. I am on a no carb diet and had the beet salad without the candied walnuts which was fabulous as a starter. I had the steak for my entree. It was a huge filet which was cooked perfectly and had amazing flavor. My dining partner had corn salad and salmon and was equally pleased. Great wine list and cocktail list. The concept of locally sourced is something I prefer and was not disappointed at Juniper! Also my partner left an item at the restaurant and they were awesome about following up on that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb results of a local harvest.BlessUsOhLordDined on 10/7/2014The menu changes to match the harvest of the week. We were lucky to be present during mushroom week. The mushroom soup was fantastic. The vegetables and varieties are amazing. Superb blend of flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome downtown TulsaCardioVIPDined on 10/3/2014Wow. We heard about this indirectly "this is X's favorite restaurant". No other comments, I have never talked to anyone that has actually been there. We were staying downtown, an decide to try it.. Very creative menu, awesome flavors, great service. We definitely will be going back!Special Features:
- Delicious food and nice drinksRichardMDined on 9/26/2014My wife an I came here for our 8th anniversary and were very pleased. The roasted cauliflower gratinee is delicious, as was the braised short rib and stroganoff. The bison chili was decent, though not really much better than what I make at home (then again, I'm not sure how you elevate chili). The house cocktails we tried were very good, particularly the bloody Mary martini and the Manhattan. Highly recommened!Special Features:
- They're Back!hautemaleVIPDined on 9/5/2014We have always enjoyed Juniper, but after a few suspect meals of late, we entered with lower expectations. It is obvious that Justin has pumped back the energy and dishes needed to put this restaurant back where it belongs... near if not "on top" for Tulsa! Flash fried anchovy's on the ceasar were back. I got the pork chop special and it was super moist. The pork belly steamed buns were out of this world and need to be on their own food truck! Great meal.Special Features:
- Juniper is fabulousSdubDined on 9/4/2014Juniper is our favorite restraunt in Tulsa. It is our first choice for out of town guests and special occasions. The brown butter trout is amazing and the accompanying brussel sprouts will change anyone's opinion of brussel sprouts. I highly recommend Juniper for a special occasion. The friendly personalized service makes you feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceServiceguruDined on 9/4/2014I haven't had consistently great service at too many restaurants so when it happens, I want to let everyone know where they can get it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingEbbFloonthgoDined on 9/3/2014We celebrated our daughters 18th birthday and everything was wonderful. We had the Mushroom Fritto and Seasonal Corn Fritters both were delicious. Our family each order something different and shared bites. Here is the rundown from what we all voted as our favorite; coffee rubbed tenderloin filet, pork, pork & pork, rosemary chicken, grilled king salmon and grilled pork chop. All the dishes were very good and presented beautifully. Desserts we choose were the Coconut Mousse and Lemon Bars, yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something Special!CultureCzarVIPDined on 9/3/2014I always enjoy Juniper for its inventive and delicious cuisine! The waitstaff is professional and knowledgable. Great wine list and cocktails!Special Features:
- Awesome as UsualOrionDined on 8/29/2014This was a dinner for my wife's birthday. My son is 11 and went with us and he is a blossoming foodie. We all loved the meal. Each of us getting something different and have a taste of each others for comparison. All were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRUOkieDined on 8/26/2014Great date restaurant. Quiet enough to hear your partner, but still feels vibrant. Fantastic food. And healthy. Service never rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable Fine DiningHannahGDined on 8/13/2014I think you could wear anything to this restaurant and fit in. While we were dressed up, there were people in shorts and business attire, and the servers wear jeans. This relaxed attire adds to the comfort. The place is not huge or loud, which made it more approachable. The decor is nice, though. The service is friendly without being cheesy or overbearing. The food is not overdone or overworked. It is delicious and really highlighted the natural flavors of the ingredients. This is not a tiny plates restaurant, so the portions are good for a meal, but the food was so good that my Mom and I often found ourselves sharing on the small plates. I can't imagine anyone having a bad experience here. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Preshow dinnerFrequentdinerDined on 8/8/2014Close to the theater and BOK arena, so good pretheater dinner not because it is worth travelling to but there is not really a lot of dining choices around the area. Not fine dining at all but prices get close to fine dining. Food and service are average but not worth the money.Special Features:
- Will be back for sure.Sonic2337Dined on 8/2/2014Jason, our server was very pleasant and very knowledgeable with the menu. We always value the opinion of the staff because hopefully they eat at the establishment as well. Looking forward to trying the scallops next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too badsilverspoonDined on 8/1/2014Started out as an upscale restaurant. Ate there a couple times early on & really enjoyed it. Back then i would've rated "fit for a foodie". Have read that didn't work for Tulsa which is always (everywhere) obvious to us as the extreme prevalence of denim. Admit the chef de cuisine apologized for my undercooked scallops & over cooked gnocchi. Our service was just fine and my disappointing glass of wine was happily replaced. We had reservations, obviously, & still had a wait. However, my partner (who never wants to patronize) had a perfectly cooked steak. There were little carrot bits on his plate that I picked off & they were delicious. Bad night? I just don't know. We don't eat out often so I was extremely disappointed.Special Features:
- Great food with a casual atmosphereZachDined on 8/1/2014If you like the quality of food that can only come from a restaurant in the "fine-dining" category while enjoying your meal in a pair of blue jeans, this is your place. I had an espresso-crusted beef filet with a vegetable medley and duck fat roasted potatoes. The meat was cooked as requested to medium-rare, the potatoes were crisp and flavorful, and the vegetable selections complemented the dish superbly. Definitely worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBigALDined on 8/1/2014We have eaten here several times and the service and food have been great. Our recent experience was disappointing. Our waiter took our drink order and it took a long time to get a drink. We ordered our food and waited for an hour. Our waiter came by 1/2 way through the wait and said it would be ready soon..it was 20 mins later and no food. We told him that we needed to leave soon, for another commitment. Finally, the food shows up and it is "okay". In all of this, we were disappointed in the lack of communication. It wasn't until we asked for our food that we were told the kitchen was backed up. The manager never came by to apologize or acknowledge their mistake.
- The following 437 reviews are from the Juniper-Tulsa reviews archive.
- Constistenly outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014I've been to dinner several times and had the duck two ways which has always been great. The fried green tomato caprese salad can't be beat. It's very light and fresh and would work as a light dinner with a glass of nice wine. Went to Juniper for lunch lunch and had the rosemary chicken which was amazing. I don't use the word outstanding or amazing regularly. I would not hesitate to recommend Juniper for a girls night or date night. The wine selection is nice and the service is always great. Just realized it would also be a great place for a business lunch as it's not too loud so conversation is easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jim RodgersDocRocDined on 7/23/2014Great food. Great service. Amazing menu and specials.Special Features:
- nicendoggDined on 7/18/2014Food was very tasty and it was a nice overall experience. My wife loves the house cocktails as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious night on the townOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2014We are always amazed by the items on the menu. The coffee rubbed steak and Wagu steak were out of this world. And of course we couldn't eat at Juniper without having some carrot soup - one of our favorites! So nice to have dinner in a quiet place where we can visit with each other without talking loudly.Special Features:
- Terrific Farm to Table FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/10/2014We were in town for just one night and found this gem on Yelp... What a terrific place. From the moment you step inside you know you are someplace special. The ambiance is warm and inviting and the cocktails were delicious. I had a grilled watermelon salad that was fantastic paired with the trout on the menu. My husband had the coffee rubbed filet that was out of this world. The wine is reasonably priced. We wish we had such a great place in our hometown of Plano Texas. We will be back if ever in Tulsa again!!Special Features:
- Had a Great Evening!LAlbertDined on 7/10/2014This was my first time at Juniper. It was recommended by a colleague. He said it was great and I was not disappointed. The menu is unique and the food is wonderful. Service was outstanding! This was a business meeting and we could talk without shouting.Special Features:
- Great food but priceyAsIseeitDined on 7/9/2014I met a friend for dinner here. We had one cocktail each that were good but not spectacular. But the carrot soup was delicious - really just about perfect. We also loved the Thai style gnocchi and the scallops special for the evening. It was an enjoyable dinner and we would love to return, but next time will try it for lunch because of the price. I will return again for dinner, but only for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Juniper DinnerFoodERemyDined on 7/4/2014The food and service were superb. We dined there on a slow night, and the ambiance was comfortably cozy. The table settings were simple and the furnishings well appointed. This place allows the food and creative cocktails to take center stage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently DeliciousMaxinesGirlDinesOutDined on 7/3/2014Juniper is high on my Favorites list. Although recent seasonal menu updates changed the gnocchi (one of my usual choices), the BLTFGT (fried green tomato) sandwich was a tasty lunch alternative. Of course, the Sweet Carrot Soup, presented beautifully with a swirl of chili oil and creme fraiche, remains the perennial starter-of-choice. Service was gracious, friendly, and efficient - in other words, nearly perfect.Special Features:
- best date nite dinner ever.edhulseDined on 7/2/2014Waiter was very knowledgable about the menu, evwn though this was the first week of the summer menu so it had just changed. We had the cheese platter appetizer, and our entres' were the Tuna and Duck two ways. It was by far the the best meal we've had in the Tulsa area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic spot to celebrate.sortafoodieDined on 7/2/2014It was a little pricey for me to very frequently dine there, but the seasonal menu ensures the food is fresh, delicious, and well worth splurging a bit. I would definitely recommend it for a special occasion or just for when you're craving a finer dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duck 2-waysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The food was fantastic! I will be going back in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as always3bboysmomDined on 6/26/2014The food was delicious and service was prompt and courteous, had to wait a bit for the check or would have given 5 stars for service, my party had duck 2 ways, flank steak, and pork lasagna for entrees and all were wonderful. The flank steak was the best of the three entrees in our opinion. The white chocolate bread pudding and the homemade vanilla ice cream was exceptional.Special Features:
- Best food I've ever had!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Awesome food!!! Salads were great and the rosemary chicken was to die for. Hubby got the lamb chops and they were cooked to perfection. This is our new favorite place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly GoodTnttownVIPDined on 6/24/2014I always enjoy coming to Juniper. Their specials reflect the seasonal produce available and they have a variety of protein to accompany it. I thought the food was just a hair rushed this time, but in general sill a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.