Juniper Grill - Peters Twp
4000 Washington Road
Mcmurray, PA 15317Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Juniper Grill - Peters Twp
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.junipergrill.com/
- Phone: 7242607999
- Hours of Operation:
Mothers Day: 10:00 am- 8:00 PM Lunch: Daily: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am, Sunday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Nick Bell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from Juniper Grill - Peters Twp
Juniper Grill was established on the principles of creating a cozy, yet modern atmosphere. Our menu was developed from a wide variety of American cuisine with a Southwest flair. Our Chef's prepare everything from scratch using only the best products available. We major in fresh squeezed juice margaritas, sipping tequilas, and craft beers. Our extensive wine list features 47 wines by the bottle and 30 wines by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Juniper Grill - Peters Twp - Best Restaurants in South Hills ›
Juniper Grill - Peters Twp reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)great for outdoor dining (41)great for lunch (41)fit for foodies (38)special occasion (35)good for groups (32)romantic (22)notable wine list (19)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (14)scenic view (13)great for brunch (11)Show More
- Thumbs Up!JAC103Dined on 9/13/2014This is a great date-night spot as the ambiance is quiet enough for conversation, but still there is a mix of guests that keeps the energy level there. We made reservations for 8:15 and were able to sit on time. The server was very attentive and personable. We saw her just enough to feel like taken care of, but not too much that she was interfering with our conversation etc. My filet was delicious and well-portioned and the Red Knot Shiraz was complementary. We did dig into the smores creme brulee also -- which really hit the spot. Overall - had a great time and would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love it!LeslDined on 9/13/2014As usual Juniper Grill delivers... Great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathyDined on 9/7/2014We sat out on the porch/deck with the windows open - it was great. Our food was delicious! Cornbread was fantastic!!Special Features:
- Pleasing!GiovannaDined on 9/6/2014The food, service and ambiance were wonderful. I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceDebbieDined on 9/6/2014We went to the restaurant with 5 girlfriends prior to seeing Smokey Robinson at the Meadows. Service and food was delicious and the martinis were as well.Special Features:
- Fabulously ConsistentjenjenVIPDined on 9/1/2014It is what dinner should be quality of food and service always consistent.Special Features:
- Was not disappointedPittBandEatsDined on 8/30/2014I have driven by this place many times. I was excited to finally get to try it out. The food was excellent. I enjoyed their cornbread very much although I was surprised at first because I didn't realize their croutons were also cornbread. My ribs and chicken were delicious and I would get them again however I think I'll try the steak next time. The restaurant indoor dining area was full but did not feel crowded. The outdoor dining in the back looked very pleasant and had as nice a view as you will get away from the water. I would recommend this place to others.Special Features:
- Excellent service & great food!Hugs4kissesDined on 8/29/2014Excellent service & great food. Loved the outdoor patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A grest South Hills restaurantDinerVIPDined on 8/24/2014Sunday afternoon at 2pm is not the best time to try a restaurant, but Juniper rose to the occasion with marvelous big salads, fresh ingredients, and terrific service. It is much better than the usual South Hills fare, and we will return often. The menu has something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Our table was across from the bar area and the music was a bit loud for having a nice dinner. The food was good. I had swordfish which was good, my husband had ribs which he thought could have been better. Overall the place is nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodJanCelDined on 8/16/2014The food is always fresh and great tasting - the service is always good - it's a nice neighborhood place for a lunch with friends, a couple drinks at the bar, or even a dinner with family.Special Features:
- Jan2Jan2Dined on 8/15/2014We had a great dinner at the restaurant. We did ask to send one of the meals back for additional cooking by the kitchen and it was handled professionally and to our liking. We will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their patio diningFurrykidmomDined on 8/13/2014Went to lunch with a group of friends. Great salads and tuna sashimi. Could drink blackberry caipirinhas all day long. Bartender rocked. She is the first one who ever got the muddling perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spotJosephDined on 8/8/2014The varied menu has several excellent choices, fish tacos, salmon, ribs, etc. My wife especially enjoys the ribs (better than Famous Dave's) !!, the corn bread is exceptional as a side dish and desert. In general the restaurant is a local gem and place to go for something different for dinner, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolDined on 8/4/2014As always, this was a great place to have a birthday celebration. The food was terrific and plentiful. Our waitress was outstanding. She handled the cake and candles as well as our meal and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Write down the orderOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014It took our server three tries with the drink order. She brought the wrong thing twice and forgot the mix entirely for my dinner companion and had to come back and ask. What's the shame in actually writing down drink orders?Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsDinnerfor2Dined on 8/2/2014Unfortunately, I am gluten free......but my spouse and I love this place because the selection for someone that is GF is excellent. We have been here several times and we both have never had a bad meal. It has become one of our favorites. Nightly recommend!!!Special Features:
- Always Great!CarlosZDined on 7/18/2014I've been to Juniper many times. Not once was the food anything less than great. An especially good restaurant for date night imo.Special Features:
- Worth the Trip!alexDined on 7/14/2014If your looking for a place to have a 3 course meal or simply a great appetizer or salad, look no further. Juniper offers a wide variety of dishes that will satisfy both a high end palate or desire for an awesome burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great timejustmyopinionDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I went to Juniper Grill for our 5th wedding anniversary. The food and service were top notch. I would eat there every day if I had the money. I would hesitate to take my toddler, though there were a couple of kids there. I just don't think a kid would sppreciate it so why not enjoy some alone time? The only thing I didn't like was the open kitchen. I do not enjoy watching the hustle and bustle I go out to get away from it at home. lol But all in all I loved it and already recommended it to people. I would definitely go back. Awesome food, impeccable service, totally worth the price (which is doable for a special occasion for my family).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014It was a great place to take my vegetarian daughter out for her 21 st Birthday dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyablemcan815Dined on 6/28/2014We have dined here several times and have had enjoyable experiences. Good wine and beer list. Only neutral comment is that the menu has been the same for quite awhile.Special Features:
- before the ballgametjkdmkVIPDined on 6/26/2014went with our son, daughter in law, two kids and everyone really enjoyed their meals.....waitress was outstanding and will keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch @ the J-grill84food411Dined on 6/25/2014Third time I've had lunch there, I take clients and friends to J-Grill because the menu is pleasing, the prices acceptable, the service is consistent. If it's not raining, sit on the outer edge (still covered and semi-enclosed). We usually come after 9 PM, pull up a bar high top, enjoy a couple glasses of wine and share the Fish Tacos (unless one of us gets greedy). Not too loud, but open with lots of screens to watch the events of the day.Special Features:
- What is not to like?MikeH883Dined on 6/21/2014Even though they were moderately busy on a Saturday night, the service was really good, and the food delivered right on time. We were not rushed at all, even though we were the last diners in that part of the restaurant. The food was excellent, and the wine list offered great choices. The server was attentive, without being TOO much so, and very personable.Special Features:
- Great foodAkruse611Dined on 6/18/2014Went to dinner here to catch up with a friend. The filet was excellent. I ordered medium and it probably could have been done another minute or two for medium, but was still excellent. The mashed potatoes were the best I have had at a restaurant in a long time and the wood grilled asparagus completed the meal. I was here years ago and was not impressed. I am so glad I gave it a second chance. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014The food is always very good but I wish they would change their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014My husband and I really enjoy going to Juniper! The food is very good, the service is friendly and timely, and the atmosphere is awesome - whether you dine inside or on the patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!LuvtoeatDined on 6/11/2014Awesome food and outstanding service! Food is consistent Great daily specials. Lots of variety. One of best burgers in the area! My wife has autoimmune problem and often gets ill after eating out but never here! Very cleanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsClemiegDined on 6/7/2014Dined here several times since moving to the area. It is always consistently exceptional each and every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 271 reviews are from the Juniper Grill - Peters Twp reviews archive.
- Very goodRaypbvaDined on 5/24/2014We dined as a group of 6 The service was outstanding...our waiter Emmanuel was wonderful and efficient.Food was great and cocktails were high quality. Appetizers were also great. We had a diverse group and all were satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/Back Room Very LoudDeanVIPDined on 5/18/2014We were seated in the back room, which is a quasi-enclosed patio with very hard surfaces. There were several large parties in the room. Very difficult to hear and talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGLuv2eatVIPDined on 5/11/2014THe food was outstanding - superb taste! OVERALL A GREAT PLACE FROM STAFF TO FOODSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotFoodie216Dined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day and was highly impressed by their efficiency and general organization of everything, especially on such a high volume day. The food was fantastic and came out in great time. Our server was attentive and friendly even while being busy. I truly enjoyed everything about this place and cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbClemiegDined on 5/11/2014Every visit is perfect. We have visited several times, once we had a special occasion for a group of 50. Every single time they are absolutely superb.Special Features:
- Most ImprovedflimsicalDined on 5/10/2014In the early days of Juniper Grill, I just considered it another "mediocre" choice in the South Hills. The food and menu were just OK, and I was never really wowed by anything there. But in the past 6 months to a year, they really seem to have turned things around. They have excellent specials and the food is just... better. I with I had a better explanation, but whatever they've done, bravo! We saw at the chef's table a couple months ago, that was fun! Food was great then, too. Last night I had their halibut special - one of the best fish dishes I've had. Excellent.Special Features:
- don't let the cover fool you.steveo412Dined on 5/9/2014I have drove by the place several times just unsure to stop or not. I've never heard anything about it. Well do yourself a favor and stop. The food was awesome and I must say our waitress Ali was the best we've had in a while. Friendly, knowledgeable, quick. I like the fact she had her own opinion about everything on the menu. The manager was very pleasant to talk to also. I like the fact that you can go here and don't have the headache of a lot of traffic to get here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdkepDined on 5/3/2014Fish taco was terrible, not as good as the last time we ate at Juniper Grill, very spicy, fish was in one big piece, last time we had fish tacos the fish was cut up in pieces, very disappointed, must depend on who does the cooking.Special Features:
- JHeyVIPDined on 5/3/2014Juniper Grill is a consistent and reliable dinning experience with tremendous value! The food is always desirable and the service staff is attentive and hospitable.
- RonnieVIPDined on 5/2/2014Juniper Grill continues to be a good spot for a casual, high-quality meal. It does huge business on weekend nights. We had to wait for a while even with a reservation. They offer huge entree salads and other nice dishes. I like the pick two combo, where you can select two bbq items paired with fries or potato salad. The brisket and chicken are awesome. The bar offers huge sports screens in case you just have to check on those hockey playoffs.Special Features: