2 Harrison St.
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
KoreanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://jungsik.kr/#hello
- Phone: 2122190900x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Korean, Korean
- Executive Chef: Jung Sik Yim
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Jung Sik offers an intimate private dining room ideal for small corporate events or special occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Kyungmoon Kim 2122190900x
- Special Events: Intimate private dining room available perfect for smaller groups, families and business meetings.
Private dining area available for parties up to 20.
- Cross Street: Hudson
- Public Transit: Subway
JUNGSIK is located on the corner of Hudson and Harrison
From the local 1 train it is the Franklin Street Station. Walk one block west on Franklin street to Hudson street, and head south till you see Harrison st.
The Chambers Street Station (1,2,3 or A, C trains) is a short four block walk away. (just head north on Hudson)
- Parking: Street Parking
A word from JUNGSIK
JUNGSIK offers a modern and unique Korean cuisine by innovative Chef Yim whom the New York Times has christened "The Pioneer of Modern Korean." This landmark Seoul experience is now offered at his TriBeCa flagship (former Chanterelle space), where bold flavors and playful culinary offerings abound. Jungsik brings the innovations of French cuisine and new Spanish movements into the Korean realm while staying true to big and bold familiar flavors of Korea.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
JUNGSIK - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
JUNGSIK reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (95)fit for foodies (79)romantic (77)notable wine list (49)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (13)good for groups (13)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014Our third time here, 2nd time celebrating our anniversary here. We tried the tasting menu this time. It was fantastic. Consistent excellence at Jungsik. We we will back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently exceptionalcaliforniafoodiesVIPDined on 8/25/2014Wow--and then some. Each bite is full of flavor and the presentations are exquisite.Special Features:
- Beautiful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014We went for a dinner to Jungsik to celebrate my birthday. It is a perfect place for such an occasion - very elegant but not heavy at all. It really deserves Michelin stars as the food is just beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful date nightclemmyDined on 8/23/2014This was our first Michelin star restaurant experience. We were celebrating and wanted to do something special. I had a reservation for a Saturday night. It was pretty busy, but not overcrowded. The service was top notch. We weren't too hungry so we chose not to do the tasting menu, and instead, based on our server's recommendation, got four things each, all the smaller sized portions. Our favorites were the sea urchin, yellowtail, octopus, galbi, and the oysters. We also had the pineapple dessert and the green tea, which we both loved. At the end, they brought out a little bonsai tree box and inside there were a few little desserts (mini macarons, chocolates, and financiers). Overall, wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding !BernieDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant is excepcionaly good ! Everything ! The presentation of the food is great.Special Features:
- SuperbEdelbevanDined on 8/16/2014Dishes to please the eye, tastebuds and mind...intelligently designed and executed with intense, rich flavors. Amazing wines by the glass and half bottle. Loved the seating area also that we were given, a rounded booth for two. Comfy and solved the perennial problem of one of us facing the wall. Standouts: Royal Bibimbop and Jungsik steak. Corn creme brulee amazing. We did the tasting menu, which is deceiving -- even though the artistically presented portions are small, the nine courses add up to quite a feast. Service was friendly and warm while still conveying the seriousness with which the chef and staff take the food.Special Features:
- Excellent service!dhoeDined on 8/16/2014The staff was very attentive, helpful and knowledgeable. The food was very good and plates were a work of art. My girlfriend and I had a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- One of a kindLordBritishVIPDined on 8/11/2014I enjoy finding and dining at great restaurants. JUNGSIK is a great restaurant! Their unbelievable creativity in flavor combinations, presentations and service make this one of the finest and most unique dining experiences I have ever had. This restaurant deserves far more fanfare than it currently receives. While Korean cuisine rarely comes to at least my mind, when thinking of extraordinary dining... JUNGSIK should should be put on everyone's lists of extraordinary places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and Amazingglass006Dined on 8/9/2014Truly a great find in Tribeca. Pricey but well worth it!Special Features:
- Excellent and original Korean foodscotabroadDined on 8/7/2014I had a thoroughly enjoyable time at Jungsik. I tried the tasting menu with wine pairings. Particular highlights were the fried oysters with accompanying Riesling. The sweetness of the wine brought out the full flavour of the oyster and matches the fried batter perfectly. Nice as this dish was, however, I think my favourite of the evening was the Royal Bibimbap. This take on the traditional dish substitutes the normal sliced meat for foie gras to wonderful effect. The setting is simple, a main dining room which is elegantly decorated with two rows of tables along opposite walls. Staff were knowledgeable and courteous throughout. Overall this is an excellent restaurant. Korean food this good really has to be sampled by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant, just about perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2014Everyone should have the experience of the tasting menu and flight of wines at Jungsik.Special Features:
- Fusion of Flavors!gr8foodVIPDined on 8/1/2014We loved the food -- such interesting combinations of flavors. We would definitely go back for the food. The service was the only part of our evening that felt "off" -- our waiter was too professional. He needed to be a tad more friendly. When we go out for an evening of trying wonderful food (especially a tasting menu) we enjoy "sharing" our joy with the waitstaff. Our wine server clearly connected with that, which was fun. Servers need to "read" their clients so that the meal is as social/not social as it needs to be. LOVED the food, though. Go there!Special Features:
- Amazing!summerDined on 7/30/2014I have been here two times in a week, it is enough said. Food is super delicious and super flavorful. I am totally amazed. To me, I enjoyed the food here more than a few Michelin three stars restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PierreDined on 7/21/2014Le serveur nous a propose le the ou le cafe juste après nos plats sales ce qui n'est pas très correct. En general, le boisson chaud, le serveur devrait le proposer soit en meme que le dessert ou après le repas. Cette proposition non professionnel nous a presse a quitter la table plutôt ignorant les desserts inclus dans le tasting menu et ainsi que le dessert supplement offert. C'est dommage que ce serveur ne soit pas aussi attentionné.Special Features:
- Very impressiveTheBrushDined on 7/15/2014Super food full of flavors, super wine list and the sommelier did really a good job in suggesting a great wine for us. The service was second to none, they offered little extras in the form of additional flavors. All in all, if you can afford the place, it is a must go. I would definitely return!Special Features:
- outstanding and unusualEpicure4711VIPDined on 7/12/2014This is a one-of-a-kind restaurant. The food is full of surprises (e.g., the vegetables accompanying the delicious scallops are scented with yuja (yuzu in Japanese) but always in a gentle way and never "over the top". At the same time, each dish is clearly picking up a theme in Korean cuisine, using quintessentially Korean ingredients and presentation forms. The wine pairing of the tasting menu is similarly creative, and the attentive yet natural service rounds off a thoroughly exciting and pleasant experience.Special Features:
- DelicatepbchefDined on 7/10/2014Was expecting more traditional korean style, it really seemed French with and asian flair. None the less the dining experience was first rate, with interesting flavor combinations.Special Features:
- Great Food. Entrance needs work.Luv2dine10Dined on 7/10/2014The Korean fried chicken given as a complimentary taste was off the page good, wish it was offered as an appetizer. Loved the fried oysters. Uni was drowned out by the salad and quinoa under it. Crispy snapper was awesome. We had a good time despite feeling rushed by the waiter. The food was excellent, fresh and well presented. Unfortunately the waiter was very pushy and kept rushing our order, even though we were the only ones in the place. She was very aggressive with recommending the most expensive food and bottles of wine. She was a little too present in asking us what we thought of every morsel of food we put in our mouths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleStarrat1Dined on 7/7/2014The textures, aromas and flavours are unlike anything you are likely to experience at any other location. Service was exactly what you would expect for a venue of this calibre, always there when you need it but never disruptive in any way. One of the best meals my wife and I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could not be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014We had a fantastic birthday celebration here. I could have not asked for a better time.Special Features:
- Amazing dining experienceFoodie4everDined on 6/27/2014Gorgeous venue, amazing food & excellent service. Not your temporary Korean cuisine but an interesting & modern twist on everything that is yummy in Korean cuisine. Will def return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special, Interesting, ExpensiveGoodFoodDined on 6/14/2014Jungsik is an elegant Korean restaurant. Excellent service. We had the 8 course tasting menu. No doubt the cuisine is exquisite, the dishes are most beautifully prepared and some of them, like the crispy red snapper, are outstanding. I did not rate the food as outstanding because the meat dish (I chose the lamb) was, alas, extremely salty, heavy and overdone. It was the last dish before the dessert and should be lighter. Still, they deserve the two Michelin stars and I will definitely return when I am in NYC again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLisaliriDined on 6/12/2014A great find! Excellent attentive service! Perfectly timed dinner. Nicely crafted, delicate and original takes on classic dishes and artistic dishes. Delicious! Would definitely recommend and return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamieVIPDined on 6/11/2014Second time dining and it did not disappoint! Enjoyed the tasting menu again and it was just as good as the first time. Highly recommend!!!Special Features:
- JtheGourmetVIPDined on 6/3/2014Very good food in a relaxing modern/elegant setting - although chairs could be more comfortable. Small plates are not so small and each dish is an interesting concatenation of flavors. Very good wine list.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014The service was excellent. The food was very good, but a little repetitive. In general, it was a very good meal, but it wasnt worth the price. You get a much better bang for the buck at Daniel or Le Bernardin.Special Features:
- Every dish is an experience!!!CmanubayDined on 5/31/2014Amazing food! Will definitely go back to try the other dishes. I must try every single thing on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place, great experiencenobuhadaDined on 5/22/2014Loved the feel of this place. Very nice date spot. The food definitely has french technique written all over it but its not a bad thing.. its a modern approach to korean/french cuisine. They have there own personality. Although it didn't feel korean, I did taste some krn in some of the dishes. Pricey..yes but the whole experience of the restaurant is worth it. The whole experience IS worth the Michelin stars. Food alone was very good but only worth two stars. I guess eating at some of Michelin three star restaurants nothing feels as good. The service was awesome and having a wine conisorre on the spot to assist the customer for wine pairings shows they care about the experience of the customer. It was a Great experience for my date and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!1234Dined on 5/17/2014The dinner, service and atmosphere in Jungsik was overall superb and a delight! The highlights: - amuse bouche, setting high expectations for the dinner - Octopus, Scallop, Tribeca Lobster and Citrus - wine list - the staff, who was extremely attentive, positive and dedicatedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely great food and service!PeriniDined on 5/17/2014I had the tasting menu with the wine pairing, and it was absolutely brilliant. Perfect balance between the well known/familiar and new/exciting tastes. Great wine to go with the food, and really nice service.Special Features:
- Fantastic Korean Food ReinventedSeotaijiDined on 5/10/2014The food, the service, the ambience, everything was worthy of a 2 star restaurant. Korean food reinvented and reassembled at a whole new level of finesse and creativity. Personal favourite: the octopus starter and the wagyu beef dishes. Delicious and very special. Exceptional and friendly service, always helpful and attentive but never intrusive. Great choice for a special evening with your loved one or if you want to discover an outstanding approach at asian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chefs menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2014We had the chefs menu and it was superb. They were even willing to swap out some of the seafood items since I wasn't a fan. It almost felt like endless servings one after another. Food and presentation was fantastic. The only negative was the overpriced wine list. They had a large wine list but almost nothing under $100 a bottle. So if you plan to go with a party of 4 with wine then expect to spend over $1000 in total.Special Features:
- the reputation standsOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/9/2014i've heard excellent things about jungsik but never got around to try it for myself. after they got their 2 michelin stars, i placed it back on my list to try. the food was simly extraordinary. creative yet carefully executed with subtle suggestions of interesting play on texture and taste buds. my husband and i wondered why we didn't try jungsik before and our "little kid" declared that she wanted to come to this restaurant every night. we just went to bouley the week before so in our minds, we were silently comparing bouley to jungsik. jungsik definitely holds its own.Special Features:
- Really fantastic food, uniqueKtothecyoDined on 5/8/2014Just really great - tried to get into the Jungsik in Seoul last month, could not, now I see why - the food is overall superb. We ate at Jean-Georges the night before and we agreed that this was better - at least more interesting. If you like Korean flavors, this is an experience not to be missed. Recommend the Bossam rice, the Wagyu Galbi dish, as our favorites. Portions not overly small, and they have different sizes - we ordered many plates and shared. Wine program and service top notch as well. The mix and match courses (Apps, Rice, Seafood, Meat, Dessert) was great for making your own tasting menu. Petit fours and the end were even better than the desserts. My new fav restaurant in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/8/2014Everything was delicious. Wine parings were thoughtful and spot on. Service was impeccable. Definitely a worthwhile splurge if you have an occasion to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious.. butFoodieVisitingNYDined on 5/7/2014Stuffy waiter.. a little too serious. He wouldn't kibbutz at all with any of the 3 women I went with. AND 3 courses would have been enough and he suggested that most people eat 4 courses. so 3 of us ordered a 4th meat course and it was too much (and the least interesting of our food). He brought it down a couple of notches for me.. lighten up a little.
- Foodies belgiumFoodiesDined on 5/5/2014Food was ok but not that special as expected . New korean cuisine but we misser the asian touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth to tryDmaxDined on 5/2/2014i try the yellow tail that night, it is super delicious !!! love itSpecial Features:
- Exquisite cuisine.DaviiidforlifeDined on 5/2/2014The nine courses tasting menu is just excellent. I had a great time with my girlfriend in this specacular korean restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 406 reviews are from the JUNGSIK reviews archive.
- Elegant and deliciusOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/29/2014A tasting menu combined to perfection with sizes allowing you to taste everything and yet feel well at the end of the meal. Very attentive service and yet discrete. The variity of the food and the flavors cobined perfectly. Absolutely worth all the stars. Problably the best dessert of Rubarb and strwaberry I ever had.Special Features: