Juniper Grill - Peters Twp
4000 Washington Road
Mcmurray, PA 15317Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Juniper Grill - Peters Twp
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.junipergrill.com/
- Phone: 7242607999
- Hours of Operation:
Mothers Day: 10:00 am- 8:00 PM Lunch: Daily: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am, Sunday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Nick Bell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from Juniper Grill - Peters Twp
Juniper Grill was established on the principles of creating a cozy, yet modern atmosphere. Our menu was developed from a wide variety of American cuisine with a Southwest flair. Our Chef's prepare everything from scratch using only the best products available. We major in fresh squeezed juice margaritas, sipping tequilas, and craft beers. Our extensive wine list features 47 wines by the bottle and 30 wines by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Juniper Grill - Peters Twp - Best Restaurants in South Hills ›
Juniper Grill - Peters Twp reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)great for lunch (38)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (34)great for outdoor dining (34)special occasion (31)hot spot (19)romantic (17)kid-friendly (15)vibrant bar scene (15)notable wine list (14)scenic view (12)late-night find (10)great for brunch (7)Show More
- Great ServiceNarkoseDined on 10/17/2014We arrived a little late but got a table across from the kitchen, which is a nice area but rather snug. Great waitstaff, difficult choices(all sounded good) but food was great although the chips with the salsa were way too tempting leading to a struggle to finish the main course. Plan on going back againSpecial Features:
- enjoy my visits to Juniper GrillSafetyDined on 10/14/2014the one thing i would suggues you change is the flooring in the bar area. i have seen many people slip and sometimes fall on that floor. i myself have slipped on that floor and i was wearing flats. not sure why that is an issue but it is an accident waiting to happen it just depends on who it will happen to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great!GiovannaDined on 10/12/2014We went to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. The service, food and ambiance were wonderful. There were children there as well but no problem. The waitress were most accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLauraDined on 10/11/2014Had a very nice last-minute Saturday night meal. Great brisket, tasty large salad. Wonderful margarita. Service was great.Special Features:
- Out of the NeigborhoodHannaVIPDined on 10/11/2014Varied menu,good food, pleasant service with a casual ambience. This restaurant is one of several choices when going to LIttle Lake Theater. Coming from Shadyside, it's quite a trek and over the years, it's been great to find a good restaurant practically next door to the theater. If I lived in the south hills, I'd undoubtedly label it a favorite neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice timekt1004Dined on 10/4/2014Had a very good first time experience in this establishment and I expect to return. Food was diverse and prepared well. Was fearful of "artsy" cuisine, but was pleasantly surprised by different, not overstated, selections. Price very reasonable. Was surprised by the romantic setting. Only complaint if any was the high noise level. Noise seemed to be coming from every direction. However, it didn't greatly diminish the experience. The server was efficient if not enthusiastic, but it was fairly busy. Overall a enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sistek4Dined on 10/4/2014The service and food selections were both fantastic. We were out for a birthday celebration and we were not disappointed. The birthday girl chose this restaurant because of previous experiences which were great.Special Features:
- Juniper GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014it is the same concept as Atria's. Family friendly dining. There are better choices, but this was fine for a group of 8 and a birthday party for an adult.Special Features:
- Fantastic Fish Tacos!pmcqueenDined on 9/26/2014I love fish tacos, so I often try them at restaurants that are new to me. The Juniper Grill's fish tacos were OUT OF THIS WORLD. The fish was prepared perfectly, the mango salso was interesting and excellent, and the addition of sour cream (not too much!) made the whole experience quite divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodlove2eatDined on 9/20/2014The food was very flavorful and was just the right portion to have.Special Features:
- Thumbs Up!JAC103Dined on 9/13/2014This is a great date-night spot as the ambiance is quiet enough for conversation, but still there is a mix of guests that keeps the energy level there. We made reservations for 8:15 and were able to sit on time. The server was very attentive and personable. We saw her just enough to feel like taken care of, but not too much that she was interfering with our conversation etc. My filet was delicious and well-portioned and the Red Knot Shiraz was complementary. We did dig into the smores creme brulee also -- which really hit the spot. Overall - had a great time and would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love it!LeslDined on 9/13/2014As usual Juniper Grill delivers... Great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathyDined on 9/7/2014We sat out on the porch/deck with the windows open - it was great. Our food was delicious! Cornbread was fantastic!!Special Features:
- Pleasing!GiovannaDined on 9/6/2014The food, service and ambiance were wonderful. I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceDebbieDined on 9/6/2014We went to the restaurant with 5 girlfriends prior to seeing Smokey Robinson at the Meadows. Service and food was delicious and the martinis were as well.Special Features:
- Great Place to eatMollyBooVIPDined on 9/2/2014Having eaten here many times, I cannot say enough good things about the Juniper Grill. The food is excellent and well as the service. My husband and I go there once a week and have never been disappointed! Fish tacos are great. Good wine selection!Special Features:
- Fabulously ConsistentjenjenVIPDined on 9/1/2014It is what dinner should be quality of food and service always consistent.Special Features:
- Was not disappointedPittBandEatsDined on 8/30/2014I have driven by this place many times. I was excited to finally get to try it out. The food was excellent. I enjoyed their cornbread very much although I was surprised at first because I didn't realize their croutons were also cornbread. My ribs and chicken were delicious and I would get them again however I think I'll try the steak next time. The restaurant indoor dining area was full but did not feel crowded. The outdoor dining in the back looked very pleasant and had as nice a view as you will get away from the water. I would recommend this place to others.Special Features:
- Excellent service & great food!Hugs4kissesDined on 8/29/2014Excellent service & great food. Loved the outdoor patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A grest South Hills restaurantDinerVIPDined on 8/24/2014Sunday afternoon at 2pm is not the best time to try a restaurant, but Juniper rose to the occasion with marvelous big salads, fresh ingredients, and terrific service. It is much better than the usual South Hills fare, and we will return often. The menu has something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Our table was across from the bar area and the music was a bit loud for having a nice dinner. The food was good. I had swordfish which was good, my husband had ribs which he thought could have been better. Overall the place is nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodJanCelVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food is always fresh and great tasting - the service is always good - it's a nice neighborhood place for a lunch with friends, a couple drinks at the bar, or even a dinner with family.Special Features:
- Jan2Jan2Dined on 8/15/2014We had a great dinner at the restaurant. We did ask to send one of the meals back for additional cooking by the kitchen and it was handled professionally and to our liking. We will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their patio diningFurrykidmomDined on 8/13/2014Went to lunch with a group of friends. Great salads and tuna sashimi. Could drink blackberry caipirinhas all day long. Bartender rocked. She is the first one who ever got the muddling perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spotJosephDined on 8/8/2014The varied menu has several excellent choices, fish tacos, salmon, ribs, etc. My wife especially enjoys the ribs (better than Famous Dave's) !!, the corn bread is exceptional as a side dish and desert. In general the restaurant is a local gem and place to go for something different for dinner, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolDined on 8/4/2014As always, this was a great place to have a birthday celebration. The food was terrific and plentiful. Our waitress was outstanding. She handled the cake and candles as well as our meal and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Write down the orderOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014It took our server three tries with the drink order. She brought the wrong thing twice and forgot the mix entirely for my dinner companion and had to come back and ask. What's the shame in actually writing down drink orders?Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsDinnerfor2Dined on 8/2/2014Unfortunately, I am gluten free......but my spouse and I love this place because the selection for someone that is GF is excellent. We have been here several times and we both have never had a bad meal. It has become one of our favorites. Nightly recommend!!!Special Features:
- Always Great!CarlosZDined on 7/18/2014I've been to Juniper many times. Not once was the food anything less than great. An especially good restaurant for date night imo.Special Features:
- Worth the Trip!alexDined on 7/14/2014If your looking for a place to have a 3 course meal or simply a great appetizer or salad, look no further. Juniper offers a wide variety of dishes that will satisfy both a high end palate or desire for an awesome burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great timejustmyopinionDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I went to Juniper Grill for our 5th wedding anniversary. The food and service were top notch. I would eat there every day if I had the money. I would hesitate to take my toddler, though there were a couple of kids there. I just don't think a kid would sppreciate it so why not enjoy some alone time? The only thing I didn't like was the open kitchen. I do not enjoy watching the hustle and bustle I go out to get away from it at home. lol But all in all I loved it and already recommended it to people. I would definitely go back. Awesome food, impeccable service, totally worth the price (which is doable for a special occasion for my family).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014It was a great place to take my vegetarian daughter out for her 21 st Birthday dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyablemcan815Dined on 6/28/2014We have dined here several times and have had enjoyable experiences. Good wine and beer list. Only neutral comment is that the menu has been the same for quite awhile.Special Features:
- The following 280 reviews are from the Juniper Grill - Peters Twp reviews archive.
- before the ballgametjkdmkVIPDined on 6/26/2014went with our son, daughter in law, two kids and everyone really enjoyed their meals.....waitress was outstanding and will keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch @ the J-grill84food411Dined on 6/25/2014Third time I've had lunch there, I take clients and friends to J-Grill because the menu is pleasing, the prices acceptable, the service is consistent. If it's not raining, sit on the outer edge (still covered and semi-enclosed). We usually come after 9 PM, pull up a bar high top, enjoy a couple glasses of wine and share the Fish Tacos (unless one of us gets greedy). Not too loud, but open with lots of screens to watch the events of the day.Special Features:
- What is not to like?MikeH883Dined on 6/21/2014Even though they were moderately busy on a Saturday night, the service was really good, and the food delivered right on time. We were not rushed at all, even though we were the last diners in that part of the restaurant. The food was excellent, and the wine list offered great choices. The server was attentive, without being TOO much so, and very personable.Special Features:
- Great foodAkruse611Dined on 6/18/2014Went to dinner here to catch up with a friend. The filet was excellent. I ordered medium and it probably could have been done another minute or two for medium, but was still excellent. The mashed potatoes were the best I have had at a restaurant in a long time and the wood grilled asparagus completed the meal. I was here years ago and was not impressed. I am so glad I gave it a second chance. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014The food is always very good but I wish they would change their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014My husband and I really enjoy going to Juniper! The food is very good, the service is friendly and timely, and the atmosphere is awesome - whether you dine inside or on the patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!LuvtoeatDined on 6/11/2014Awesome food and outstanding service! Food is consistent Great daily specials. Lots of variety. One of best burgers in the area! My wife has autoimmune problem and often gets ill after eating out but never here! Very cleanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.