2401 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20037Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.juniperdc.com/
- Phone: 2024575020
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Sunday: 6:30am - 11:30am; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:15pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ian Bens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Several large party seating and menu options available. We can take parties of up to 40 guests. Please call for details!
- Private Party Contact: Keith Siebenaler 2024575020
- Cross Street: 24th and M
- Public Transit: Foggy Bottom Metro Stop, orange and blue lines
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Up to 3 hours - $10
This offer only applies to Juniper dinner guests, after 6 p.mm on any day of the week and is valid for a maximum of 3 hours of parking.
Guests must get their Juniper dinner check stamped at the Juniper host desk and then present this stamped Juniper check to the LAZ parking attendant or cashier.
A word from Juniper Restaurant
Juniper Restaurant offers modern American regional Food. Utilizing fresh, locally grown, sustainable ingredients in traditional favorites, Juniper's classic American menu showcases delicious, old time recipes with modern artistic presentations. The warm, relaxed setting invites you to linger at a table indoors, or to dine al fresco in the beautiful courtyard garden. Join us for a cocktail in our elegant lobby lounge bar, and enjoy live piano music whilst sampling creative libations and boutique wines by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Juniper Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (28)fit for foodies (24)great for brunch (20)neighborhood gem (17)romantic (16)great for lunch (11)great for outdoor dining (10)notable wine list (8)good for groups (8)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Courtyard closed for renovationYummyDined on 9/17/2014This was my second visit to Juniper. The first earlier in the year was for breakfast, but this time I had dinner. The restaurant has a beautiful courtyard, but it was under renovation for this visit. Too bad, as the weather was fantastic. Fabulous roasted vegetable soup- I could eat that every day. Salmon with cherry bourbon glaze was perfect. Sweet potato chips were excellent. Wine by the glass list is a little limited, so difficult for single diners. Full wine list is extensive though. Service was attentive and pleasant, which is always important to those dining alone. I'll be back on my next trip to DC.Special Features:
- fresh baked bread & honey butter!O2beinobxDined on 9/14/2014With construction ongoing in front of and in the beautiful courtyard, our view wasn't much to speak of, but the superior service and delicious food was well worth the trip! Juniper was a great spot for a pre concert meal before The Kennedy Center. The fresh baked honey walnut bread & freshly harvested honey in the honey butter were spectacular! Our server was very gracious and accommodating & especially adept at helping with a wine selection! I had the cherry bourbon glazed grilled salmon, asparagus & sweet potato chips. All were prepared beautifully & the freshness of the ingredients shone through. I would have preferred a better grill on my salmon though to achieve some caramelization, but the salmon was beautifully moist & flavorful.Special Features:
- Quiet and TastyHogTroughDined on 9/13/2014Based on other reviews, I expected a lovely outdoor scene that was on the more affordable side. As far as restaurants go near the Georgetown area, this probably was on the affordable side. However, the outdoor scene was unavailable due to a wedding reception. I asked the hostess if the outdoor area is usually available to which she responded it is, other than for the next five months due to construction. The indoor demographic is dominated by the elders. The outside looked lovely, and I wish my date and I could have dined out there. Mention should be made of this inability for the next few months, as I would not go back for the indoor scene. You will feel underdressed around the elders. Salmon was fantastic. Great savignon blanc.Special Features:
- omnivoraciousVIPDined on 9/7/2014Mae West had it right when she said "too much of a good thing is a good thing." Sunday brunch at Juniper was terrific. The selection, presentation and service were just right and while a steady diet of Sundays at Juniper could drive a person straight to Weight Watchers, this was worth ALL the calories.Special Features:
- boringRegulardinerVIPDined on 9/4/2014Fresh ingredients, and nice selection, but nothing exciting; also I was sat next to a very large table of reunioning family members, and so did not have a quiet night; this took away from the experience
- Loved it!WestEnderDined on 9/3/2014Juniper is always fantastic. The honey bread is amazing, and extra-special since they have their own bees on the roof of the Fairmont. The food features local and organic sources, the ambiance is lovely, the outdoor garden dining is unique, and the service is by far the best I've found anywhere in town -- no one else is as friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- PerfectlyExecutedFood+ExcellentSvcgraceVIPDined on 9/1/2014simple menu, but everything is excecuted very well. I would rather dine here any night than the over-hyped location next door. The menu at the Juniper might be overly simple, but each dish (every single item going onto every single dish is well thought out).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service is off the chartsMelanieFInDCVIPDined on 8/31/2014they have bees nests on the roof and get their honey from there. the service is the best!
- Quiet dining in DC is hard to findSusanVIPDined on 8/25/2014Juniper will give you plenty of quiet dining in an attractive ambiance. The service is certainly attentive. When I read the menu online, I was certain that I had hit the jackpot (sustainable, menus for vegan, vegetarian, macrobiotic, DASH, it all sounded glorious). However, the food that I ordered turned out to be a real disappointment. The roasted asparagus was dry, tough, a little charred and the rockfish was so dry and heavy, on a bed of couscous more reminiscent of lentils, that I was only able to eat half. Given the prices on the menu and the overall quality which the Fairmont hotel implies, a new chef seems to be in order.
- Good menu selectionfoodmonsterDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I went to Juniper for breakfast and dinner. It was very convenient as we were staying at the fairmont. Our dinner was great. There was lots of healthy meals that cater for both gluten free and diabetes. Our breakfast was OK compared with the amazing breakfast at blue duck tavern across the street. The eggs at juniper were a bit too greasy and food was slow that morning due to a wedding party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly deliciousEatwithmeDined on 8/23/2014We found this restaurant by happenstance. It was in a hotel so our expectations were low but it was delicious. Organic, homemade, great service. I would highly recommend it. I had the amish prepared chicken and a green salad. Tired the shortcake trio for desert. all yummy. My son had the veal and it was tender. Wine is expensive but they let me taste it before I bought a glass.Special Features:
- Treat Your NephewoccasionalsplurgeDined on 8/17/2014My nephew was in town for a job interview so I took him to Juniper for dinner. We enjoyed the scallops and bread for appetizers and both got ribeyes for dinner. They were a little dry for medium rare but still delicious. Service was great and dining on a Sunday night was brilliant because there were hardly any other people there.Special Features:
- Exceeded ExpectationsDarnellDined on 8/17/2014Food was great, my wife lived the items not commonly found on brunch buffets and the deserts were exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicest service, good foodyearofthemooseDined on 8/10/2014First time at the restaurant. Booked a table here on a Sunday night for our first wedding anniversary, and left a little note in the reservation asking for a quiet table if they had one available since it was our anniversary. Boy did they go above and beyond. Quiet table by a window, complimentary Champagne, an extra dessert decorated with a note saying "Happy Anniversary," and just the nicest servers. They treated us like we were VIPs, even tho we're twenty-somethings with no clue what wine pairs with anything. Speaking of food, everything we ordered was delicious, especially the Wheat-Walnut-Honey bread. A good place to remember for when you want to feel fancy without fear of a snobby waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A relaxing evening...BBJJVIPDined on 8/10/2014The food, service, ambience and most of all the very pleasant music was outstanding for a most relaxing evening out. The only suggestion would be to serve bread along with the water and not have to 'pay' for it. Otherwise a "gem" in the neighborhood for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Juniper Restaurant at the FairmontOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I selected this restaurant to celebrate my husband's birthday because it has a lovely garden dining area and a menu that incorporates in season produce. When we looked at the menu, we also noted that there was a section that listed meal choices based on dietary restrictions/preferences. We ordered the Rock Fish off the the Heart Healthy section of the menu, and the honey bread off of the regular menu. Everything was delicious. Our servers were wonderful and friendly. The only downside was that the garden dining area was closed due to construction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only lacking in minor detailsLoveof3OrangesDined on 7/25/2014Overall, the experience my wife and I had dining here on our anniversary was very good, but for $99.00 two elements could have been better. 1) I had the vegetable crab soup to start, and I unfortunately found at least 7 (a conservative estimate) pieces of crab shell before I was finished. I grew up on the eastern shore of Maryland and have been eating crabs all my life; there is no reason why shell fragments should be in a crab dish. Now, they might say they buy their meat already picked from the crabs, but that does not mean that they should not check the meat for shells (in fact, it is all the more reason to check). 2) The salmon with cherry glaze lacked flavor. I would say more, but lack the space here. Very good, not outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/17/2014Wow....we had great food and service. The menu is fantastic.Special Features:
- Business meeting breakfast spotOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/1/2014Elegant without being stuffy, gracious but not intrusive service. Delicious food.Special Features:
- sseatsVIPDined on 6/29/2014A fine brunch. I'm especially fond of the pecan rolls. There is good variety, with great fresh fruit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RestaurantKDC2013VIPDined on 6/28/2014I always enjoy going to Juniper. The food is fresh and the service is outstanding. The chairs are very comfortable and there is a lovely courtyard if you enjoy sitting outside. Order the honey bread - it is delicious!Special Features:
- hannahVIPDined on 6/27/2014Hostess ignored our request that she verify that we had a reservation.
- ImpressiveDarnellDined on 6/26/2014The waiter was the consumate proffessional and epitome of quality service and the menu is extensive and the food of the highest quality taste and presentation. My date enjoyed the desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair fare at the FairmontboboVIPDined on 6/21/2014To be fair, the food is good but the place lacks ambience and character...like the Fairmont hotel itself. Service adequate for a hotel of this standard. At least try to get a table facing the beautiful courtyard. Our table faced scaffolding due to building's exterior renovations. Ho hum upscale hotel dining room with better than average fare and mediocre service. Overall a fair dining experience with no big surprises here..Special Features:
- Great Father's Day Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2014I love this place it's bright, elegant and relaxing. The food and service are good and the Hostess "Maria" is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner1234VGroupDined on 6/10/2014Excellent meal and presentation . My only complaint is that my transaction was processed for $30 more than the amount authorized. The error was corrected after I called. The food,more sensation and service were excellent. Large entree portions so i recommend appetizer portions to save room for desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet atmosphere; food hit-or-missmurlanderDined on 6/10/2014We were drawn by the attractive-looking outdoor seating, but scattered showers in the forecast meant we weren't given the option of dining outside. The interior is quiet and comfortable but somewhat lacking in personality. We started off with their signature bread--possibly the best part of the meal. Both appetizers (scallops, smoked duck breast) were also enjoyable. Husband had the paleo cobb salad, which was huge and which he enjoyed, but my ribeye was seriously overcharred (worst ribeye I think I've ever had) and the roasted beets/goat cheese side was good but not particularly exciting. Possibly a good choice if you have a lot of diners with special dietary needs, but the food was overall "OK" but not that innovative or memorable.Special Features:
- Outdoor Oasis in the CityOutdoorgirlDined on 6/4/2014Juniper's ambiance both indoor and out is gracious and calming, with courteous, attentive service by well-trained wait staff. The menu focuses on locally-grown fresh organic fare, expertly prepared and attractively served. The courtyard is my favorite space to eat in Washington--it's beautiful gardens and fountain offer a quiet respite from the hubbub of the city. Very refreshing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful, romantic and deliciousBowtieVIPDined on 5/30/2014What a beautiful setting in a luxurious hotel. A great find that flies under the radar. From the fresh local sourced food, to the ultra-romantic outdoor setting. This was a perfect selection for a special occasion.Special Features:
- The following 348 reviews are from the Juniper Restaurant reviews archive.
- Eating at Juniper is a breezeCollierCulinaryCritiqueaVIPDined on 5/17/2014What a lovely experience! I made the reservation for lunch when I saw the brunch menu. Even though we went on a weekday, the menu was still delightful. The wait staff are attentive & knowledgeable. The food was pleasant to the eye and palette. I had the most scrumptious crab cake. When the waiter found out it was my birthday he had the chef add a little something to my dessert. I love their attention to detail and will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upper Echelon DiningTechExecVIPDined on 5/12/2014Fine dining meets sustainable and healthy. The service is impeccable too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre ExperienceJeanneDined on 5/11/2014The service was poor and the food was mediocre at best. We will not be returning to Juniper for brunch again.
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/11/2014My friend and I tried a little bit of everything on the breakfast menu. The standout items were the open faced omelet and the applewood smoked salmon eggs benedict. Both items were made from fresh ingredients and were a perfect representation of balanced flavors and gorgeous presentation. Cannot wait to return for the full brunch experience. Food made up for lacking service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grown up foodellenefrosVIPDined on 5/9/2014This has got to be one of the mosr overlooked restaurants/chiefs in DC. This kitchen consistently produces very good, very fresh, very innovative food. No, it is not "cool" and it is a hotel restaurant, although a very attractive one, but if you are more interested in terrific food cooked consistently well than a "scene," go here. The courtyard is a hidden gem.Special Features:
- Sunday night with friendsAnnBDined on 5/4/2014We wanted a good restaurant in west end that had abo e average food but quiet enough for old friends to catch up. juniper met both of these expectations. The food really was outstanding with good sized portion. The Berbere spiced lamb on the DIY menu was wonderful. A very clever menu, identifying dishes in numerous health categories (e.g. Vegan, diabetic); these health offerings were so tempting we selected from those menus as well as the regular one. Only compliant was the inattentive service; it took forever to put in a wine order and to get the wine, then the white we got was the wrong one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- breakfastMorrVIPDined on 5/4/2014I thought that I was going to the Juniper for Brunch, but it was still breakfast time. Buffet was varied and plentiful. No surprises. Server was very attentive. I think that the other meals show off their culinary skills moreso than breakfast.Special Features:
- What Is It Supposed To Be?OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/26/2014Ambience was too delicately decorated for a business meal but too open for romance. Seemed to have a personality issue. Food was fine but nothing really stood out. Server was disinterested. There were only five tables occupied when we arrived.
- Wonderful ExperienceWilsonDined on 4/12/2014I visited Juniper with a my family and a visiting dignitary. The food was wonderful and and ambiance remarkable. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect restaurant!DaisyVIPDined on 4/6/2014This restaurant is absolutely beautiful! The indoor and outdoor seating are perfect for any meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- at last a quiet restaurantJeff1Dined on 4/5/2014I hesitate to report on how nice this restaurant was, since it's most remarkable quality was how quiet it was, and I'd hate to see noisy crowds in it. It was a pleasure to be able to speak at a normal level. The food was fine, the service was fine. But, say, why does my nickname have to include a number? It's not a password. That doesn't make any sense at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.