4450 N. Prospect Road, Suite S1
Peoria Heights, IL 61616Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.junerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3096825863x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Josh Adams
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: June Restaurant offers a private room that seats up to 12 people.
- Private Party Contact: Josh Adams 3096825863x
A word from June Restaurant
June is a farm to table restaurant that features sustainable, artisanal ingredients and uses modern cooking techniques.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
June Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- nice to have a place like thisfoodieDined on 3/8/2014Peoria needs interesting restaurants like this. Sure beats the same old places that never change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in TownRandLDined on 2/22/2014June is without a doubt one of the best, if not the best restaurant in town for fine dining. The service is excellent which we find difficult to get in Peoria and it's important especially when you are spending good money. They have an excellent wine list and the waiters are very knowledgable about wine which is always enjoyable. Chef Josh always comes to the table to say hello. The best part of dining at June is of course the food which is always excellent. It stands alone as there is no other place like this around. The portions are perfectly sized, not the usual plate that could feed a family of six. All in all it is a wonderful experience from the moment you sit down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great dining experiencetomandgerryDined on 2/22/2014Loved the food - great flavors. My only feedback is the ambience - a little softer lighting and music piped into the dining area. I liked the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Valentine Dinner...EclecticEnjoyerDined on 2/15/2014We have frequently dined at June and once again found the food to be truly outstanding, the service quite good, however, the temperature of the restaurant was once again cold. Chef Josh created a four course meal and wine pairing that brought together incredible flavors that quite literally exploded in your mouth. However, the highlight for both my wife and I was the beef tenderloin entree which, was the tenderest, most delicious we have had ANYWHERE in the country! The entire meal was wonderful. While the temperature of the room was uncomfortably cold it couldn't distract from the quality of service and the exceptional combinations of flavors presented within each course. Those were the true highlights of our Valentine evening,Special Features:
- Excellent 4 course wine pairedPew1Dined on 2/15/2014Excellent 4 course wine paired meal! Each course truly memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Peoria food by far, but...TurnipandDearDined on 2/14/2014...the service was a horrible experience. This was our third time eating at June, with our first two visits completely blowing us away. For our first two visits we had Ryan as a server, who did a superb job making us feel comfortable. Our most recent visit was on Valentine's Day, with June offering a special four course menu for the event. The restaurant was the fullest I have ever seen and saw many new servers I had not seen before. On this visit, we had a new server who constantly forgot we were paying customers. Our food came late - taking over two hours to enjoy our four courses. Besides the service, you can't go wrong with the food. Josh and his team have crafted by far the best food you can find in Peoria, if you don't mind waiting.Special Features:
- A great occasion place. LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2013A great occasion place. Love the 6 course dinner with wine paring. Truly enjoy watching food preparation in the open kitchen. Third trip and will return!Special Features:
- Wednesday night specialsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/11/2013the Wednesday night breakfast was fantastic, we will be back this week to see what's ne!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/29/2013We've been to June several times, always ordered from the a la carte menu, and was only ever disappointed once (one dish was over salted). They now only offer 2 tasting menus: a 3-course ($35) or 6-course ($85), with wine/beer parings (+$50). The food was very good, creative and complex, esp. the fish and beef. Portions are small, but after 6 courses you feel satisfied. The last 2 are desserts - I would've preferred a fifth savory dish and only one dessert. Wines were also very good and off the beaten track, which was nice. It was a nice experience for a special occasion, but overpriced for what you get. In comparison, a tasting menu at Rick Bayless' Topolobampo in Chicago is $100 for a lot more food and every dish is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give your taste buds a treat!GinaDDined on 11/7/2013Three foodie friends went and enjoyed a quiet weeknight dinner. Watched the chefs prepare a fabulous 6 course tasting menu. Great explanations of the food, prep techniques and ingredients. We will go again to experience Josh's creativity and talent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining EXPERIENCE...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2013...an amazing experience! Each course is carefully prepared and plated, then explained by the preparer chef. Each and every person from the owner/chef to the preparation chef staff to the wait staff were friendly and informative. We felt very pampered. June is unique dining with locally grown organic foods. It is more than a meal, it is a true evening out to be savored.Special Features:
- Mmm...Delicious!JuneFreakRNDined on 9/28/2013June is a diamond in the rough. It is a quaint, eclectic place where you can go for a dinner EXPERIENCE. It's not just a dinner, it entails food that you'll never have anywhere in Illinois, detailed descriptions of all meals by your server (at your table), and service that is top-notch. Do allow yourselves about three hours for dinner as it does take a while in between courses. Also, make sure that you are prepared to spend upwards of $200 on each visit. They have a set menu now consisting of a three course or a seven course meal. Wine pairings are available to each choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionKaideDined on 9/20/2013Everything about this place was great. The food, service, wine & beer selection, and ambience was exceptional. I would recommend it for a special, romantic occasion or a special dinner with friends. The food was out of this world and the server, chef and owner took time to explain the dishes and the reason they chose the ingredients to us. We had a show to go to after dinner and they were very mindful of our schedule. We had the 3 course fixed and will definitely be going back for the 7 course fixed dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Superlative!BretBeallDined on 9/14/2013June always offers amazing ingredients with delicious flavors with beautiful platings. This most recent visit was no exception. In fact, I do believe it is possible that Chef Josh Adams and his team have raised the bar even higher. The ingredients were just a bit more amazing, and the flavors were just a tad more delicious, and the plates were displaying even more beauty. The new format of two tasting menus certainly pleases me, as does the variety of options for beverage pairings. I am already looking forward to my next visit to June.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now offers tasting menu only.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2013Restaurant recently changed to three- or eight-course tasting menu only; portion sizes = the same for three- or eight-course. Three-course is limited to appetizer, fish or beef choice, and dessert choice; eight-course = an epic amount of food: way too much. Food is all prepared beautifully, as always, but be forewarned that those are now diners' only options: little choice and very low price or an offensive amount of food at a very high price tag. Used to love this place; still huge respect for the chef; won't be going again.Special Features:
- This was a Pop up event atFirebellyDined on 9/4/2013This was a Pop up event at June -- fixed menu that included entre and dessert. This one was the restaurant's take on Korean barbeque and included short ribs with a chili sauce, greens w/ kim chee rice with an egg. Very good. Dessert was even better: evaporated meringue and a wonderful coconut plum ice cream over a red bean paste. And cantaloupe. Sitting was next the another couple at a long table, across from my guest -- not ideal. Portions are small. Food, though, has the same care and flavor concentration as the regular menu at a much lower price point. Great intro to what they do at June.Special Features:
- Alas poor JuneOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2013Our first visit to June 4 mos. ago was totally successful. The food and service were great. What happened?? Last night, the waitperson was ignorant of any details concerning ingredients, preparation of the food, sources, and continually poured water on our table, wetting the warm bread. She tried to remedy this by putting a towel on the pitcher and getting another serving of bread, but the towel didn't work and the replacement serving was warm on the edges and frozen in the middle. After a long wait for appetizers, there followed another for mains. There appeared to a continuous tension between the kitchen and servers which was embarrassing to the point of indigestion to have to watch. Mains were good but sat under lights too long.
- By far the BEST food I haveBrendaDined on 8/31/2013By far the BEST food I have ever experienced. I am a foodie and feel I know food pretty well, but the menu did intimidate me a bit. The waitstaff is excellent at answering your questions and giving insight. Portions are small, but adequate especially if you are wanting to experience a variety of their offerings. Food is fresh, full of flavor with impeccable presentation. That dinner will not be forgotten soon -- too bad this restaurant is not in my hometown. Bon Appetite - SUPERB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection in Peoria!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/31/2013We love driving to Peoria for this wonderful food experience. Chef Josh does an excellent job of using seasonally and local foods to create the most flavorful dishes in the mid West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2013This was our second visit for June's Wednesday night 18.50 price fixe dinner. Our first experience was very good so we decided to invite a friend for the Korean BBQ rib night. My ribs were gristly and fatty and the sides were so-so as was the dessert. Very disappointed and somewhat embarrassed as we had invited a friend to join us.
- Outstanding Chef/Lousy WaiterLarryDined on 8/16/2013The before dinner cocktails were a major disappointment. I ordered my Manhattan up without cherries and received it on the rocks with cherries. When I complained, the ice was merely removed and my drink served diluted. On the other hand, the wine selections with the Chef's dinner were uniformly excellent - and clever. As was the food. Despite the excellence of the food and wine, the evening was ruined for me by abysmally bad service. Modernist cuisine demands description and our waiter's course-by-course delivery of same was cringe-inducingly bad. He rattled off the composite ingredients as though he had a bus to catch and made his getaway before anyone could ask a question. Ditto on his descriptions of the paired wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room for greater excellenceFoodieProfDined on 8/15/2013Fourth or so trip to June. Food was as amazing as ever, or even better. Having chefs introduce the dishes was a nice touch. But this is the region's premier cuisine, hands down; the overall experience should be nearly perfect and it was not, this time. The server was very amiable but not completely up to speed. We did receive some wonderful complementary treats that dissolved any disappointments. As for atmosphere, we were the only diners, unusually; the kitchen was playing loud music that seemed too informal. And a bit more formal uniform (rather than random t-shirts) seems to me appropriate to the grandeur of the cuisine. Wine list is impressive but badly printed. I deeply value this place and do not want to see it go under.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousBilluDined on 8/8/2013We had the seven course taster paired with wine and it was amazing! We loved everything. We could watch the chefs cooking in the kitchen, it was quiet, relaxed, and so delicious. Amazing and very different tastes, but very very good. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab food and fab service!lovegoodfoodDined on 8/3/2013This was not my hubby's and my first time at this lovely restaurant. The food was as fantastic as always and very innovative. Would definitely dine here again to try the other dishes; but each time we eat here, the dishes change to other great dishes. Will just have to eat here more often even though we are from Virginia. You have to keep that delicious pork belly served any way on the menu. Bring more people to dine with you so that you can taste more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yay for Josh Adams!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2013Chef Adams just continues to improve! Lots of fresh local produce, lovingly prepared and absolutely delicious taste treats. Smoked grapes? who knew? Orange fennel sausage was a great counterpoint to perfectly cooked guinea hen supreme. Great wines, innovative cocktails, (limoncello, vodka, dill and other aromatics, yummy!) Buttermilkbiscuits (better than mine, and that's sayin something) served with ice milk and local blackberries for dessert. This restaurant is a true Peoria treasure. Not for the "all you can eat crowd" for sure, but we always find that three courses leaves us pleasantly sated, with room for dessert if our interest is piqued. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the "pop-up" nightbastet1968Dined on 7/17/2013June has started a pop-up night on Wednesdays -- they suspend the menu and serve a theme dinner & dessert. Our night was an Indian theme and we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and cocktails. While some people may find it disconcerting to not choose the dishes they are going to eat, I found it to be quite enjoyable. Additionally, the communal seating allowed for fun and interesting conversations between the diners.Special Features:
- Made a reservation to surpriseSpecialNightDined on 7/13/2013Made a reservation to surprise my wife for a nice anniversary dinner. The folks at June did it great. We selected the tasting option with wine. The blending of flavored was fantastic. We both ate items we probably would have avoided had we selected out own courses. I highly recommend to any couple or small group who want to enjoy an evening of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining in Peoria by farOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/6/2013An absolutely amazing gourmet dining experience. The food is terrific and well seasoned, the flavors are unique and not anything that you'd expect in Peoria. Watching the chef prepare the dishes in the open kitchen was like watching an artist at work. I had the beet salad, scallops and halibut, and every dish was wonderful. The dessert was terrific, and the wine list is very extensive. I've been to a number of top restaurants in Portland, and this gem is on par with any of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New experienceladydiDined on 6/26/2013Everything was perfect : the food, the sitting exception the portion of the side, a little bit small. We'll come back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the price!LamboniusDined on 6/22/2013My wife and I would consider ourselves foodies, and we love to try out new places. June has been on our list of places to try in the Peoria area for a while, and we finally got out there the other night. I have to say, of all the various pricier restaurants in the Peoria area, never have I been as impressed with the quality of food, the ambiance, and the service as June. The food is so artfully prepared and presented--it's really an experience unlike most other places in the area. Each dish was personally presented to us by the chef and briefly explained. The price tag seems steep at a glance, but this place is the whole package. Well worth it, especially for a special occasion. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peoria Area 5 Star Dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2013Who knew you could find such an eclectic restaurant in the middle of Peoria, Peoria Heights to be exact. I have lived in the area for 9 years and I never new such a place could exist, one that caters to the pallet, understands the nuances of food, and makes every bite a wonderful experience. I was pleasantly surprised, and was planning on going to this restaurant before I knew it was on open table, so it was a win win, points and awesome food!Special Features:
- Fantastic Night OutPoppyGirlDined on 6/15/2013My husband took me here to celebrate my 40th birthday. While expensive, everything was just fabulous about this place. This is a place for someone who can appreciate fine dining and work and expertise in creating such wonderful food items. I highly recommend doing the tasting menu along with the wine pairing. The service was great, and it was also a treat to have the chef come out and tell you what he created and how he created it. If you're someone who prefers large portions and low cost meals, this is not the place for you. However, if you appreciate quality dining and the "art" of food, this is definitely the place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food aspect was fine. RestaurantBillDined on 6/15/2013Food aspect was fine. Restaurant was too cold--over air conditioned. We were blasted by cold air and very uncomfortable for the time we were there. Changing tables did not help. Staff was sympathetic and helpful, but restaurant temp and blowing air were unacceptably cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- June in JuneEatonDinoutDined on 6/14/2013This was our second time at June. While we remembered liking it the first time, we hadn't been back for over a year. It was even better than we remembered it! The service was impeccable and the menu diverse and interesting. My wife had the halibut and it was tasty (could have used a few more snow peas) I had the barramundi and enjoyed it on German spring potatoes. We split a side of VERy spicy cauliflower and our only wish is there had been a little more of it. We want to go back with some friends to try the tastiong menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- June's pop up dinners are fabulousRadiobunnypeoDined on 6/12/2013Every Wednesday night June has pop up dinners. This past Wednesday was Greek! The menu is set and the cost is $18 plus what ever you want to spend on cocktails or wine. I love to sample the cuisines as Peoria is really lacking when it comes to ethnic cuisine. June is my favorite restaurant in Peoria.Special Features:
- Big Town Experience in a small TownBowhunter57Dined on 6/8/2013June was truly a unique experience in Central Illinois. The Labor intensive food presentation was fabulous. With an open kitchen the food preparation just adds to this great experience. Special requests were honored with great results, unlike big town restaurants. The 7 course tasting paired with wine or beer was fanstastic. Dennis was the host/bartender/ wine expert and had extensive knowledge of each wine and beer. The deserts were not to be overlooked as well to top off a fantastic evening. Prepare to spend 2 to 3 hours as this dining experience is a dining event, not just a meal out. The fresh ingrediants are not to be overlooked and just add to this unique outstanding experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta plan for the patrons.........OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2013I cannot stop exclaiming over the food at June. It is exceptional. The wine is pretty darn tasty too. But, when you call and they ask if it's a special occasion and you tell them that it's for 2 retirements and then they don't mention anything about them the entire evening, it's disappointing. When you wait for 45 minutes before anything is brought to your table it adds to the disappointment. Also, we had the 7 course dinners and had to ask for bread, silverware, and more water more than once. We did plan on a leisurely dinner and it was indeed that. The wait staff was not sufficient for the clients that they served that night. I expect superior service at this establishment and was not happy that we did not receive it.Special Features:
- Wonderful TimeKermitDined on 6/5/2013Third visit and each time has been memorable. We are always very impressed by the food and the service is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what was advertisedSoberoneDined on 6/4/2013I was hosting a birthday dinner for friends and they wouldn't let some of the guests do al a carte while the rest of them did the seven course tasting. It was very inconvenient and made the guests unhappy.
- an experiencecasualdinerDined on 6/1/2013Definitely more of an experience than a meal. Granted we didn't have drinks with our meal, but I left feeling hungry still. The food was good & obviously very carefully and lovingly prepared. The passion of the staff was evident & inspiring. For the price, though, I'd expect a little more to fill me up. Also, we were there for over 2 hours for 2 courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.