12 East 31st Street
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://juninyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 995-8599
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Shaun Hergatt
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Juni
Juni is Chef Shaun Hergatt’s boutique restaurant celebrating the height of the season, within Manhattan’s Hotel Chandler [12 East 31st Street]. An intimate affair between the guest and the chef, the 50-seat restaurant offers a seasonally evolving menu showcasing the bounty of the harvest and ingredients when they are at their freshest and finest. Juni derives its name from the Latin word for “June,” the heart of the season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Juni reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (147)special occasion (121)romantic (91)notable wine list (61)great for lunch (33)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (20)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- The best meal EVERFairfieldFoodieDined on 10/4/2014Went to Juni to celebrate my 35th birthday. And if I can share a lesson I've learned in my 30's it's this: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. This was the most I had ever spent on a meal, and it was worth every penny! Every morsel was intensely amazing. Even the wine was the smoothest I'd ever drank! We did the six-course tasting menu, and let me tell you, we couldn't finish dessert. The six courses of amuse-bouche that start the meal had us giggling, as we had never had such a fancy dinner, but boy, this chef knows the chemistry of an amazing meal! Service was outstanding, too; If I took a sip of water, a waiter was there to top me off. Simply spectacular, and a guaranteed fabulous meal!Special Features:
- Interesting findAussiefoodyDined on 10/3/2014Found this restaurant and was pleased to be able to book only 3 weeks in advance for a catch up with cousins while we were all visiting New York. We had a lovely evening and would recommend it to others. We chose the 4 course meal and although everything was great I ended up feeling like I would have liked a bit more food as the portions were reasonably small. The food was interesting and creative - the canapés which came first were tiny but exquisite! Wine pairing was good - although again the servings were not as generous as some we had had at other restaurants. However, it was very good value for money considering the standard of the food. And the room was not noisy and we could enjoy a conversation easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and exciting food!RooneyDined on 10/2/2014Really great and exciting gourmet food. A lot of new and interesting tastes. If you love tasting menus and explore new tastes, this is a place to visit. We got 4 or 5 delicious appetizers besides the tasting menu - really good and a nice surprise. Maybe not the most welcoming entrance, it's through a hotel lobby, but when you enter the actual restaurant I think it was simple and nice. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative, interesting, delicious!JeninNyVIPDined on 10/2/2014We had the 10 course Chef's tasting menu with reserve pairings. Chef Shaun put up a journey of creative, emotion-invoking, beautiful tastes and dishes. We loved that he came out to chat with us a couple of times about the food, his passion and love for his craft is obvious. The wine pairings were spot-on and just as unique and interesting as the food. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MARVELOUS JUNImkd1964Dined on 10/1/2014I had a most excellent lunch at Juni's. I am over from London and I have to say that Juni matches, even passes, any Michelin starred establishment I have had the pleasure to dine in worldwide. Fabulous. I shall be dining at Juni's whenever I get the opportunity to be in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Juni - A wonderful experienceghiottoneVIPDined on 9/27/2014This was a great place to celebrate our thirteenth wedding anniversary. Impeccable service, from the hostess to our waiter to the sommelier, and all the attendant staff. Delicious and interesting food: The Chef is clever and amazing, with pairing of ingredients to create special creations that are both gorgeous and delectable. And you begin your meal with 5 or 6 wonderful amuse bouche, each of which were a surprise treat. Great ambience, wonderful experience. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great....but.....Angel4FoodVIPDined on 9/27/2014We had a lovely time at Juni. The atmosphere, ambiance, and food were wonderful. The only compliant we had was when we went to order. You could get a 4, 6, or 10 piece tasting menu. There were three people in our party and we decided that two of us would have the 6 piece and one person who doesn't eat as much would have the four piece menu. As we began our orders the waiter stopped us and told us that we all had to order the same amount of tastings. No big deal I guess but we had to go back to the drawing board to find two more items to eat and quite frankly it was two much for the person that was required to order more food. All in all it was a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good choiceAdnanDined on 9/26/2014i like the fusion very clean presentation of the dishes great food perfect serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY SPECIALZorbaVIPDined on 9/24/2014Special and refined. Friendly and professional. 7 incredibly flavored small bite courses preceded dinner choices. Every single dish was exquisite and deftly prepared. Perfectly balanced food is so appreciated. Chef clearly is a student of the science of food and flavors. Wonderful, non stuffy service and wine service as well. Brilliant!Special Features:
- Better the first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/22/2014Several months ago, I had the pleasure of dining at Juni. The food was delicious, the service fantastic and an overall pleasure. As such, I came back to Juni with the expectations of a similar experience. However, it was the complete opposite. The food was average w/ plates being cooked to early and left on the heating pad, which made the dish over-cooked. Other dishes were just off-temp. On the service, the waiters screwed up the order of the courses being served so some at the table had their entrees when others were dining on their appetizers. Instead of stepping up as other Tier 1 places do and offering a remedy, they just shrugged it off. Maybe it was just a Monday and the 'B' team was there, but I'll likely bring my business elsewhere
- Incredible Foodie ExperienceJJ1019Dined on 9/20/2014Some of the most creative and whimsical food we have experienced in all of our travels...a must try! The restaurant itself is quite traditional and "dry" in contrast to the menu and chefs creativity.... Wonder what would happen here if the interior atmosphere was as interesting as the food?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was is Best NYC but now standerd!HisabonDined on 9/20/2014All Chang disappointed !Was is best American but now standard! All dish nothing special ,very small difficult to find what we eat！All material not fresh. Standard level.Special Features:
- Elegant diningSuzieDined on 9/20/2014The East 30's, once a food wasteland, has become a hot bed of fine dining. Leading the pack is Juni. The food is inventive, interesting, and most important, delicious. The service is attentive without being trying. The menu, with no a la carte selections, offers sufficient choices to please everyone. A particular favorite was the candy apple holding a rich surprise, and the crab and corn appetizer. Everything was perfect and I will be recommending Juni to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a wow!christineVIPDined on 9/19/2014The four course tasting menu offers an incredible mix of wonderfully prepared and presented food. The amuse-bouches were inventive both in their taste and presentation.Special Features:
- Spectacular in every regard.threecrayonsVIPDined on 9/18/2014Lunch was amazing as always. Started with the spot prawns which was quietly beautiful, like Grace Kelly in her younger years. The hanger steak was cooked and seasoned perfectly. The deserts are excellent. This is an excellent introduction to Chef Hergatt's food. Dinner is magic, and the ten course tasting is worth every dime. Exceptional food, exceptional service.Special Features:
- gegandcoVIPDined on 9/17/2014Ethereal cuisine...It is an scintillating EXPERIENCE!Special Features:
- phenomenal foodie treasureSallySVIPDined on 9/16/2014This was a treat from beginning to delicious end! Order 4 or 6 courses but they serve 6 or 8 bites that are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid, splendid, splendidTaShihDined on 9/15/2014We enjoyed lunch at Juni recently and the food was some of the best I've had anywhere in the world. The lunch prix fixe is an incomparable value....would have been double anywhere else in NY and triple in Paris. Our server seemed overly formal. The Chef, on the other hand, set exactly the right tone of confident ease and his visit to our table was much appreciated. We can't wait to come back for dinner!Special Features:
- Delightful in every way!LouiseCDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed a wonderful meal at Juni and will definitely be back next time we're in town. Every single mouthful of food was exquisite and each plate was served with such care and attention to detail. The presentation of the food was gorgeous, every plate a work of art. Wines offered by the glass were a perfect complement. Service was impeccable without being in the least bit stuffy or pretentious. A real treat and very highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieCPwiseVIPDined on 9/13/2014Juni was a very nice discovery, we had the four course dinner, for me it was the correct amount of food, you can choose either two appetizers and one main dish or one appetizer and two main dishes and then the dessert. They were very well made with a great combination of flavors and textures and you can bring your bottle for a corkage fee of 50 USD, we had a great time. Highly reccomendedSpecial Features:
- Utterly Superb!InthetradeDined on 9/12/2014I really don't want to write too much here, as it may spoil the surprises. The restaurant is small, but the service very personable. The wine list is extensive, with many bottles at a reasonable price. The quality and originality of the food on offer, utilising what is seasonal, was truly great. Smart use of ingredients and creatively executed. Superb, and recommended to anyone in New York.Special Features:
- Service qualityL234Dined on 9/12/2014The food was great, the ambiance as well, but the service was really unprofessional. We expect a minimum of knowledge when paying 100$ for a menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not much foodloramVIPDined on 9/11/2014Maybe we should have done more research on the restaurant but it was a strange dining experience. Small portions with unusual combinations. Left hungry.Special Features:
- Delicious, delicious, deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/8/2014We are big fans of Chef Hergatt (Sho was one of our favorite restaurants), and were very happy to hear about Juni. For our first meal at Juni, we enjoyed 6 courses; for our second meal, 4 courses. Among our favorite dishes: veal tenderloin with sweetbreads and mustard blossom; the yogurt cotta with salmon and roe; the prawn with uni; and for dessert, the peach/almond/hyssop/burrata. It's difficult to go wrong with any dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 10 all timeScottD58VIPDined on 9/6/2014What were you top 10 dining experiences of all time? Was it the location, the service, the inspire cocktails and paired wine, or was it the food? Maybe it was a combo? For me Juni's in that top 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheaterjoeDined on 9/3/2014The chef makes dishes that are both original and delicious. The wait staff is only an eye flick away and courteous to a fault. Pricey but worth it. We enjoyed the easy atmosphere as well. Nice and quiet!Special Features:
- One of the best meals I've had!!YUMO302Dined on 8/30/2014We did the six course tasting menu with pairings and were completely blown away by the taste, quality, and creativity of the food. The service was excellent and the restaurant had a great ambiance--the design is elegant and the tables are spaced far apart so you can hear everyone in your group without any issue. It was a meal we will never forgetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting menu for the win!CourtneyNYCDined on 8/29/2014My boyfriend and I both had the four course tasting menu and it was delicious! As great as the four courses were (get the veal tenderloin), my favorite part were the amuse bouche bites they served before the main course (beet gel on beet paper!). The service was spot on, but the atmosphere was very quiet and not very lively, seemed a little stuffy - not my ideal type of dinning experience. Their cocktail menu was also fairly extensive and I enjoyed the rum cocktail (I cannot recall the name) I had. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or for the foodie out there looking for a great meal!Special Features:
- ArtOliaVIPDined on 8/29/2014The food is not only intricate and delicious but also beautifully presented. It's like a piece of art. Always want to come back. It's also has a great value, especially lunchSpecial Features:
- Extraordinary MealKMBrooklynDined on 8/28/2014One of the best meals during my 20 years of living in NY. Memorable, superb food in both presentation and flavor. Service was extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!smile172Dined on 8/23/2014We had the pleasure to experience the 10 course chef's tasting menu. From the multiple amuse-bouche to the final dessert, every single course was a delight to the senses. Absolutely worth the experience!Special Features:
- Amuse-BoucheWilliemoonVIPDined on 8/23/2014Great new concept restaurant. After choosing between four and ten courses, pairing wines, we were pleasantly surprised. We were served five various, beautifully presented, delicious Amuse-Bouche. We had a fabulous 25th anniversary dinner. (Yes they sent a dessert with a happy anniversary greeting.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restrained elegancegalvdocVIPDined on 8/23/2014From the muted gray tones of the dining room to the precise platings and well-choreographed service, everything was perfect. We chose the 4 course price fixe menu and enjoyed every morsel. The only overly precious note was the carved tree branch which held the black truffle bombs, one of the delightful amuse bouche that appeared. The hearts of palm crafted into "ravioli" filled with basil, served with stone crop was beautiful to observe, and perfectly crafted - the crunch and pop of the citrusy/salty stone crop was the ideal accent for the rich basil flavors. One of the standout dishes was local corn with peekytoe crab and saffron; the green tea dusted macadamias as our final amuse bouche were a strong finish.Special Features:
- A Hidden JemfeasterVIPDined on 8/22/2014Care about creativity, authenticity and adventure? There is no better restaurant in New York than Juni. Chef Sean Hergatt respects his ingredients but pushes to reveal their inner most secrets. You know on what you are feasting, but wonder why it is so remarkable. No pickling of naturally sweet foods, no over spicing, over saucing, over anything. Clean, beautiful and beautifully presented. If my family had to choose one restaurant in New York, this would be it. At a birthday lunch, friends noted the flavor nuances of, the perfect presentation, the joy of the experience. Why are tables easy to book? The location at 31st between Fifth and Madison is not the best. Why would one be there? Why? To dine at the best of all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food presentationSlidesVIPDined on 8/21/2014This is one of those once in a lifetime type of place that I would highly recommend that you visit at least once. The food presentation is great and the service is very attentive and on top of it. The food taste ranges from very good to okay and I was not blown away by every dish. But still, I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Artistry in the FlatironPlaysafeDined on 8/20/2014Just west of Murray Hill, on the edge of the Flatiron, is an experience no lover of fine food should miss. Located in the quiet, elegantly-rehabbed Hotel Chandler, Juni presents diners with a meal both supremely delicious and sublimely esthetic. Chef Sean Hergatt first delights with essences of truffle and beet and mustard and oats, to name but a few of the flavors, and then the menu proper comes to dazzle the eye and exalt the palate. Every dish presents extraordinary yet satisfying combinations, in a picture of Zen beauty and balance; Chef Hergatt is an artist, and we heartily recommend the show. Excellent wine list as well.Special Features:
- Perfect for business lunchBusinessDinnerVIPDined on 8/20/2014My boss wanted to have somewhere nice to meet with his client. Somewhere quiet so he can talk confidential stuff over meal. This place is perfect for the purpose. For me, it was almost painfully quiet, though. The food is great, The service was exquisite. They sensed that we are kinda in a hurry without telling them. That is also important for the business lunch. Fast but elegant services. I will definitely book this restaurant for my boss again.Special Features:
- an amazing experienceeateratorVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had the 10 course tasting menu and Chef Hergatt completely took us into a forest, turned into the Puck character Tom Cruise played in Legend, and created some Willy Wonka-esque earth magic where caterpillars are made of flower petals and smooth lemon panna cotta then hid in edible flowers and leaves, and where birds nests are made of hyssop sorbet that aided digestion and cleansed your palette. I was floored. Is he a unicorn?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shaun Hergatt is a Creative Genius.SIRLINYDined on 8/16/2014From the moment that you enter the resturant, you know something special awaits you. Two very elegent rooms await you. One room seats 20 special guest and the second room seats 30 also special guests. Quiet, spacious, refined.The service is perfect without the slightest floor. No one hovering on top of you, but there in an instant if needed.You are treated as if you were Chef Shaun Hergatt....The food. Creative, magnificent in presentation, and taste impecable. Yes I have eaten in New York's top 25 resturants including Per Se, and I promise that you never had an experience like this. Chef Shaun Hergatt is a true genius. you owe it to yourself & and possibly someone special) not to miss this very special dining experiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNytitanVIPDined on 8/14/2014Tasting menu was a delight. This is a future 3 star Michelin IMHO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.