97 Main St E101
Edwards, CO 81632Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://juniperrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 970-926-7001x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Ofsanko
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Juniper Restaurant
Experience Juniper's New World Seasonal Cuisine on the Eagle River, just minutes from Beaver Creek and VailContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Juniper Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Edwards ›
Juniper Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (43)neighborhood gem (39)special occasion (32)scenic view (27)romantic (22)great for outdoor dining (20)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (16)notable wine list (15)good for groups (10)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Nice surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/9/2014Food and service were both great. Tables will be tight if 100% occupied and noise level makes conversations difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner a must in the Vail ValleyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/2/2014Juniper, in our opinion is the best restaurant in the Vail Valley! Always a warm welcome the minute we walk in the door and dinner is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky findnvelopDined on 8/29/2014We were fortunate to get a reservation on a big holiday weekend. Even though the restaurant was packed, the service was friendly and perfectly timed. Food was very good, with a broad menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Food and service were excellent. Very creative recipes by the chef. Has become one our area favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Professional StaffEddieDined on 8/21/2014The evening's dining experience was enhanced by Juniper's knowledgeable and highly professional staff. Our very good wait-person Rita helped us with both wine and food selections. Overall this was a delightful evening with friends, good wine and food.Special Features:
- A Jewel, Juniper RestaurantLive4DiningDined on 8/7/2014The food is always good and very consistent. It's always nice to know what to expect when coming to Juniper. The food is delicious; the restaurant is beautiful and the service is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite Vail Valley restaurantHenryDined on 8/2/2014Juniper never disappoints: great food, nice people, good cocktails, and a very good wine selection. A lot of other people obvious agree with us, so it is often full: book ahead!Special Features:
- Neglectful waiter45kgDined on 8/2/2014Service was less than adequate! We were left waiting by our waiter several times.Special Features:
- Unhappy customerauroraVIPDined on 7/29/2014This was my second time at this restaurant. I had a quite good experience the first time so i was eager to go back. However, this time my party got seated 25 min after our reservation time. Although the hostess ascribed the delay to patrons taking more than 2 h to finish their meals, which was out of the staff control, once we got seated we realized that the restaurant was understaffed and service slow, which probably explained why patrons were staying longer. I have to give kudos to the manager or owner who was clearly trying to make up for the lack of staff and was quite efficient in bringing out the food to the tables. The food was not great either. i am not planning to go back.
- Consistently GoodDdavisVIPDined on 7/29/2014Our second dinner within the ast month lived up the first. The food has been really outstanding. Perhaps a little louder than I would like, but it''s worth going for the food.Special Features:
- Great food - unfriendly wait staffLadydalVIPDined on 7/15/2014If the food were not so wonderful, I would hesitate to recommend this restaurant as I so not believe the waitress said more than 2 words to us. She was downright rudeI would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Friday Night DinnermorandcVIPDined on 7/11/2014Had ANOTHER excellent experience at Juniper on Friday night. Staff was very accomodating to our reservation time change; they honored our request for an outside table with a great view of the Eagle River. Menu had a variety of excellent choices. Alaskan Halibut & Lamb Loin were our choices with no regrest. Wine list was exstensive but balanced in price & varietals. Service was exceptional! Our waitress was always there even while she served two very large groups in addition to us. Management was very attentive. When in the Vail Valley, I would but this on my "must do" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!JulieDined on 7/9/2014We went for my boyfriend's birthday and everything was perfect. We had the calamari which has a curry tinged sauce and golden raisins and shared a salad with crispy bacon blue cheese. Both were delightful. For entrees, we stuck with his "go-to"--Steak..The filet mignon dish was different than last time we dined at Juniper though; now it also included a portion of short rib. The steak didn't seem much smaller though, so he enjoyed the variety. I had the veal scallopine which has also been on the menu for a long time and never disappoints. We had a wonderful table outside overlooking the river and the weather was perfectly warm as well. The crowd was mellow and quiet.Special Features:
- JBinVailVIPDined on 7/6/2014I was seated at one of their tall tables near the bar. I don't like those types of tables. the best seating is on the patio section with the river view. The rest of the restaurant is dark and unimaginative. The food is excellent!Special Features:
- Better than everAviRVIPDined on 7/5/2014Juniper has always been one of my favourites. I would rate it a 4 star but now with a new chef and additions to the menu, I have rated it a 5 star restaurant. The food is now top of the line and the wine list has some of the best wines in the vail valley. I don't think there is anything on the menu that I would not try. To top it off, Doug, the owner and maître d is the best and will make every one feel very muck at home. I was with my wife and friends who are long timers in the valley and we all agree that Junipers is now in our top 3 favourite restaurant in the valley.Special Features:
- 11 years in biz..doing it right!vail8150Dined on 7/3/2014We are never disappointed in the great Edwards restaurant! Food is simply the best in the down valley locations. Would recommend to all...it is pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special for the ValleyOutofTownerDined on 6/28/2014Juniper never fails to deliver and is always worth the short drive from Vail. Everything delivered to the table is always spot on. The variety found on the menu is more than sufficent for even the most limited palate. The wine list is reasonable and fair with a decent sweet spot for those who appreciate wine.Special Features:
- Wonderful!Sb12Dined on 6/19/2014Beautiful restaurant with gorgeous view. Food was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014the tuna was divine, but the rest on the plate was unappetizingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey wine listWineguyVIPDined on 6/10/2014Food great but wine is very expensive and overpriced. Cheapest bottle of red is Casa Lapostolle Alpalta 2011 @ $60. Can buy it over the internet for $15. 4 x the price is way too much and it's tannic, acidic and needs 5 or so years. Not the kind of wine that a restaurant should be offering as it will likely be drunk within 6 mos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambiencekathiesDined on 6/9/2014I love going to Juniper because it is always so consistent. The food is delicious and I really like the ambience. Also, the waiters and waitresses are always upbeat and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findHmtblondieDined on 5/26/2014We eat out a considerable amout so we have had the opportunity to have some amazing dining experiences. Juniper was very nice good flavor and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 437 reviews are from the Juniper Restaurant reviews archive.
- YOU WILL NEVER GO WRONGworldlyfoodaddictVIPDined on 5/23/2014I have yet to be unhappy at this restaurant. Staff is friendly, food excellent & prices very reasonable. Owner really cares about his customers!!!!Special Features:
- Best in EdwardsVivanolaVIPDined on 4/10/2014Second visit and it was spot on. Justin was a great waiter we enjoyed the appetizers and the entrees. Only miss was the desserts. We love this Resturant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Juniper is always wonderful.pammerjammer5Dined on 4/3/2014Juniper is always wonderful. The food is always outstanding. It is the best restaurant in Eagle County and is better than any of the fine dining I just went to in LA. We can always count on everything to be great there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent evening!EddieDined on 4/1/2014Juniper provided us with our requested corner table and the evening dinner with four friends was delightful and really delicious. I ordered one of the evening’s specials – a “Wild Boar Shank”, which was presented/served very artistically and was as great a meal as I ever had.Special Features:
- Good food, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2014The wine list was GREAT! I ordered my filet medium. It came to me medium rare (at best). I returned it and it came back cooked properly and was amazing. The potatoes on the side were lukewarm and not fork tender and the spinach was very stringy. The desserts were wonderful. And my child ate every bite of his fish and chips (amazing since he never eats). Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They have a very high-enddcrankDined on 3/30/2014They have a very high-end and expensive wine list. Food is very good but expensive - for the price I expect perfection. Difficult to eat there for less than $100/person with tax and tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best places inmorandcVIPDined on 3/25/2014One of the best places in the Vail Valley. Excellent food & service. One of our favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FoodTabascoCat14VIPDined on 3/21/2014This is one of the best restuarants in the Vail Valley -you can't go wrongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JuniperRonnieDined on 3/15/2014We had not gone here for about a year. We just got busy and did not go. We went and were reminded why this is such a wonderful restaurant. We will go again soon. It was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our best meal this ski season!MTfoodieDined on 3/14/2014We live in the Vail Valley and eat in many nice restaurants. Without a doubt this was the best dinner this season -- menu is inspired, varied, delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining at JuniperlcashleyDined on 3/10/2014We've have dined at Juniper several times now and have always had a good experience. The foie gras, veal scaloppine, and filet were exceptional. The crab cake was good, not exceptional. Good wine and specialty martini list. My only complaint would be that our server while very nice was a little slow. We would dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first time and we will be back.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014We are locals and have heard about this restaurant for years and finally made it there with a friend from out of town. Two of us had the specialty of the house (veal) and the other had the daily special (wild boar shank). We were all very pleased with our entrees and sides (soups and salad). The candy/cake dessert was also excellent. This is not an inexpensive night out, but worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best in Edwardsprosie11Dined on 2/28/2014This is just the best place in Edwards. There is a reason that it has been in business so long. The food and service are consistently excellent. The continuity in the staff has something to do with this, no doubt. You can't go wrong heading here...and they do a very nice takeout as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice changeLiseylalaDined on 2/28/2014The food at Juniper is always great but sometimes the service is dismissive and superior. Especially the owner/maitre d' . Tonight was a nice change of pace and our tabel server was amazingly perfect.Special Features:
- Night outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/19/2014Food was good, server had limited knowledge and vocabulary on menu and wine list. For the price, service was sub parSpecial Features:
- Special mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2014The veal is always a special dinner at Juniper. I have had it many times, and it is still the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New chef doesn't disappointMeanMrMonkeyDined on 2/17/2014This was our second visit to Juniper. Our last experience was great, as well. We were told that they have a new executive chef (the former sous chef) so we wanted to try it again. Everything that we ate from appetizers to entree to dessert was outstanding. The service was also the right level of attention. She was always there when we needed her, but was never over bearing. Her recommendations were spot on and appreciated. We eat out in the area often and this meal catapulted Juniper into our top 3 local favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good VibeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/15/2014Booked a birthday dinner for 6. I would say everything was great with the exception of a couple of meals. Two of us had the Manhattan steak which was a bit over cooked and really tough - felt like we were sawing through it the entire meal, I didn't finish mine, too much work. Butternut squash soup was excellent as were the pork chops. Wine list was nice - service was great. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.