2215 E Burnside St
Portland, OR 97214Neighborhood:
Downtown Portland - NE
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.junepdx.com/
- Phone: 5034774655
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gregory Perrault
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
A word from June
Elegant, Northwest farm inspired, artisanal American. Our goal is to celebrate our Northwest roots and pay homage to the farmers and ranchers that make Oregon special. Our menu changes in concert with the seasons. Our wine list is focused mainly of French and Northwest wines... there is a french phrase 'Lutte Raisone'- 'The Good fight'- a commitment to do what is best for the land at all times. Our list reflects this philosophy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
June reviews from OpenTable diners
- We were wowed!RoxanneDined on 7/27/2013My husband and I, both accomplished cooks, relished these inventive dishes (lamb basil sausage and braised beef stuffed cabbage) and their well accompanied side dishes. The wines were great and my husband enjoyed a new gin in his martini. We would definitely go back and recommend you do, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Underrated.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2013June is quite possibly one of the most underrated restaurants in Portland. I feel like we're in on a secret. We opted for the tasting menu since it was my birthday, and holy cow, I'm so glad we did. Everything was perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A weird Portlandia experienceleslieDined on 4/30/2013Everything started out wonderful the appetizer was lovely...presentation & taste delicious. We ordered the Steak. First, there menu is not updated online on their actual site! It was served on a white plate sitting on top of a dark gravy that did not have a unique or good flavor there was no vegetables except a lemon wedge was on the plate. Which seemed odd. The steak was a massive cut cooked beautifully but over half of the size was fat and bone. For that meat only kind of eater this probably would have been perfect. But go to a steak house for that .Dining at June should be a culinary experience. I dine out a lot and do because of the talented chefs in our region. We seek taste that we cant get at home. This was sadly a disappointment.Special Features:
- Worth it!EmilyDined on 4/20/2013Got a little loud, service lagged a couple times, but once the food started coming out everything was brilliant. Had a great cocktail, the table enjoyed a great starter (and amazing bread), our server was friendly and kept us abreast of all changes on the menu/in the kitchen, and everyones' dishes were excellent. Also, STAY for dessert! We spent nearly 3 hours over dinner in here and it was wonderful.Special Features:
- Mixed experience - the appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/5/2013Mixed experience - the appetizers (buckwheat dumplings & cheese); and sturgeon entree were amazing... burger, octopus were deemed "ok". Service was good, but wine pours by glass were less than typical. We brought a bottle of wine, so we only experienced thsi on the cocktail portion. Server staff was very friendly and accommodating. Its a great location for a night out, as it is near other places if you want to get drinks or dessert.
- I LIKED IT... i REALLY LIKED IT....xxxxVIPDined on 4/2/2013I read other reviews and just want to say....I had a GREAT time...sat at the bar and had tasting menu...all delicious and complex..... Server was nice and savvy - not 'attitudy'....maybe chef gregory did some "adjusting" after reading prior OT & Yelp entries.... it's on my DEFINITELY return to list...cheers!Special Features:
- Flat, flat flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013Very disappointed in the food here. So wanted to love June, but every dish we tried was completely one-note with the exception of the complimentary beet ice cream/ lemon wafer canapes. We ordered the charred octopus, sardine, buckwheat dumplings, beets in lamb confit. The flavors were flat in all of these dishes and the presentation was more interesting than the flavor. Service was quite decent-- friendly, helpful, not overbearing.Special Features:
- Not worth a second tripCWrightVIPDined on 3/15/2013First, this is not a French Restaurant. In all honesty the best thing I can say about this restaurant is 1) they have decent wine list 2) if your a purest the flavors were fresh and vibrant 3) they source there food well. That being said, the overall experience was highly dissapointing and the food simply average. Salt is not a garnish and while food needs to be seasoned it should be done evenly not just thrown on at the last second. If your going to experiement with flavor combinations make sure they work. The beef stuffed apple was neither an entree nor did the flavor work well together. Lets get over beets please. Realy you started with spicy beet ice cream which was not spicy and set a horrible tone.
- We had a wonderful 4 hourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013We had a wonderful 4 hour dining experience...fantastic!Special Features:
- The emperor has no clothes.DanniDined on 2/22/2013Terrible. Pretentious. Out of two of their eight entrees when we got there, with reservations, at 8pm. Never got our cocktails and cancelled them after 45 minutes and went with wine, only bc our server could bring it to us. Mind you, the bar is within sight of our table and there are I SWEAR TO GOD, six chairs at it. I do more at home, with ease, but hey, we did order the very tricky vodka and sodas. I could gone on all night. It was awful and our server could hve saved it all by being nice but he too, was a pretentious tool. Thank god Pix was next door, we escaped to creme brule and champagne, but there are way too many good places to ever set foot in this silly spot. Annoying, bc we are super busy and only go out a few times a month.
- Never going back to JuneOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013Horrible service. This was Valentine's for gosh sake. Made us stand for 30 minutes. No real explanation on why they did not have a table ready. Others came in after us that were obviously friends of a waitress and were seated before us. We walked out and will never go back.
- Outstanding. Very creativeKathleenBDined on 2/9/2013Outstanding. Very creative menu. Every dish was unique and perfectly executed. Great service. Exceptional wine list. Very highly recommended.Special Features:
- Portlandia ExperienceNukeDined on 2/6/2013We came for an early dinner (6:15pm) in late January. The restaurant was very quiet. We got the sampler menu. There were several items that were excellent but others were just okay. When asked our opinion by the wait staff we told them what we thought. At the end of the meal we said thanks to the kitchen staff which they acknowledge but, as we walked away, I heard some very sarcastic comments. The whole meal was a very Portlandia experience.
- Overall, we had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013Overall, we had a wonderful meal which has been our experience multiple times at June. The starters were all different and delicious, especially the smoked delicata squash and lamb mortadella. And two of the main courses (the steelhead and tuna confit) were excellent. Two in the group has the salt cod ravioli which were good, but just not as wonderful as all the other seafood dishes we have had there. Still, the evening was a success and we will definitely go again.Special Features:
- We are always looking to tryfoodiegirlDined on 2/1/2013We are always looking to try new foods and restaurants. June didn't disappoint. Wine poached beets and chestnuts- loved that dish! The waitress was great- knowledgeable and very friendly. The tuna was perfect and steelhead was delicious. Dessert was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Fanatastic dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/29/2013The whole team were wonderful and were very interested in making me happy. The 4 courses I had were all incredible, a culinary delight. The wine list had uniqueness that I appreciate as a wine lover, not the typical take that we find in most restaurants, these guys really took the time to get quality and not quantity of regular plunk. Wine prices were extremely fair as was the meal. If I lived in Portland Oregon, I would make this my favorite spot.Special Features:
- the food was good. but theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013the food was good. but the pacing of the meal was horrible. the service was slow and a little awkward. disappointing, as i had read a nice write for them as one of portland's underrated restaurants. sorry june, there are too many better restaurants that are doing everything well. no need to go back.Special Features:
- My wife and I were seatedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/18/2013My wife and I were seated 20 minutes before anyone even came by to take a drink order. follow up requests (more butter, more wine) required asking multiple times. Soup arrived 1 hour after sitting down, and was fine but unimpressive. The ribeye was cold and tough. Will not be returning.
- Just right!MarkDined on 1/12/2013Seasonal innovative food, subtle darkish interior, and attentive staff. We shared two two seasonal appetizers (lentil gratin, winter squash) and each enjoyed an entree (lamb shank, egg). Complete with mocktails, we left having spent less than $70 for two; which given the complexity of the food was an exceptionally good value. The noise level is lively but we could definitely carry on a conversation which we value as an important part of eating out. We were so wonderfully fed and delighted.Special Features:
- juneOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/11/2013The service at June was excellent. There was a slight mishap with my reservation but the wait staff at June more than made up for it and made my evening and dinner spectacular. Dinner was interesting and delicious and the wine and drinks were excellent. I would highly recommend June to any of my friends.Special Features:
- I'd walked by several timesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/10/2013I'd walked by several times and seen the posted menus changing with the seasons. I was intrigued but some of the combinations seemed a bit of a stretch. I thought it might be a bit pretentious. We were pleasantly surprised to find it was much more earnestly adventurous than I had guessed. The staff was mostly helpful and honestly enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Starting with a lovely amuse-bouche of a dab of truffle ice cream on a perfect potato chip, then salt cod tortellini with dried apricots, smoked delicata squash and chevre, we were in a good mood when the plats arrived: perfect lambchops with gremolata for her and a beef-belly stuffed apple for me. All well seasoned and with imaginative accompaniments, beautifully presented.Special Features:
- June more than satisfied onOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/8/2013June more than satisfied on a second visit. Both evenings were topnotch in every respect. I'll be back. I was excited to share this great experience with my kids, including my son-in-law, who is a chef and who also thoroughly enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful cocktails and dessert!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/5/2013Wonderful cocktails and dessert! Try the vodka and tonic with homemade tonic. Food was creative and tasty. Only downfall is that service was extemely slow. Pack a granola bar to tide you over. I would come back for a cocktail at the bar and dessert; skip the dinner.
- Rediscovered JuneOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/18/2012I've had two great meals @ June. Love the cocktails. The small plate approach really suites the chef. Flavors are very interesting. Overall great experience.Special Features:
- Oh my gosh...we were so impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/15/2012Oh my gosh...we were so impressed with the whole mix: nice table, great lighting, excellent cocktails, good service and a dinner that was locally sourced, blending delicious flavors of fresh ingredients that would delight James Beard himself! I had the best steelhead entree I have ever had, my husband could cut his medium rare Babette steak with the edge of his fork. Our starter was the last bowl of a mushroom soup with a pear base. Every meal element was way above average...the food here is excellent and comes with a reasonable price point.Special Features:
- Very good food, nice ambienceSEcarolynDined on 12/15/2012Very good food, nice ambience but will need to go back a few times. Each of the menu items could have used a tweak or better explaination.Special Features:
- Drink menu was great; interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/8/2012Drink menu was great; interesting without being too bombastic and showy. Food wasn't so hot. Bowl of Chantys was bland, and the only flavor was "bitter" from all the radicchio; The mushroom soup was the opposite: blaring sweetness that was uncalled for, need to tone it down because it overrode the heartiness of the mushrooms; The steak was well cooked and seasoned, but the addition of the pickled daikon was a fail because (a) the daikon tasted far too bland, and (b), pairing this with steak and polenta is a poor choice. The lamb chop was spectacular. The apple tart and gouda ice cream was also very, very good. So was your selection of digestifs, especially the chamomile grappa.
- If no options consider, Else skip.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/6/2012I had been to June once before & found the overall experience good but not great; I thought I would give the place another go for my birthday, booking via OT & stating so. When we arrived and throughout no mention except when the bill came & then the “Happy Birthday” felt an after-thought to up the tip. Generally, I felt the attention to detail was a bit lacking and the overall experience just OK: food OK, drinks OK, ambiance Excellent, but service sub-par. Our waitress was blank faced, spacey, and generally not helpful; she kept walking away before we were finished & then upon return seemed upset to be bothered by the one full table in the place. That said, its a nice spot but needs work.
- lovely dinnerMelsopinionDined on 12/1/2012Our party of 4 had both of the Fish dishes and loved them; I also had the pear and mushroom soup which is really complex and delicious. We love the Carmen ranch beef dishes but this time all had fish since we have a freezer filled with Carmen Ranch beef right now.Special Features:
- I've been three times to JuneDouglasDined on 11/28/2012I've been three times to June and each meal has been outstanding: creative, local ingredients, flavorful. June matches up with Portland's very best. Service has been individual and attentive. A great find!Special Features:
- This is our third visit inhelenaiVIPDined on 11/23/2012This is our third visit in as many weeks - three enjoyable nights out!Special Features:
- Most creative food I've hadPuffinPowerDined on 11/21/2012Most creative food I've had in a long, long time, in a cozy, unpretentious atmosphere. Favorite dish of the evening: Cabbage rolls stuffed with an albacore tuna fish cake, served with a relish of smoked apples, cauliflower and mushrooms. Amazing, amazing food. Just sorry I didn't save room for lovage sherbet for dessert.Special Features:
- Thaw service was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/17/2012Thaw service was excellent, food was very good and it was in a great locationSpecial Features:
- With the roll up door, itOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/14/2012With the roll up door, it would be great to dine here on a summer evening. Very attentive service and clever food combinations.Special Features:
- This was my second visit toNWdinerVIPDined on 11/10/2012This was my second visit to June, and I still don't understand why I don't hear about it more often. The service was terrific and friendly, and the server was knowledgeable about the menu. The food is inventive, but not so much so that you need a translator. Also, delicious.Special Features:
- DisappointingOregonVisitorDined on 11/10/2012We'd been anticipating a great evening after having been attracted by the innovative menu and intimate setting. Regrettably, the food and service were a big disappointment. We truly enjoyed only one of the three starters and one of the three entrees. Initial impressions suggested that the service would be attentive but then we waited for ever - even for the bread... With so many other new - not to mention proven - places in Portland, I can't imagine chancing June again.
- Highly Recommend and will be back !OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2012Very delicious, amazingly fresh and uniquely prepared food entrees. The chef does an amazing job in the quality and preparation of each appetizer and entree. The taste of each was so delicious and unique. The atmopshere was very calming, relaxing and romantic. The drinks were great tasting and strong. I actually had the burger, the last item on the menu and it literally melted in my mouth on the fresh bread. My date ordered the fresh veggies and seafood items which were excellent as well. The prices were very competitive with comparable restaurants, but the food was far and above the best I've tasted. I highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Best small restaurant in PDXOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2012The menu does not have a lot of choices which made it even more pleasant since we each had trouble choosing just one thing. My tuna was the best I have ever had. Its so easy to overcook but this melted in my mouth. The hamburger was excellent and the vegetarian entree of mushrooms smelled so delightful that we all wished we had ordered it. Excellent food, fantastic preparation. Its a small intimate space so the sound goes up as the tables fill up but that should not be a deterrent to eating at one of the best small restaurants in PDX.Special Features:
- Went to June for my girlfriend'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2012Went to June for my girlfriend's birthday and had a great time. We ordered appetizers and entrees and left stuffed. A little sampling of the house pepperoni from the kitchen, and a nice little candle in our dessert, two appreciated small touches from the kitchen staff. The food overall was really delicious and creative, I don't think we had anything we didn't like. Wait staff was very friendly and patient making for a great experience. Restaurant itself is very small, which depending on your mood can be good or bad, in this case it was good. There was one big group and one small group dining while we were there. Seems like with some forewarning they could accomodate a pretty good size party.Special Features:
- I was visiting from out ofOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/13/2012I was visiting from out of state. The restaurant was recommended to me. I enjoyed both the chicken liver pate as well as an amaszing pear and mushroom soup. I had the salmon which was good but just slight too rare for me. My partner had the lamb meatballs and raved about them. All in all it was a wonderful mealSpecial Features: