Junior's Supper Club
2601 NW Expressway
Oklahoma City, OK 73112Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Junior's Supper Club
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.juniorsokc.com/
- Phone: 4058485597
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday:5:30pm - 11:00pm Bar Open Nightly until 2:00am Sunday: CLOSED
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Steve Farrokhian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Junior’s has two rooms: Room #1 holds up to 45 people and Is located in the main restaurant, adjacent to main dining area.
Junior’s second room holds up to 85 people. It is located across the hall from the main dining area. The decor is same for the meeting rooms as is in the restaurant-- all red.
- Private Party Contact: Kathy 4058485597
- Entertainment: Every Wednesday: Denise Smith and the After Hours Band.
Thursday, Friday, Saturday: Anita White Trio
A word from Junior's Supper Club
Junior’s Supper Club . We are a fine dining restaurant, noted for the finest steaks in Oklahoma City. We are also noted for our lobster tail, imported from the cold waters of Australia. It is out of this world. The other item we are famous for is Caesar salad, which originated at Junior’s in 1973, and is made at the diners table. A nice touch, believe me.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Junior's Supper Club reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (12)romantic (11)neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (5)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Really bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014It took 30 minutes to get our drink order. We had to ask for our bread but we could not get it until we were done with our dinner since the waitress was never around. When you caught her going by and you asked for something she never stopped to see if anyone else at the table needed anything. We took our friend that had come in from out of town and I was mortified when they were making jokes that they were going to order their second drink before the first one even got here. The food was good but the staff made it such an unpleasant experience that it won't be on my list of places to take friends.
- Demise of a Legendwine2dineVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have been enjoying Junior's for many years. This past Saturday was my last time to dine at Junior's . The food was simply just "fair" nothing more. The service was the same. I would guess that they are surviving on their past. At one time Junior's was the place to dine, be seen and see. You could always be guaranteed a wonderful meal. Even their famous Brandy Ice was not the same. I have had several friends make similar comments to me, so I know it isn't just me. I guess all good things must come to end at sometime or other. Sorry to see this legend depart.
- Delightful LunchPatrciaVIPDined on 8/15/2014A group of 12 ladies played bridge in the back room and had a wonderful time. The room was set up nicely, the food was delicious, and the service was very attentive! Juniors even provided chicken livers to those of us who wanted them. We would highly recommend Juniors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only real supper club left in OKCTallRedHeadDined on 8/9/2014Juniors is the finest spot for a date, special occasion, or just a fun evening. From the fine steaks and seafood to the fantastic entertainment it is the greatest place in OKC.Special Features:
- Still GreatButtersFanDined on 7/21/2014Still has the best pan fried chicken that I've ever eaten.Special Features:
- First Time, Last TimePastordudeDined on 7/17/2014We tried Junior's on the advice of a friend who said the steaks were great. We had to wait a while when we arrived for someone to greet us. The steaks were great--no complaints. However, the wine list was unimpressive and the décor looked like it had never been updated. The wait staff were friendly. However, the overall experience was just not worth coming back for.
- Back home to Junior'sScottVIPDined on 7/16/2014Went to Junior's for lunch and it was like being back home again. The instantly recognize me and make me feel at home. Their fried livers and gizzards are delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThunderheadDined on 6/6/2014Great bar service, good food, and good service. Reasonable priced when compared to Mahogany'sSpecial Features:
- Awesome LunchPatrciaVIPDined on 5/19/2014This is the perfect place for great food and good conversation. Chicken livers were on the online lunch menu, but not on the table menu. (The reason we tried Juniors.) Our server said they were on the dinner menu and we could have them. They were delicious! Maybe the best in town! It was a birthday lunch, so the server brought the birthday girl a dessert. We had a very good time and definitely will return and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 178 reviews are from the Junior's Supper Club reviews archive.
- Around for years!JMHKCVIPDined on 5/16/2014Local place that has been around for ages! I really enjoy their fresh made Ceasar, gizzards and escargot. The steak offerings are fairly basic and I enjoyed my filet and shrimp scampi. I know we will be back because my parents love this place. It's an easy date night place with a consistent experience.Special Features:
- What a disappoinment!WorldTravelerDined on 4/17/2014After several years of good food and service, we were shocked at how far this place has slipped. The famous Syrian Salad was tasteless. The steak was burned and the second attempt was fair at best. The baked potato was a joke as well. The Brandy Ice for desert was tasteless; little brandy, seasoning and the ice cream was OLD. We will never, ever go back. Sad to see a legend fall.
- Lunches are excellent at Junior'sScottVIPDined on 4/4/2014Tried Junior's for lunch. Excellent as always. Staff is the friendliest I have found in OKC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another pleasurable meal - Junior'sScottVIPDined on 3/31/2014Had another great time at Junior's. I wanted a light meal so just had the fried chicken livers appetizer and a salad. Was too much to eat! Wait staff is always friendly, it feels like home. Went to the bar and enjoyed a nice long conversation with the owner. Really nice gentleman who carries on the fantastic Junior's tradition and takes it even steps further. No wonder the staff has been there for many years. Always a pleasure to return; if you haven't been try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT AS GOOD AS THE FIRST TIMEScottVIPDined on 3/13/2014RETURNED TO JUNIORS 2 NIGHTS LATER TO TAKE A COWORKER. BRAGGED ABOUT THE FLAME COOKED STEAK AND THE FRIED LIVERS APPETIZER (ONE OF MY GUILTY PLEASURES). FRIED LIVERS WERE TASTY YET OVERCOOKED SO THEY BECOME TOUGH, DISAPPOINTED. THE CAESAR SALAD PREPARED TABLESIDE WAS PERFECT; I REQUESTED A LITTLE LESS LEMON JUICE AND IT WAS EXCELLENT! I SUBSTITUTED ASPARAGUS (SMALL UPCHARGE) FOR THE VEGETABLE AND POTATO AND SADLY THEY WERE POOR AT BEST. UNDERCOOKED SMALL PORTION, CUT UP ON THE PLATE, UNAPPEALING. THE BONE IN RIBEYE WAS HUGE BUT SOMEWHAT TOUGHER THAN THE ONE 2 NIGHTS EARLIER. WHEN I REQUESTED IT TO BE SLIGHTLY REHEATED (MEDIUM RARE) IT ENDED UP WELL DONE. SERVICE WAS STILL VERY VERY GOODSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Local TreasureScottVIPDined on 3/11/2014A local recommended Junior's and I read the menu and reviews on Opentable. I went there and was pleasantly surprised. So much in fact that I have a reservation on Thursday to bring a coworker. I started with the fried livers and gizzards; just a personal favorite of mine and they were excellent. Nice flavor and perfectly cooked. A light batter so the taste was not obscured. Followed with a small caesar salad and I must say it is a bit tart but I like the tableside presentation. My bone in ribeye was prepared perfectly and had that rich flavor that cooking over direct fire imparts. It was tender cooked perfectly and delicious. I have eaten at all of the major steak places in OKC and this is as good a steak as anywhere!Special Features:
- After reading mixed review,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014After reading mixed review, we did not know what to expect. The food was fairly good, the prices reasonable. It's not upscale, that's for sure, or were the diners. If you want to have a quiet chat without being overheard, it would be a good place to go. Bar drinks were weak. Sort of blue collar upscale.
- Good experience once...MamawoodDined on 2/22/2014I'm glad we went, always wanted to. There's no need for me to return again personally. Certainly didn't have an awful time, but the food was just okay really for all the hype and expense. The tables were close together, it was fairly loud with the set up. I even had the filet and eh... Not bad, but certainly had better. The waitstaff, however was fabulous. The down side to that is you get two separate bills... One for food, one for drinks... And top seperately as well.Special Features:
- DissappointedJDALEDined on 2/22/2014Have been here many times. Caesar dressing was so tart could not finish salad, potatoes were cold, not warm but COLD. Had to send back, filets were nothing special, bar service was terrible. Not going back.
- HotRodHotRodDined on 2/14/2014Steaks were tasteless and tough. Would not go back.
- Wonderful lunch!boydDined on 2/13/2014Always great food and quiet enough to have conversation. One of the few places who really seem to care about their guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the past!KfordDined on 2/1/2014My wife and I went to Juniors for her birthday dinner. Prior to going, I called and was told on the phone that no seating was available so I made reservations online and was able to get immediate seating. We have been several times in the past years and I must say that this time was a huge disappointment. I had the KC Strip and she had the Filet. Both steaks were average at best. We waited for over 20 minutes for our salads and over 40 minutes for our steak. After dinner, we waited another 30 minutes for the waitress to pick up our ticket. This was after our table had been cleaned off. After the waiter picked up our meal ticket, we waited forever for the bar waitress to get us our drink ticket. Steaks were tough as nails!Special Features:
- Still superb!CharlotteDined on 1/23/2014I've eaten at Junior's off and on for over 30 years, and it is just as good today as always!Special Features:
- Junior's TraditionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/22/2014Junior's is great., Wife's birthday. Great evening.Special Features:
- Meeting FriendsTallRedHeadDined on 1/18/2014Met friends for their first time here. The service was exceptional as usual. Jim was over to welcome them to the restaurant. Just a wonderful place to be. Become a regular and everyone will know your name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a classic favoriteJuniorsDined on 1/18/2014Junior's STILL is one of my favorite places for special occasions. The food, service and ambiance is just one of a kind. For those of you that haven't been in a while, its still just as amazing as ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I don't get it!?!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/13/2013We enjoy dining at Junior's several times a year. It's a throwback restaurant of another era. I was very disappointed this time. I had taken my wife and daughter to dinner to celebrate Friday the 13th. Upon our arrival, they fumbled around to find our reservation, they didn't check our outerwear but they did seat us promptly. We were greeted by our server, Madison, who was cheerful. A young man brought water and the server brought menus. She returned around 10 minutes later for our order. I said that we'd love a cocktail and Madison stated she'd locate a cocktail waitress. We saw them serving other diners their drinks but they never served us. After 25 minutes we left and went elsewhere. It was certainly not the evening I had envisioned!
- Maybe past its timecyrusDined on 12/7/2013I just can't see where this is some great restaurant with a wonderful steak. It was more like a run down restaurant at a Holiday Inn circa 1969. The food was edible but nothing noteworthy, the place must be a locals hangout and the locals must overlook the food quality for a place to have a stiff drink and call theirs. Nothing with regards to the food was worth the depressing atmosphere.
- My family & I really enjoyed it.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/4/2013My son, daughter in law, and 4 year old grandson always take my ex-husband to dinner for his birthday. He said, "lets find some place new." I went online and started looking for good steak restuarants in the area and saw the ad for Junior's. I called him back and said, "How about someplace old instead?" We had memories of the great meals and ambiance of Junior's from years back. The food and service was excellent. We all really enjoyed it, even my 4 year old grandson, and the staff was very attentive and gracious to us all. It was a great birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleUNHAPPYDINNERVIPDined on 11/30/2013We have been to Junior's 2 dozen times but hadn't been in months. It seems like our trips get less frequent because the service and food has gone down hill the last few years. This time we were seated promptly, but it took 15 minutes to get a menu and then another 10 minutes to get a drink order. We were there nearly 30 minutes before we received drinks and ordered....UNACCEPTABLE! I ordered a strip steak and it was a VERY fatty cut and even with the fat it had NO FLAVOR. I'm sorry but it is time for this "landmark" to close, or start treating people with more respect.
- Caesar SaladBunnyKnowzVIPDined on 11/30/2013We oy came for one item on our "food crawl" and it was lacking. Junior's isn't what it used to be. Servers were all very nice and attentive, but the flavors just aren't the same.
- I've been going to Junior'sBekiDined on 10/25/2013I've been going to Junior's for years and years and the food is always fantastic. The service is usually impeccable and I have never had a complaint until Friday night. Our cocktail waitress, Laura, was rude and insulting and simply did not bring us our items. She treated us like trailer trash. Our dining waitress was nice, but she was completely in the weeds, or so it seemed. She was not very attentive and forgot to bring items we ordered. I was very disappointed with the service from both waitresses, but other servers were very quick to clear our table and fill our drinks. Laura has no business serving people in such an atmosphere, especially if she can't treat every customer with respect and like they are special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caesar Salad can't be beat!DogmanDined on 10/21/2013Caesar Salad can't be beat! And the Brandy Ice is the best in the world!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not best first impressionjhoff34Dined on 10/19/2013Had reservations for a booth, when we arrived they told us a booth was not available yet and told us to go sit at the bar until one was ready. Had a waitress that appeared to be new to the place.....our order was not taken for at least 15-20 minutes. Our water glasses were never promptly filled. They cooked both of our steaks wrong, mixed them up. Waitress was hard to track down, did not see her for 10 minutes at a time and it took quite a while for them to replace our steaks. Overall the food was good but not great. A little disappointed for my first visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so yummy, but sad about dessertklcfirstDined on 10/19/2013the food was once again amazing! the caesar salad is simply to die for. we were so disappointed though that the homemade chocolate is gone. this is my husband's absolute favorite dessert in the city. otherwise, delicious as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary nightfoodloverDined on 9/23/2013We have spent the last 5 years at Juniors for our anniversary. We enjoy it very much. Monday night was no exception. We were entertained by the antics of an over zealous drinker in the bar who was standing up to his table making gyrations and spilling his drink all over one of his table guests. You would think the bartender would have stopped serving him, but that didn't happen. All in all, we really enjoyed ourselves. Our server was excellent, as was the young man making our ceasar salad. (very polite and friendly). We will see you again next year!Special Features:
- Yummy steakBirthdaysDined on 9/21/2013Very good place to go for a special occasion. The steaks are the best in OKC. Jim always comes by the table to make you feel welcome in his restaurant. Great atmosphere. Love the bar setting!!Special Features:
- Still a great classicTryItAllDined on 9/11/2013I have always enjoyed dining in this place. The staff and ambience are always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersmikeyDined on 9/10/2013My wife and celebrated our anniversary there. The atmophere was very nice and quiet. We received excellent service feom our waitress. She was very polite and courtesy. The food was excellent. We enjoyed the waiter making our ceasar salad from scratch.Would recomend this resturant to our friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreairboss37Dined on 9/7/2013For the prices of the steaks, I expected better. The place was very noisy with tables close together, but the atmosphere was still nice. The real treat came when the music started!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaladRAN3Dined on 9/6/2013One of the few places in USA that makes the true Caesar salad. Fresh ingredients, made table side. Same great food , ambiance for 30 years.Special Features: